Eastereggs in Games

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Think_with_Coins

Post » 14 Feb 2014, 23:14

So lets Talk about some Eastereggs in Games!

I like the Konami code Easteregg on internet sites becaus there are really much sites with it (http://konamicodesites.com/)

Thats mine opinion. Yours?

Qwerbey

Post » 15 Feb 2014, 21:49

Think_with_Coins

Post » 16 Feb 2014, 14:40

QwertymanO07 wrote:Here's a wiki for them.
Thanks for the wiki
I like eastereggs so this is interresing

Firaga

Post » 26 Feb 2014, 02:19

In Super Mario Galaxy, after you have obtained all 3 Green Power Stars, head to the Trial Galaxy, where there are the three very difficult but very fun levels.

In the Rolling Gizmo Galaxy, if the player goes right next to the still upright bridge without the Star Ball and goes into first person view, they see a lot of blue Star Bits. If the player gets on top of the bridge (by backflipping off a block and wall-jumping off of the bridge) and goes into first person view on the edge of the bridge and looks down, it is revealed that the group of blue star bits is in the shape of a Rupee.

Camewel

Post » 26 Feb 2014, 04:25

Firaga wrote:In Super Mario Galaxy, after you have obtained all 3 Green Power Stars, head to the Trial Galaxy, where there are the three very difficult but very fun levels.
An "easter egg" generally isn't something required for completion.

Firaga

Post » 26 Feb 2014, 04:26

Camewel wrote:
Firaga wrote:In Super Mario Galaxy, after you have obtained all 3 Green Power Stars, head to the Trial Galaxy, where there are the three very difficult but very fun levels.
It isn't required, you just have to have the Trial Galaxies unlocked in order to see the rupee.

Camewel

Post » 26 Feb 2014, 04:29

Firaga wrote:
Camewel wrote:
It isn't required, you just have to have the Trial Galaxies unlocked in order to see the rupee.
Ah, I'm being an idiot again.

Cake

Post » 26 Feb 2014, 08:04

So many Mario enemies in Legend of Zelda
It's crazy man.

Also:
"I don't plan to give up my favorite decoration. I like Mario where he is."
-King Boo in Luigi's Mansion, replacing Han Solo with Mario in the quote.

Murphmario

Post » 27 Feb 2014, 00:17

Did you know:

There is a hidden book in Super Mario Sunshine. It can be found in the mission "Red coins in the bottle".

Did you know:

The Minecraft splash text has some references, like "Lives in a pineapple under the sea", a reference to SpongeBob, and "Also try Terraria!", which is a reference to Terraria. If you edit or delete splash.txt without deleting meta.imf first, you will get the splash text "missingno", a reference to a glitch Pokémon of the same name.

Did you know:

In a commercial, there was the slogan "Sega does what Nintendon't". This is a reference to Nintendo and Sega's rivalry at the time.

Firaga

Post » 27 Feb 2014, 00:43

Murphmario wrote:In a commercial, there was the slogan "Sega does what Nintendon't". This is a reference to Nintendo and Sega's rivalry at the time.
Nintendo is what Genesisn't.

B-Man99

Post » 27 Feb 2014, 00:51

Murphmario wrote: There is a hidden book in Super Mario Sunshine. It can be found in the mission "Red coins in the bottle".
:D
I'm pretty sure that's an exploited unused area rather than an easter egg though; you can't access it in the game normally.
Murphmario wrote: "Also try Terraria!", which is a reference to Terraria.
I never would have known what it was referring to thanks!
Murphmario wrote:meta.imf
*inf

Also there are way better Minecraft Splash Texts than those. Not to mention the amazing Mari0 splash texts which are even better (even if there aren't as many)

Oh man I could talk about easter eggs for pages. There'll always be a special place in my heart mind (because vital organs that pump blood can't really store memories and thoughts) for the Turret Wife Serenade though. And the Broom Closet Ending.
A ton of other things are really cool, from
*Pretty much any Valve game
*Gunpoint (I can name like 3, but not a lot of people I know have played this game)
*The Stanley Parable (the entire game reminds me of a giant easter egg hunt to be honest... but it's absolutely amazing, this isn't a bad thing in the slightest)

[starts rambiling about Cave Story obsessive stuff for 3 paragraphs]
Anyway... the company name puns were funny guys :D

Vakema123

Post » 27 Feb 2014, 12:45

Broom closet ending isn't an easter egg, its just a ending of the game.

B-Man99

Post » 27 Feb 2014, 22:10

But it doesn't actually end, and it's something not everyone comes across...?
idk it sure felt like one to me.

Flutter Skye

Post » 27 Feb 2014, 22:49

In SMG2 In Shiverburn Galaxy, If the player uses first-person mode, and looks at the cliffs in the scenery, there will be 3 stalking figures, which will follow Mario to the end of the level.
In the game's files, they're named "HellValleySkyTree"

Vakema123

Post » 28 Feb 2014, 03:49

"THOSE ARE NOT TREES"
- Cracked.com
http://www.cracked.com/article_19172_8- ... -true.html

This is not a paid advertisement.

Think_with_Coins

Post » 28 Feb 2014, 17:49

If you play the sound of an dieing Zombie in HL2 Reverse you clearly hear that the Zombie says "God Help! Help me!" Or " My Life is Fading away"
dont know if easteregg but sure was planned

SauloFX

Post » 04 Mar 2014, 02:17

Flutter Skye wrote:In SMG2 In Shiverburn Galaxy, If the player uses first-person mode, and looks at the cliffs in the scenery, there will be 3 stalking figures, which will follow Mario to the end of the level.
In the game's files, they're named "HellValleySkyTree"
i was playing smg2 then i recived a message about someone watching me from very far away,do the message was sent by those guys in the cliff?

Flutter Skye

Post » 04 Mar 2014, 10:14

No, that was either Rosalina Or Peach. Peach said she was very far away. Rosalina said something about watching you.

SauloFX

Post » 06 Mar 2014, 20:14

i know a lot of easter eggs from games:
GTA Vice City:

Go in the entrance of a building in the second island,next to a ''helicopter parking symbol''(i forgot the name of that thing)there is a window very close to you,take a distance then jump in the window,you will literally find a easteregg.

Sonic CD:

Type a command in the title screen,then put specific numbers in a new screen that will appear,a japanese(or chinese) text will appear,the signature is from Majin,a lot of people say Majin is ''Devil'' but isn't,is another thing,but the signature is from the guy who helped in the design of Sonic CD.

Super Mario World:

When You Clear The Ultra Secret World,Everything In Mario Island Changes,Chocolate Grass,Mario Koopas,And Other Stuff.

Donkey Kong 3(snes):

In The Store Of A Bear Where you Start The Game,After few levels,a new option in the store will appear called(not exactly):''Who Lives in that castle?''

dont give money to the bear,he will say some stuff related to Link(from Legend Of Zelda).

Kirby(Snes)(i dont remember what kirby is):

In A Bonus Level You Will go from the top of the level to the bottom,but if you look carefully how the level was design,i don't know if this is against the forum rules so i will not post the rest.

Some Japanese Game For SNES:

In This Game That I Don't remember the name,when you enter in a npc house you can turn the lights off,but in a random time,if you turn the lights off,the npc will transform into a spooky creature,you can't get out of the house,all you can do is walk into the npc,you will go to the Spookiest World Ever.

MegamanX(snes)

I'm Trying To do this one but i can't do it.Go in the level Armored Armadillo(i think is armadillo) dont get damaged and be sure that you have 4 energy tanks full,
complete the level without being hurt,before you get out of the mine jump from the mineskate,you will see a hidden capsule,Dr.Light Will give you The Hadouken Hability,The Hadouken Kills Anything In One Hit

Tony Hawk Underground 2(PS2):

After You Defeat The Voodoo dude,watch closely where Voodoo guy is launched,you will see a monster covered in dirt swimming in the background.

Thats all i know today.
Firaga wrote:
Murphmario wrote:In a commercial, there was the slogan "Sega does what Nintendon't". This is a reference to Nintendo and Sega's rivalry at the time.
Sega did shit with nintendo,i remember about that comercial but what most freak me out,is the fact that Sonic Was A Super Nintendo Game.Anyone Played The Sonic Version For Nintendo?

Think_with_Coins

Post » 06 Mar 2014, 22:43

The first Easteregg was the Name of the creator in the Game

Firaga

Post » 06 Mar 2014, 22:47

Think_with_Coins wrote:The first Easteregg was the Name of the creator in the Game
You're probably thinking of Adventure on the Atari, released in 1979.
But actually, an earlier Easter egg was found in Video Whizball, a 1978 game for the Fairchild Channel F system, displaying programmer Bradley Reid-Selth's surname.

Think_with_Coins

Post » 06 Mar 2014, 22:56

Nice one

SauloFX

Post » 06 Mar 2014, 23:05

Also i forgot to mention the Megaman eternal easter egg.

a big number of the megaman songs are in a sweet Rock ''n'' Roll style,but Megaman is also known as ROCKman,and megaman is always in the lab with Dr lite and ROLL

Now look at this closely:ROCK(megaman)and ROLL.

Firaga

Post » 06 Mar 2014, 23:23

SauloFX wrote:Also i forgot to mention the Megaman eternal easter egg.

a big number of the megaman songs are in a sweet Rock ''n'' Roll style,but Megaman is also known as ROCKman,and megaman is always in the lab with Dr lite and ROLL

Now look at this closely:ROCK(megaman)and ROLL.
Well, this really wouldn't be an easter egg, as all the Megaman games after they had created Roll would also have to be easter eggs.
The reason she was named Roll was
to match her counterpart's name ("Rock" 'n' "Roll"). Rockman being Mega Man's Japanese name.

renhoek

Post » 07 Mar 2014, 02:23

SauloFX wrote:
Firaga wrote:
Sega did shit with nintendo,i remember about that comercial but what most freak me out,is the fact that Sonic Was A Super Nintendo Game.Anyone Played The Sonic Version For Nintendo?
Sonic was never on a nintendo system until the gamecube/gamboy advance.
You're probably thinking of that terrible Speedy Gonzales Pirate.

also I'm pretty sure "Sega does what Nintendon't" is not an Easter egg.

SauloFX

Post » 07 Mar 2014, 02:44

renhoek wrote: Sonic was never on a nintendo system until the gamecube/gamboy advance.
You're probably thinking of that terrible Speedy Gonzales Pirate.

also I'm pretty sure "Sega does what Nintendon't" is not an Easter egg.
I'm pretty sure that there is A Sonic The Hedgehog Game For Super Nintendo,I Remember of this,i'm not crazy,i swear,my mom gave to me this sonic game for Super Nintendo When I Was young,i still got the rom in my computer

idiot9.0

Post » 07 Mar 2014, 02:57

The rom is a hack of another game. An OFFICIAL Sonic game has never been on the Super Nintendo. I know which game you're talking about, I've played it before. And it sucks.

Stop being an idiot.

SauloFX

Post » 07 Mar 2014, 03:04

idiot9.0 wrote:The rom is a hack of another game. An OFFICIAL Sonic game has never been on the Super Nintendo. I know which game you're talking about, I've played it before. And it sucks.

Stop being an idiot.
WOW.i don't know how,but a hacker tricked me,because my mom gave to me the err... i forgot the name of that thing,but it was looking so official,i can't believe one of the best games i played in my childhood is a hack.

Vakema123

Post » 07 Mar 2014, 03:59

SauloFX wrote:
idiot9.0 wrote:The rom is a hack of another game. An OFFICIAL Sonic game has never been on the Super Nintendo. I know which game you're talking about, I've played it before. And it sucks.

Stop being an idiot.
WOW.i don't know how,but a hacker tricked me,because my mom gave to me the err... i forgot the name of that thing,but it was looking so official,i can't believe one of the best games i played in my childhood is a hack.
Yo, if this is an argument, it is a stupid one, and it has not purpose. And Saulo, you should put spaces after your commas.

But anyway, one of my favorite easter eggs in a game is the Minecraft one in Borderlands. Such fun.

B-Man99

Post » 07 Mar 2014, 04:00

I am tempted to say something harsh but I'm just going to leave it at
"I think we should stay on topic"
Also I agree with what idiot said pertaining to the argument. Meaning idiot9.0 of course, not the other idiot (huehuehue)

SauloFX

Post » 07 Mar 2014, 05:06

B-Man99 wrote:I am tempted to say something harsh but I'm just going to leave it at
"I think we should stay on topic"
Also I agree with what idiot said pertaining to the argument. Meaning idiot9.0 of course, not the other idiot (huehuehue)
you little.......