Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Unpopular Opinions

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Jorichi
Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 964
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

Post » 03 May 2015, 08:11

skye and the other people here who enjoy it are ok

I don't think this is an unpopular opinion.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4522
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 03 May 2015, 08:33

people who dont point out new pages are dumb

wii u broswer is pretty good (maybe not unpopular but i've never heard anyone say about it)

HowToEatGirafes
User avatar
Posts: 516
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 23:18

Post » 03 May 2015, 09:52

I think royal families is total crap

Doormat
User avatar
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2013, 02:33

Post » 03 May 2015, 15:26

TurretBot wrote:people who dont point out new pages are dumb

wii u broswer is pretty good (maybe not unpopular but i've never heard anyone say about it)


I might as well say that the Wii U onscreen keyboard is nicer to use than the iOS one, especially for entering things like BBCode or HTML. Apple should take a cue from Nintendo on that end. I like tabs better than having to press a button twice.

constachugga
User avatar
Posts: 197
Joined: 30 May 2012, 04:49

Post » 03 May 2015, 20:54

Doormat wrote:
TurretBot wrote:people who dont point out new pages are dumb

wii u broswer is pretty good (maybe not unpopular but i've never heard anyone say about it)


I might as well say that the Wii U onscreen keyboard is nicer to use than the iOS one, especially for entering things like BBCode or HTML. Apple should take a cue from Nintendo on that end. I like tabs better than having to press a button twice.


That, and someone really needs to get on making a really good, accurate and pleasant to hold stylus for apple stuff (Or really anything with a capacitive touch screen).

Unless someone already has and I'm not looking hard enough... How much you wanna bet Crapple will make one and sell it for 50 dollars even though it only costs 5 to make...

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 06 May 2015, 02:43

  • Call me chauvinist, but the clothing of today doesn't really bother me, and I kinda like it too, unless: too much sideboob, or I can see your fricken buttcheeks. And for men, I think sagging is the most idiotic thing there is (it was literally created in prison to say you're up for buttsex).
  • I like playing games with my thumb tip and joint (i.e. the y and b buttons on the DS systems).
  • I hate almost all of the Sonic/Sonic related fandom.
  • MLP is okay, but I've grown tired of it.
  • I actually really prefer furries to people.
  • I hate both Gamecube and Wii Classic controllers. I actually like the newer ones with PlayStation and XBox.
  • I still find Minecraft fun and enjoyable, even if it lacks the magic it used to have, it has many elements I have yet to fully explore.
  • I think being a girl would be awesome, even if periods exist.
  • Most fandoms just blow. I prefer to just enjoy and create based upon things, not straight up copy stuff about it or talk about it 24/7.
  • Fedoras are fedoras, not status or style symbols.
  • Most memes are either shit or misused to the point of being shit.
  • Wearing shorts in the rain feels amazing.
  • ROMs should be allowed by companies such as Nintendo or Playstation, rather than being endorsed by being dissed by said companies (or at least that's how I see it. People want to be rebellious.).
  • Homework should be more focused on helping with rememberance, not on being challenging.
  • (Most) Linux and Windows (Excluding 8 and Vista so far) Operating Systems are better than any OSX due to their greater flexibility.
  • Android is better, even in terms of interface when you customize it.
  • Graphics make 50℅ of the game. Not 90 or 10.
  • Everyone who sees blue and black is bullshitting unless they're a photographer, and even then, it's an optical illusion. Everyone sees it unless they're color blind. You're not special. So shut up.
  • Several SYS members have gotten pissy recently from what I've seen.
That's about all I can say ;P

Also: When I say fandoms or the like, I mean flambuoyant and obsessive/extreme people. Not a "hey, every once in a while I'll make something from this thing I like."

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4522
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 06 May 2015, 03:13

Jorichi wrote:
Defiant Shout wrote:I like playing games with my thumb tip and joint (i.e. the y and b buttons on the DS systems).

I don't think this is an unpopular opinion.

MF064DD
Posts: 708
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08

Post » 06 May 2015, 04:04

TurretBot wrote:
Jorichi wrote:
Defiant Shout wrote:I like playing games with my thumb tip and joint (i.e. the y and b buttons on the DS systems).

I don't think this is an unpopular opinion.


It totally is. I prefer the X and A buttons when playing NSMB,, NSMB2, and virtual console games on my 3DS. But that's just me.

admin
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: 05 May 2015, 01:30

Post » 06 May 2015, 04:07

-FNAF feels like Slender, but you're tied to a chair and the bad guys aren't scary... feels like the developers/target demo is afraid of clowns
-I'm a conservative (in american politics at least, I'd probably be a socialist anywhere else)
-I perfer to watch dubs when I can
-"Core" could be worse

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 06 May 2015, 04:13

admin wrote:-I'm a conservative (in american politics at least, I'd probably be a socialist anywhere else)

So, you think that socialism would work better in other countries but not in America? I'm not very politically inclined but I'm sure people are curious why you say that, regardless of what they believe themselves.

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 06 May 2015, 04:14

According to Cake, it's wierd, unnatural, stupid, and whatever insults he's thrown at it. No one says he's ignorant about it but me though, so I dunno. Default A B seems more popular apparently.
And most people don't delve into any of the perceptions of games from what I've seen, just taking it at face value makes a game more boring than exploring it and putting your own ideas into it, or taking them from it. (Just a response to the general idea that it's solely chuckecheese jumpscares, when it isn't JUST that.)
Here's a thing:
  • I like generalizations. As long as I can prove them wrong and/or I don't see them 9/10 times the subject is mentioned.

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 06 May 2015, 04:25

Defiant Shout wrote:Everyone who sees blue and black is bullshitting unless they're a photographer, and even then, it's an optical illusion. Everyone sees it unless they're color blind. You're not special. So shut up.

Are you sure you didn't mean to say "everyone who sees white and gold"
I don't remember what I saw but I remember being aware that the dress is literally confirmed to be blue and black
Defiant Shout wrote:I actually really prefer furries to people.

Aren't furries just people with certain interests?
Defiant Shout, at least 4 times, wrote:fandom

Do you have any comments on my criticism of people who use this term non-neutrally? It's clear you disagree so I'm wondering what you have to say on that.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 06 May 2015, 05:12

Can I knock defiant shout on the head because his opinions are wrong
the universe was made for me and I declare him banned from the internet

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 06 May 2015, 05:57

Such length...
Here's my take on fandoms since I was a bit wordy and stuffs (I think): I hate flambuoyance of fandoms.  It makes for generally irritating conversations, and little variation in topics.  And often with styles of art, they tend to not improve much at all, they sit there because it's similar to their fandom's way of doing things.  This is not always true, but to a point, often occurs, and makes people boring or obnoxious for myself personally to communicate with.
When I say furries, I mean animated/drawn fake people just because anything else reminds me of how futile my love life will ever be.  (Only partially joking, I'd rather hug something fake than just out of reach)
In regards to the dress, I did mean blue and black. Since that's the actual color. Explanation: Internet is displayed on a computer screen with rgb crystals/bulbs that show a pixel of a color.  If the lense captured these colors and they are being displayed this way, you literally cannot see the real colors.  Because you are looking at a screen.  Period.

MagicPillow
User avatar
Posts: 1112
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59

Post » 06 May 2015, 06:26

Defiant Shout wrote:Internet is displayed on a computer screen with rgb crystals/bulbs that show a pixel of a color.  If the lense captured these colors and they are being displayed this way, you literally cannot see the real colors.  Because you are looking at a screen.  Period.

RGB
Red
Green
Blue
Absence of colors is black
Blue
Black
Disproof

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 06 May 2015, 06:31

Nice job
Now disprove string theory

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 06 May 2015, 08:50

I no like explaining logistics. We should probably stop now though. This is off topic and out of hand at this point. :[

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4522
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 06 May 2015, 09:09

Jorichi wrote:
Defiant Shout wrote:We should probably stop now though. This is off topic and out of hand at this point. :[

I don't think this is an unpopular opinion.

Unpopular opinion: I apologize for making this post

HowToEatGirafes
User avatar
Posts: 516
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 23:18

Post » 06 May 2015, 14:06

Defiant Shout wrote:[list][*]Homework should be more focused on helping with rememberance, not on being challenging

What ? Isn't exams that are challenging ?

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 675
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04

Post » 06 May 2015, 14:40

* I hate Sonic. and fans.
* I hate Metroid. and fans.
* I hate Crash Bandicoot. and fans.
* I love LoZ. and fans.

Doormat
User avatar
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2013, 02:33

Post » 06 May 2015, 14:52

By fans, do you mean anyone that enjoys it at all, or people who are really really obsessed with it? It's hard to tell when you just say "fans".

Jorichi
Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 964
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

Post » 06 May 2015, 15:00

Image
It breaks my heart to see them like this.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 06 May 2015, 15:27

PrincessKiller wrote:* I love LoZ. and fans.

That's not even an unpopular opinion.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 06 May 2015, 15:38

To be honest, this thread was a pretty stupid idea to begin with.
This has pretty much been a hate thread since it was made, and the other part of the posts in here have been "things you wouldn't know about me otherwise".

Doormat
User avatar
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2013, 02:33

Post » 06 May 2015, 15:39


WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1232
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35

Post » 06 May 2015, 17:27

imaginary cake wrote:To be honest, this thread was a pretty stupid idea to begin with.
This has pretty much been a hate thread since it was made, and the other part of the posts in here have been "things you wouldn't know about me otherwise".

Agreed, but I think that's because of improper use.

Hatred isn't unpopular; in fact it's just the opposite - almost everyone in this thread has hated on some group of individuals or another. This isn't the complaining thread, guys.

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 06 May 2015, 17:31

Hating isn't the equivalent of complaining. I (at least in my opinion) backed up my points with legitimate reasoning. But the continued not-following-the-point-of-the-topic that's going on that I said needed to stop... IS STILL GOING. So if you seriously have a problem with something, take it up with a damned PM.

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1232
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35

Post » 06 May 2015, 18:30

Personally, I think the discussion of others' opinions is perfectly on-topic.

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 675
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04

Post » 06 May 2015, 20:03

renhoek wrote:That's not even an unpopular opinion.

It is in my unpopular opinion.

mindnomad
User avatar
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 06 May 2015, 21:12

This thread was asking to be made into a hate thread.
Post opinions, get even worse responses.
Probably should've set some rules for this beforehand. otherwise this thread wouldn't be so terrible.

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 675
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04

Post » 06 May 2015, 21:20

mindnomad wrote:This thread was asking to be made into a hate thread.
Post opinions, get even worse responses.
Probably should've set some rules for this beforehand. otherwise this thread wouldn't be so terrible.

I love how all of your posts perfectly match your avatar.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4522
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 06 May 2015, 22:22

i was starting to think wary solely made this thread for the sole purpose of starting arguments with out being directly invloved
he is wary after all

and here i am


not posting an unpopular opinion and not been proven right yet

Cyren
User avatar
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Mar 2015, 00:05

Post » 06 May 2015, 22:48

Personally, I think B-man made some great music.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 06 May 2015, 23:20

Mari0 SE is not finished and will likely never officially be "finished".

And overall all things considered, that's probably the best way to wrap Mari0 as a project up.

How's that for unpopular opinion
Disclaimer: Just the webdev guy, things may change whenever for whatever reason but meh, other things will come.

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 941
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36

Post » 06 May 2015, 23:25

the grass is green

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2112
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 07 May 2015, 02:19

I think kids and teenagers are pretty much all spoiled, annoying and careless. And when I mean "pretty much all" I don't mean 90% of them, I mean nearly every single one of them.
Despite this forum being made of pretty much only kids and teens, I guess *someone* would agree with me...

admin
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: 05 May 2015, 01:30

Post » 07 May 2015, 02:26

@Hugo - I totally agree with you, even being a kid/teen...today I saw a 4th grader playing clash of clans on his iPhone 6+ (though I'm sure he needed it for work too)

admin
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: 05 May 2015, 01:30

Post » 07 May 2015, 02:31

B-Man99 wrote:
admin wrote:-I'm a conservative (in american politics at least, I'd probably be a socialist anywhere else)

So, you think that socialism would work better in other countries but not in America? I'm not very politically inclined but I'm sure people are curious why you say that, regardless of what they believe themselves.

I feel that America is really good at small government, and that these "liberal" things we're starting like "universal healthcare" are really misguided and not really what they're "supposed to be". Other, socialist countries like Sweden seem to get by really well, and I respect that system a lot. I just feel that as a country we are stuck in our extremely corporation-oriented ways, and that these advances shouldn't really belong.

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 07 May 2015, 02:42

Several people wrote:hate thread

...
"A thread designed to bring out different ways of thinking, that are in the minority, that I probably won't agree with? It has to end up being a hate thread."
...
That doesn't speak much to the thread itself. It speaks to you. Anyone who's saying this and is just brushing off opinions as "dumb" and "stupid." It's a hate thread because you're making it that instead of discussing things.

I've already discussed several interesting things and learned a bit from this thread. Seems my unpopular opinion of the day would be that quite a few people in this community aren't open to discussing and "stepping out of their box" so to say. Which sounds really close to the opposite of why many of us (including me) are here in the first place.

I'm not being negative here, it's only natural that the many people who are interested in taking in other peoples' perspectives are a lot more present as pro-discussion than those that are anti-discussion. That makes sense.
Last edited by B-Man99 on 07 May 2015, 03:16, edited 1 time in total.

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 07 May 2015, 03:00

HugoBDesigner wrote:I love arguing with ignorant/stupid people, helps me raise my ego.

I usually prefer debating with people who are reasonable, because then I can gain something meaningful from what their side is
rokit wrote:OPINION
being gay is unnatural because, if it was natural people of the same sex would be able to have offspring
i don't have anything against gays unless theyre flamboyant af for attention

I just wanted to point out that this sounds a lot more tolerant and well said than what I recall you saying a while back about "gay people being a problem" as in people are a problem...
While I strongly disagree with the notion that gender impacts morality or just about anything, I can completely understand why you might have moral constrictions to something that is unnatural from your eyes. I just strongly hope that you don't judge people simply for having a different and quite irrelevant to you general belief on something.
That being said, I find all sex gross and weird and dumb, so you would think I could piss off everybody! I disagree with the notions of people on both sides that someone's sexuality can define them in any concrete way. And yes, I see a lot of that from both sides.

I'm very anti-classifications as a whole, to be honest.
Defiant Shout wrote:Fedoras are fedoras, not status or style symbols.

Agree.
I just think they look cool. Not too many occasions where I can wear one but I like the look.

That being said, I'll still laugh at jokes that poke fun at a stereotype. As long as they're jokes and don't actually attempt hostility towards what is stereotyped.

Cyren wrote:Personally, I think B-man made some great music.

That opinion is almost as unpopular as
-wait for it-
Bryan's Album

HansAgain
User avatar
Posts: 1098
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51

Post » 07 May 2015, 03:11

- I hate when people negatively generalizes a group without even considering that there's ALWAYS at least one asshole on every "group" and they think that because of them all the group is like that.
-"Hey i don't like this, so why would anyone like it?" Yeah i personally hate this too.
- Also i liked the second Avengers movie and i don't see why a lot of people hated it.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4522
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 07 May 2015, 04:16

Sašo wrote:Mari0 SE is not finished and will likely never officially be "finished".

And overall all things considered, that's probably the best way to wrap Mari0 as a project up.

I don't think you know what "wrap up" means, because leaving something unfinished is probably the worst way to "wrap up" anything

Unless it's to create a bookends, then it's okay

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 07 May 2015, 10:34

admin wrote:
B-Man99 wrote:
admin wrote:-I'm a conservative (in american politics at least, I'd probably be a socialist anywhere else)

So, you think that socialism would work better in other countries but not in America? I'm not very politically inclined but I'm sure people are curious why you say that, regardless of what they believe themselves.

I feel that America is really good at small government, and that these "liberal" things we're starting like "universal healthcare" are really misguided and not really what they're "supposed to be". Other, socialist countries like Sweden seem to get by really well, and I respect that system a lot. I just feel that as a country we are stuck in our extremely corporation-oriented ways, and that these advances shouldn't really belong.


That sounds all fine and dandy until you hear about people refusing treatable early cancer treatment because it would put their family into debt.
99% of the issues with the old American healthcare are "Don't get sick/hurt or you'll be in debt forever" and "Pre-existing conditions aren't covered by your expensive insurance".
Same with student debts which (and I'm probably wrong) you can't get rid of even by declaring bankrupcy.

TurretBot wrote:
Sašo wrote:Mari0 SE is not finished and will likely never officially be "finished".

And overall all things considered, that's probably the best way to wrap Mari0 as a project up.

I don't think you know what "wrap up" means, because leaving something unfinished is probably the worst way to "wrap up" anything

Unless it's to create a bookends, then it's okay


Mari0 1.6 is more or less stable, and SE releases are basically just public alphas. Still a better ending than Silent Hill.

admin
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: 05 May 2015, 01:30

Post » 08 May 2015, 02:00

Sašo wrote: That sounds all fine and dandy until you hear about people refusing treatable early cancer treatment because it would put their family into debt.
99% of the issues with the old American healthcare are "Don't get sick/hurt or you'll be in debt forever" and "Pre-existing conditions aren't covered by your expensive insurance".
Same with student debts which (and I'm probably wrong) you can't get rid of even by declaring bankrupcy.


Yeah and I get that. I guess the point I was trying to make was that America should be the place to live if you like small government, etc. I know it's less than reasonable to say "everyone that doesn't like it here: Get out" but that seems like the most convenient answer as far as I can understand (I hope to leave someday -- temporarily or permanently).

MF064DD
Posts: 708
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08

Post » 08 May 2015, 05:31

Here is something more serious:

1. Porn is ok to be addicted to, but defently not to the point when you see a girl on Disney and want to fuck it.

2. Equal rights is something I am ok with. I believe that Gay Marige should be legal in all countries, because love is love. But on another side of the coin... (6.)

3. I'm a Christian who doesn't follow most of what the Bible tells me what to do, because in my opinion, The Bible is kind of a judgmental little book to be honest.

4. Furrys and otherkins should be see medical help, and people should stop letting them think that they're another species/non-exestining species. Because lets be honest, these people saying that they are not humans sound crazy. Even looking through an Atheists point of view and a Creationists point of view, they still look a bit touched it the head.

5. Companies saying going out of their way to say "We believe that all human's are equal" is the stupidest fucking thing I've heard since "YOLOSWAG420BLAZIT". (Ok maybe not that much).
Thanks for not being a sexist, homophobic company? Eh.

6. FemiNAZIS (Women that try to be the more dominate gender, when fact is, there is none. We. Are. All. E Q U E A L.) can be very...loud? I guess. You assholes are the extreme, evil version feminists. Would girls/women have the rights they do now? No. COULD YOU PEOPLE BE LESS OF A FUCKING ASSHOLE?! FUCK YES! Your guys make Feminists look like bad people, when in actuality, they support a really great cause. I support the equal rights between both genders, transgenders, and people who are not heterosexual, or should I say, I SUPPORT PEOPLE. But could you fucking feminazis be a bit nicer and less pushy? Become what a feminist actually FUCKING IS?! Maybe people think you are annoying because YOU FUCKING ARE. YES, women should have the same amount of rights as us males. I support that act. But come on feminazis, tell us something we don't know already. Banning tiny outfits in gaming, the Internet, and A FUCKING PERSONS SHIRT is BULL SHIT. FUCKING HBJUFBEHJWBHIWEBRFHIJQ HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

And you anti-feminists, you guys need to chill a bit, too. Your hatred solves nothing, so I guess we may call you "Meninazis".

FUCK IT I'M DONE

Sorry if I seem like a bit of an asshole right now...asshole.

WiloKing wrote:if hatred solves nothing you might want to modify your post a little slight bit

Well, this is the post that burns number 6 down...
Last edited by MF064DD on 08 May 2015, 05:42, edited 3 times in total.

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 941
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36

Post » 08 May 2015, 05:39

if hatred solves nothing you might want to modify your post a little slight bit

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 08 May 2015, 06:37

I have a nsfw opinion for the internet that I found. I think it's unpopular anyways...
Image
Honestly, if you're gonna judge someone on what they get off to, you're the real wierdo.

Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 643
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21

Post » 08 May 2015, 12:09

Mariofan, I believe the term you are looking for when refering to 'feminazis' is misandrysts

HowToEatGirafes
User avatar
Posts: 516
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 23:18

Post » 08 May 2015, 12:52

Defiant Shout wrote:I have a nsfw opinion for the internet that I found. I think it's unpopular anyways...
Image
Honestly, if you're gonna judge someone on what they get off to, you're the real wierdo.

Wtf shout

OrbitalBlueprint
User avatar
Posts: 525
Joined: 08 Sep 2013, 20:11

Post » 08 May 2015, 17:20

WiloKing wrote:for starters I use aple products.


It's weird how much Apple is bashed on the internet. It's like Android fanboys care more about the phones of other people than their own. Then again, the some of the Apple fanboys aren't that different...


Return to “Twatter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Make it, Never over, Stronger and 0 guests