Keep Beating the Dead Horse (Finished?)

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
HugoBDesigner

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 09:08

It was actually in the kitchen (or snack bar, whatever). That's where I got the meal in the very first hospital drawing. But in that drawing it looks more like an corridor, so your scene COULD be true.

Also, nice hair there ;)

Defiant Shout

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 16:23

Hahaha! Even if the slight change in direction of the portal was a change in scene, I love it! You haven't seven seen the second demon jump out yet... lol.

By the way Hugo, the poster was proportioned almost perfectly... although Cake is taller than me. xD
Having the main character, Sundae, be the largest is a common way of expressing who is most important anyways. I think you're great at perspective personally.

Cake

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 16:56

QwertymanO07 wrote:So I know this is unannounced, but I just made something for this. I don't think I should post it, but it probably won't mess anything up continuity-wise. Feel free to completely ignore this if you like because it's so poorly drawn.
I'm pretty sure Hugo's other portal was in the lobby.
I would be fine if this was re-worked, (into something by a real artist) but I don't think it belongs with the other drawings.
So much discussion yesterday...

I also forgot to mention that SFX has been forgotten from about every story except his own, but there's always another panel to be made.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 18:38

Oh no. I forgot him... And, while doing it, I even thought: "I can't forget Saulo!". The problem is that I was taking your image, Cake, as a reference, so I just missed him. I'll add him and re-scan the poster.

Defiant Shout

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 18:45

imaginary cake wrote:
QwertymanO07 wrote:So I know this is unannounced, but I just made something for this. I don't think I should post it, but it probably won't mess anything up continuity-wise. Feel free to completely ignore this if you like because it's so poorly drawn.
I would be fine if this was re-worked, (into something by a real artist) but I don't think it belongs with the other drawings.

I also forgot to mention that SFX has been forgotten from about every story except his own, but there's always another panel to be made.
That's a bit harsh man. You could've just said someone could visually upgrade that image before we added it in. He may be really good at drawing, just not on the internet.
HugoBDesigner wrote:Oh no. I forgot him... And, while doing it, I even thought: "I can't forget Saulo!". The problem is that I was taking your image, Cake, as a reference, so I just missed him. I'll add him and re-scan the poster.
I feel bad for not catching that earlier >_<

TurretBot

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 18:48

imaginary cake wrote:I also forgot to mention that SFX has been forgotten from about every story except his own, but there's always another panel to be made.
He was in the "everyone falls off" picture that hugo made, but we can't really use [Saulo's], since it doesn't make sense (jorichi's gone, its weird)
Last edited by TurretBot on 25 Apr 2014, 00:34, edited 1 time in total.

Assasin-Kiashi

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 19:39

Okay Victini, if we're gonna have a boss battle with me, I'm gonna go RPG final fantasy style final form superboss mode.
GATHER A PARTY OF 4 OR MORE TO FACE THE DEMON, OR ALL SHALL PERISH OR some shit like that doom doom i'll kill everyone.
also drawing ultimate forms of characters is fun sooooo yeaaaaah

idiot9.0

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 19:43

-Insert Sephiroth music here-

Defiant Shout

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 02:24

Assasin-Kiashi wrote:Okay Victini, if we're gonna have a boss battle with me, I'm gonna go RPG final fantasy style final form superboss mode.
GATHER A PARTY OF 4 OR MORE TO FACE THE DEMON, OR ALL SHALL PERISH OR some shit like that doom doom i'll kill everyone.
I was thinking RPG style lmao.
I'm a demon too T^T You better not poke me.
idiot9.0 wrote:-Insert Sephiroth music here-
xD

LightningFire

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 02:55

Well this was a pain to do
Somebody please stop me.

TurretBot

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 03:19

I see my name, but I don't think I'm actually in that picture.

LightningFire

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 03:28

They're all aligned in order, so you're the one in the top right.
I didn't really want them to have the same class, so I just made them different kind of classes.
Victini is the one with the light, quick sword, I'm the one with the heavy two-handed sword, Hugo with his Portal Gun, you as a Black Mage, imaginary cake as the gunsmith, and idiot as the White Mage.
It's just that the image quality is so horrible, and I don't have anything better to take it with.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 03:32

Added in SauloFX to my poster. Sorry, Saulo, for forgetting you :(
Original size

The top line was cut of by some random reason...

Defiant Shout

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 03:45

I made an image. Trying to find the scanner driver for my printer now. Ughh.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it :D
Although the quality SUCKS. I'll leave this to Cake from now on. xD
No LightningFires were hurt in the making of this comic.

Sky

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 04:32

LightningFire wrote:
Somebody please stop me.
Okay. Lemme just take care of that monstrosity for you...

Cake

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 04:45

victinistar wrote:
imaginary cake wrote:
That's a bit harsh man.
Let me emphasize:
QwertymanO07 wrote:because it's so poorly drawn
I wasn't being mean. He made a point that it's not good, and he even mentioned I could ignore it.
QwertymanO07 wrote:Feel free to completely ignore this if you like
I mean, it's funny, and I want to see it included in the timeline, but it's quality/quantity here.
Point being, if it was drawn at a higher quality, I would put it into the timeline.
victinistar wrote:I made an image. Trying to find the scanner driver for my printer now. Ughh.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it :D
Although the quality SUCKS. I'll leave this to Cake from now on. xD
No LightningFires were hurt in the making of this comic.
I can't understand this comic, please explain it.
(And if you manage to explain it, I'll scan it.)
LightningFire wrote:
Somebody please stop me.
I was going to complain that my health was low, then I saw Hugo's.
Assasin-Kiashi wrote:Okay Victini, if we're gonna have a boss battle with me, I'm gonna go RPG final fantasy style final form superboss mode.
GATHER A PARTY OF 4 OR MORE TO FACE THE DEMON, OR ALL SHALL PERISH OR some shot like that doom doom i'll kill everyone.
Dang, Victinistar's going to draw that withering fat Kiashi body all throughout.
I vote that the body dissolves, then reappears during the ultimate sequence.

You guys do a lot without me here.
Last edited by Cake on 25 Apr 2014, 06:10, edited 3 times in total.

Defiant Shout

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 04:49

Yes we do indeed my good friend. Mainly because we don't run for several hours after school.

Cake

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 04:51

I had a track meet today.
They take forever, and I just got home.

Defiant Shout

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 04:52

I have hockey games. They're just 3 hours after school. #pls

MagicPillow

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 05:03

The important thing is that... uhh.. I... uhh... tried?

Cake

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 05:07

Why does everyone assume Turret climbs that ladder?
He's going to make a much smarter decision regarding it.
I also think I'm going to make a 3rd spoiler for the 'scribbles'
(No offence, but if you can't draw on a computer, draw on paper and find a scanner. LF, you really need a scanner.)

Defiant Shout

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 05:44

Lf is using a scanner you pringus.

MM102

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 06:05

I'm pretty sure thats the 3DS camera

Cake

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 06:09

I got all hyped for an 11-panel comic when I saw MM102 post.

'bout the LF way of the scanner...

Yeah, I could easily upload pictures with the 3DS.
Not going to post a picture of myself in the pictures thread, though.

Qwerbey

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 16:51

imaginary cake wrote:Let me emphasize:
QwertymanO07 wrote:because it's so poorly drawn
I wasn't being mean. He made a point that it's not good, and he even mentioned I could ignore it.
QwertymanO07 wrote:Feel free to completely ignore this if you like
I mean, it's funny, and I want to see it included in the timeline, but it's quality/quantity here.
Point being, if it was drawn at a higher quality, I would put it into the timeline.
Actually, I was being sarcastic with the "because it's so portly drawn" thing, hence the small text size; the only reason I wanted people to disregard it is because it was completely unannounced and I didn't want it to mess up the timeline. I knew I should have struck it through.

LightningFire

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 20:10

It actually wasn't taken with the 3DS Camera, I used my iPad.
Come to think of it, I haven't even tried taking it with the 3DS...

Cake

Post » 26 Apr 2014, 01:30

QwertymanO07 wrote:Actually, I was being sarcastic with the "because it's so portly drawn" thing, hence the small text size; the only reason I wanted people to disregard it is because it was completely unannounced and I didn't want it to mess up the timeline. I knew I should have struck it through.
Now I feel terrible.

I mean, I do like it, especially the text in the window, but it's not... complete finished polished.
I hate to be unnacepting like this, but at the same time, I mistook you, and used quotes against you.
That being said, I will not move your drawing from where it is- I have to draw the line of what's a scribble and what isn't, and this didn't pass that line.
But there are other drawing that I added to the main timeline that come near that line, though.

I mean, you don't have to announce anything regarding your drawing either unless it details some of the story, because someone else may be working on the story at the same time.

But if stuff like this actually happens, the timeline will split.
But in the end, I guess it's all just a Twatter story comic.

Other related news includes my new tower drawing's outline going up to Magic Pillow, I only have the newcomers to work with now.

B-Man99

Post » 26 Apr 2014, 01:45

imaginary cake wrote:I would be fine if this was re-worked, (into something by a real artist) but I don't think it belongs with the other drawings.
imaginary cake wrote:real artist
As I saw in the main post if there's really going to be different categories of drawings there should be a difference between "scribble" and "ironic comedy," because mine was supposed to be a joke (since I really cannot do art stuff anyways) hence the captions.

That being said, "art" can be anything and I see a highly detailed drawing as equal to some silly doodle thing that someone made, and also a concept drawing that may not look perfect but
They're all art for different reasons, but they're all art regardless.

As long as continuity stays in place (which I made sure mine did) I say we should just have one time line. I'm shocked that the actual art seemed to become more important than the community behind it for a little while.
Meaningful posts. Wow I guess I actually do make those every once in a while.

Cake

Post » 26 Apr 2014, 08:42

I have resisted posting about the members that I plan to include or the criteria for making it for so dang long.
(I've deleted a few posts before submitting them)
Anyhow, I do have to say that my outline is about 90% done- which basically means that the entire drawing is there, it just needs some polishing.
But it's midnight here, and I haven't caught up on sleep all week.
So, bottom line is that I hope to finish this drawing before the weekend's over.

There was more to this post but I have to constrain myself again.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 26 Apr 2014, 09:25

Since no one remade the logo from my drawing (and it would be boring anyway), I decided to redo it in Paint.NET. It took me FOREVER, but I finished it. If someone wanna use it (it'd be cool in the top of the OP):

Defiant Shout

Post » 26 Apr 2014, 21:21

I hate you for being so good at word art. I could never do it in my lifetime. .-.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 26 Apr 2014, 21:30

victinistar wrote:I hate you for being so good at word art. I could never do it in my lifetime. .-.
Thank you! But now that you talked about it, I realized: I forgot the 4th leg(?) of Sundae on the logo, so here's it fixed:

LightningFire

Post » 26 Apr 2014, 22:24

HugoBDesigner wrote:
victinistar wrote:I hate you for being so good at word art. I could never do it in my lifetime. .-.
Thank you! But now that you talked about it, I realized: I forgot the 4th leg(?) of Sundae on the logo, so here's it fixed:
Woah, I never noticed the letters actually resembled a pony until now. Nice job on it.

Defiant Shout

Post » 26 Apr 2014, 22:51

HugoBDesigner wrote:
Woops xD
LightningFire wrote:Woah, I never noticed the letters actually resembled a pony until now. Nice job on it.
Lol. It's all based on Joruichi's OC after all :P

popcan12

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 03:47

Inked version of some of LF's trend pictures. (I'll add to this trend someday).
Last edited by popcan12 on 28 Apr 2014, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.

Defiant Shout

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 03:51

I guess it's useful :P

If anyone's delaying because of me or someone else, don't. I'm too lazy to start on anything over a weekend. I do my drawings in class.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 04:06

Wait... Hold on... Did you just made Imaginary Cake with a face?
Other than that, it looks really cool!

@victinistar: I was waiting for you and Cake. I'm going to make the scene where we first talk to Sundae after she woke up.

Defiant Shout

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 04:17

HugoBDesigner wrote:Wait... Hold on... Did you just made Imaginary Cake with a face?
Other than that, it looks really cool!

@victinistar: I was waiting for you and Cake. I'm going to make the scene where we first talk to Sundae after she woke up.
Kay :T

Btw mate, Cake looks nothing like that if that's what is being attempted to be drawn. Although it may have originally been intended to be someone else.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 04:26

popcan based his drawing on Lighting Fire's drawing. Since LF's drawing had a really bad quality (it was not scanned), it was hard to tell what Cake looked like. Pop, if you want to rework Cake (please do it ;) friendly asking), use THIS or THIS as reference.

Cake

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 04:34

I have glasses in reality anyway.

Hugo:
This weekend was too busy for me to finish my drawing, same applies to me about Victinistar:
I draw in class.

But if you wanna know what characters to include next, it's (I suggest you don't read this if you're not making a drawing with other characters)  mindnomad, (the luna avatar) B-Man (Starlow with a pair of 8th notes replacing the star), and Turtle95 (The turtle in the avatars; I did mine based off of http://i.imgur.com/GN8XO.gif 

HugoBDesigner

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 04:43

To make the series continuity more "realistic", as soon as you finish yours I'll update "The fall".
Also, I might say: I cheated. I looked to the characters list but will not make them (well, at least not until you post yours).

So, as soon as I finish an important work here I'll start my next drawing: "Explaining to Sundae what happened".
Also, how are you making the panel thing? Are you making it like a comic book?

Cake

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 05:13

Yeah, I guess I'm arranging the panel-thing like a comic book.
IDK, I'll do it next summer. (When it's a bit more complete)
You can still draw your drawings with the new characters, just don't post them I guess until I post mine.
However, MM102 mentioned an 11-panel drawing that probably will relate to the story, so I highly suggest that you don't add to the story until he gets his up. (He mentioned it was already drawn, just inking, coloring, and scanning was left.)
Speaking of which, how's it going, MM102?

popcan12

Post » 28 Apr 2014, 11:53

HugoBDesigner wrote:popcan based his drawing on Lighting Fire's drawing. Since LF's drawing had a really bad quality (it was not scanned), it was hard to tell what Cake looked like.
Yes, this exactly. I couldn't tell if Cake had a face or not, just like when I was actually inking it, there was a lot of things I wasn't sure of, like the lines of the bed or the chair, so I inked his drawing the best that I could, practicing it.

Cake

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 04:41

I find it odd to base a drawing off of me from that picture (I've drawn myself a couple of times here) but it's all ok.
Anyways, I decided to pull a couple of quotes from the art thread:
Firaga wrote:I would actually buy a comic of that if those five we're in it. (Refers to the original hospital drawings)
It would be an action.

Idiot and Jorichi would be friends with benefits.
Imaginary's Robot-thing would be the one that is trying to find love.
And Hugo and MM both secretly love each other but both hide their feelings.

Yup. An action.
and
Hans1998 wrote:Bonus scene:
*Antilitus appears*
Antilitus: "S'up guys"
Idiot: "Who the hell are you?"
Antilitus: "Oops! Wrong place"
*Antilitus disappears*
and
TheJonyMyster wrote:can i make a cameo
ill be in the hospital room next door with several knives in my chest
Just some ideas if anyone needs any.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 04:53

I should add the girl I like to this story, so no one else says I love MM102. Sorry, MM102, better luck next time ;)

MM102

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 04:56

here, I this was over hyped
http://i.imgur.com/58QO5L7.png
unfortunately I don't have time to properly ink and color this right now as I'm working on other stuff
i.e. this
but I may ink later, or one of you guys can idk

Edit: ninja'd
Edit 2: D; b-but hugo

Defiant Shout

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 04:59

HugoBDesigner wrote:I should add the girl I like to this story, so no one else says I love MM102. Sorry, MM102, better luck next time ;)
You should giver her an alias so you don't reveal her, but it shortens up what you call her. Also, it can be an on-forum only thing :P
MM102 wrote:here, I this was over hyped
http://i.imgur.com/58QO5L7.png
unfortunately I don't have time to properly ink and color this right now as I'm working on other stuff
i.e. this
but I may ink later, or one of you guys can idk

Edit: ninja'd
Edit 2: D; b-but hugo
You ninja'd me >:| THough it looks pretty funny.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 05:02

That looks AMAZING, MM102! You did a really good job. May I finish your colors? I think I could do this :)

MM102

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 05:02

sure, feel free to try

Cake

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 05:16

Woah, that's pretty funny MM102.
It wasn't what I was picturing from your description, (aka I thought this was going to be a chase Kaishi scene) but it fits perfectly.
It would have been better if it was completed, though.

(By the way, Hugo, we haven't added any non-stabyourself characters yet. I almost want to keep that the theme, but new characters could advance the story along.)
I'll go add MM102's picture to the end. (Via scaling, if I can.)

I just love Turret in that last frame.
(It turns out that cheeks are the one thing missing from my drawing of expressions.)

Edit:
Triple-ninja'd.

Double Edit:
Go Hugo, go!