Unpopular Opinions

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 652
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21
Reputation: 266
Contact:

Post » 16 May 2015, 09:51

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:
LightningFire wrote:I think feminism for the most part is stupid.....Once, I saw a girl repeatedly hitting a kid, while the kid kept pushing her away from him. Guess who got in trouble.

Is it the girl? for hitting him? Because if not we need some sort of person fighting for gender equality because girls can punch hard too.
Assuming that they can't and they're weak because of their gender is sexism.
You know. The opposite of what all good feminists fight for.

Just to make sure since while Mr.Q.Marx obviously knows the definition of feminism, for those who dont;
Feminism is the movement that supports equality for ALL genders, not just females. Men being discriminated for being feminine, sexualisation of men, and mysandry (what many people mistakenly call feminism) are all things the feminist movement is also fighting against.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32
Reputation: 414
Contact:

Post » 16 May 2015, 16:38

I have seen a large sense of confusion regarding the definition of feminism, including in those who call themselves feminists as well. Many people claim it concerns gender equality, but when someone says they are not a feminist the common response is "So you hate women?" Wouldn't they be hating all people if this were true? No. It's neither actually. It's about a social issue, a movement, and whether someone wants to be a part of that.
Personally I am not a feminist, mainly because I prefer using my time and giving myself for more "localized" (not literally) personal issues as opposed to "social" issues.
That being said, I very much respect people who call themselves feminists, and care and try to be a part of things that are greater.
Regardless of whether I agree with things that people stand for, I can attempt to relate to their opinions for the most part.
The only thing that I cannot and will not respect, is when people antagonize and downright hate other human beings. When people refuse to have discussions, and break things into 1 vs. 2, and legitimately regard large groups of people as trash.
Do you think there is systematic sexism in society? Cool! Do you think there isn't? Also cool! But how about not calling out anyone who thinks differently and how about listening and considering other people instead of saying they are stupid. A lot of people seem to think of all feminists as awful people who hate men because of stuff a few men do, but if you're hating all feminists because of stuff a few feminists do, is that really much better?
When it comes down to it a lot of those who are involved in these movements judge people by the tumblr posts they reblog and the hashtags they use and the movements they spend so much time trying to be a part of, but that stuff doesn't ring to me as proud or angry or opinionated or open minded. It makes me sad, because sometimes people spend so much time inside of it all that they lose everything else.

I've seen a lot of judgement in this whole conversation. I would kindly ask that if anyone is going to judge me, please judge me on the basis of the music I live for, the times I have made people laugh, and the absolutely amazing human beings that I am so glad and proud to call my friends.

LightningFire
User avatar
Posts: 1907
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24
Reputation: 133
Contact:

Post » 16 May 2015, 18:03

Assasin-Kiashi wrote:
Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:
LightningFire wrote:I think feminism for the most part is stupid.....Once, I saw a girl repeatedly hitting a kid, while the kid kept pushing her away from him. Guess who got in trouble.

Is it the girl? for hitting him? Because if not we need some sort of person fighting for gender equality because girls can punch hard too.
Assuming that they can't and they're weak because of their gender is sexism.
You know. The opposite of what all good feminists fight for.

Just to make sure since while Mr.Q.Marx obviously knows the definition of feminism, for those who dont;
Feminism is the movement that supports equality for ALL genders, not just females. Men being discriminated for being feminine, sexualisation of men, and mysandry (what many people mistakenly call feminism) are all things the feminist movement is also fighting against.

Actually let me rephrase what I said.

I think feminists that use that term to exclusively equalize women and not men, just because they think men believe they are the superior sex and because of it discriminate women and not their own gender are stupid.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4633
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 17 May 2015, 00:42

LightningFire wrote:
Assasin-Kiashi wrote:
Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:
Just to make sure since while Mr.Q.Marx obviously knows the definition of feminism, for those who dont;
Feminism is the movement that supports equality for ALL genders, not just females. Men being discriminated for being feminine, sexualisation of men, and mysandry (what many people mistakenly call feminism) are all things the feminist movement is also fighting against.

Then why the hell is it call Feminism?

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 802
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 210
Contact:

Post » 17 May 2015, 00:45

Why the hell are you called TurretBot?

FuriousHedgehog
User avatar
Posts: 778
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14
Reputation: 293
Contact:

Post » 17 May 2015, 00:46

First Turret Opera, why Turret??

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4633
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 17 May 2015, 00:50

Squidish wrote:Why the hell are you called TurretBot?

Twatter Story.

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 802
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 210
Contact:

Post » 17 May 2015, 00:52

Fair enough

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 968
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36
Reputation: 258

Post » 17 May 2015, 00:53

why the hell are you called squidish

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 17 May 2015, 00:54

Could you not?

Anyhow, I believe the idea of feminism is outdated, and has no correct basis for their arguments, or even a legitimate "solution" for their so called " problem" of gender inequality. They're the ones bringing the notion of inequality on themselves. Let alone the fact that being attractive for a male did not start with males, but with females competing to look better for one specific male.

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 968
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36
Reputation: 258

Post » 17 May 2015, 00:55

i either respect people even if i am not what they are in any way, or hate all people regardless of anything.

i have done "not" as you wanted, mister bossy boots.
now i want my answers.

Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 652
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21
Reputation: 266
Contact:

Post » 17 May 2015, 04:26

TurretBot wrote:
Assasin-Kiashi wrote:Just to make sure since while Mr.Q.Marx obviously knows the definition of feminism, for those who dont;
Feminism is the movement that supports equality for ALL genders, not just females. Men being discriminated for being feminine, sexualisation of men, and mysandry (what many people mistakenly call feminism) are all things the feminist movement is also fighting against.

Then why the hell is it call Feminism?

it's based more on the word 'feminine' than 'female'. It's a movement that says it's okay to be feminine. You can literally google the difinition of the word and it will say it's about the equality of all genders.

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 734
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 283
Contact:

Post » 17 May 2015, 04:40

Oh my God why did I even say the word "Feminist". I just made this thread a political argument all together.

RottedPaint
User avatar
Posts: 61
Joined: 20 Nov 2014, 03:10
Reputation: 245
Contact:

Post » 18 May 2015, 00:27

What has this thread become

constachugga
User avatar
Posts: 233
Joined: 30 May 2012, 04:49
Reputation: 396
Contact:

Post » 18 May 2015, 01:33

RottedPaint wrote:What has this thread become?


Image

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 734
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 283
Contact:

Post » 18 May 2015, 02:01

RottedPaint wrote:What has this thread become


Think of it as a soft-core 8chan.
Last edited by MF064DD on 02 Jun 2015, 10:01, edited 2 times in total.

Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 652
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21
Reputation: 266
Contact:

Post » 20 May 2015, 10:43

I'm sorry ; u ;

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32
Reputation: 414
Contact:

Post » 26 May 2015, 01:56

I'm not.

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 802
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 210
Contact:

Post » 01 Jun 2015, 03:37

Well, i've never been good with usernames. I'd change it again, but I don't think I can. Plus it'll just be as dumb as the first

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4633
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 01 Jun 2015, 06:11

Name yourself

SquidcesKiller

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 802
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 210
Contact:

Post » 01 Jun 2015, 15:18

TurretBot wrote:Name yourself

SquidcesKiller

10/10
Reminds me of my glorious past here at Stabyourself

Seriously though
That's even dumber than what I was thinking of

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 968
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36
Reputation: 258

Post » 01 Jun 2015, 17:30

I hear "Wilo's Maid" is a good name

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 802
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 210
Contact:

Post » 01 Jun 2015, 19:01

WiloKing wrote:I hear "Wilo's Maid" is a good name

I hear someone has that name in Shaddapville

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 01 Jun 2015, 19:36

I think it's time to close this thread, what do you think mods/admins?

rokit
User avatar
Posts: 2108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47
Reputation: 98

Post » 01 Jun 2015, 22:25

mite as well post some opinions rite?
rite
uh, ye
no such thing as deciding ur gender. if you have a dick ur a boy fucking hell all this commotion about the royal baby and shit fucksake. you are born with a gender you do not chose a gender

also wary you called out turret on being mentally challanged but you admitted to playing roblox and pretended to be shot for attention. ur not really one to speak

also hello

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 02 Jun 2015, 02:57

My opinion is sorta eh on the whole gender changing thing. We have the tech to do it, but most morals (pretty much all religious) go directly against that, as a "supreme deity" in one religion or another has placed you here as that gender for a reason. However, I think you should be free to do what you want. If you really think you'd fit better into society as a male/female, and want to do either of those two things, more power to you. Don't force it on others, and don't have sex with me. My idea would be more leaning towards cross dressing, as it takes no money, and doesn't replace anything. As all corny movies say: Be yourself. IF you feel the need need to go to the extreme, remember there's no going back and not everyone will support you. And one of my favorite quotes from a movie, "We are who we chose to be..." -Hogarth Hughes

I leave you now to your discussions.

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1214
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35
Reputation: 264
Contact:

Post » 02 Jun 2015, 07:33

Sex is your body and gender is your mind, according to my psych class. You aren't "assigned a gender at birth," as I've seen it claimed.

I don't get gender. The only reason I'm a guy is because of my body, none of this other stuff. I think anyone can act however boyish or girly or whatever that they want; in fact, it's silly to stereotype it by sex. There aren't THAT many things that vary.

Today's gender is Luigi planking.

Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 652
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21
Reputation: 266
Contact:

Post » 02 Jun 2015, 08:16

Think about this; you have the exact same brain you have right now, but it's in the body of the opposite sex. It'd feel fucked up right? You'd probably feel like it's the wrong body, like you're living a lie.
Considering how every person's brain is wired differently, is the possibility that a brain can happen to be wired to be a gender that doesn't match with their sex that unbelievable?

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1214
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35
Reputation: 264
Contact:

Post » 02 Jun 2015, 09:19

As much as I try to imagine it, I don't feel like it'd be any different...? Maybe it's just me. I don't feel specifically tuned either way.

Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 652
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21
Reputation: 266
Contact:

Post » 02 Jun 2015, 10:00

It's complicated, no doubt about it. Gender, while not the same as sex is linked to it and can influence it. If you feel that your personality and interests are rather androgynous, it's fair to feel that either body and gender identity is fine for you; but if you have a distinct identity that's more on one side of the gender spectrum, but it doesn't match your sex, it feels very uncomfortable and depressing for someone who is put under those conditions.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4633
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 02 Jun 2015, 23:45

TL;DR Having gender tropes for the opposite gender is wrong because of the natural brainwashing that happens internally as a consequence of opinion-expressing.

In my opinion, we should stop allowing opinions. ...oh right

HansAgain
User avatar
Posts: 1133
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51
Reputation: 265
Contact:

Post » 05 Jun 2015, 03:30

Well, what Def said, what Will said, what Kiashi said, and a bit of what turret said.
You can't force anyone to be something he doesn't like to be, and if you try to defend yourself saying "but my religion said it's wrong", well don't insist, let them alone, becuase if they're "going to a hell for sinning" don't make their "suffering" longer. Also i don't think you're going to hell for respecting someone's choice that is not objetively hurting anybody.

BUT remember to not go too far with it, you chose to be a gender so respect the people who don't want to be in a relationship with you because of that, don't blame them or yourself, it's just life. (to put it simple)

Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 652
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21
Reputation: 266
Contact:

Post » 07 Jun 2015, 07:41

pretty much what hans said minus the 'choosing your gender' part. You can't choose a gender, it's anchored to your brain. still agree 100% however that If someone's sexuality isn't applicable with your gender, respect that and move on.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 07 Jun 2015, 09:57

and this is the part where someone names fun of it all

Image

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4633
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 07 Jun 2015, 21:12

imaginary cake wrote:and this is the part where someone names fun of it all

i hate it when people name fun of things

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 968
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36
Reputation: 258

Post » 08 Jun 2015, 21:36

WiloKing wrote:I hear "Wilo's Maid" is a good name

bubba_nate
User avatar
Posts: 817
Joined: 02 Sep 2012, 23:22
Reputation: 30
Contact:

Post » 14 Jun 2015, 23:46

Mariofan064 wrote:• I think that Abiimbos are a gimmick to sell more New 3DS's and Wii U's to more children.

Pretty much any game that requires a MASSIVE purchase (~$100 for skylanders portal at one point), THEN a lot more purchasing (weren't they like $5-10 usually?) to get all of the content is stupid.

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 15 Jun 2015, 07:59

Meh, and you only buy amiibo figures (40 bucks-ish), NFC is already on the WiiU gamepad and now on the New 3DSes.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 15 Jun 2015, 23:18

Amiibo aren't a selling point for the Wii U and 3DS.
They're not even required to any sort of degree; there's no game that needs them to function.
Except this one mode in MP10, but that's debatable.
Seriously though, they're not comparable to Skylanders at all.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4633
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 16 Jun 2015, 00:09

imaginary cake wrote:they're not comparable to Skylanders at all.

except they are
amiibo and skylanders are similar in function, even if they're used for entirely different things
and they weren't even comparing them from what i can tell

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 16 Jun 2015, 02:36

Skylanders are meant to BE the content in their games.
Amiibos are meant to ADD content to their games.

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 16 Jun 2015, 06:59

They're figures that insert themselves into games to preform a character function through nfc, just different games, same exact concept. They are comparable on a hardware basis. Regardless of software.

HowToEatGirafes
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 23:18
Reputation: 95
Contact:

Post » 16 Jun 2015, 10:09

What i don't get is the fact that you should pay AFTER having your game wat if amiibo = EA dlc ? Like , 300 $ the console , 40 $ the game and an extra 40 for the second controller . Now you can buy plastic statues to enjoy your monys

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 16 Jun 2015, 16:38

Okay, YES, you scan in plastic figures into a game. They are comparable on that scale.
However, there is no reason to despise amiibo- they are completely optional in-game, in all of the games of Nintendo's that support them.
Skylanders REQUIRES that you have a certain figure in order to progress in a certain path. This forces kids to beg Skylanders figures off of their parents the next time they're at the store.
Nintendo actually implemented NFC right by not forcing this dispicable money-grabbing business plan on their customers.

Vakema123
User avatar
Posts: 423
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 21:24
Reputation: 124

Post » 19 Jun 2015, 04:34

Why are you arguing over this, it's literally something someone said in the unpopular opinion thread, just accept it and move on.

Also,
Image

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 22 Nov 2015, 02:16

You're a bit late to the punchline, but I disagree. The last 2-3 hours of Sunday are often pretty precious.

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 734
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 283
Contact:

Post » 22 Nov 2015, 03:21

Defiant Shout wrote:You're a bit late to the punchline, but I disagree. The last 2-3 hours of Sunday are often pretty precious.


?

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 23 Nov 2015, 01:52

Responding to Cake. And how my window of Procrastination is the day before, not the day of.

I also can't read dates, and somehow read cake's post with the date of Vakema's post, and didn't even see Vakema's post.

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 734
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 283
Contact:

Post » 27 Nov 2015, 07:26

Adding fuel to the topic..

IMO I think It's ok to breastfeed in public, and to not cover your breasts while doing so either. Why should you care?

EDIT: Cleaned up this reply a bit. Was half asleep.
Last edited by MF064DD on 27 Nov 2015, 19:32, edited 2 times in total.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4633
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 27 Nov 2015, 09:43

I was really confused when I read that.

Uh, feeding people in public is okay. Breastfeeding in public, on the other hand, I have never heard was something peopled care about so I won't say anything about that.


Return to “Twatter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron