Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Chat "Room" v3

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Technochips
User avatar
Posts: 708
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05
Reputation: 199
Contact:

Post » 03 Aug 2016, 20:36

Mariofan064 wrote:Call me your mother

hi mam

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1387
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07
Reputation: 342
Contact:

Post » 03 Aug 2016, 20:51

"Acting" at all is just a recipe for a long term disaster. If people call you out for being a dickhead when being yourself, you'll know for sure there's something wrong with your thought process.

Especially in relationships. If you need to keep up a façade for someone who's supposed to be closest to you, you're just setting yourself up for a bigger disappointment down the line.

Eden GT
User avatar
Posts: 250
Joined: 13 Jun 2015, 08:52
Reputation: 73
Contact:

Post » 04 Aug 2016, 11:02

Ok, I understand.
This is one of the future hacks I'll be creating (W1 already completed). This picture was done with paint.net, but I will try and make the real hack as close to this picture as possible. 6502 ASM will be used. Suggestions and questions are welcome.
Image

Noahkiq
User avatar
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Nov 2015, 19:06
Reputation: 22
Contact:

Post » 08 Aug 2016, 01:14

hi there

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 287
Contact:

Post » 08 Aug 2016, 01:19

Noahkiq wrote:hi there


hey

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4677
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 719
Contact:

Post » 08 Aug 2016, 14:48

WHO ARE YOU IDK WHO THAT IS


OH IT'S A MYSTERY

Noahkiq
User avatar
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Nov 2015, 19:06
Reputation: 22
Contact:

Post » 08 Aug 2016, 18:03

TurretBot wrote:WHO ARE YOU IDK WHO THAT IS


OH IT'S A MYSTERY

i'm not on the STYS discord or anything now shut up turret

Technochips
User avatar
Posts: 708
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05
Reputation: 199
Contact:

Post » 08 Aug 2016, 18:13

you forgot your 64 fedora profile picture

Noahkiq
User avatar
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Nov 2015, 19:06
Reputation: 22
Contact:

Post » 08 Aug 2016, 18:38

Julien12150 wrote:you forgot your 64 fedora profile picture

shh no i didn't

Noahkiq
User avatar
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Nov 2015, 19:06
Reputation: 22
Contact:

Post » 11 Aug 2016, 19:34

welp..
Image
Image
RIP Mariofan..

Technochips
User avatar
Posts: 708
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05
Reputation: 199
Contact:

Post » 11 Aug 2016, 19:35

rip in peperoni
rest in spaghetti
never forgetti
;_;

jumpinglizard
User avatar
Posts: 335
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 22:02
Reputation: 133

Post » 11 Aug 2016, 19:39

It's very sad, to be honest.

Noahkiq
User avatar
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Nov 2015, 19:06
Reputation: 22
Contact:

Post » 12 Aug 2016, 00:42

Maybe not all hope is lost...
Image

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 287
Contact:

Post » 12 Aug 2016, 05:01

Hey now, let's not make this a conspiracy thread.

Embarrassing to admit: I'm grounded for making a Twitter account. :p I'll back in a week. I thought It'd be longer (6 months or a year), just like the last time. Sorry for making it such a big deal.


(typing from my n3ds, just incase you're wondering)

Edit: lol yeah I know you dont care, I just wanted to clear all that up

Edit 2: To keep things from being dated, I'm back. inb4 its more dated
Last edited by MF064DD on 18 Aug 2016, 05:41, edited 1 time in total.

Eden GT
User avatar
Posts: 250
Joined: 13 Jun 2015, 08:52
Reputation: 73
Contact:

Post » 12 Aug 2016, 05:42

Oh no. That sounds horrible. This reminded me of last year when I was grounded PERMANENTLY from the computer (I use it when he's not around) until we moved until this house this year.
This all started when I stole a drink from my cousin's bedroom. Plus many hour-long fights which resulted in bloody wounds.
I really feel bad for you.
P.S. Yesterday I was burned badly by liquid solder iron during tech

HAPPYFACES
Posts: 521
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40
Reputation: 25

Post » 12 Aug 2016, 10:34

Hi. Posting for meaningless updates since I'm genuinely interesting in knowing who's still doing their thing.

Eden GT
User avatar
Posts: 250
Joined: 13 Jun 2015, 08:52
Reputation: 73
Contact:

Post » 12 Aug 2016, 11:14

Me.

Noahkiq
User avatar
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Nov 2015, 19:06
Reputation: 22
Contact:

Post » 12 Aug 2016, 16:50

I've been slowly working on a Super Mario Bros. romhack with alot of inside jokes
Image

Eden GT
User avatar
Posts: 250
Joined: 13 Jun 2015, 08:52
Reputation: 73
Contact:

Post » 15 Aug 2016, 09:17

Hey, anybody want my ~2000+ SMB Hack Collection? I will only distribute it privately.

constachugga
User avatar
Posts: 233
Joined: 30 May 2012, 04:49
Reputation: 396
Contact:

Post » 17 Aug 2016, 13:45

Image meIrl

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4677
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 719
Contact:

Post » 17 Aug 2016, 14:01

HAPPYFACES wrote:Hi. Posting for meaningless updates since I'm genuinely interesting in knowing who's still doing their thing.

who's got the reunion banner

FuriousHedgehog
User avatar
Posts: 795
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14
Reputation: 300
Contact:

Post » 18 Aug 2016, 02:56

Here.
Image

Eden GT
User avatar
Posts: 250
Joined: 13 Jun 2015, 08:52
Reputation: 73
Contact:

Post » 19 Aug 2016, 08:18

For a late reply, this banner would be great for anniversaries.

And here is all my SMB hacks, up to date:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/38sde ... +Hacks.zip
Video recording of these hacks is optional
Sorry for wasting at least 5 seconds of your life patching these hacks.

And someone should make a mari0 mappack archive. Imagine if one the mappack links are suddenly broken, and neither of us have it and lost contact with the author.
Even the crappiest mari0 mappacks still deserve to be preserved.
At this stage however, I wouldn't collect them, though.

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 287
Contact:

Post » 19 Aug 2016, 22:02

Eden GT wrote:And someone should make a Mari0 Mappack archive. Imagine if one the mappack links are suddenly broken, and neither of us have it and lost contact with the author. Even the crappiest mari0 mappacks still deserve to be preserved. At this stage however, I wouldn't collect them, though.


I'm going to make one. This is a good idea. Just earlier today I was going to download a map, only to find that the link was broken. I had to ask Turtle directly if he still had the original file, only to find out that he had only had an older version of it.

Eden GT
User avatar
Posts: 250
Joined: 13 Jun 2015, 08:52
Reputation: 73
Contact:

Post » 22 Aug 2016, 12:31

Image
My newest unfinished hack-
It looks like he is looking down on me.
And it is true everybody, that hardcore hacks are no longer accepted?
He also say my level design is HORRIBLE. Really? I spend so much effort in this fragile piece of art, and I get nothing back?!?!

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 287
Contact:

Post » 22 Aug 2016, 20:51

Eden GT wrote:
Image

My newest unfinished hack-
It looks like he is looking down on me.
And it is true everybody, that hardcore hacks are no longer accepted?
He also say my level design is HORRIBLE. Really? I spend so much effort in this fragile piece of art, and I get nothing back?!?!


Hey now, don't be surprised that someone is criticizing something you put out there for everyone to see. As for calling your SMB rom hack a "fragile piece of art"...now you just sound full of yourself. You might think you cook a really great hamburger, but I can still think it tastes horrible. People have opinions. Sorry man.

For that guy saying that "no one plays hardcore glitchfest SMB hacks now", he'd be very much right that it was a fad. But that doesn't mean that "no one plays" them anymore. It's a rather unnecessary thing to point out in a review. "Hey, no one plays *insert video game here*, so stop playing it because it's not popular."

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1222
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35
Reputation: 267
Contact:

Post » 23 Aug 2016, 01:31

Eden GT wrote:
Image
My newest unfinished hack-
It looks like he is looking down on me.
And it is true everybody, that hardcore hacks are no longer accepted?
He also say my level design is HORRIBLE. Really? I spend so much effort in this fragile piece of art, and I get nothing back?!?!

Holy geez, w7n is a jerk.

I can't speak for your level design in this hack (it's probably fine given your other work), but I can say that this guy - I'll assume it's a guy - is being overly harsh for what he considers a "wasted effort." Everything is blown out of proportion; there's no real argument, just a bunch of general claims that could apply to anything. Of course, it's the kernels of truth that hurt the most. I can't see any reason for him to take the time to send you an email of this nature, other than to rile you up and evoke this exact response.

My advice is not to be so defensive. "Fragile piece of art" speaks more to you than it does to your work - art isn't fragile, people are. Sometimes you'll get emails like this, and you just have to let it go. Other times, you might get legitimate criticism; if you get defensive then, you'll never get better. Trust that you did the best you could, and if people like it, cool! If not, learn from it and try again.

There's no solace in this, but people pull this stuff all the time. You can't let it get to you. Ignore the trolls and move on.

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 287
Contact:

Post » 23 Aug 2016, 03:20

Exactly this^

And let's be real: The guy who messaged you probably knows exactly as much as I do when it comes to making SMB *ROM hacks.

Nothing.

I played a bit of the ROM hacks you left above. They're fine. I mean, coming from someone who doesn't even know where to begin with making a SMB rom hack probably doesn't mean anything. But I thought they where good.

Still, I leave off with my argument still standing. He "critiqued" the ROM hack you put up on the internet. Maybe he didn't like it. The thing is, he reviewed your game that without actually critiquing it or giving points as to why he actually disliked it. Ignore him. And like Will said, it's possibly just a troll.

Edit: Spelling. Thanks TurretBot actually no fuck you no from hack for you. double fuck I'm going to learn how to make SMB rom hacks to so I make a funny

Edit 2: So he knows his stuff.
Last edited by MF064DD on 23 Aug 2016, 18:00, edited 8 times in total.

Eden GT
User avatar
Posts: 250
Joined: 13 Jun 2015, 08:52
Reputation: 73
Contact:

Post » 23 Aug 2016, 06:33

Guys. Thanks.
In fact he should reply the criticism in a more, friendlier way. (Here's one of his hacks: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=17143.0)
By the way, if you guys want to see want the hack looks like, here's 2-1.
Image


MF064DD wrote:who doesn't even know where to begin with making a SMB from hack probably

You mean the other way round....

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 287
Contact:

Post » 23 Aug 2016, 16:50

Eden GT wrote:
MF064DD wrote:who doesn't even know where to begin with making a SMB from hack probably

You mean the other way round....


No no, I'm the guy it's coming from.

w7n
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Aug 2016, 17:02
Reputation: 1

Post » 23 Aug 2016, 17:16

WillWare wrote:
Eden GT wrote:
Image
My newest unfinished hack-
It looks like he is looking down on me.
And it is true everybody, that hardcore hacks are no longer accepted?
He also say my level design is HORRIBLE. Really? I spend so much effort in this fragile piece of art, and I get nothing back?!?!

Holy geez, w7n is a jerk.

I can't speak for your level design in this hack (it's probably fine given your other work), but I can say that this guy - I'll assume it's a guy - is being overly harsh for what he considers a "wasted effort." Everything is blown out of proportion; there's no real argument, just a bunch of general claims that could apply to anything. Of course, it's the kernels of truth that hurt the most. I can't see any reason for him to take the time to send you an email of this nature, other than to rile you up and evoke this exact response.

My advice is not to be so defensive. "Fragile piece of art" speaks more to you than it does to your work - art isn't fragile, people are. Sometimes you'll get emails like this, and you just have to let it go. Other times, you might get legitimate criticism; if you get defensive then, you'll never get better. Trust that you did the best you could, and if people like it, cool! If not, learn from it and try again.

There's no solace in this, but people pull this stuff all the time. You can't let it get to you. Ignore the trolls and move on.


I'm a certain troll who has devoted a large chunk of spare time during the past 8 years hacking Super Mario Bros, has learnt 6502 ASM during the process and designs hacks like THIS and THIS.

Or without the sarcasm mode, not all negative comments are trolling comments, in fact positive comments have the same tendency to be useless as some of them are just that 'yes good' type of comments but are not constructive. And I'm not really 'trashing' the design, just pointing out that the problems with both the audience the hack tries to target and the problems with the design. Do you actually know what trolling comments are like?

Trolling comments: 'This sucks balls go back and eat your own arse n00b'
Criticism: 'The design is unappealing, here's an example of an appealing hack that you may wish to check, and the reason for this to be more appealing is as follows...'

About the wasted effort thing, this is not that sort of 'wasted effort on junk' but rather 'wasted (ASM) effort on a hack that is too hard to be enjoyable for a major audience'.

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 287
Contact:

Post » 23 Aug 2016, 23:56

I'm sorry, I had never heard of you before. You seem to have done some cool stuff.

Sorry for calling you a troll. :/

Edit: But will is right. Just because you know your shit doesn't mean you're the kingdom of candyland.
Last edited by MF064DD on 24 Aug 2016, 03:13, edited 1 time in total.

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1222
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35
Reputation: 267
Contact:

Post » 24 Aug 2016, 02:51

w7n wrote:
WillWare wrote:
Eden GT wrote:Image
My newest unfinished hack-
It looks like he is looking down on me.
And it is true everybody, that hardcore hacks are no longer accepted?
He also say my level design is HORRIBLE. Really? I spend so much effort in this fragile piece of art, and I get nothing back?!?!

Holy geez, w7n is a jerk.

I can't speak for your level design in this hack (it's probably fine given your other work), but I can say that this guy - I'll assume it's a guy - is being overly harsh for what he considers a "wasted effort." Everything is blown out of proportion; there's no real argument, just a bunch of general claims that could apply to anything. Of course, it's the kernels of truth that hurt the most. I can't see any reason for him to take the time to send you an email of this nature, other than to rile you up and evoke this exact response.

My advice is not to be so defensive. "Fragile piece of art" speaks more to you than it does to your work - art isn't fragile, people are. Sometimes you'll get emails like this, and you just have to let it go. Other times, you might get legitimate criticism; if you get defensive then, you'll never get better. Trust that you did the best you could, and if people like it, cool! If not, learn from it and try again.

There's no solace in this, but people pull this stuff all the time. You can't let it get to you. Ignore the trolls and move on.


I'm a certain troll who has devoted a large chunk of spare time during the past 8 years hacking Super Mario Bros, has learnt 6502 ASM during the process and designs hacks like THIS and THIS.

Or without the sarcasm mode, not all negative comments are trolling comments, in fact positive comments have the same tendency to be useless as some of them are just that 'yes good' type of comments but are not constructive. And I'm not really 'trashing' the design, just pointing out that the problems with both the audience the hack tries to target and the problems with the design. Do you actually know what trolling comments are like?

Trolling comments: 'This sucks balls go back and eat your own arse n00b'
Criticism: 'The design is unappealing, here's an example of an appealing hack that you may wish to check, and the reason for this to be more appealing is as follows...'

About the wasted effort thing, this is not that sort of 'wasted effort on junk' but rather 'wasted (ASM) effort on a hack that is too hard to be enjoyable for a major audience'.


There's a couple of key problems with the "criticism" that I didn't address clearly the first time. I'll point them out here, and these will be the last major points I make on the subject. (I'm still happy to discuss specifics if it helps with understanding.)

First, the email gives no real specifics about what's wrong with the hack. This is a big part of constructive criticism, because it's the part that actually shows how to improve it. Saying it has no audience does not suffice, all that does is say that "no one will play it" (by poorly attempting to categorize it). Neither does throwing a bunch of better hacks out there; all you did is point out good designs, not how to apply them. It's like throwing books at someone and telling them to study harder - is that really criticism? Everything else here is just a generalized claim that you could say about any hack - there's no application or examples. All you've said is "it's poorly designed" without saying why.

Second, to bring up the "wasted effort" point again, saying things like that actively discourages modders from the community. I don't care what exactly you meant by it - that kind of loaded language doesn't belong. And given the snark throughout the email, the entire thing reads like that:
"casual gamers -- seriously?"
"Do yourself and everyone else a favor..."
It sounds like you're purposefully trying to push his buttons. How is that supposed to help? (On that note - while I used similar loaded language in my other post, it's not directed as criticism at you. This is.)

Now, does all of this categorize it as a "troll" response? No, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still more hurtful than helpful. You seem to have a lot of experience with this stuff, and I mean that legitimately - assembly is no joke, and neither is an eight-year hobby. But I think you've yet to learn how to criticize.

Eden GT
User avatar
Posts: 250
Joined: 13 Jun 2015, 08:52
Reputation: 73
Contact:

Post » 24 Aug 2016, 05:30

Wow I'm getting a bit confused and such now
And Will, I... I can't even type something that long... But it's good.
If I didn't mention it before, I did lots of level design practices before making the hack.
Because I only did less than a quarter of the hack, so...
I have a two questions: Which is harder, html or ASM? (Someone used to teach me html some years ago but then I completely forgotten everything...)
And which recording programs do you guys use for live streams? (Without the microphone because I'm not using that)

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 287
Contact:

Post » 24 Aug 2016, 05:55

Eden GT wrote:And which recording programs do you guys use for live streams? (Without the microphone because I'm not using that)


Definitely look into OBS. It's pretty simple and straight forward.

w7n
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Aug 2016, 17:02
Reputation: 1

Post » 24 Aug 2016, 06:32

WillWare wrote:
w7n wrote:
WillWare wrote:Holy geez, w7n is a jerk.

I can't speak for your level design in this hack (it's probably fine given your other work), but I can say that this guy - I'll assume it's a guy - is being overly harsh for what he considers a "wasted effort." Everything is blown out of proportion; there's no real argument, just a bunch of general claims that could apply to anything. Of course, it's the kernels of truth that hurt the most. I can't see any reason for him to take the time to send you an email of this nature, other than to rile you up and evoke this exact response.

My advice is not to be so defensive. "Fragile piece of art" speaks more to you than it does to your work - art isn't fragile, people are. Sometimes you'll get emails like this, and you just have to let it go. Other times, you might get legitimate criticism; if you get defensive then, you'll never get better. Trust that you did the best you could, and if people like it, cool! If not, learn from it and try again.

There's no solace in this, but people pull this stuff all the time. You can't let it get to you. Ignore the trolls and move on.


I'm a certain troll who has devoted a large chunk of spare time during the past 8 years hacking Super Mario Bros, has learnt 6502 ASM during the process and designs hacks like THIS and THIS.

Or without the sarcasm mode, not all negative comments are trolling comments, in fact positive comments have the same tendency to be useless as some of them are just that 'yes good' type of comments but are not constructive. And I'm not really 'trashing' the design, just pointing out that the problems with both the audience the hack tries to target and the problems with the design. Do you actually know what trolling comments are like?

Trolling comments: 'This sucks balls go back and eat your own arse n00b'
Criticism: 'The design is unappealing, here's an example of an appealing hack that you may wish to check, and the reason for this to be more appealing is as follows...'

About the wasted effort thing, this is not that sort of 'wasted effort on junk' but rather 'wasted (ASM) effort on a hack that is too hard to be enjoyable for a major audience'.


There's a couple of key problems with the "criticism" that I didn't address clearly the first time. I'll point them out here, and these will be the last major points I make on the subject. (I'm still happy to discuss specifics if it helps with understanding.)

First, the email gives no real specifics about what's wrong with the hack. This is a big part of constructive criticism, because it's the part that actually shows how to improve it. Saying it has no audience does not suffice, all that does is say that "no one will play it" (by poorly attempting to categorize it). Neither does throwing a bunch of better hacks out there; all you did is point out good designs, not how to apply them. It's like throwing books at someone and telling them to study harder - is that really criticism? Everything else here is just a generalized claim that you could say about any hack - there's no application or examples. All you've said is "it's poorly designed" without saying why.

Second, to bring up the "wasted effort" point again, saying things like that actively discourages modders from the community. I don't care what exactly you meant by it - that kind of loaded language doesn't belong. And given the snark throughout the email, the entire thing reads like that:
"casual gamers -- seriously?"
"Do yourself and everyone else a favor..."
It sounds like you're purposefully trying to push his buttons. How is that supposed to help? (On that note - while I used similar loaded language in my other post, it's not directed as criticism at you. This is.)

Now, does all of this categorize it as a "troll" response? No, but that doesn't change the fact that it's still more hurtful than helpful. You seem to have a lot of experience with this stuff, and I mean that legitimately - assembly is no joke, and neither is an eight-year hobby. But I think you've yet to learn how to criticize.


There are people who would like to spend time working on their own projects rather than commenting on other people's projects. I'm commenting here only because I'm not using my PC.

If all feedback should be that sort of full reviews and also have to teach one how to make good design in detail, then screw it. Frankly, I learnt designing by myself and sometimes from other people's hacks and not from reviews, and learnt 6502 ASM completely by myself, if one can't even do so he doesn't have the potential to become top-notch. AND I have posted criteria on good design and also made reviews of complete works in my own forum. (Those are all before I decided to spend more time on my recent hack project of course.)

If there's anything that is of top priority, it'll be pointing out that flashy ASM in hardcore SMB hacks(unless incredibly advanced) is usually unwanted.

Lastly, I could've been more patient if said hacker had actually joined our chatroom and posted his design in detail, that would actually be more convenient for everyone to comment and discuss. I had actually invited him once or twice. And if you say 'offering nothing is better than offering this feedback', well no, last time I did so (I just said I want to work on my own project) was met with 'SHIIIIIIT!!!!!! I WONT MAKE MY NEXT HACK THEN!!!!!! SUHVFJIXHVEJHEJJCK' (not exaggerating)

That being said, I probably should give things a more positive view considering said hacker has also assisted me in some of my posts. But I'll save time on this one:

>If you want to try ASM, then don't make it a hardcore 'hack', instead design a 'game' that somewhat skilled gamers can play, try to think of new mechanics that arouse gamers' interests. Also don't make your game require glitch abusing to pass.

>Try designing alternate routes or ways to clear obstacles

>Kaizou Traps are a big no unless the entire game is kaizou themed, even then you need to be a genius to make it new

Eden GT
User avatar
Posts: 250
Joined: 13 Jun 2015, 08:52
Reputation: 73
Contact:

Post » 24 Aug 2016, 09:01

Suddenly I want to post something, but I don't know what to say wwwww EDIT: I know what to say now
w7n, if only smb utility allows roms which are more than 41 kb...
And how do I say your name wwwww

Speaking of one hack and the bullying situation I mentioned a few weeks ago, I ask what my classmates think I act like. They say Kim Jong Un amd Donald Trump (I was the class rep in term 1, always making sure everybody got homework from every subject, but then was crumpled down by someone else)
Some video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74_hjr_jC3U (The hack is not mine)

w7n
Posts: 3
Joined: 23 Aug 2016, 17:02
Reputation: 1

Post » 24 Aug 2016, 18:12

Eden GT wrote:Suddenly I want to post something, but I don't know what to say wwwww EDIT: I know what to say now
w7n, if only smb utility allows roms which are more than 41 kb...
And how do I say your name wwwww

Speaking of one hack and the bullying situation I mentioned a few weeks ago, I ask what my classmates think I act like. They say Kim Jong Un amd Donald Trump (I was the class rep in term 1, always making sure everybody got homework from every subject, but then was crumpled down by someone else)
Some video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74_hjr_jC3U (The hack is not mine)


Use SMB Map Importer to import map data from and to SMB hack roms. The default settings work in most cases, but if the ROM structure is different you will probably need to set the ROM addresses yourself.

I can't draw any conclusions why your IRL behaviour were compared with those of 2 cuckoos in this era, but I can deduce something judging from how you were blacklisted by several Japanese ROM hackers: Asking for ROM hacks persistently can be irritating.

The Snivy
User avatar
Posts: 34
Joined: 15 Jul 2016, 02:43
Reputation: 12
Contact:

Post » 25 Aug 2016, 19:17

Image

I'm starting a project with SMB 16bit stuff. This is all i have at this moment.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4677
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 719
Contact:

Post » 25 Aug 2016, 19:22

You're like 3 years late, but it needed to be done I guess. Look forward to seeing the end product.

The Snivy
User avatar
Posts: 34
Joined: 15 Jul 2016, 02:43
Reputation: 12
Contact:

Post » 25 Aug 2016, 19:40

I have some more progress. Next i might make Bowser and make a new thread for my project.

Image

Villager103
User avatar
Posts: 611
Joined: 31 Jan 2013, 14:50
Reputation: 54
Contact:

Post » 28 Aug 2016, 16:05

The Snivy wrote:I have some more progress. Next i might make Bowser and make a new thread for my project.

<INSERT IMAGE HERE>


Wow, that actually looks kind of cool! I could create an SMAS SMB1 tileset to match them if you like.

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 969
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36
Reputation: 261

Post » 28 Aug 2016, 18:05

can someone please direct me to the new twatter section?

i keep redirecting to the mari0 board.

The Snivy
User avatar
Posts: 34
Joined: 15 Jul 2016, 02:43
Reputation: 12
Contact:

Post » 28 Aug 2016, 22:43

Does anyone have a sprite of SMAS SMB1 Mario holding the portal gun? It's hard to make mario to hold it correctly.

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 287
Contact:

Post » 29 Aug 2016, 03:39

The Snivy wrote:Does anyone have a sprite of SMAS SMB1 Mario holding the portal gun? It's hard to make mario to hold it correctly.


Obviously you didn't get what Wilo was implying You can probably find something like that if you steal files from this mod.

Eden GT
User avatar
Posts: 250
Joined: 13 Jun 2015, 08:52
Reputation: 73
Contact:

Post » 30 Aug 2016, 12:39

The story of a SMB1 Hack: ~Super Idiot9.0~

2017
Eden was seeing himself, hanging out in his warm, cramped bedroom in a late Saturday afternoon, the fun guys are nowhere, when everybody's gone.
Then, he whipped up a beauty from his SMB level editor (Sigma Mario III), rushing down to Discord, Facebook, Twitter, etc, desperate for someone to playtest it, only to find that he's alone.
Then, he saw Idiot 9.0, making a live stream. No wonder no one's in the chat room.
"So today, I'll be playing...."
"HI!!!!" yelled Eden, just arrived on Twitch.
Idiot saw his comment, but did not say anything.
"Eden, throw away the rubbish! It's been like 10 minutes!" his mom said.
"OK!!!! Fine," moaned Eden.
Because he was tired of throwing of throwing away the rubbish, He simply threw the rubbish nto the bushes.
Then, there was a strange sound.
It was a portal gun.
He had never seen a portal gun before, and he does not know how to use it. However, because he had played mari0 before, he actually knows how to use it.
Damn! He pressed the wrong button.
Somehow, the portal gun disappeared. "Meh, whatever," said Eden.
He went back into the live stream to see how's Idiot coming along.
Everybody left. Only Eden's watching. Then, he let out a scream.
The portal gun was in his room, but not only that. For some reason,
Idiot has turned into completely different person. His skin was as white as A4 paper, he was wearing a cap with an 'I' on it, a grey shirt and blue pants. His face was also changed.
"Holy shit!" Eden said. "Idiot's a furry!"
Somehow, the portal dragged him into a world. The Mario World.
"Hey, Idiot's gone! This is my fault and I need to changed it!"
"Oh look, another portal gun." He also entered the Mario World.
When he arrived, he was surprised. "Wow! I can create my own levels?! 何これ?!"
"So, I'm going to set Idiot's lives to 99, and create some fancy level designs!"
The first of the story will come to an end there. It's still not a battle of humanity and demons, it was the story of peaceful coexistence.

But, it's like a call over. Such as Eden, just unsteadily, yet dense, without any mercy, it is the thoroughly of "playing" the world.

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 287
Contact:

Post » 30 Aug 2016, 19:41

Eden GT wrote:"Holy shit!" Eden said. "Idiot's a furry!"


Oh my god you actually put that in there.

Edit:
Image

Eden GT
User avatar
Posts: 250
Joined: 13 Jun 2015, 08:52
Reputation: 73
Contact:

Post » 01 Sep 2016, 11:03

I don't think this hack will be released for a very long time wwwwww
Image

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 287
Contact:

Post » 01 Sep 2016, 20:02



for those who havent watched it yet.


Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 807
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 215
Contact:

Post » 01 Sep 2016, 21:56

MF064DD wrote:for those who havent watched it yet.


these pokemon sun and moon updates are really fast

mario maker for 3ds is a pretty big letdown

But that pikmin game looks cool, i might buy it

Overall, this direct is okay

-Squids


Return to “Twatter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron