Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Facts People Wouldn't Know Otherwise

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 03:48

The subject kind of sums up the thread. Often times I have thought "hey people on the forums wouldn't know such and such about me because it never comes up." and since I know other people have thought this too I figured why not make a thread about it.

I'll go first:

- I talk too loudly often because my ears are almost always plugged.
- My hair changes on like a daily basis it's really fucking weird
- I found stabyourself because I found Ortho Robot because I found love2d because I found Snayke because I have an insane passion for games with level editors

SauloFX
User avatar
Posts: 617
Joined: 26 Feb 2014, 02:52

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 03:58

ok here i go:

-i'm a bit fatty, but i run really fast
-i keep in my bed all day because i'm not to much social, and i don't have any activity to do just homework and school projects and tests too WHEN SCHOOL IS GOING TO FINISH?!
-i learned drawing without the help of anyone
-i go crazy when people make me rage
-i found stabyourself via a mari0 gameplay, and i saw the level editor button, and i said "yes! a game with level editor!"
-i put my best arts in the walls of my bedroom

That's all i know about me Yes, i don't know about myself

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2126
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 04:21

- I almost always dress up the same way (my clothes have pretty much the same look)
- I learned English mostly by myself (before enrolling the English course, I could already speak/write very well). Most of my training was here, with you guys ;)
- I drink coffee with milk (common in Brazil) in an average of 5 - 6 full glasses per day (WOW!)
- Even though I'm 17, I love watching Disney shows (only of animations), like Phineas & Ferb and Gravity Falls
- My cycle of sleep varies from me waking up sometimes at 5 am to me waking up at 5pm (literally). But it's not random: when I wake up early, it happens in many following days, and so it is to me waking up late
- Sometimes I spend 4 - 5 hours searching for astronomy stuff in the Internet (mostly for habitable planets/moons with chances of life)
- I found this facility community (I swear I was going to write that before I realized) when I discovered Mari0. I was searching for 2D Portal games
- I learned coding all by myself too, with a small base from Java and a lot of training on Mari0 +Portal. Qcode also gave me A LOT of hints, so he helped a lot too
- The city I live on is so small that it is 26,6 times smaller than São Paulo (I calculated it, LOL)
- I always carry my drawing with me to my English course, so the girl I have a crush on can see it (her drawings are on her Tablet, so she always carry hers too)
- I have a dog and 2 cats. I used to have 4 cats, but 2 died. Also, the mother of my dog also used to be mine, but she also died. My dog have 3 twin brothers completely different from him. One is owned by my aunt and 2 were gave away by my mother :'(

If I remember anything else (like my hair is almost black - differently from my drawings - and is REALLY ugly), I'll tell here :P

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 04:28

Um...
Let's see, I'm really good at running- I have a 5:40 mile time.
and
I'm working on IOSMB4
(A game that is something that I wish Nintendo would have done instead of the NSMB series- character development is a major focus right now)
and
I was introduced to stabyourself via Mari0, because my stepmom showed me, and I joined the forum to complain about bugs.
and
Victinistar's my friend. (in case you somehow didn't know that)
and
I'm a super-procrastinator
I forgot the last time I did non-project homework at home... (GO GO LET'S DO A 4-MONTH SCIENCE PROJECT IN 1 NIGHT!)
and
I hate taking art in school. (I started to see recycled curriculum, and I hate making projects I feel uninspired for...)
and
I need a haircut.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 05:01

Wow this thread is going well
I'm gonna respond to you other awesome people

-Vakema is NJ HOLT YO and is my IRL best friend I could ever have like the bestest best friend really, but like imaginary cake said I think everyone knows that by now?
-I hate taking art in school too. That's why I don't.
-I have no clue what São Paulo is
-I learned English because I grew up with it as my first language and I don't think I know too many people IRL that didn't learn it first either so damn I feel bad for you guys that didn't because it's a really messed up language
-I wouldn't call myself a "fatty" because I honestly feel fine but I am overweight and use ironic self deprecating humor about it like I do everything else
-Oh hey that reminds me my self esteem doesn't exist. I don't feel bad/good about myself because I really don't care xD
That being said, I mainly just think about my strengths and weaknesses logically and realistically? That sounds right I guess.
-I don't take things seriously.
-Oh yeah I forgot I have a dog she may or may not be dead and while I don't really care I also have no reasonable way of learning if she is or not because I would probably have to call my mother to find that out.
Unless my mom sold the dog with a ton of my possessions.
Oh yeah my mom is also occasionally a terrible person didn't mention that
-Oh that's awesome Hugo... I carry around my iPod and people can listen to my music but that would be really weird showing my crush my music
Especially the French Scrabble one
Since she would instantly understand the title and my cover would be blown
That doesn't really matter now though since we all know how amazingly I handled the situation last week
-I don't care whether I need a haircut or not I'm not staying in one place for 15 minutes and wasting time and electricity
-@Saulo I'm already crazy. I don't rage because I don't take life seriously enough to be mad or sad and shit

I should probably put other stuff that is sort of not completely random
- A+ Student
- Hahaha that reminds me of the time I got accepted into honors seminar so I could drop it
- My school has some really shitty stuff. Like honors seminar.
- My brother died like a year and a half ago. It sucked. Never want anyone to go through that. Sort of changed my perspective on stuff a bit.
- Example being teaching kids a lesson for throwing goldfish at me in the lunch room
- We never go to the cafeteria anymore because we hate people and there's this awesome science teacher and also I go to the band room a lot (duh)
-I go off on tangents and rant sometimes
-The Westing Game is a really good book.
Last edited by B-Man99 on 14 Dec 2014, 04:06, edited 1 time in total.

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2126
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 05:07

@B-Man99: São Paulo is the most important city in Brazil (although not the capital, it's like NY to USA), and I've NOT A HINT of who you're mentioning in each item (just got a few references for me and Saulo).
Oh, and I forgot to mention that my drawing are in a folder, in paper. Only her drawings are in a Tablet. I don't have one...

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 05:14

I don't have a tablet either, except I keep my drawings in a flip-cover clipboard.
And a folder, but mostly the clipboard.

mindnomad
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 05:50

-I mostly keep to myself on the computer all day everyday and I try to keep contact with my family to a minimum.
-I'm lazy and haven't accomplished anything significant in my life so far.
-I've been playing Pac-Man far too much recently, and i wish more people would play it or something.
-I try to keep normal, pleasant conversations going on the internet, but i constantly forget that pleasant practically doesn't exist on the internet, and all I get is confusion and frustration.
-I normally don't get mad unless someone completely gets something the wrong way.
-I just want everyone to be happy, so I keep buying people steam games all the time when i should be saving up.
-I don't like half of my rl friends no matter how hard I try

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1227
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 07:01

- I didn't have reliable Internet access until 2010. Much of anything before that is foreign to me.
- I have a satchel/messenger bag that I carry everything in, including my computer, graph paper, several cords and pencils, and whatever else I need for the day. On top of that, I have more stuff in my pockets.
- I got a 32 on the ACT (standardized test, scores out of 36, average is ~20).
- My dad pastors a church, and is a chaplain in the National Guard.
- My mom used to homeschool me. I did K and 1st grade in the same year, but 8th and 9th took three total. At eleventh grade, I went off to smart school (first public school contact), and I'm now in college.
- We adopted my cousin about nine or ten years ago - he's now my brother. He's in public school, and wants to be a chef. He's a year and a half younger than I am.
- I love to hear stories, but I don't really have any of my own yet.
- I hate Coke and Dr. Pepper, but I love root beer.
- I sincerely did NOT want a girlfriend or anything to do with that kind of thing until around January of last year. I completely refused the thought.
- My default username used to be dragon_kirby.
- It wasn't until the internet that I made the connection between WillWare and WiiWare. It was originally based on WarioWare.
- I spend as little of my time at the dorm as possible, instead opting to go to my friends' apartment.
- When I am here, and my neighbors are playing loud music, I retaliate with video game music. They usually stop within two songs. (Yes, I've asked nicely before. They didn't respond nicely.)
- It takes a repetitive habit to get me angry. If something is done to me once, I usually cool off in a couple of minutes, but each successive time makes things worse.
- I weigh 100 pounds. And I'm in college. Yep.

0>0
User avatar
Posts: 211
Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 00:06

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 10:17

ok i'll try...
-i'm from egypt and trying to learn english in school and in this forum too.
-i hate grammar and i don't always type capital.
-i was had two birds one killed the other then i call him the killer the killer bird then we give him two more birds then two of the three birds dead i don't remember which dead then the other one dead after few days.:(
-my hair is black and dark like a lot of people.
-i hate school very much but i know i must study for my future and also i'm in the final test my summer holiday will start march 4th.
Last edited by 0>0 on 01 Dec 2014, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1387
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 10:24

- I have a scar on my chin which i received after accidentally stabbing myself with a pencil between my right hand fingers.

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1686
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 13:55

- The first language I learned was spanish (and I believe i didn't go to any special place to learn english).
- I used to make comics since I wanted to become a comic book artist but then I decided to make games.
- And I used to draw a lot, like, A LOT. Sometimes I drew game concepts and now I can make them actual games.
- I'm skinny compared to most people.
HugoBDesigner wrote:- I learned coding all by myself

Firaga
User avatar
Posts: 944
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 16:05

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 15:34

- I get very impatient with people when I tell them what to do and they aren't listening. This just INFURIATES me.
- I am a lazy person, even though it might not look like it.
- I'm terrified of people saying "no" to something, so most of the time, I don't ask people for help.
- I'm an unsociable prick, except when a topic I know about comes in, then I'd talk all day.
- I've never rated more than a 2/10.
- My last name (Gauthier) comes from French herritage, but I know very little French.
- I've barely any friends, other than a few unnamed people on this forum, and my best friend "Ink". (by friends, I mean talk to on a daily basis, all of you on SYS are friends to me, but these people are much more.).

EDIT:
- I have a lot of anxiety problemt, like I'm scared of people telling me I'm wrong about something. Even about small things, it makes me feel like I did something horrific and their gonna hate me for the rest of their life, and other members will pile up on that too.
- I have a small fear of heights, like, if there's a guard rail or something, I'm fine. But if there isn't, I'd probably freak out.
Last edited by Firaga on 28 Apr 2014, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 652
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 16:23

- I'm a (male) flaming homosexual
- I'm not actually funny
- I found out about SYS by seeing the Mari0 trailer on meme base; A website barely go to and haven't gone to for about a year or more.
- I'm somehow capable of being fairly antisocial and social at the same time. I have plenty of really good friends but I never say much cos I never have much to talk about.
- I don't actually play that many video games but I wish i could.
- I'VE DRAWN DICKS

yaaaaaay

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1466
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 21:44

The only thing I can think of is that I'm 15 and 6 foot 3.

Everyone else's facts have been super interesting though

Jorichi
Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 999
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 22:32

- I'm a (man) flaming heterosexual.
- I've been looking for my potential, the thing I'm good at or most interested in. Therefor I have tried many things. So far digital drawing/painting stuck the longest, I wish I had more time to put into that.
- I'm a terrible sleeper. And I mean terrible, really terrible. Coffee has become my blood.
- I found Stabyourself.net while looking at coding (I focussed on Lua/Löve), hoping it would be one of those things I might like... I stuck around for the release of Mari0. The coding wasn't my thing at all, but at least I found this place. So there is that.
- I have a goatee.
- I found out about MLP for my interest in animations, I realized I really liked the show and its style.
- I love retro games. Mainly NES and SNES games. My NES game collection is now way over 100 individual games (I lost count, but it's definitely over that 100 mark).
- I play MtG and MLP:CCG with a few friends of mine. Mostly MtG though. And various boardgames. Every now and then we come together on a weekend to play.
- When on a staircase going up, I always skip a step each step I take, unless the steps are too big to do so.
- I've seen a man nearly burn to death in an pure oxygen related fire.
- I'm the executive high-five officer of stabyourself.
- I hate my life, mostly because of the second fact stated in this list, but don't worry I have my things to distract me (games, mlp, other shows, drawing, some of you guys, music). Though I have learned to stay strong and roll with the punches. But it can cause me to come across a bit pessimistic at times.
- I haven't give up on Scrappers, the idea is being reworked.
- Pigs can't look up.
- There is a certain type of frog in the desert (can't remember which one) that bury themselves for decades and wait for rain.
- I'm a quiet person in general.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 23:26

Woah all of your stuff is like insanely interesting to me

mindnomad (without the colors) wrote:-I try to keep normal, pleasant conversations going on the internet, but i constantly forget that pleasant practically doesn't exist on the internet, and all I get is confusion and frustration.
[...]
-I just want everyone to be happy, so I keep buying people steam games all the time when i should be saving up.

This makes me sad. I don't quite understand it because most people here are pleasant and on like group chats and stuff we don't take anything seriously enough to be unpleasant... I hope you change your mind though because you seem like a pleasant person I think I mean that's really surprising to me I hope you feel better
^
-I occasionally have rational thoughts I swear

As far as what you said here, it seems to me like there is a general feeling of happiness out of what I see. At the very least I am happy. Buying steam games isn't going to spread happiness. It's nice, but being a friend, and just being happy yourself, is what really spreads the happiness. I hope you're happy, because it sounds to me like you aren't exactly sure what happiness is? I don't know; I hope you're okay though because you're my friend and you being happy makes me happy.

-I don't know how not to be happy. really haven't taken much of anything seriously enough to be offended by it and whenever I have a reason to be sad I don't know how to be so unless it's really bad (which I'll just drop out of everything for a few days and then randomly stop being sad it's weird) I just stay happy because of all the things that make me happy
-I love life
HugoBDesigner wrote:- I learned coding all by myself

-Programming came naturally to me just (like math and stuff... which is why I'm 2 grades ahead in math and still don't learn anything) so I guess this applies to me too
Sašo wrote:- I have a scar on my chin which i received after accidentally stabbing myself with a pencil between my right hand fingers.

-I have a scar from falling on a nail when I was three, but it only shows up when I smile >:D

...When I noticed it like 5 years ago I asked my mom and she said I tripped and fell down the stairs. Turns out she accidentally pushed me and then lied to me about it. I'm not surprised, but it's funny.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 23:27

I'm not done. Sorry for this huge sculpture of conversation, colors, and random crap about each other.

Firaga wrote:- I've never rated more than a 2/10.

This was great. Thanks for the laughs :D
[WillWare said stuff]

- I supposedly didn't have internet for most of 2012 which is why I wasn't on the forums for the most part during that time. It was probably for the best though because I was a brainwashed 12 year old moron.
- My dad is LL Cool Tim and he's like this absolutely amazing person who is also like an exaggerated version of me. Yes, this includes my amazing sense of humor.
- I have lots of stories and when me and WillWare talk our conversations are awesome
- Neverputt is the only reason I live with regrets This was true for about 9 months
Jorichi (without the colors) wrote:- I'm a (man) flaming heterosexual.
- I've seen a man nearly burn to death in an pure oxygen related fire.
- I'm the executive high-five officer of stabyourself.

- I'm a heterosexual male who is not currently on fire.*
- OH SHIT I DID NOT EXPECT TO READ THIS AFTER COMING UP WITH THE FLAMING HETEROSEXUAL JOKE I AM SO SORRY
Seriously though, that sounds really scary Jorichi... is everyone okay? I hope so, but based on your description... that really sucks dude.
- I'm the main moderator of our stabyourself steam group chats that have been going on consistently for a really long time now.

*I say "heterosexual" in that I've fallen in love with a girl before and I don't think I've fallen in love with a guy... but I'm still downright terrible with this kind of thing and also I have almost no concept of being attracted to what someone looks like. I can barely tell whether someone is "pretty" or not. It's weird.


Random tidbit:

-I'm semi-ambidextrous. I can't write with my left hand but I can do most sports and other activities with both hands.
Implying I can actually do sports. Pffft. I actually do like gym class, and I'm pretty good at most sports. I prefer spending my free time on music and with you guys than being on a sports team though.

inb4 Turtle95 quotes "other activities"
Last edited by B-Man99 on 22 Dec 2014, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.

Firaga
User avatar
Posts: 944
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 16:05

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 23:39

Round 2: Electric Boogaloo

- I'm a flaming bisexual.
- I am scared of loud noises (even a balloon popping frightens me).
- I'm very emotional sometimes.
- I'm a heavy reader.
- I love fruit or anything ice-cold.
- I can't stand not doing anything. To me, just sitting and not doing anything is a waste of time.
- I have asthma.
- I'm still into Yu-Gi-Oh.
- I got electrocuted once.
- I'm a gambler. Not like "I bet my house, my car, my life, and my first born son" gambler, but sometimes I take extreme risks.

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1227
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 00:11

Firaga wrote:Round 2: Electric Boogaloo

- I got my first smartphone this past January. It's a Galaxy S3.
- I have a desktop computer that I never use because my tablet is faster and more powerful (heck, I even stream from it, can't say that about the desktop).
- I'm VERY afraid of heights.
- I have a strange desire to meet one of the people I know here on the forums in real life.
- When I was ten, a hurricane came through my area. It didn't do much physical damage, but I went absolutely crazy paranoid. The effects still linger... I'm not necessarily afraid of storms, but of random things that are unlikely to happen.
- Despite being in college, and despite playing Mario Kart better than anyone around, I can't drive. I have a permit and that's it.
- I only have two people I can really call my friends at college, and they're both from high school anyway. Most of the people are rather boring. And of the many friends I made in high school, I only speak with one on a regular basis any more. Hopefully that changes soon, as a couple of them will come here next year.
- I love video games, but I haven't played them much recently. Not because I've been busy, either. I'm not entirely sure.
- I'm always self-conscious of what I say about myself out of fear of sounding like I'm bragging, or dumping too much on people, or complaining.
Firaga wrote:- I can't stand not doing anything. To me, just sitting and not doing anything is a waste of time.

Jorichi wrote:- I'm a quiet person in general.

And both of these.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 00:13

WillWare wrote:- I have a strange desire to meet one of the people I know here on the forums in real life.

I want to meet every single one of the people on here who I consider myself friends with or is still a main part of the community otherwise

rokit
User avatar
Posts: 2108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 00:26

-I fluently speak Polish and English (I also have family in Germany)
-I spend my whole day playing football manager or watching streams
-I have the teeth of an inbred but I am not inbred
-I'm 13 (nearly 14) and shorter than 8-9 year olds
-I'm really squeaky
-I usually sleep around 2-4 hours everyday
-I'm really good at maths
-I have several illnesses that affect my growth
-I sometimes get scared of being alone in the house
-I have an obsession with Flags, Countries, Capitals etc. especially Portugal and Brazil. (i know wut)

my final one(s):

-I am not actually that much of a gamer and I was never so into retro games as I made out I was.
-(i said this in the stys steam chat and got so much hate) I usually have a bad opinions to people who watch animes (and aaaaaaa, but only when people do it for attention or because the majority of the community they are a part of are aaaaaaa) (i will get so much shit for this)

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 00:46

The reason why you're getting shit for it is because you're judging the people for their interests.

I would expect you to get just as much shit for saying that you typically love people just because they watch animes or MLP.
Well at least equal shit from me.

I'm not going to judge though. Just please judge people based on their character and how they act rather than just what TV shows they watch.

I only hate you because you say "stys" instead of "sys"
Jerk.

...XD (No I don't actually hate you)

EDIT: While we're on the subject, I get ticked off when people are bothered by other peoples' opinions or find "disagreement" a bad thing.
Discussing and debating opposing opinions is fine by me too, as long as it's in a good environment and nobody is forcing anything on anyone.

tl:dr READ THIS POST I ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THIS STUFF

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2126
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 02:01

I don't like Animes either, and I have nothing against people who like it. I just don't like people that ONLY talk about Animes. I mean, it's just nonsense for me... My cousin, for example, sometimes only talk about Naruto, and nothing else. Then I don't like these people.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 02:06

I saw a licence plate that spelled 'rokiit' today.
Hmm

Otherwise,
-I'm horrible with money. Absolutely terrible. I give away things at low prices and buy things that don't make sense sometimes.
-Relating to the previous statement, I have 80+ Nerf guns. I stopped collecting them a year ago.
-I have glasses.
-I'm good at math like everyone else on this forum. (I find that Honors Algebra 2 is very boring- right now, that's the highest math level that I can take. For a freshman.)
-I have no sense of how loud I am sometimes. I may be yelling and people don't seem to hear me, or I may be 'quietly' raging and people tell me to shut up.
-Regardless of being shy most of the time, I'm starting to step up and become a leader in certain things.
-I find the MLP series to be much better than average girl's show, but it hardly interests me.
-Unlike the 95% of the high school population, I don't have a phone. I just don't have an interest.
-I WILL RAISE MY KIDS ON CONSOLE GAMES, NOT STUPID SMARTPHONE GAMES.
-I spell and pronounce things oddly. But I have a great vocabulary, though. (I don't express it a lot since I often pronounce it wrong, too.)
-I'm hosting mini game tournaments between my 3 friends every 2 months.
-I normally can't have more than 1 'best' friend. This year is an exception.
-I have a very large family. 10 siblings in total.
-I'll never post my picture of myself.
-I despise media.
-I hate the term 'selfie'
-I'm not that heavy of a sleeper, nor light. The best way to wake me up is to simply call my name. I wake up to alarm clocks and stuff, though- just not someone puking upstairs at 3 AM.
Last edited by Cake on 12 Oct 2015, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 02:24

I had 11 siblings. Had. I have 8 now though. They're all in their mid to late 20s and half of them got married last year.

Oh man you get "Honors" "Math?" I'd say I wish I was you but I'm already in trig because benefits and it's awesome making jokes in class and not actually taking it seriously because I already know the stuff. Next year is precalc for me so I should be actually learning new stuff; that'll be a blast I would imagine :D

I have a rather interesting friend circle so I would sometimes have more than 1 "best friend" so to speak... actually that's been a given since I can remember, but Nate's the one that you guys know and who I actually like am constantly interacting with and who is like the best person ever
I mean he's freakin' NJ Holt
I enjoy rubbing it in :P

I will continue the Stockwell tradition of raising children (my nieces and nephews since I don't really plan on having children) ON THE "PC GAMING MASTER RACE, NOT STUPID iSHIT"
I've been raised on the belief in PC Gaming all my life. Really. I swear my dad might have even uttered the phrase "PC Gaming Master Race" back when I was 6 and playing Winnie The Pooh's adventure or some other terrible education game made for 9 year olds that he made me play at 6 instead.
Well I wouldn't exactly know for sure whether he said that phrase or not but I'd be a lot less than surprised if he did.
Console games are really great too though, especially the old ones. Definitely better than iShit. So I totally don't mind people that prefer console gaming.

Thanks for sharing though technetium cake man. I love the part where you said
imaginary cake wrote:-I find the MLP serise to be much better than average girl's shows

imaginary cake wrote:-I spell and pronounce things oddly

Is it like a syringe except it's a serise
I don't even know

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 02:43

Technically, my Honors Algebra 2 is a blend of Algebra 2 and Trigonometry, in addition to taking Honors Precalculus next year.
Also:
By consoles, I meant basically anything but smartphones. I really want to raise whatever children on stuff like the Gamecube, though...

(I know for a fact that opinions about having children can change. I'm just going to put it down as at some point in my life, I will have to guide a lost child on what is right in life.)

Vakema123
User avatar
Posts: 423
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 21:24

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 02:52

-I try to keep calm with most things, but there are a few things that really get to me. Some of you have seen this.
Here they are, in no particular order.

Self Deprecation
Disliking people for their opinion/no reason
Gender rules
Forcing your opinion upon others
Self-Importance
Refusing to listen
Stereotypes
Racism
Homophobia/any of this bullshit

There are probably a few more, but I cant think of them right now.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 03:00

Vakema123 wrote:[Things that get to me... are] Self Deprecation

B-Man99 wrote:[I] use ironic self deprecating humor about it like I do everything else

Friendship.
...
As long as it's ironic and not-at-all serious it's okay right

Vakema123
User avatar
Posts: 423
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 21:24

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 03:05

B-Man99 wrote:
Vakema123 wrote:[Things that get to me... are] Self Deprecation

B-Man99 wrote:[I] use ironic self deprecating humor about it like I do everything else

Friendship.
...
As long as it's ironic and not-at-all serious it's okay right


I mean serious self deprecation. I mean seriously, I hate it. It's just awful.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 03:06

Yeah I know. I hate it too.
I'm going to be a bit blunt here: It's fucking terrible.

I was hoping you would say something funny but I guess saying that is pretty important so yeah.

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2126
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 03:16

More about me... I think...

- I used to make theater when I was younger, and I was (and still am) a very good actor. I won the "Best Actor" prize in a theater festival on my city. I was the villain...
- Although I do have a Facebook account, I visit it in an average of 0.5 - 1 times a month (translating: 1 or 2 times every 2 months). I just hate going to Facebook to see what others are doing...
- I've had crush in dozens and dozens of girls (I'm really weird), but this is the very first time I feel it is love :3
- I'm TERRIBLE at sports. TERRIBLE! But I am (or at least used to be) very, very fast. I was one of the 3 fastest students of my school...
- I always was into computers, since I first got one. I used to make games on Power Point. And, to my age, my computer processor and resources, I was VERY good at it xD
- I never kissed a girl (nor a boy, before you say something). I once kissed one (GIRL!), but it was just a "quick peck" (Google translated it...)
- The last time I went to the movies I was alone, but really enjoyed it (I watched Iron Man 3)...
- I'm VERY sociable, and, although I used to have more friends, the ones I still have are REALLY good friends...
- I used to know all (or most) of the elements of the Periodic Table
- I have two best friends: a boy and a girl. With the boy I talk mostly of boys things, like cars, for example. With the girl, I talk a lot about Science, like Einstein's Relativity Theories or Theoretical Quantum Physics (yes, I'm REALLY nerd)
- I believe in Extra-Terrestrial life. Not that they're monsters that abduct human beings, but that there are a lot of planets with life out there, being it intelligent or not
- For a VERY long time, until not long ago, I had a big fear of darkness...
- I never traveled to another country
- I HATE fishing, but my dad loves. He used to call me and my youngest brother (he's 2 years older than me) to go fishing. I usually stayed on top of a tree drinking some soft drink while they fished
- I aggressively HATE when people treat me as if I were dumb. ARRGHHH!! Don't make it with me, guys >:(
- My favorite music is "Mr. Blue Sky", by Electric Light Orchestra. I started liking it after reading the fan fiction "Blue Sky", and now it is basically the ONLY music I listen to.
- I used to make YouTube videos of special effects, but they were just shit. Thanks, God, I deleted them... I took a lot of inspiration from MysteryGuitarMan at that time, so I used to make videos of that kind...
- I have a secret project for an hologram projector that might work just like in those Sci-Fi movies, but only my best friends and the girl I like know about it. DON'T TELL ANYONE! Shhhh...

OrbitalBlueprint
User avatar
Posts: 601
Joined: 08 Sep 2013, 20:11

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 11:39

-I hate T-Shirts that have pictures and/or text on them, I prefer plain ones. Except for my Aperture hoodie.
-I loved playing the Fancy Pants Adventures. I wanted to learn how to make games thanks to that.
-An online friend of mine suggested the username 'OrbitalBlueprint'.
-I have a lot of internet names, such as 'QuantumPlatypus' and 'ApertureChris'.
-I live in Luxembourg, a country between Germany and Luxembourg.
-I taught myself how to draw and how to read English.
-I used to be in love with the Harry Potter books, but that kind of dropped.
-I love Doctor Who, but I hate the 'Whovians'.
-I like cheesecake.
-I had an account on here before.

EDIT:
-I forgot to mention that I like to multiply 2 by 2 and then 4 by 2 and then 8 by 2 etc... the furthest I've gotten uninterrupted was 2^27
Last edited by OrbitalBlueprint on 29 Apr 2014, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 652
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 12:32

-I literally wrote an 'essay' in year 10 about why I think sport is a piece of shit voluntarily for a relief phys-ed teacher that we had to keep for an entire term because they were one of those PE teachers who go 'just give it a try' even if you already have a million times.
- I've never been outside of Western Australia, therefore not even having been to another state in my country let alone a different one.
- last year I played the role of the evil stepmother for a pantomime of cinderella for school. we used turbans for my breasts. turbo turban titties.
- I have like sixteen boxes full of lego pieces, mostly of Bionicle and Hero Factory. I have collected most sets in bionicle, with a 100% collection of all series starting from Phantoka onwards. I have every single Hero Factory set available in Western Australia to this date.
- I'm allergic to bee stings, making them the only thing I'm afraid of, and I always cover my neck if there is one around.
- I'm diagnosed ADHD (Attention deficit hyperactive disorder), meaning I get distracted a lot and hyper without my medication. I also have diagnosed high anxiety, and technically have autism, but it wasn't officially diagnosed by psychiatrist due to it not causing problems.
- If I could live in Canada with my friends and family, I would do it immediately because Australia's government is fucked and most of the stereotypes about Canada actually seem to be true...
- If I ever tell a smart joke It's likely that I didn't make it up myself.
- related to my third point, I'm very good at dressing as a girl and being believable aesthetically.

Automatik
User avatar
Posts: 1076
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 17:54

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 13:28

  • I should really draw more.
  • I don't watch MLP, though I read and like Homestuck.
  • I'm good at math and sciences, but crap at literature and history/geo. I think it's because I'm bad at remembering lists of stuff.
  • I'm also terrible at sports.
  • My psychologist suspected that I'm "autistic" just a few month ago. My parents tried a few psychologists but only the last one saw something wrong. Looking at the wikipedia page, I guess it look more like Asperger syndrome than something else.
  • The name "Automatik" came from a dumb joke with a friend.
  • I'm french.
  • I suck at German. It's the thing I'm worst at.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 21:29

Darn it Auto you had to show us all up with your fancy bullets didn't you
Not going to lie I'm not exactly sure how to do those with phpBB
...
. I'm into a lot of stuff but I don't really have one particular show/fandom that I'm any more than casually interested in. I've read Homestuck; I've seen some animes; I love xkcd; I occasionally watch MLP; but I'm only obsessed with music (and videogames too as like art not just a pasttime), and I'm not particularly in any fandom. The stabyourself community takes place of that kind of thing I guess.
. I have terrible person syndrome.
Rant where I non-jokingly respond to what people said:
In all seriousness though, I'm not completely surprised that some people here mention ADHD and autism et cetera, but I've always thought of some of the "classifications" that psych-people say are blatantly unnecessary. I could share a rather long story about when I was younger and supposedly got tested for stuff but I think of people as people and having something or not having something doesn't change who you are in the slightest, so even though I never actually knew whether I fit into any "diagnosis" or not, I don't really care, and I think that there's a line between being diagnosed because of something being a problem, and just being classified for no important reason at all. The latter doesn't sit right with me, but there are worse things. If you have a kid in school that seems to get distracted a little easier than the norm, and then you have another kid who has been diagnosed ADHD, why would the kid with ADHD be dealt with any differently than the "simply distracted" one.
I honestly just don't see the point in a lot of this stuff. Partially because my mom told me she wanted me to go see psychologists so that she could have a better understanding of my behavior.
I'm your fucking kid. If you really need some doctor that doesn't know me well at all to connect my behavior or some shit then what on earth happened to parenting.

Sorry for my rant, I just saw a lot of people saying stuff about autism and ADHD and it got to me...
I wonder if I'm offending any psychologists right now. That would be awesome.

Okay what else have people been saying
OH I KNOW
. I'm American. I live in Upstate New York. For those that aren't aware, New York is also a state, not just the name of a city. I live pretty close to a major mountain range (which is really awesome by the way I love hiking), and my house is right across from a farm. Still only 15 minutes from a city and like 20 from the state border though... it's a really hard area to explain. Nice though. I like it.
OrbitalBlueprint wrote:Except for my Aperture hoodie.

All I have to say is that if there is ever an exception to hating something then the Aperture Science version is the best exception there can be.

Vakema123
User avatar
Posts: 423
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 21:24

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 22:04

B-Man99 wrote: I'm American. I live in Upstate New York. For those that aren't aware, New York is also a state, not just the name of a city. I live pretty close to a major mountain range (which is really awesome by the way I love hiking), and my house is right across from a farm. Still only 15 minutes from a city and like 20 from the state border though... it's a really hard area to explain. Nice though. I like it.


Same, except I live in the middle of nowhere while simultaneously being within 30 minutes of 3 major cities. also 15 minutes away from ^this guy's house.

Doormat
User avatar
Posts: 300
Joined: 20 Aug 2013, 02:33

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 22:04

- Male
- Straight
- Athiest
- I like spicy foods

that's pretty much it

jwright159
User avatar
Posts: 465
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 22:30

-MLP broke my brain; ML Dashie gives me seizures
-Male
-age 12
-have a youtube channel (iamjwright159) w/ stolen videos and one (the first one) that I made
-I'm REALLY grateful for everyone here
-obsessed with MLP
-im fat
-I like computers; try and take it away and you get arrested
-I don't have internet
-I'm learning how to code on Khan Academy
-I'm a Christian
-God Bless 'Murica
-I once got the latest post on all of the forum games at once

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 22:56

jwright159 (without the colors) wrote:-have a youtube channel (iamjwright159) w/ stolen videos and one (the first one) that I made
-I'm REALLY grateful for everyone here
-obsessed with MLP
-im fat
-I don't have internet
-I'm a Christian
-God Bless 'Murica

- I once got the latest post on all of the forum games at once

- We already know :P
- Thanks! We are not grateful for you in any way [/terrible sarcasm]
- We definitely know by now
- Yes. yes you are.
- How the hell...?
- I'm an American Christian too. I'm not religious though. I have really unique morals and views on a lot of stuff so I wouldn't be able to associate myself with any large group of people like Christians or Americans or such
- You had to remind us.
*freezes and dramatically stares off into space, shivering in pain recalling a traumatic experience that he only wishes to forget forever*

jwright159
User avatar
Posts: 465
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 22:59

B-Man99 wrote:
jwright159 wrote:I don't have internet

- How the hell...?

I don't have internet at home, but my mom has an iPhone 5 and I stay after school for aprox. 3 hours

Automatik
User avatar
Posts: 1076
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 17:54

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 23:16

B-Man99 wrote:Rant where I non-jokingly respond to what people said:
In all seriousness though, I'm not completely surprised that some people here mention ADHD and autism et cetera, but I've always thought of some of the "classifications" that psych-people say are blatantly unnecessary. I could share a rather long story about when I was younger and supposedly got tested for stuff but I think of people as people and having something or not having something doesn't change who you are in the slightest, so even though I never actually knew whether I fit into any "diagnosis" or not, I don't really care, and I think that there's a line between being diagnosed because of something being a problem, and just being classified for no important reason at all. The latter doesn't sit right with me, but there are worse things. If you have a kid in school that seems to get distracted a little easier than the norm, and then you have another kid who has been diagnosed ADHD, why would the kid with ADHD be dealt with any differently than the "simply distracted" one.
I honestly just don't see the point in a lot of this stuff. Partially because my mom told me she wanted me to go see psychologists so that she could have a better understanding of my behavior.
I'm your fucking kid. If you really need some doctor that doesn't know me well at all to connect my behavior or some shit then what on earth happened to parenting.

Sorry for my rant, I just saw a lot of people saying stuff about autism and ADHD and it got to me...
I wonder if I'm offending any psychologists right now. That would be awesome.

Well it's true that people with mental problems are actually more complex than their problems, but they are still a part of what they are. The classifications aren't here for nothing. And we're in a topic named "Facts People Wouldn't Know Otherwise", it seem appropriate.
And ADHD is more severe than mild distraction problems.
And the kid with ADHD should be dealt differently, as in we should excuse him if he don't pay attention, because it's not because he's a arrogant douchebag.
Also, there isn't a school for parenting, so parent might not know how to raise their child if he has a mental disorder.(Ex: if a child is autistic, should the parents try to push him to socialize, or should they let him?)

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 23:36

Automatik wrote:And the kid with ADHD should be dealt differently, as in we should excuse him if he don't pay attention, because it's not because he's a arrogant douchebag.

Sorry if my ADHD comparison wasn't accurate; I don't know a lot about it. I was trying to imply that the kid in the example that wasn't diagnosed also had ADHD, just not officially.
I wasn't saying that I'm against people saying stuff about having mental classifications. I was actually saying the opposite, that they ARE something people on the forums wouldn't know otherwise.
Automatik wrote:Also, there isn't a school for parenting, so parent might not know how to raise their child if he has a mental disorder.(Ex: if a child is autistic, should the parents try to push him to socialize, or should they let him?)

In my opinion, a doctor/psych-person's advice based on a classification could never be more helpful then a parent's ideas based on their values and what they know about their child.
Speaking from personal experience, I've had a ton of shit happen to me because of having to follow councilors' advice which was given after only being exposed to a very biased view of the situation, whereas if the people involved in the situation had been able to just do what they thought was best as parents/children, it would have worked out a lot better.

I don't know. Sorry if I completely screwed up my examples but the main point still stands

Automatik
User avatar
Posts: 1076
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 17:54

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 23:47

Yeah but the psychiatrists actually studied mental disorders and know what is needed to make the life of the person easier and better. Example, kiashi can take meds to avoid suffering from ADHD.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 30 Apr 2014, 00:16

Well yeah if it's something serious enough to give meds for it by all means go for it

I'm just saying like there's a difference between throwing up once and throwing up 10 times
Also that there's also a difference between throwing up due to a medical condition and throwing up because you ate 462 goldfish crackers
The one I keep trying to explain but suck at explaining is that if someone throws up 10 times, you don't need a doctor to tell you they're extremely sick, you need a doctor to tell you why.
Also I suck at metaphors.

If I sound like an idiot it's most likely my way of explaining my opinion that's idiotic not the opinion itself sorry

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 30 Apr 2014, 00:21

When things get too deep, I leave.
Starting to drown in personal stories a bit.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 30 Apr 2014, 00:31

Not exactly sure what you mean by that but can we get back to the actual topic of this thread please
I think that's what you were saying at least and i meant to say that but I forgot to

Firaga
User avatar
Posts: 944
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 16:05

Post » 30 Apr 2014, 01:42

[deleted]
Last edited by Firaga on 21 Aug 2016, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 30 Apr 2014, 02:13

We love you too <3
Thanks for letting us know, but I couldn't possibly think of you any differently just because you're "technically" not a girl. Also, I doubt anyone would blame you for calling yourself a girl without completely explaining.
Honestly I'll still think of you as a girl unless you don't want me to or unless like that isn't correct(?) I don't know much about this stuff.

LightningFire
User avatar
Posts: 1907
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24

Post » 30 Apr 2014, 02:14

That sure did shock me, but I completely respect that.

- Yes I'm straight.
- There are many people in this forum whom I secretly admire.
- There's a huge difference on how people think of me in the internet and in real life, just because of how I look.
- I don't see other people any differently just because of their likings and feelings.
- I sometimes suffer from either loneliness or way too much attention.
- The only people who I really hate are the bad kind of trolls around the internet. You know, the ones that enjoy seeing other people suffer, knowing they have some kind of problem.
- I will only consider my art good when I can just go and see it one day, and actually be really proud of it.
- There are some times where I like to imagine a perfect world, without any worries or problems.
- I don't have many friends, but I can assure you they're all for life.
- I really don't know what to do with my life anymore.
Last edited by LightningFire on 30 Apr 2014, 02:14, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Twatter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rock or something, State sponsored guitar solo and 0 guests