Android Port?

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
riahc3

Post » 07 Mar 2016, 17:43

Im sure this has been asked but will there ever be a Android port?

Technochips

Post » 07 Mar 2016, 17:46

no

riahc3

Post » 07 Mar 2016, 17:55

Julien12150 wrote:no
Why not? The LÖVE framework can run on Android it seems (I thought the no would be the limitation of it cannot run on that platform but...)

MF064DD

Post » 07 Mar 2016, 19:16

riahc3

Post » 10 Mar 2016, 16:31

The thread was kind of full of gibberish.

There is no technical discussion.

MF064DD

Post » 10 Mar 2016, 19:33

Because this question as been asked so many times, and no one wants to make it. Maurice has already moved on from Mari0, and it would be too hard to port it to Android, regardless of the LÖVE framework. You know what else supports LÖVE? The 3DS if you use the Hombrew Launcher. There is such thing as limitations you know.

Before you get angry at people not being "technical" enough, how about you provide more in the OP rather than saying "I'm sure this has been asked but will there ever be an Android port?". Your demands or suggestions aren't as simple as you make them. If you want it so badly and it's so easy to port, do it yourself. We have already had "technical discussions" on other topics like this, and we would've rather you bumped an old one then make an entirely new one. And even then, no one would've made it. Sorry dude, but it's true.

riahc3

Post » 11 Mar 2016, 13:01

Mariofan064 wrote:Because this question as been asked so many times, and no one wants to make it. Maurice has already moved on from Mari0, and it would be too hard to port it to Android, regardless of the LÖVE framework. You know what else supports LÖVE? The 3DS if you use the Hombrew Launcher. There is such thing as limitations you know.

Before you get angry at people not being "technical" enough, how about you provide more in the OP rather than saying "I'm sure this has been asked but will there ever be an Android port?". Your demands or suggestions aren't as simple as you make them. If you want it so badly and it's so easy to port, do it yourself. We have already had "technical discussions" on other topics like this, and we would've rather you bumped an old one then make an entirely new one. And even then, no one would've made it. Sorry dude, but it's true.
Wow....such anger!

I was just asking. I looked up the engine and saw if there wasnt any type of limitation that was stopping this from happening but I saw nothing. So I asked (didnt demand or anything) if there was any reason this wasnt done....

You guys needs to calm down. It almost seems you dont want it on Android or something.

SantaMari0

Post » 11 Mar 2016, 14:04

As said in the other android port threads: Mari0 uses threading to fix love2d audio issues, aiming would suck and there is no real reason for android port in the first place, since it would most likely be an inferior port. I've tried making it myself, and it's pretty much impossible since you would either need to rework the game to work on android, or rewrite the entire thing.

MF064DD

Post » 11 Mar 2016, 16:00

riach3 wrote: Wow....such anger!

I was just asking. I looked up the engine and saw if there wasn't any type of limitation that was stopping this from happening but I saw nothing. So I asked (didn't demand or anything) if there was any reason this wasn't done....

You guys really need to calm down. It almost seems you don't want it on Android or something.
You thought I was angry? I was telling you the truth. When I was writing that I was calm as can be. At the time I'm writing this though? Not so much, Mr./Ms. "Wow such anger!". It's not cute. It's fuck' all annoying.

Now, as much as I'd love a port of this game to run on Android or iOS or a fucking toaster of some sort it isn't possible with such limitations, and would take a really long time for it to be as perfect. Those who have tried such a challenge have failed to make some things perfect. Besides, who would want to use touch controls anyway? How would that workout?