Ortho Robot - unofficial update

qaisjp

Post » 09 Mar 2013, 22:08

Hey guys,
I'm qaisjp and I bring to you a modified version of Ortho Robot (which I hope will develop into an unofficial version 2)
It's hosted on GitHub and all the latest information is shown on the front page, view it here.

Here's a link to the latest code update.

Here's a two hour timelapse (shortened to 10minutes) (I did code a little before the video started and a bit more after video ended)
I also procrastinated and trailed off the path throughout the beginning (like making it easier to test by messing with Sublime and AppleScript), but I guess that's part of developing. Actually had to speed it up by 800% to get that 2 hours down to an exact 10 minutes.
Talked to my friend and listened to my coding playlist (on Spotify) during the two hours.

Don't hesitate to give your comments and please do request any features you want and tell me all the bugs you find. Just click here, just make sure you check here to make sure we already know about your problem or request (just so you don't make another one!)

Thanks!

TheJonyMyster

Post » 16 Mar 2013, 05:40

Can you write a changelog or something?

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 26 Mar 2013, 15:10

UPDATES.md wrote:Changes:

Created easy controls, this allows you to just move the mouse to rotate (instead of holding down the mouse)
Small (2px) cursor movements are ignored
Moved the toggle sound to the bottom so that it doesn't bug out on Mac (fullscreen bug)
Honestly, prefered the control scheme on the original, though I prefered the fullscreen, 0.8.0 compatiblity of this version. Although I did mod it with the levels from extra othro. I do think a proper options menu would be nice. Scaling, sound, shaders, posibly custom character select. I don't really know. To be honest, the main thing that makes sense that this forum has done is more levels...