Mari0, Portal Mappck in Minecraft

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
I LÖVE LUA

Post » 07 Mar 2014, 11:36

I was messing around in Minecraft, and I was playing with two mods: Portal Gun, by Ichun, and Super Mario Mod, by Jimboom7.

Then, I had an idea. Remaking the Portal mappack of Mari0 in Minecraft.

Everything works perfectly, made with redstone, and has a flagpole at the end.

Screenshot of 1-1
I'll put a download link, and I'll make the other worlds, if somebody liked it.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 07 Mar 2014, 11:57

It looks good, but why not make it wider? I mean, take the "Portal: The Flash Version" mappack/mod for Portal as an example. The game "Portal: The Flash Version" is 2D, but they made it in 3D without making it confusing or anything.
(I don't know if it has anything to do with the Mario mod, but still).

Oh, and, kind of a self-merchandise, but, if you want, you can use my "Portal 2: The Return" texture pack. You'll have to convert it to the newest versions of Minecraft, though. But it shouldn't be that hard. Dinnerbone made some tools to convert texture packs...

Anyway, it's a great start!

I LÖVE LUA

Post » 07 Mar 2014, 16:27

HugoBDesigner wrote:It looks good, but why not make it wider? I mean, take the "Portal: The Flash Version" mappack/mod for Portal as an example. The game "Portal: The Flash Version" is 2D, but they made it in 3D without making it confusing or anything.
(I don't know if it has anything to do with the Mario mod, but still).

Oh, and, kind of a self-merchandise, but, if you want, you can use my "Portal 2: The Return" texture pack. You'll have to convert it to the newest versions of Minecraft, though. But it shouldn't be that hard. Dinnerbone made some tools to convert texture packs...

Anyway, it's a great start!
1) How many blocks wide do you expect?

2) The Mario mod is here to have Mario's flag at the end.

3) The World Save is compatible 1.6.2/1.6.4, so the "newest versions" are not used.

4) Your texture pack(s) don't seems to work for me. I placed them in ".minecraft/resourcepacks", but they don't appear in-game.
Edit : Never mind.

5) Thanks.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 07 Mar 2014, 18:32

I LÖVE LUA wrote: 1) How many blocks wide do you expect?
If you make it too thin, it'll be weird, and probably only visible sideways. If you make it too large, it'll look weird too, and a lot confusing. Make it so it is comfortable to see from a first person perspective and so the player don't miss anything if looking from inside...
I LÖVE LUA wrote: 2) The Mario mod is here to have Mario's flag at the end.

3) The World Save is compatible 1.6.2/1.6.4, so the "newest versions" are not used.

4) Your texture pack(s) don't seems to work for me. I placed them in ".minecraft/resourcepacks", but they don't appear in-game.
Edit : Never mind.

5) Thanks.
Did you make it compatible? Just so I know if it still works, even if it is so outdated...

I LÖVE LUA

Post » 08 Mar 2014, 10:20

I made it compatible, but it only changes the GUI and the grass color.

I LÖVE LUA

Post » 08 Mar 2014, 13:17

As you asked me, I made it larger.

3 blocks wides, and everything is centered, so I don't need to hide redstone anymore.

Screenshots:
Old version of World 1-1:

New version of World 1-1 (with a looooooooong fall, "Material Emancipation" Sugar Canes, and Portal Pedestal):
And, a pixel art: