why does the cat look like a orc with projectile hands, and why is he investing in the"weird plant thing abuse"industry?

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Evan.F

Post » 22 Dec 2019, 23:09

Okay, as you might know I am a fan of the game Just Shapes & Beats, a sort of Bullet Hell game based around dodging pink things to Electronic music from around the early to mid 2010s. So this games villain, like every other character in the game, is unnamed, but there are about a dozen fan names for this character alone (still like every other character in the game) Here I am going to go through these, as well as explain "why does the cat look like an orc with projectile hands, and why is he investing in the "weird plant thing abuse" industry?" as the title puts it with grammatical errors so it can fit.

Boss/ The Boss
Boss is the first name I heard for the umm... thing, coming from the health bar used in "Til It's over", a victory level after the final boss. He is appently a cat (because all cats are pink rings with one singular eye in the center of the ring, never mind projectile limbs). I consider this the right one due to it's similarity to other suggested names for other characters, along with it's use on the fanon wiki, which is not usually a good sign. It's also used for the avatars on PS4, and discord emotes and is eternally refenced as Boss according to the fanon wiki. Also maybe the "Boss Badass" track has something to do with it

Pink Jerk
Saw this in a tumbler post while researching this. I will refer to it as a pink jerk from now on as I find it funny

Fresh
My favourite name for the pink jerk. Comes from the title of the first boss level (long live the new fresh - Danimal Cannon)

Blixer
there are no in game or fan based origins of this name. It seems to have shown up some day and stuck with people

Lachhh
Also a one random name thing.Name after the games designer, possibly due to an interpretation "I didn't make this" quote at the end of the paradise cutscene is the pink jerk venting his frustrations over the look of the map paradise. He didn't make this" character, or in fact any character in the game.

Dub/ Lucas the dubber
From "Pink Corruption" a fanfiction with it's own fanbase, possibly unaware of JS&B's existence. Here all the characters have human bodies, and the heads are the shape they represent. This is a design choice that is popular with JS&B fanart, and I have a deep routed hatred for this art style, and it only gets worst when the "plants" get involved

I hope the ridiculous amount of time I put into this topic page gets at least one chuckle from someone seeing the strange fanbase behind a game where a square (known as square, cyan, THE CUBE!!11!!!, etc) fights pink stuff by not touching set to dubstep or something (come to think of it, I just described Lycanthropy)

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 23 Dec 2019, 11:05

This thread and the format very much remind me of The Badage Boys Are Back In Town copypasta from Facepunch

Speaking of which, this thread is a bit barren without pictures, don't you think? The Badage Boys did it better:

Akbar

Akbar, a powerful vampire, was burnt when the Mother and Father, Akasha and Enkil, were put into the sun. He resides in Antioch, in search of the Mother and Father, and leaves his victims on the steps of the Temple.

Akbar threatens to kill Pandora unless Marius allows him to see and drink from the ancient couple. He drains Pandora to near death before Marius allows him to see the Mother and Father, and is later destroyed by Akasha when he attempts to drink from her.

Evan.F

Post » 23 Dec 2019, 11:49

Sašo wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 11:05
This thread and the format very much remind me of The Badage Boys Are Back In Town copypasta from Facepunch

Speaking of which, this thread is a bit barren without pictures, don't you think? The Badage Boys did it better:

Akbar

Akbar, a powerful vampire, was burnt when the Mother and Father, Akasha and Enkil, were put into the sun. He resides in Antioch, in search of the Mother and Father, and leaves his victims on the steps of the Temple.

Akbar threatens to kill Pandora unless Marius allows him to see and drink from the ancient couple. He drains Pandora to near death before Marius allows him to see the Mother and Father, and is later destroyed by Akasha when he attempts to drink from her.

What... this is me joking about the ridiculous fanbase you inevitably stumble into if you like this game, why did you insert a woman with a snail and text about Akbar the Vampire

by the way, here's your pictures
you've been warned.PNG
you've been warned.PNG (139.11 KiB) Viewed 3303 times