Extra Ortho [WIP, contributions appreciated]

trosh

Post » 14 Jul 2012, 22:56

Hello everybody. Yesterday I realized how fun and under appreciated Ortho Robot is, and I decided hey let's make some custom levels.
Not only is it Maurice's only really original game (let's choose not to count shoot hookers), but it's also a great game with great logic that I find has much potential.
Unlike Mari0, it doesn't really mix puzzle and action, so it's not as easy to get into (except if you count trying to reach time goals to have gold stars, but that's just rape-my-wrist action).
Maurice is going around saying Ortho Robot 2 is in the pipes, with a level editor and whatnot, but I decided the time has come for some custom levels right now.
check out this nice thread to see how levels are made, I'll be happy to give info if you have questions.
The game responds nicely to having levels added, so you just need to add levels from 17.png on. Actually the game responds so well to adding levels that it feels Maurice was expecting someone to do this.

So I'll be trying to make levels, I haven't yet made one whole fun to play level... Still it's fun to get into the logic of the puzzles.
Of course I'll be posting as I add levels.

Do you like this idea and would like to contribute? Please do! I'd be glad to hear comments, and more importantly if you have levels you'd like me to add I'd love to. All you need is the .png and .txt, which I would suggest .zipped, easy to extract into \maps\.

I'll be trying to keep up one .love file containing my slightly modded version of Ortho Robot with only the extra levels as they're added here. (see the kewl "Extra Ortho" title map?). If you just want to download single levels, the links are underneath, on the pictures.
I'll also keep one .zip up containing all the levels, easy to extract into \maps\.

---------------------------------------------------------- Downloads ----------------------------------------------------------
  • Extra Ortho.love - Modded version of Ortho Robot containing the extra levels. Just the extra levels. It should be fairly light (about 3.5 MB)
    Yeah, some buttons are slightly fucked up. The game still works fine.
  • Extra Ortho win.zip - archive containing an .exe. Extract this or don't this should work similarly to mari0's windows port. The .love used is the same as above.
    This also contains love.exe and dlls, so it should be about 5.2 MB.
  • Extra Ortho.zip - archive containing the extra levels. Just extract Ortho Robot.love, and extract this into Ortho Robot\maps\
---------------------------------------------------------- Levels ----------------------------------------------------------
  • ImageImage
    Well I made a test level to try this out.
  • ImageImage
    This level was made by Kyle Prior, and I am using it with his agreement.
  • ImageImage

Flutter Skye

Post » 19 Jul 2012, 11:19

awesome can't wait for the full version

rokit

Post » 21 Jul 2012, 12:50

You should also mod it.

trosh

Post » 21 Jul 2012, 16:43

rokit boy wrote:You should also mod it.
dude. not sure what you mean. The .love and .exe versions are modded.

Smashmor

Post » 24 Feb 2013, 15:40

I offer myself to translate the project, like what I am doing with original Ortho.

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 05 Mar 2013, 01:07

Smashmor wrote:I offer myself to translate the project, like what I am doing with original Ortho.
You have made 1 post so (correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm pretty sure you need to explain this. You're translating the original? To what?

qaisjp

Post » 10 Mar 2013, 00:42

I'm working on a newer and updated version of Ortho 'bot.
Check it out here.
I will be adding mappack support (and then later somehow an editor)
I hope you support my attempts to make Ortho Robot sexier and hotter.

Smashmor

Post » 16 May 2013, 16:29

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:
Smashmor wrote:I offer myself to translate the project, like what I am doing with original Ortho.
You have made 1 post so (correct me if I'm wrong) but I'm pretty sure you need to explain this. You're translating the original? To what?
Oh, I forgot that xD The translation I'm doing is a spanish one. But well, LÖVE engine is apparently unable to generate letters like this : á é í... And a spanish traduction without this type of letters, is very ugly. But well, is easy to translate the game.

Shank

Post » 16 May 2013, 16:43

Smashmor wrote:
Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:
Oh, I forgot that xD The translation I'm doing is a spanish one. But well, LÖVE engine is apparently unable to generate letters like this : á é í... And a spanish traduction without this type of letters, is very ugly. But well, is easy to translate the game.
Why the hell would you bump this inactive thread?