Goodbye for a while

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Sunset_Moth

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 22:59

I'm leaving for a while.
Yeah. I know, I've said that I was leaving before. I came back because it was fun here despite the occasional gorey picture. (Which was yet another forum fad, apparently. Anyways, it stopped.) I'm serious this time. I'm leaving. For good? No.  For a long time? Yes. Possibly a few years.  What was I thinking when I wrote that? I'm an idiot. Until summer is probably the longest, dunno. Might have summerschool. I know there are some people on here who don't like me, and it seems like the people I knew were drowned out by stupid people (Who have now been accepted and have stopped asking stupid questions, except I wasn't here for that. Still, I kinda just don't like change in communities I know...) I've gotten bad grades in school, and have been kicked off anything videogame-ish except during weekends. I might show up, post something, and leave occasionally, but I will be mostly inactive. Or actually, I have been. I came on just to say this, and will now proceed to leave. Mari0 Remix isn't going to be finished for a while. Maybe when the next SE Beta comes out. Anyways, see you... sometime. Goodbye.

-bubba0nate

P. S. Please don't post "BYE BYE, WHOEVER" if you've not heard of me. I stopped posting some time back.

EDIT: Made it look like I was gonna be gone for less time since I am gonna be gone for less time :)
Last edited by Sunset_Moth on 23 Nov 2014, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.

Sky

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 23:12

And you were just about to hit 900 posts too...

You may have been one of the rockier members, but I've considered you a part of the community. Hopefully you come back stronger as you experience more of life elsewhere.

I hope you've enjoyed your time here. Go abroad, live life, make friends, have fun!

B-Man99

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 23:55

I would kind of agree that many of the people I know well on here are "drowned out by stupid people" in one sense or another, but these are forums directly related to a specific game developer and I take what I can get. I try to talk to people a lot outside of the direct forums anyway when they get particularly crowded.
Also it's only natural for there to be a few people that don't like you. That's the case for just about anyone on a forum such as this. The strength is that we are all united by it - each of us different individuals with different things to contribute. That's why I love this place so much.
Not to try to give you a pep talk or anything I'm sure you get it.

I'm sorry it seems life has thrown you for a loop - I'm counting on you to work hard and get those grades back up... those can be pretty important things especially for your future et cetera. Good luck with everything while you're gone, we will definitely miss you and look forward to your return whenever you can make it back.

goodbye man
*tears up* *remembers he's not a sitcom character* *remembers he actually is a sitcom character tbh* *doesn't actually tear up but types "*tears up*" instead because he's tearing up inside - where it counts* don't judge me

TurretBot

Post » 21 Nov 2014, 00:41

If he says he's leaving don't give him a motivational speech that basically says "Don't leave!" at its core.

MagicPillow

Post » 21 Nov 2014, 01:05

Good luck, I hope everything goes well for you.

Wilo

Post » 21 Nov 2014, 01:30

Goodbye, friend.
I give you my blessing. It will be a shame to have to let you go.
Stay motivated, and I hope you'll be back soon.

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 21 Nov 2014, 03:06

Never forget that we were once all n00bs who fucked up the forums to one degree or another.
However good luck bubba_nate. Hope you get better grades.
Come back when you're ready.
Most of us have been here for 3 years, we'll probably still all be about when you're back.

MM102

Post » 21 Nov 2014, 05:14

There goes another 2012-er
Amen brother and goodbye.

Sunset_Moth

Post » 23 Nov 2014, 01:07

I'm back. Not quite yet. Semester break is coming up, with luck, that'll be when I can come back during the week. I might make a few posts every so often, but I'm not going to read every single post and check multiple times every day seven days a week. Especially since I can only be here on weekends. Anyways, I didn't even think about the fact semester break resets grades. My parents might not pay attention to that and look at my grades from all year, I'm not sure. My grades are all going up, about a point or two every week. So, I'll be back sooner than I thought. But still, goodbye for now. I'm probably not going to be as active as before until summer, but I'm thinking about making Mari0 stuff again. I have some ideas for Mari0 Remix I might work on during the weekend, if I can even remember how Mari0 works at all. Why did I write I was gonna be gone for possibly a few years? *thinks for a while...*

Oh yeah, I'm dramatic. *facepalm.* I'm also stupid. *facedesk.*