Chat "Room" v3

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
alesan99

Post » 21 Apr 2014, 23:00

bubba_nate wrote:What? Not really. (maybe low rez it wasn't that scary but it was non-low-rez?)
That wasn't sauloFx's avatar, it was an edited version by me.
I used ascii art because I was to lazy to upload an image and as a result I had to reduce the resolution by a lot.
Find higher res pictures here
Well I wasn't exactly scared.
I was about to go to sleep and I didn't want to stare at a creepy face for a lot of minutes.
Last edited by alesan99 on 22 Apr 2014, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.

Sunset_Moth

Post » 21 Apr 2014, 23:43

Oh, smiledog.
That's only vaugely creepy.
Very vaugely.

MM102

Post » 21 Apr 2014, 23:44

need to reply real quick

TurretBot

Post » 21 Apr 2014, 23:51

MM102 wrote:need to reply real quick
overachiever

MM102

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 01:13

alesan99 wrote:
Smear-Gel wrote:
MM102 wrote: 2. I cantsave gif cam gifs in a resolution higher than 256 colors with out that annoying green screen bug :(
I'd love to know if there is a fix for this. I've had that problem too.
I don't think it has to do anything with the program at all.
It's just that gifs can't display more than 256 colors.
http://phil.ipal.org/tc.html

vvv copy pasta vvv
"The mistaken belief that GIF has a limit of 256 colors probably comes from the way GIF was first used when it came out. In the late 1980's, PC video cards generally supported no more than 256 colors. Image exchanges were becoming popular among BBS systems and the Internet and viewer programs were quickly produced. No one tried or needed to generate images with more than 256 colors since they could not be viewed on anything less than high priced graphics workstations. Programs that converted images to GIF worked up a number of methods to reduce the number of colors to 256 or fewer. Some actually did a very good job. GIF files were constructed with just a single image block, even though the GIF standard placed no limit on the number of blocks. Since there was no use for more than 256 colors, there was no use for more than one image block. This practice became effectively ingrained into the computer culture and eventually everyone "knew" that GIF supported no more than 256 colors. The fact is, the programs that generated GIF files supported no more than one image block, and thus didn't have a means to deal with more than 256 colors. The top image shows that a GIF file really can have more than 256 colors."

Sky

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 01:27

mindnomad wrote:So guys, as (I hope) some of you know, I've been making some "superplays" of Mari0 using a modified bullettime that removes the white gradient. Also as some of you (might) know, I've made a TAS (Tool-Assisted Speedrun) of New Super Mario Bros. for the DS. So for me, the first thing I thought when I saw Mari0 for the first time was "This game would look freaking awesome if it was TASed somehow". What would you guys think? Wouldn't something like this be awesome? I'd really to make speedruns of the SMB mappack and community mappacks. Opinions?
I'm a little late on this, but that would be amazing! I don't know why, but I really like TASes (plural of acronym help plz), so seeing our best mappacks pushed to their limits would be astounding. I imagine something like 0'Brothers would be fun to watch, especially since it's one of the more frustrating ones.

And I would definitely be up for it myself... but having not done a TAS before, it would be a learning experience.

Cake

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 01:50

Just a heads up:
I'm not going to be using Steam every other week.
This is because I alternate between computers, as with parents every other week.
And this computer is not allowed to have steam. (For reasons I will not list)

MM102

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 02:44

get a good laptop, trust me its a life saver.

samkostka

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 03:15

Eww, steam on a laptop?

Not a fun experience, trust me.
Just get a Nexus 10 or something like that and game on android.

Oh yeah guys, feel free to add me on Steam and hit me up. It's a bit lonely with just me and Hatninja. Username's the same as here.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 03:42

So, me plus other LÖVE forum members are making some small doodles. I thought it'd be cool to share mines here:

Doodle #1
A mini-game around magnets and balls
Doodle #2
A ball's grid simulator (don't know their name, but it's very well-known)
Doodle #3
A Tetris-like show of falling blocks (or balls or hexagons or triangles. Your choice!)
* My favorite one!
Doodle #4
A simple 3D-ish simulator
What do you guys think?

MagicPillow

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 05:07

samkostka wrote:Eww, steam on a laptop?

What's wrong with having steam on a laptop?

Cake

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 06:02

The fact that I don't have a laptop.

Doormat

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 13:21

My computer is a laptop.
But there's a possibility that I might get a new desktop one... maybe.

Petrichor

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 14:26

Oh yeah guys, feel free to add me on Steam and hit me up. It's a bit lonely with just me and Hatninja. Username's the same as here.
Desktop Replacement.

SauloFX

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 14:39

I play TF2 and a lot of stuff in my laptop, and the experience is like in a normal computer, what's wrong with that?

Flutter Skye

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 16:22

Post which was not gonna be posted, but posted by accident.
Last edited by Flutter Skye on 22 Apr 2014, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.

rokit

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 17:22

Flutter Skye wrote:*pic*
First, I said that Custom enemies should go to the Mapping Sub-Forum because custom enemies are for mappacks., putting it into the modding section would be stupid, since .Json enemies don't require modifying the game files.
Second, I never said I'll get you banned, I told you that if you post it in the modding sub-forum, I will report the post for the wrong sub-forum, and only, since everyone is posting enemies in the mapping forum.
was there really any need to put this here?
i really don't think anyone cares

Sunset_Moth

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 20:44

Where's the better place to post my spritesheet/tileset, Spriter's Resource or MFGG? (I know practically nothing about Spriter's resource but MFGG seems better to me...)

idiot9.0

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 20:50

If it's from a Mario game, official or otherwise, why not post to both sites? They're both really great for spritesheets.

B-Man99

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 21:04

Flutter Skye wrote:Post which was not gonna be posted, but posted by accident.
I couldn't even tell what you were talking about but I've done this so many times. I can relate.

Here's I'll post something I almost posted last night at midnight if it makes you feel better:
B-Man almost wrote wrote:HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
What are we all getting hyped up for you ask?
*death stare* my rejection.

Yes I'm actually excited for this.
REJECTION HERE I COME!
Chris would get the joke but he's too busy MAKING CHILDREN CRY
It's funny because the rejection isn't even until tomorrow so you guys can still get hyped if you want...
The people on the steam chat know what I'm talking about.
Which is why you should join our steam chats. Because they're awesome.
Yes I'm talking to you. BILLY

samkostka

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 22:44

MagicPillow wrote:

What's wrong with having steam on a laptop?
Heat. My poor brother uses my old laptop, can barely play terraria or awesomenauts without overheating.
Although it also idles at 80 C. I should do something about that.

Sunset_Moth

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 23:34

I was thinking of saving up for a laptop after I get this tablet I'm saving up for...
Maybe not.

idiot9.0

Post » 22 Apr 2014, 23:42

It really depends on which laptop you get. Before mine died due to "I-still-don't-know-why-itis", it could handle a plethora of games. It didn't have the best of specs, but it still handled games like Terraria, Spelunky, and even Portal. Granted Portal needed some settings notched down but it still ran it at a decent speed. And none of those games caused any sort of temperature problems at all, even with the power settings on 'high performance'.

If your laptop does get hot though, there are always cooling fans available for them. Just got to search.

Sunset_Moth

Post » 23 Apr 2014, 00:03

Every so often, Tyrosinase's fan starts going really loud and we all make a joke about the laptop taking off.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 23 Apr 2014, 01:13

B-Man99 wrote:It's funny because the rejection isn't even until tomorrow so you guys can still get hyped if you want...

B-Man99

Post » 23 Apr 2014, 01:19

Hahahaha what
I didn't have any opportunities to be rejected today I'm sorry Chris I know how much you've been looking forward to it

inb4 "NO I'M SORRY" and more hostile takeovers of threads with in-jokes

MM102

Post » 23 Apr 2014, 01:26

Trying to set up a working steam account is hard

BobTheLawyer

Post » 23 Apr 2014, 01:32

MM102 wrote:Trying to set up a working steam account is hard
Yay!
I mean...
Yay you are making one....
Sorry it's hard.

Bazvie999

Post » 23 Apr 2014, 13:42

Hello, guys! I have now chosen my offical look! From now on, my avatars will all have that offical look, including all gifs and new icons!

Sunset_Moth

Post » 23 Apr 2014, 18:33

idiot9.0 wrote:If it's from a Mario game, official or otherwise, why not post to both sites? They're both really great for spritesheets.
Do you mean whether I made it from scratch or ripped it from a game? I made it from scratch and loosely based it on DragzeeY's tileset as well as looking at some SMW stuff too.

Also, B-Man99, what is Death Note?

samkostka

Post » 23 Apr 2014, 19:32

Death Note is an anime and manga where the protaganist(?) Light finds a book where if you write someone's name in it, they die. He uses it to kill criminals and tries not to get caught by L, the best detective in japan.

B-Man99

Post » 23 Apr 2014, 23:23

The Clave Story
(Pronounced clah-vay. They're percussion instruments.)
Written by Bruan Stuckwool

Once upon a time there were 2 percussion companies that made instruments such as claves. Their claves in particular were very popular, because of the high quality and high demand. The owners of the two companies had been friends growing up, and would meet up from time to time, by chance or just because they felt like it. They would catch up, talk and laugh, and sometimes play scrabble. Now one time the two friends decided to meet at a really nice diner. Coincidentally, they had both accidentally brought one clave in their pocket. There was a kid at the diner that looks bored, so they gave him the 2 claves and he could make music with them.
It was a nice diner and the kid's parents managed the place, so the two company owners decided to come back every once in a while, bringing the two claves. The claves were different, but they complimented each other and made the music shine. By chance, a man at the diner dropped some business papers at the exact moment that the kid dropped a clave.
"By chance" meaning that any observer might have felt a bit of magic, combined with some slight insanity and jugs and jugs of snapple, in the air.
But anyway, one of the two friends went to pick up the clave for the young boy and then help out the man who dropped the business papers. When he went to pick up the clave, there was a piece of paper underneath it with "merge" in large letters. This reminded the one friend/company owner that he was considering asking his friend to marge the two companies. Looking at the clave gave him a brief chuckle, and then figuring it was a sign, he asked his friend what their thoughts were about merging the companies. The friend found it to be a great idea, and then they started discussing what to do with their different claves. After doing some tests, it was discovered that the clave that had been dropped fell very hard. At the same time though, it was almost as if when the clave had fallen, something inside of it moved and enabled the fall to affect it.What had caused the clave to fall? Ironically it was making music that had caused the clave to fall, ultimately leading to the other clave, which having been made differently broke away the coating which the one friend used. The coating was what had let the clave ring when hit with another to make the music. The fallen clave now only seemed to ring and make the music shine when paired up with the other, right in that diner. It seems no one, even the clave magic that had caused the fall and the damage, could have known the damage would go this far. The companies were merging though, and it seemed that the clave that worked with the damaged one would not be manufactured anymore. It was quite possibly the only one that someone would be able to find anywhere near the diner. That being said, the clave after realizing what its magic had done, suddenly saw how hard he had fallen and couldn't handle it, so another wiff of magic blew it away, out of the diner and into the street. The kid took the clave that worked with it, and had to go home because the diner was closing for the night. The clave that had fallennow lies right off a path next to the street. It would never be able to make music again, unless the other clave's magic led the young kid to it. But the other clave would have no reason to do that, unless they had fallen too. But what are the chances? That fallen clave is out on the street right now, but with how good the music had been, it would still fall even if it could go back and avoid it. It was worth every second and every bit of fall damage so to speak.
Technically it could still be saved, but only one thing could save it and keep the music. Hoping for the best isn't worth it.

My stories are fucking weird. The last one was for a global project (the "1 or 2 page fable" turned into a 9 page psychological epic about the society of the time period) and it ended with a dude spending the rest of his life saving rats from death and harboring them in his small blacksmith shop.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 23 Apr 2014, 23:36

Yeah. Why hope for the best?
If it continues to play music, let it play music.
Otherwise, look back on it happily remembering the good things it brought you.

B-Man99

Post » 23 Apr 2014, 23:41

So basically half of the story is supposed to be really symbolic and the other half is just fucking weird and I don't know what happened but I'm laughing
I said "hey I'm terrible with this stuff but I really really like you" to my crush and then ran away like an idiot after
I also got sick along with the rest of my family and I feel like I'm going to throw up meaning I'm most likely not on for the rest of the day
Thanks for reading my story people
I'm still laughing
Jugs of Snapple.
Jugs and jugs.

Vakema123

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 00:38

B-Man99 wrote: Jugs of Snapple.
Jugs and jugs.
Drowning your sorrows in the Snapple again I see.

"Hey mom, can we get jugs and jugs and jugs and jugs and jugs of Snapple?"

"No."

BobTheLawyer

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 02:04

B-Man99 wrote:I said "hey I'm terrible with this stuff but I really really like you" to my crush and then ran away like an idiot after
I also got sick along with the rest of my family and I feel like I'm going to throw up meaning I'm most likely not on for the rest of the day
Love sick XD

B-Man99

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 02:51

No I'm not lovesick you idiot
Okay fine I am
But
Like my entire family has a stomach bug too
Jugs and jugs.
So fuckin many jugs
I literally don't know how to be sad and since I'm never sad but I just realized that I am sad it's just like "WHAT NOOOO SADNESS HOW DOES THIS WORK" and I'm totally losing it
So many unrelated things I'm saying here but protip: When you're sad don't listen to a song called "Everyone I Love Is Dead"
Or pretty much any song from a soundtrack from a humorous zombie-apocalypse parody strategy videogame.
Don't listen to "French Scrabble" either.
Because that's a song too.
Also a person.
"I swear on my mother's soul I'm not tearing up because of the song it's just I was playing steel drums with my eyes closed so I got pretzel powder on my eyes and I opened them up again"
- B-Man 2014

Steel drumming.

HowToEatGirafes

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 22:06

MM will love my new avatar !

MM102

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 23:55

Please tell me you realize Nobelium's atomic number is 102

HugoBDesigner

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 01:24

Should I change my avatar to Mercury, then? New fad?

Cake

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 04:47

If people start changing their's, I call Technetium.
Or Plutonium...

MagicPillow

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 05:12

I find it funny that in SSBB, you spend pretty much the entire story mode getting to the final boss.
When you finally get there after your long journey, you look and Sonic beat you there all by himself, while it took you a long time with a whole group of people.
It just makes you feel sort of pathetic.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 05:14

I chose Mercury to this avatar fad (not yet, but still) because it's symbol (or abbreviation, whatever) is "Hg".
Got it? "Hg", "Hugo"...

MM102

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 06:09

Di-did I start two fads in a row?
... damn

Cake

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 06:13

If one more person changes their's, I'm on board.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 06:47

Why don't YOU be this person, huh? Help us to grow this fad :D

Flutter Skye

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 10:39

Change you avatar, Mr.Cake.

Automatik

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 10:47

So how is my new avatar?
Au = gold

Trist3D

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 14:31

Darn it guys, I like this idea, but I just changed my avatar.
Anger..

MM102

Post » 25 Apr 2014, 15:04

14 is silicon flutterskye
use 114, Flerovium