Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Unpopular Opinions

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2121
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 673
Contact:

Post » 17 Feb 2016, 03:41

I think coloring is easier than drawing, and that applies to both hand-drawings and computer drawings. Because the way I do this is I try as hard as I can to get a good start on a drawing. Once that's there, I usually have a rough idea of the colors of the character/setting/etc, so it's just a matter of "filling the gaps" coloring.

Of course, that only applies to me since I don't apply too many effects on my drawings, and I color things with very "flat" colors, so there's that.

EDIT: New page... uh... yay?

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 806
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 214
Contact:

Post » 17 Feb 2016, 03:50

renhoek wrote:Please never play the full game.

Okeh

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1312
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 377
Contact:

Post » 17 Feb 2016, 04:43

I think drawing is harder than drawing.


And by that I mean I think drawing is hard.

jumpinglizard
User avatar
Posts: 335
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 22:02
Reputation: 133

Post » 17 Feb 2016, 04:57

I can draw a little bit other then stickfigures, and i mostly draw on the computer and i just use the paintbucket to fill in the colors, but when it doesn't cover a few pixels i just draw over them.

rokit
User avatar
Posts: 2108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47
Reputation: 98

Post » 19 Feb 2016, 01:29

more super edgy rokit opinions.

if you're reading this rn and you're fat. theres a 95% chance it's your fault. i don't mean if you're a bit chubby but if you're an honest to jesus whale then ye it's your fault. i know there are some genetic disorders but thats liike a 0.0001% chance. if you're obese af you're literally killing yourself

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2016, 02:49

I have the opposite. I have a hyperactive metabolism. I'm in need of food all the time, and when I have low blood sugar I get edgy or weak as shit, not to mention I suck at building any muscle (or weight in general). Apparently it's genetic and wears off later on, but for now I cost a lot of money food-wise. I hope I can pay for myself in college, lmao.

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 806
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 214
Contact:

Post » 27 Feb 2016, 06:01

Okay,

Open up your ears cause this is important. Okay? Okay.
Here's a shocker:
I always find a way to hate whatever game is popular. I become incredibly annoying about it and rant and piss on it. For example, I disliked fnaf because it wasn't even that fun, great or scary anyways and in my OPINION a waste of 5 bucks. Of course, that one's slightly more easy to look down upon because a large amount of people already do. Butt UNDERTALE is another story.

I'll just get this out of the way:
Undertale is a great game. It has witty dialogue, beautiful art and wonderful gameplay. Or, that's what the jury of my mind collected as I played the demo. To be truthful, I never finished the entire demo, and it's linked to why i dislike it. Here's why: because of the Mother series. About 90% of people I know who play Undertale have no clue what Mother is. I can't play through the entire game with the thought in the back of my head that Mother could be in the same position as Undertale, but it isn't. Mother will never be as popular as Undertale, period. that's why I despise it. I know it sounds childish but it's true.

The reason I'm saying this is so you can ignore me ranting about whatever game is popular and continue to post your fan art and talk about. Heck, do it twice as much to annoy the crap out of me. I'll probably deserve it. Of course, if I'm still here then.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 27 Feb 2016, 06:22

Squidish wrote:Here's why: because of the Mother series.

renhoek wrote:Please never play the full game.



Squidish wrote:The reason I'm saying this is so you can ignore me ranting about whatever game is popular and continue to post your fan art and talk about. Heck, do it twice as much to annoy the crap out of me. I'll probably deserve it. Of course, if I'm still here then.

You've said you don't like Undertale twice.
And no one really cares if you like or dislike it unless you go into a topic about it. Which from what I've seen you haven't so I'm wondering what you're trying to do here.

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 806
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 214
Contact:

Post » 27 Feb 2016, 06:42

renhoek wrote:You've said you don't like Undertale twice.
And no one really cares if you like or dislike it unless you go into a topic about it. Which from what I've seen you haven't so I'm wondering what you're trying to do here.

If nobody cares then I suppose this thread is pointless, because if nobody cares about anyone's likes or dislikes, it won't change their views of people therefore making it redundant. Good point. This thread should be taken down.

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 27 Feb 2016, 06:54

Okay, so unpopular or not I have to say that the forum is becoming increasingly inactive, dull and childish. People are fighting over nonsense and, seemingly at least, trying to start really pointless debates by being what they call "brutal honesty" when all I read is "hey, check out how rude I can be, but you have to respect my opinions because I'm just being honest."
Yea, I'm pretty childish. Yea, saying I'm gonna work on it is rather pointless because I see no effort in doing so, as long as I'm serious when I need to be, and not stooping to the levels that have been/are being stooped to (and I also get that this statement is a total cop-out, or cliche or whatever, but at least to my own knowledge, I'm not contributing to this problem, so that isn't a concern right now). I don't mean to point fingers or start yet another pointless debate, but this needs to stop. The nonsensical arguing for the sake of conflict is uncalled for, and considering our rather dwindling amount of active users I'm sure the few of us/them still here are tired of it, just as I am.
I'm not in a position to pose any threats, but at this point I think it's time to put a foot down and start calling upon administrative intervention when necessary, since it's getting rather out of hand.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 28 Feb 2016, 12:30

Hans1998 wrote:
Defiant Shout wrote:I think coloring is harder than drawing. Even shading and luminosity are easier.


Yeah, i always colored outside the line, it was freaking' awful.


Make thicker lines?
I dunno, I enjoy coloring the most. I'll usually "roughly" color something, then zoom in at the lines and both erase / paint until it matches the lines.
Which is kind of what I do for sketching too, haha.

rokit
User avatar
Posts: 2108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47
Reputation: 98

Post » 13 Mar 2016, 22:30

Image

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1312
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 377
Contact:

Post » 13 Mar 2016, 23:23

You forgot paper plates, you monster!
Last edited by QwertymanO07 on 15 Mar 2016, 20:57, edited 21 times in total.

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 286
Contact:

Post » 13 Mar 2016, 23:48

Yeah, and all the other 20+ genders in the world!

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4645
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 718
Contact:

Post » 14 Mar 2016, 05:40

You forgot cats.

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 14 Mar 2016, 16:08

How could you forget cats?!
Image

Tecminer
User avatar
Posts: 484
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 20:44
Reputation: 180
Contact:

Post » 14 Mar 2016, 18:01

and the flying spaghetti monster!

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 286
Contact:

Post » 14 Mar 2016, 19:54

You guys are all being really offensive. Check your vehicle privilege.

jumpinglizard
User avatar
Posts: 335
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 22:02
Reputation: 133

Post » 14 Mar 2016, 20:30

and dinosaurs!

dennis
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: 22 Mar 2016, 01:16
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Post » 22 Mar 2016, 01:20

habrá nueve ensayos

DONG
PERMABANNED
Posts: 6
Joined: 22 Mar 2016, 00:49
Reputation: 0

Post » 22 Mar 2016, 01:29

Image

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32
Reputation: 417
Contact:

Post » 22 Mar 2016, 02:03

So.

McDonalds anime.

Lesbians or not lesbians?

I'm glad the McDonald's anime has lesbians.

Technochips
User avatar
Posts: 700
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05
Reputation: 198
Contact:

Post » 22 Mar 2016, 02:06

DONG wrote:Image

Code: Select all

[img]http://i.imgur.com/rJ6LQzn.jpg[/img]

now instead of posting this twice, edit the message with the "pen" button at the top right corner of your message

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2121
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 673
Contact:

Post » 22 Mar 2016, 02:36

Here's an unpopular opinion: dennis and DONG are the same people as they came to these forums roughly at the same time, have roughly the same post count, post roughly on the same threads and usually interact with each other. Clearly the same person... right? Right? Do not feed the trolls, Hugo...

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32
Reputation: 417
Contact:

Post » 22 Mar 2016, 02:40

B-Man99 wrote:So.

McDonalds anime.

Lesbians or not lesbians?

I'm glad the McDonald's anime has lesbians.


No but really



Are they lesbians? I heard someone speculate that they're lesbians, and honestly I see more evidence for that than against that. Not sure which is the "unpopular" opinion, but I for one am really proud of McDoland's for going the extra mile and creating good content we all can appreciate.

EDIT: *McDonald's

Technochips
User avatar
Posts: 700
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05
Reputation: 198
Contact:

Post » 22 Mar 2016, 02:59

gg japan

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1312
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 377
Contact:

Post » 22 Mar 2016, 19:41

0'Brothers is a terrible mappack. Don't get me wrong, the backgrounds are fucking amazing, and definitely worth analyzing; but the actual gameplay is awful.

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 23 Mar 2016, 04:56

Sounds like a case of console.
Graphics > Gameplay

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2121
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 673
Contact:

Post » 23 Mar 2016, 05:06

In my opinion, gameplay should always, no matter what, be placed above graphics. I mean, looking into your backyard isn't as entertaining as playing with your dog on it, even though what you're looking at is as realistic as it can be.

I know I'm the king of horrible comparisons between two random topics, but to this day I have yet to see a game successful exclusively because of its graphics, whereas I've seen plenty of games with great gameplay mechanics but terrible graphics.

Though the two of them are better together ;)

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 806
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 214
Contact:

Post » 23 Mar 2016, 05:17

HugoBDesigner wrote:In my opinion, gameplay should always, no matter what, be placed above graphics. I mean, looking into your backyard isn't as entertaining as playing with your dog on it, even though what you're looking at is as realistic as it can be.

I know I'm the king of horrible comparisons between two random topics, but to this day I have yet to see a game successful exclusively because of its graphics, whereas I've seen plenty of games with great gameplay mechanics but terrible graphics.

Though the two of them are better together ;)

Totally agree. I have an example for you, too:
Sticker Star.

(I mean the good graphics but bad gameplay thing)
Last edited by Squidish on 24 Mar 2016, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32
Reputation: 417
Contact:

Post » 23 Mar 2016, 06:53

Unpopular opinion: I haven't played Undertale yet.

Before you say "this isn't an opinion" jesus christ enough people are treating it like one
And it sure as hell is unpopular

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2121
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 673
Contact:

Post » 23 Mar 2016, 13:58

If that's the case, I never played Undertale or FNAF 1 or FNAF 2 or FNAF 3 or FNAF 4 or FNAF World

Now here's why I never played those games, and this is where people will come to beat me to death for saying: I don't like RPG or horror games.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4645
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 718
Contact:

Post » 23 Mar 2016, 20:30

I haven't played Undertale either, but I don't plan on it. Same with all FNAFs except the first which I've played (but not a lot).

They've fallen into the "watch-to-play" category for me. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, except yes it is.

rokit
User avatar
Posts: 2108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47
Reputation: 98

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 01:40

you all laugh but some people think there are actually more than 2 genders

Technochips
User avatar
Posts: 700
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05
Reputation: 198
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 01:42

yes there is more than 2 genders, apple

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 01:44

rokit wrote:you all laugh but some people think there are actually more than 2 genders

I mean, some people are born both via mutation, so that could technically be a gender. And being inanimate is a gender in my book, I mean, rocks aren't male or female, so they're the genderless gender. :y

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1312
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 377
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 03:24

Yeah, there's 4 genders: masculine, feminine, indefinite, and neuter.

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2121
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 673
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 04:27

Don't forget hermaphrodite. Seriously, if you think about it, it should be considered a new gender, since you have the genitalia of male and female. It's true, however, that in most cases a gender is predominant, but idk

Also paper plates.

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 286
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 07:10

Gender fluid. Probably the most controversial "gender" underneath transgendered people.

I don't care how you identify yourself weither you want to be a boy or girl or whatever. But if you're going to flip your shit at me for not knowing right off the bat that you're a girl and then like 3 hours later you're a guy again there is going to be a problem. It has been proven somewhere that some boys and girls who feel more comfortable as the opposite gender have had something go wrong during their whole process of being in the stomach. So those people who want to be the opposite gender? That's fine. That could in some ways interpreted be "normal".

But being gender fluid most likely isn't normal. And that's fine with me. Cool. You're picky about your gender. BUT if you're going on about how I should ask what gender you feel like before I engage conversation with you, then I'm deeply sorry madam/sir/paper plate. As much as I want to be friends with you, that one little detail about you is going to slip my mind occasionally and you're going to get upset.

Again, I don't hate people who are gender fluid. I'll be friends with people are gender fluid, and in fact on Twitter I used to know one. (Yeah pulling that card out of my drawer) The user was bullied quite a lot and their handle was taken by one of the bullies (A man who we just called "Chase Fromm") when they quit twitter. (@nickythekitteh if I remember?) All I'm saying is that I'm not used to the whole "gender fluid" philosophy.
Last edited by MF064DD on 25 Mar 2016, 07:29, edited 3 times in total.

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2121
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 673
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 07:16

Just call the person a "they". It's a gender-neutral pronoun. And, as much as I am respectful towards any kind of gender and sexual orientation, I'm not ready yet to learn how to identify someone. I know for sure I wouldn't want anyone asking me if I'm a he or a she before engaging in a conversation. I mean, even if I was gay, or felt more like a woman than a man, I would probably be okay with people calling me a he, even if I felt like a she. But then again, that's just how I feel, especially since I came to be very self-accepting through adolescence, so that might be a thing too.
Last edited by HugoBDesigner on 25 Mar 2016, 08:02, edited 2 times in total.

OrbitalBlueprint
User avatar
Posts: 600
Joined: 08 Sep 2013, 20:11
Reputation: 309
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 07:56

I think "it" sounds a little too impolite. "They" is definitely a better option.

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2121
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 673
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 08:02

You're right, bad word choice from me. Thanks <3

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4645
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 718
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 08:40

you're all wrong, the third gender is human
the fourth is paper plates

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1312
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 377
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 08:41

That's what indefinite is.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4645
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 718
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 08:43

no it's not indefinite, it's definitely human
Last edited by TurretBot on 25 Mar 2016, 08:43, edited 1 time in total.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32
Reputation: 417
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 08:43

I'm gender blind, at least based on what I can gather from Wikipedia (and also Chris thanks Chris) so I guess I feel kind of conflicted at times about some of this stuff.

I'm all for respecting someone and how they choose to identify, so like if you're transgender that's totally cool and I have no issue with it.

It just also means that I don't really understand what led to that identification. Like, if there weren't so many stupid gendered stereotypes, I wonder if so many people would still feel the need to identify differently.

Also, it's kind of sad when people feel like they need to focus on this identity stuff as if it's the most important part of them. Since I don't really think about peoples' gender usually at all, I really care about like who they are as a person and their personality and interests. (It hurts me a little to think that whether they're a boy or a girl matters more to them than like the fact that they're a cool person and probably a nice friend. Not that they don't have values, but more just that they include a vague social construct as a key part of those other important and super great values?)

Advocacy is great, but I can't imagine ever myself devoting so much to identifying gender or sexuality related things. If it had to be one of those social justice-y hot button issues id rather make it about diversity in games or something since I really like and care about videogames. If someone asked me how I "identify" - I'd mention that I'm a composer and that I love videogames and want to make music for them - that's where my mind jumps to. Not how I feel about this weird gender thing. Not the fact that I'm asexual.

I guess it's more of a conflict of interest, in that I care way too much about a lot of other things first, than anything else. Again, I totally respect people and however they think about this differently. Being able to identify how you want to is important, because this is you we're talking about here.

This post probably got long sorry I don't think I can tl;dr it well
Last edited by B-Man99 on 25 Mar 2016, 08:46, edited 1 time in total.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4645
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 718
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 08:46

also my actual opinion on gender is we need to get rid of it and replace it with sexual orientation (i.e. "you like men" would be the gender)

the issue with that is mostly just pronouns

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32
Reputation: 417
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 08:48

what would be the pronoun for "I like gradients" then turret? because damn I don't care if it's a boy or a girl but if the animation is smooth and maybe there's some yellow-to-red coloring there, possibly adding some slick white outlining... that's so hot

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4645
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 718
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 08:50

"I like gradients" would use paper plate pronouns

inb4 rokit himself thinks there are more than 2 genders and was just using ambiguous wording to start a flame war

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32
Reputation: 417
Contact:

Post » 25 Mar 2016, 08:58

why are there so many curse words in flame wars? I think I made this joke when I was like 12 so be prepared

because without the f bomb they'd just be lame wars


Return to “Twatter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron