Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Regret Day Thread (Happyfaces' in June!)

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4714
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 03 Dec 2014, 01:02

The first post is always the most regretful

This is a thread where you don't tell the date of your regret day (my list stays parallel to this list)
but you wish people a happy regret day
and that's pretty much it.
(I guess you could also discuss what you did/what you got/what you plan to do on the unregret day following)

Also, don't feel all regretful or something if I forget to put someone's regret day on the title on that day. I can't possibly be on here every regret day of the year.
Lastly: Correct me on my mistakes.
One more thing: Those who joined first will be listed first on the date.

January
6th- Saso
7th- Trist3D
16th- Vyper
26th- Vakema123

February
2nd- thunderflipper, rokit
3rd- hatninja, Hans1998
5th- Qcode, HowToEatGirafes, 0>0
10th- Jorichi
11th- renhoek
13th- WiloKing, Think_with_Coins
23rd- Shank
25th- SauloFX

March
4th- 4matsy
5th- imaginary cake
7th- WillWare
8th- NightKawata
9th- idiot9.0, Costinteo (no titles anymore)
10th- LightningFire (the one who ninja'd my regret day)
15th- TurretBot
21st- mindnomad, Turtle95
23rd- ChrisGin
28th- Turtley3

April
8th- Flutter Skye
17th- copy

May
1st- BobTheLawyer
3rd- Mariobros2
7th- Assasin-Kiashi, Sergione
10th- MM102
19th- Mariofan064
24th- Gramanaitor
30th- alesan99, FuriousHedgehog

June
1st- HAPPYFACES
3rd- WaryLouka
12th- Bonko
22nd- victinistar

July
1st- B-Man99
2nd- Firaga
13th- JohnHOne
17th- Jackostar10000
19th- MagicPillow
20th- Automatik
22nd- ProfessorPancake

August
19th- Doormat

September
2nd- bubba_nate
8th- OrbitalBlueprint
18th- HugoBDesigner

October
5th- QwertymanO07

November
20th- jwright159

December
I'm staring right back at you, buddy. You couldn't handle this many posts even if you weren't imaginary.
♫ And that's all the months of the year. ♫
Last edited by TurretBot on 01 Jul 2015, 15:51, edited 20 times in total.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 03 Dec 2014, 01:16

Every day is my regret day

Also this thread is gold
Actual gold
Au

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 969
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36

Post » 03 Dec 2014, 03:33

turret is humor
this is probably my favorite thread of 2014
happy regret day sašo

MagicPillow
User avatar
Posts: 1247
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59

Post » 03 Dec 2014, 04:31

WiloKing wrote:happy regret day sašo
TurretBot wrote:January
6th- Saso

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 03 Dec 2014, 05:59

You never know where and when I'm watching you Turret.
But I'll always be there.
You're also terrible at smash.
Last edited by Cake on 05 Dec 2014, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.

FuriousTH
User avatar
Posts: 807
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14

Post » 03 Dec 2014, 06:07

Turret post this
Turret is all
I stand by the genius alesan

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4714
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 03 Dec 2014, 07:57

imaginary cake wrote:The Turret year starts on January 6th, the equivalent of December 2nd for us.

It's not my gosh-darn fault nobody registered in December! That is on you. That is on you!
*General you.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1388
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 03 Dec 2014, 11:26

I regret making that post

Mr.Q.Marx?
User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: 15 May 2012, 18:35

Post » 03 Dec 2014, 14:12

No regrets <3

HowToEatGirafes
User avatar
Posts: 600
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 23:18

Post » 03 Dec 2014, 16:10

I regret everyone's regrets

FuriousTH
User avatar
Posts: 807
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14

Post » 03 Dec 2014, 23:09

Image

Trist3D
User avatar
Posts: 685
Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 06:31

Post » 04 Dec 2014, 10:24

That moment when you realize that you're here forever.

Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 652
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21

Post » 04 Dec 2014, 13:54

do you regret making a 'that moment when' joke.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 04 Dec 2014, 22:05

tfw not se

FuriousTH
User avatar
Posts: 807
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14

Post » 04 Dec 2014, 22:31

B-Man99 wrote:tfw not se

regrets everyday

4matsy
User avatar
Posts: 81
Joined: 04 Mar 2012, 18:34

Post » 05 Dec 2014, 00:31

I regret nothing~ :3

~Happy regret days everyone~ ^_^

MagicPillow
User avatar
Posts: 1247
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59

Post » 05 Dec 2014, 01:15

More accurate version:
Everyday: Everyone

Wary
User avatar
Posts: 638
Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 14:30

Post » 05 Dec 2014, 03:07

Is this thread even useful?
The birthday thread has an use, whilst I'm not sure of this' one.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4714
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 05 Dec 2014, 03:47

It was a joke, of course it doesn't really have a use.
But if the others want to post here and use it, then let them.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 19 Dec 2014, 22:01

Woo bumping because I still want to see how far Turret goes with these things.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4714
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 06 Jan 2015, 20:10

Happy regret day, Saso!

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 06 Jan 2015, 21:32

Happy regret day Sašo! :D

MagicPillow
User avatar
Posts: 1247
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59

Post » 06 Jan 2015, 23:49

Have a regretful Regret day, Šâsô!
please don't ban me for this

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2126
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 07 Jan 2015, 08:21

Another day, another regret, eh?

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4714
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 07 Jan 2015, 08:24

Happy regret day, Trist3D! (In my timezone it is 1:30 at least.)

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 07 Jan 2015, 12:31

Trist3D I can't think of an original joke to put here so I'm just going to acknowledge the fact you're being celebrated in this thread today

MagicPillow
User avatar
Posts: 1247
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59

Post » 07 Jan 2015, 15:14

Have a regretful regret day, Tregret3D!

Sergione
Posts: 217
Joined: 07 May 2014, 16:02

Post » 08 Jan 2015, 15:46

Happy regret Saso and Trist4D

FuriousTH
User avatar
Posts: 807
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14

Post » 08 Jan 2015, 17:06

Hb rd trist3d

    Wary
    User avatar
    Posts: 638
    Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 14:30

    Post » 05 Feb 2015, 13:47

    Happy regret day, Qcode, HowToEatGirafes and 0>0

    FuriousTH
    User avatar
    Posts: 807
    Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14

    Post » 05 Feb 2015, 16:56

    Wary wrote:Happy regret day, Qcode, HowToEatGirafes and 0>0

    B-Man99
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    Posts: 1922
    Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

    Post » 05 Feb 2015, 19:04

    Happy Qcode day, @regrets!

    HAPPYFACES
    Posts: 521
    Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40

    Post » 06 Feb 2015, 16:52

    What. Did I miss something? Can someone fill me in? Happy regret day, to whoever's regret day will be, I guess...

    jwright159
    User avatar
    Posts: 465
    Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

    Post » 06 Feb 2015, 20:44

    Why am I bolded? Wait, I think I know! It's because I am either the most regretful user on here, or because everyone regrets knowing me! Right?

    Jorichi
    Moderator
    User avatar
    Posts: 999
    Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

    Post » 06 Feb 2015, 22:27

    jwright159 wrote:Why am I bolded? Wait, I think I know! It's because I am either the most regretful user on here, or because everyone regrets knowing me! Right?

    It's because turret is too lazy to keep his mainpost up to date.

    Also, I still don't get what this is even supposed to be...

    jwright159
    User avatar
    Posts: 465
    Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

    Post » 06 Feb 2015, 22:39

    Nothing. It's not supposed to be anything.

    TurretBot
    User avatar
    Posts: 4714
    Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

    Post » 06 Feb 2015, 22:51

    Jorichi wrote:Also, I still don't get what this is even supposed to be...

    It's the day you joined the forum.

    HugoBDesigner
    User avatar
    Posts: 2126
    Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

    Post » 06 Feb 2015, 23:00

    Better explanation: like in the Birthday Thread, the name of the current birth/regret day is bolted in the main post. But it's usually updated. Not in this case though, it seems...

    Jorichi
    Moderator
    User avatar
    Posts: 999
    Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

    Post » 06 Feb 2015, 23:49

    TurretBot wrote:
    Jorichi wrote:Also, I still don't get what this is even supposed to be...

    It's the day you joined the forum.

    Oh. For me it says I joined the 11th, so that's probably why I couldn't make that connections. Damn those timezones.

    renhoek
    User avatar
    Posts: 4559
    Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

    Post » 07 Feb 2015, 13:45

    HugoBDesigner wrote:Better explanation: like in the Birthday Thread, the name of the current birth/regret day is bolted in the main post. But it's usually updated. Not in this case though, it seems...

    The birthday thread also only adds people who give their consent to be in there. (from what I can tell at least)


    This thread's basically just an excuse to spam at this point, Turret you probably won't give two fucks about what I say but you really have to understand that there are genuine people here who want to have a real conversation and you responding to everyone saying "it's what the thread is" or "there's no reason" you're basically punching them in the face.
    (and can people seriously stop making threads when someone says not to/see a funny post, It's never been funny and you're an asshole for doing it.)

    B-Man99
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    Posts: 1922
    Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

    Post » 07 Feb 2015, 16:27

    renhoek wrote:The birthday thread also only adds people who give their consent to be in there.

    There still isn't an obligation to reply to this thread if you don't like it / find it funny
    renhoek wrote:This thread's basically just an excuse to spam at this point

    It looks like everyone here is talking and making joke from what I can see
    renhoek wrote:Turret you probably won't give two fucks about what I say

    That was definitely necessary for your argument and helped make this a discussion and not an absurd confrontation
    renhoek wrote:but you really have to understand that there are genuine people here who want to have a real conversation and you responding to everyone saying "it's what the thread is" or "there's no reason" you're basically punching them in the face.

    Of course Turret must be doing this. There's no other way. The countless other people who have participated in this thread were delusional you are absolutely correct in all of this Turret is actually the one responding to "everyone"
    Turret wrote:It was a joke, of course it doesn't really have a use.
    But if the others want to post here and use it, then let them.

    After this, people decided to post and use the thread. And then oh my goodness Turret wished someone a happy regret day along with several other people who did, and then ANSWERED SOMEONE'S QUESTION! How TERRIBLE!
    renhoek wrote:It's never been funny

    Of course this is your opinion and the rest of us that find it funny are completely irrelevant?
    renhoek wrote:and you're an asshole for doing it.

    There goes any credibility you might have had about "genuine people here who want to have a real conversation"
    Calling someone an asshole for making a thread on a forum out of lighthearted humor that several others have contributed to
    Are we all assholes too?
    Hate to break it to you but genuine people who want to have real conversations don't act this confrontational and I highly doubt that many of them would care about a thread that many people are participating in just because they don't particularly find it useful
    I'm going to wish you a happy regret day early and say that I hope you can find a way to not actually regret it because your posts as of late have suggested that you do (negative and often mentioning disdain of the majority of us)

    TurretBot
    User avatar
    Posts: 4714
    Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

    Post » 07 Feb 2015, 17:45

    Believe it or not I don't need B-Man to come to the rescue and save me, because I do care about what Renhoek says despite what he thinks:
    renhoek wrote:The birthday thread also only adds people who give their consent to be in there.

    Note to self: Nobody should ever include Renhoek in anything because he's stingy/hates fads.
    Maybe I should pull a The Christmas Carol on him or something, he needs to lighten up.
    renhoek wrote:This thread's basically just an excuse to spam at this point

    Right, because there's definitely spam in this thread anywhere in the slightest.
    renhoek wrote:Turret you probably won't give two fucks about what I say

    Well, if you believe that I'm not going to do care about what you say, then I guess I don't have to because you won't think any different?
    renhoek wrote:but you really have to understand that there are genuine people here who want to have a real conversation and you responding to everyone saying "it's what the thread is" or "there's no reason" you're basically punching them in the face.

    The real problem is that YES I AM FUCKING AWARE THAT THIS PLACE IS A FORUM WHERE WE GET IN SERIOUS DISCUSSIONS. EDIT:  By the way this sentence was going to end differently. That's why there was a "not" there. Removed it. 
    This forum tends to also have some not-so-serious discussions. And this thread is another one, and if you don't like that it's fine. But just because I made one doesn't mean I still have no idea about the balance of jokes and serious and everything I do is for the humor.
    Regardless. People who want a serious discussion will see that this is a joke thread from a mile away, no, 7 lightyears away. Who the hell expects a serious discussion in a thread named "Regret Day Thread"?
    Name one of the "genuine people here who want to have a real conversation." Is Jorichi on this list perhaps?
    Jorichi wrote:
    TurretBot wrote:
    Jorichi wrote:Also, I still don't get what this is even supposed to be...

    It's the day you joined the forum.

    Oh. For me it says I joined the 11th, so that's probably why I couldn't make that connections. Damn those timezones.
    So either this isn't a "real conversation" that Jorichi "genuinely wanted to have," or Jorichi is smart enough to see a joke that he doesn't even get himself?
    renhoek wrote:It's never been funny

    Right, because the fact that I found it funny when I made the thread doesn't matter either, it's never been funny.
    Correction: "It's never been funny to me"
    renhoek wrote:and you're an asshole for doing it.

    *sigh*
    Last edited by TurretBot on 08 Feb 2015, 04:16, edited 1 time in total.

    Jorichi
    Moderator
    User avatar
    Posts: 999
    Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

    Post » 07 Feb 2015, 18:30

    I got the joke as soon as I made the connection to the join dates.
    It might not be my kind of humor to make a topic out of it, but that's not a reason to kill the fun for someone else.
    This could be a nice opportunity for the community to come together and do something nice for each other in my opinion...
    Something I don't see nearly enough as the bashing others for having a different opinion.

    LightningFire
    User avatar
    Posts: 1907
    Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24

    Post » 07 Feb 2015, 19:49

    This could of have just been a normal thread about celebrating join dates, with a joke title based on that one post that Sašo made.
    Actually why don't we all just do that, if it isn't already

    B-Man99
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    Posts: 1922
    Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

    Post » 07 Feb 2015, 19:54

    I was 90% sure that's what it was
    So yeah

    Squidish
    User avatar
    Posts: 808
    Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04

    Post » 07 Feb 2015, 22:17

    Pardon me, but I fail to see how Turret's an asshole for making a thread.

    FuriousTH
    User avatar
    Posts: 807
    Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14

    Post » 07 Feb 2015, 23:33

    PrincessKiller wrote:Pardon me, but I fail to see how Turret's an asshole for making a thread.

    You say that because you're not on the Regret Day list right?

    renhoek
    User avatar
    Posts: 4559
    Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

    Post » 08 Feb 2015, 02:48

    You guys know I wasn't trying to call Turret an asshole or unfunny right?
    I was talking about people who do that in general, It's why I put it in brackets.

    Also Turret thanks for making a proper response to what I was saying, I suppose I was being a little to harsh about this and that there's no real harm in this, I just get upset when I see something that doesn't have a proper purpose for existing but you seem to know what you're doing here so I won't complain.

    And it's become clear to me at this point that the kind of things I want to talk about aren't really going to happen here and that when I try to bring up some of the issues I have here there's a lot of drama that comes out of it.
    So I think I'm just going to find a different forum where I can do that. Have a good regret day to whoevers day is coming up or what ever it is you're meant to do on that day.

    Sašo
    Stabyourself.net
    User avatar
    Posts: 1388
    Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

    Post » 08 Feb 2015, 13:47

    The reason I called it regret day (and by called it I mean suggested and it sorta stuck) is and also the reason why I shot down the suggestion of forum members having a name (Stabyourselfies or something stupid) is because I don't want people to go anywhere and talk about the forum, or to celebrate just the fact that they're a part of something. As stupid as it might sound, it keeps everyone a bit grounded. To me, website elitism is one of the more annoying traits people can have so I try to prevent it.

    The point is that you don't think "woo so awesome" but "coming here might've been a bad idea" and then hopefully answer "nah it's fine".

    In theory. I can see renhoek is already having some regrets so that's a success! I think.

    TurretBot
    User avatar
    Posts: 4714
    Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

    Post » 04 Mar 2015, 23:54

    Happy regret day, 4matsy


    Return to “Twatter”

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: oh god spiders, State sponsored guitar solo and 0 guests