laptop graphics cards

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Danny

Post » 14 Aug 2014, 03:57

so i just downloaded skrim about a week ago and the fps is so slow its unplayable
i often get bad fps in mari0, but not this bad
i have a laptop, not a pc and im looking for a new graphics card under 40$ that can handle a game like skyrim and boost performance for mari0
my laptop model is a dell latitude d830
not the best computer but thats what i have
ive done hours of research but couldn't find any good cards
my current specs are
my current graphics card is mobile intel 965 express chipset family

any suggestions/help is much appreciated

Vakema123

Post » 14 Aug 2014, 11:52

I have no idea how you would be able to find a graphics card that can handle Skyrim under 40 dollars. Add in the laptop requirement, and you are talking about something that is just plain impossible.
In fact, you might not be able to get your laptop to run it at all. Sorry dude, but you'd just need a new computer.
If you are going to get a new computer, I would get a PC. Laptops are portable and all, but they are really expensive if you want to game, and I was able to build a PC that can play Skyrim on ultra with no problems for around 550-600. It is quite an investment, but I think it is worth it. You might want to use this website to find parts too.
http://pcpartpicker.com/
I didn't use this when I made mine, so you could probably get the same build for cheaper.
Also, don't be overwhelmed by the idea of having to put together a computer yourself, don't be. It's like big legos.

EDIT: I researched your card, and found out that it actually isn't a card at all, but integrated graphics. What integrated graphics does is borrow from your RAM in order to do things.It might be possible for you to change it in the BIOS of your laptop (Like video buffer size or something like that) but I wouldn't count on it. If you can change it, you could possibly get more RAM for your laptop, and then increase it. This is the exact problem that I had on my laptop a little bit ago, so good luck. About 4Gb of laptop ram is about $50, so that is a lot closer to your budget, but I can't guarantee it will work. It all depends on the computer. And even that will not make the computer work like a charm, but it should be better.

Wary

Post » 14 Aug 2014, 13:21

There is no such thing as Gaming Graphic Cards under 40$, but near that price...

The GT 520 allows you to play Battlefield 4 Medium-High, therefore, playing Skyrim should be ok.
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Mini ... B00549HZ7S

Reduction Price: 53.32$
Original: 69.99$

Seriously. You should spend at least that much on a good graphic card.

Ninja edit: Also, get more RAM (if possible). While Skyrim can handle 2GB of Ram on Minimum, to get better performance with your card, I would prefer that you get at least 4GB of RAM.

Ninja edit 2: I know this graphic card is for a desktop computer. Laptops are very rarely customizable, and I found no graphic card online under 50$ good for playing skyrim for laptops. Sorry.

Ninja edit 3:You can download more RAM, if you wish.

Danny

Post » 14 Aug 2014, 16:03

WaryLouka wrote:There is no such thing as Gaming Graphic Cards under 40$, but near that price...

The GT 520 allows you to play Battlefield 4 Medium-High, therefore, playing Skyrim should be ok.
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Mini ... B00549HZ7S

Reduction Price: 53.32$
Original: 69.99$

Seriously. You should spend at least that much on a good graphic card.

Ninja edit: Also, get more RAM (if possible). While Skyrim can handle 2GB of Ram on Minimum, to get better performance with your card, I would prefer that you get at least 4GB of RAM.

Ninja edit 2: I know this graphic card is for a desktop computer. Laptops are very rarely customizable, and I found no graphic card online under 50$ good for playing skyrim for laptops. Sorry.

Ninja edit 3:You can download more RAM, if you wish.
is this ram download thing legit? did you try it? how does it even work?

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 14 Aug 2014, 16:39

I really doubt that's legit.

Danny

Post » 14 Aug 2014, 17:58

just checked, the entire ram website is a joke, it doesnt work and its created just for kicks

B-Man99

Post » 14 Aug 2014, 18:12

Danny wrote:is this ram download thing legit?
yes

I wonder what happens if you actually click the 'download'

Danny

Post » 14 Aug 2014, 19:13

nothing, it just shows a download animation but no files actually download

Danny

Post » 14 Aug 2014, 20:49

i tried a small experiment, i ran skyrim and monitored my cpu and ram usage, both my cpu and ram only went up to about 60% at most and an average of 55%

so even though my computers specs are to low it should technically still be possible to run the game lag free if i could get my computer to focus just on skyrim, i've tried game booster but that doesn't quite seem to do much