Superleetprogrammer Mod

If it doesn't have a subforum and it's a Stabyourself.net related software/service, post in here!
TurretBot

Post » 04 Sep 2015, 23:59

I decided to try out Superleetprogrammer and when I looked through the code* I noticed there were actually 2 unused (and broken) games in the source.
Since I was a bit disappointed that you could only make 1 game, I fixed the other two and reimplemented them.

Superleetdownload.

espioner

Post » 20 Feb 2016, 18:23

what is this?

what he does?

Technochips

Post » 20 Feb 2016, 18:48

good job on bumping a thread
Last edited by Technochips on 20 Feb 2016, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 20 Feb 2016, 19:17

Good job on not explaining anything.

First: it's not a map, it's a mod of one of the smaller, unknown Stabyourself games, called "Superleetprogrammer" (I mean, it should be clear, it's in the title).
Superleetprogrammer was a "game" where you'd hit random keys on the keyboard and Lua code would appear on the screen. It was made to give the illusion that the user is coding something when, in reality, he's just typing random gibberish.

Second: I told you guys to do my job but you weren't able to, I guess. So let me explain what a bump is, since clearly nobody else did. A bump is when you post on a thread in which the last post is very old. Usually, if the last post is three months old, it's already considered a bump. The only good reasons to bump a thread is if you add something to the discussion or project. For example, if the link to a certain map/mod doesn't work anymore, it's usually okay to bump the thread asking if anyone has it. Or if you make a bugfix of a map/mod, it's definitely fine to bump it. But if you post on it just to say "this is cool", then it's definitely a waste of time.

Third: Since no one also seems to have done this properly, I'll do it: explaining about double-posting. If you posted in a thread, but forgot to mention something, you shouldn't make a new post to tell others about that thing. Instead, edit your last post by clicking the "EDIT" button on the top-right corner of it. Posting the same thing in multiple threads is also usually not acceptable, unless you've made the most matter in the context. For example, I could make a drawing of my OC and post it on the Art Thread, then resize it to make an avatar and post it on the Avatar Thread. It's technically the same content, but modified in such a way that it fits both threads. HOWEVER, this does not mean that one should go around tweaking their posts just so that they can post it in several threads. Posting in 3 or more threads about the same thing is usually a bad thing, even if it's relevant. But if your last post on that thread has some time (24 hours or more is usually okay) and no one posted after you and you have something unrelated to the previous post to say, then it's okay to double post. For example, if I make a drawing in the Art Thread, then 2 days later I made another one but no one else posted there, then it's okay for me to double post to have both drawings shown.

Fourth: On a side note, making small posts with little to no content/effort is not usually seen with good eyes. Even if you're not bumping or double-posting, going on a thread to say "nice!" or "i like this" or even "what is this?" is generally bad. Unless you format you post to make it look better and have more content, it's usually advised that you post in the Chat Room asking or mentioning about that thread. If it's some criticism, however, I'd say you should probably post on the original thread, but make the post more significant than "looks cool".

And I think I should probably write a "Stabyourself Forum Etiquette" thread. Oh well, if anyone wants one, lemme know. At least we'll have something to link when new members come around.

TurretBot

Post » 22 Feb 2016, 07:42

So, did anyone actually try the mod, or are we just going to leave my thread like this?

EDIT 9/7/2016: yep we are