Stabyourself Minecraft Server

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
HAPPYFACES

Post » 05 Sep 2013, 21:48

My god... I just realized. If someone were to temporarily go into creative and make some villagers, you would be able to set what they trade with, like for instance; gold nuggets. That might just solve the currency problem.

Mari0Maker

Post » 05 Sep 2013, 23:18

HAPPYFACES wrote:My god... I just realized. If someone were to temporarily go into creative and make some villagers, you would be able to set what they trade with, like for instance; gold nuggets. That might just solve the currency problem.
And that "someone" would be Thunderflipper.
He already said that he would be the only one OP (with creative, more commands, etc.).

ucenna

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 00:03

Mari0Maker wrote:He already said that he would be the only one OP (with creative, more commands, etc.).
I don't remember him saying that. Last I checked nobody was OP.
I still think Emeralds are the perfect currency. Gold is too easy to get. That and we barely have any villagers, at the least we barely have any (one I think) that you can trade with to get emeralds. If jorichi would be willing to make some more we wouldn't have a problem.

HAPPYFACES

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 00:10

Mari0Maker wrote:
HAPPYFACES wrote:My god... I just realized. If someone were to temporarily go into creative and make some villagers, you would be able to set what they trade with, like for instance; gold nuggets. That might just solve the currency problem.
And that "someone" would be Thunderflipper.
He already said that he would be the only one OP (with creative, more commands, etc.).
Yes, thank you for pointing that out. It was totally necessary and soooooo not implied in my post.

Perception, my friend. I expect my peers to understand that I understand things. Things that others seem to miss.
ucenna wrote: I don't remember him saying that. Last I checked nobody was OP.
I still think Emeralds are the perfect currency. Gold is too easy to get. That and we barely have any villagers, at the least we barely have any (one I think) that you can trade with to get emeralds. If jorichi would be willing to make some more we wouldn't have a problem.
The variety in gold is what makes it usable. Instead of one really rare emerald, twenty gold nuggets could suffice.

ucenna

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 03:05

HAPPYFACES wrote:
ucenna wrote: I don't remember him saying that. Last I checked nobody was OP.
The variety in gold is what makes it usable. Instead of one really rare emerald, twenty gold nuggets could suffice.
Well the thing with gold is that if gold is used as a currency everyone is going to start farming it until there's no gold in the area. Then they will spread out. As they spreadout Gold will become rarer and rarer, until things like powered rails, gold pressure plates, and anything that requires gold will be virtually impossible to make. Of course if we use emerald people will still farm it, but that won't make much difference since emerald doesn't have any other practical purpose. On the other hand an xp shop would be an option. Since there's a near infinite source of it. I don't know if villagers can trade for xp, but if enough people ask I think TF would let me or someone with redstone experience make one.

Polybius

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 08:29

If thats the case then gold nuggets would be just as rare as emeralds once the area has run out of it. the economy would just inflate with gold nugget currency until there is none in the area ,then thats when the value of the gold nugget is stable. once we run out of gold nuggets from some nig-nog crafting them into things we can find more in new areas to resupply gold, instead of gathering tons of supplies for emeralds that are too rare and cost more resources.

think of it this way:

easy enough to get but rare enough to locate = easier to re-supply = easier to maintain = well balanced = good economic balance.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 13:42

If you are mining in the area and you see gold, why wouldn't you take it?

You can't know whether you have mined out all the gold unless you mine out everything (unless you have x-ray)

Meaning the ratio of gold should not go down faster than it normally would.

ucenna

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 15:03

Well the main problem is that Gold is actually used for something. Once gold becomes super rare it would be practically impossible to make things like clocks, power rails, and gold armour/weapons. That and everybody would have a zombie piggie farms.

Edit: In other news, we now have a villager/iron golem spawner.
@ jorichi if you want me to move it I can.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 19:48

Wait, so we have mods that give us stores and custom spawners?

ucenna

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 22:24

No, but villagers make more villagers if enough doors are present, and iron golems spawn when enough villagers are present.
XP stores can be made with redstone and command blocks.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 22:52

No one has command blocks, right?

ucenna

Post » 07 Sep 2013, 05:11

Nope. You can only get them if your in creative mode and are OP. Therefore things that require command blocks are unavailable unless enough people desire them. If enough do TF might allow someone to make them. I.E. voting on griefer protections, creative only zones, and stuff. I think TF primarily want the server to be the kind of server the players want it to be.

Edit: Well, consider an economy started. Some of the new villagers will sell emeralds. I think the egg problem will be fixed soon as all the chickens are killed in order to get meat to sell. Other buys are books, paper, coal, and wheat.

Edit: Edit: server's lagging pretty bad, if TF could restart it, it would be nice.

thunderfapper

Post » 07 Sep 2013, 19:06

Hey, sorry I was away, I was busy at school. I'll check up on the server, and if you want custom shops, i'll be glad to let ucenna do that. Whatever you want.

Edit: For some reason the server was down, I put it back up

rokit

Post » 07 Sep 2013, 20:12

someone mind joining?
also who's is that treehouse?

Kexaihami

Post » 07 Sep 2013, 22:10

if "KaiemahiVector" could get whitelisted, I might join up.

ucenna

Post » 07 Sep 2013, 23:24

rokit boy wrote:someone mind joining?
also who's is that treehouse?
I think Costinteo and happyface owns the treehouse, and to a much lesser extent drone. Though I don't think drone does anymore.

Edit: I think the server is starting to lag a bit again. Maybe it's just my computer, though it was working after thee most recent restart. The main problem is that blocks keep reappearing when I break them.

Polybius

Post » 10 Sep 2013, 19:34

should we restart the server for the snapshot?

BobTheLawyer

Post » 10 Sep 2013, 20:52

Yes. Reset everything.

Jorichi

Post » 10 Sep 2013, 21:02

I'm up for a new world too.
Though I think we should settle on plugins/rules/ideas/what-not first.

HAPPYFACES

Post » 10 Sep 2013, 21:19

Wait, save the world first. Then find a way to copy our creations onto the new world.

Actually, no. Don't update to the new snapshot. Wait until the stable 1.7 release.

ucenna

Post » 10 Sep 2013, 23:38

b-b-b-ut I jus got Power V on my bow...
I'm fine with it. Thank to the new command block commands I think I might be abl to make a system that announces if and who placed tnt/fire/lava. I can also make a counter for both, so as to to count the times they have been placed and by who.

As a note I really think we should make a creative only section.

If anyones interested I can also make a magic
system.

Oh, worlgaurd like capacities are possible too.

Edit wen the time comes I know how to dothe migration.

thunderfapper

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 01:38

I can update to the latest snapshot, and I can also upload the world for you guys to play on, if you want. But before we do anything, we need to take a vote: if you want to reset the world and update to the new snapshot, if you want to make it a bukkit server with plugins and custom ranks etc( e.x: a motherducker rank), or keep it how it is, without resetting.

Until we decide on something, I'm not changing the server at all

ucenna

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 01:56

I'm up for the snapshot. I vote for griefer detection until we figure out who it is/was after that since we're whitelisted we don't need griefer protection, just de-list the griefers. I don't care much for ranking, I prefer additions for functionality, not so much aesthetic. On the other hand I might enjoy something that adds additional abilities nothing to extravagant. If we end up resetting the server it would be nice if we could keep ender chest contents. I'd prefer if we could change the environment completely but keep the structures and bases via schematics and MCedit, then we could move the bases to appropriate biomes to fit with there surroundings.

thunderfapper

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 02:08

Or, I could just give people I trust creative until they are situated on the new world, but.. being one of these people doesn't mean that you can make overpowered weapons, add stuff to your house (such as enderchests or chests) or get any materials, as that should be made normally. And I would have to trust you to follow those rules.

ucenna

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 02:30

Perhaps, I wouldn't mind rebuilding the main base, but I'm not looking forward to losing a certain incomplete replica. Another thing is that it's going to stink for those of us who don't have a reputation that would allow us to creatify new bases. I think it should either be a completely new world or one with some returning structures.

...Goodbye, Power V bow...

thunderfapper

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 03:24

Well, that would be the point, a couple people I trust could have creative to recreate certain bases, if you wanted yours transferred, then you could pm me, and I could MCedit it over.. Or we could just start over, which would be fine with me too

ucenna

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 04:36

Actually, I'm okay. I vote for a fresh start, I decided.

idiot9.0

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 04:45

I'd prefer if we just stayed on the stable release myself, but I'm okay either way.

Polybius

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 07:59

Well, i vote for a fresh start. Most people aren`t playing either because their busy, or have everything they need. Once we start a new world everyone will be more active hopefully. New stuff can be added with the command blocks, heck we could add vanilla game mechanics of our own which could be really neat instead of lagging some of ourselves down with mod suggestions. we have a lot of more possibilities with the new snapshot than 1.6.2 obviously, but I think it makes the game mechanics more stable, such as finding hardened clay, fishing, dyes, book copying, ect. more fleshed out and fair than 1.6 did. it was harder making hardened clay in 1.6.2. it was harder to make dyes in 1.6.2. it was harder to copy books in 1.6.2. it was useless to fish in 1.6.2 but now in 1.7 snapshot, its just as useful as anything else. i vote a fresh start.

HAPPYFACES

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 08:01

I'm rather on staying with the stable release. But if you decide to go to the snapshot release, if you could MCedit my house into another jungle on the snapshot world along with the Eternity project Stealthy started, I'd be so very grateful.

Also non-OP teleporting powers would be awesome :3

Polybius

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 08:13

Happy, if the project doesn`t get moved, i`ll gladly contribute everything i get to get it commenced back to its former self if necessary; BUT if it can get moved please do so thunder. or
better yet, back up our world now before the new world is started that way oncewe start anew we can switch back if people dislike. but mostly everyone seems to be agreeing on the world restart.

Cake

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 10:22

I vote world restart.
On the new snapshot.
(I haven't been playing recently due to playing other mods and such, but every new version of minecraft does offer something new and different from what's already out there.)
Imagine if we set the world generation to amplified.

rokit

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 19:01

i vote world restart

ucenna

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 20:17

Well, I'm working on a schematic that TF might import to the new world when it comes to be. The main purpose of it is to add features/protections. It will basicly consist of a base that only a select few can enter. Inside the base there is a series of switches/buildings that enable different things. The current model has a set of buttons to change the time, and a set of switches to toggle game rules. It's going to eventually have a switch to toggle game modes, as well as a switch to make half the world creative and the other survival. I might also add some custom games and a currency system that everyone can access. Perhaps also a music system. Whether any of it gets used is undecided.

Anywho, I bring it up because I'm welcome to suggestions. If you have an idea kindly tell me, and perhaps it will be added. Please note that I may not choose to implement everything suggested, and even if I implement something TF may choose not to use it.

Oh, and it's also going to log when and who places TNT, lava, and fire. In case we get griefed again.

Automatik

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 20:21

Didn't know that commands blocks were that powerful!
How do you even do the "half world is creative" thing in it? That seems impossible to do it reliably without a mod.

ucenna

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 20:23

Simple
/gamemode 1 @a[x=0]
should apply creative mode to anybody past x 0
Last edited by ucenna on 11 Sep 2013, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

Costinteo

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 20:27

I think you meant "gamemode 1" since gamemode 2 is adventure mode, isn't it?

ucenna

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 22:20

Oh yeah! oops...

Edit: If I was to add a currency what do you guys think I should use. XP? Emerald? Gold? Scoreboard Points?

And how should it be dispersed. I could give a player a scoreboard point for winning a game or trading in a stack of blanks or something. Then the points could be used to ubtain otherwise unubtainable items (like low gravity boots, or stat increases)

Basicly what should I add concerning currency?
What Items can one buy?
How does one obtain currency?
and so on...

HAPPYFACES

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 22:45

Emerald and gold combined. For flexibility.

Also, if you can, can you make an enchanted item with which, when placed in the hotbar, someone can double-tap space and they can fly without being in the creative spot? That will be extremely helpful with Eternity. And I'll pay according to in-game currency.

Qcode

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 22:51

Last edited by Qcode on 21 Oct 2021, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

Jorichi

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 23:30

Here's is what I was thinking about a currency:

I would go with Emeralds.
They are extremely rare and hard to find, thus there is no direct way of farming them.
They also don't have any alternate useful use then being a currency (As villagers do).

XP is easily farmed and also easily lost. Gold is easily farmed as well by farming the Zombiepigs for nuggets.
Not sure what the pro's and con's are of Scoreboard Points.

Here are two ways I thought of creating an economy.
1. Focussed Jobs:
Every person picks a "job". This job is to farm something. Think about things like wheat, reeds, sheep, pigs, cows, basically anything that is generate-able.
The job you have taken will be your source of income and the only way for you to obtain money from the "bank". The bank has fixed prices for the items it buys (ofcourse this needs to be balanced between jobs). For the player to obtain other stuff they'd need to trade with other players, be it items or emeralds.
When trading with players you can always try to get a deal, something you can't do with the bank.
Ofcourse you can always do little side-jobs for people. Think of things like: "Hey could you find me a wild horse?", "Sure, 20 Emeralds".
However, the only problem will be that these kind of items can also be generated by other players. That's why I was thinking people should be restricted to generate or generate a certain amount of these things.
It could work with different currencies.

2. The Job Center:
Another way is that players can create "jobs" at a "job center" and other players can take these to get the reward. The jobs can be "Get me this", "Find that" or "Build me this" (or whatever you want to pay people for). They can be aimed at specific players or anyone. To generate money with this, the "bank" could create jobs as well to keep money flowing. From simple, low rewarding jobs to big, high rewarding jobs.
(I'd be more then willing to build a massive job center and create jobs like this (I already have quite some nice things in mind actually)).
It would require roughly 2 - 3 people to keep it running actively.
You can say it's some kind of quest-center.
I don't know how this would motivate people to trade and stuff, but that seems to be the problem with pretty much every way of trying to set some kind of economy.
I don't know if this could work with Scoreboard Points, but it would be nice to have now that I think about it (for the extra's it could give).

I personally prefer the Job Center (sounds more fun). Even more so if it can be used with Scoreboard Points.
You could also set up a special shop if you create Scoreboard points. In this shop you could sell stuff that isn't normally obtainable.

Qcode

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 23:36

Last edited by Qcode on 21 Oct 2021, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

Bonko

Post » 11 Sep 2013, 23:55

Nice avatar, Jorichi.

Anyways, I think we could do a combination. There both good ideas, though.
If a job center was used, it wouldd have to be constructed near Eona, since that's kinda the center of civilization.

Also,
Jorichi wrote: Think of things like: "Hey could you find me a wild horse?", "Sure, 20 Emeralds".
terrible deal.

Camewel

Post » 12 Sep 2013, 00:00

Jorichi wrote:Here's is what I was thinking about a currency:

I would go with Emeralds.
They are extremely rare and hard to find, thus there is no direct way of farming them.
They also don't have any alternate useful use then being a currency (As villagers do).

XP is easily farmed and also easily lost. Gold is easily farmed as well by farming the Zombiepigs for nuggets.
Not sure what the pro's and con's are of Scoreboard Points.

Here are two ways I thought of creating an economy.
1. Focussed Jobs:
Every person picks a "job". This job is to farm something. Think about things like wheat, reeds, sheep, pigs, cows, basically anything that is generate-able.
The job you have taken will be your source of income and the only way for you to obtain money from the "bank". The bank has fixed prices for the items it buys (ofcourse this needs to be balanced between jobs). For the player to obtain other stuff they'd need to trade with other players, be it items or emeralds.
When trading with players you can always try to get a deal, something you can't do with the bank.
Ofcourse you can always do little side-jobs for people. Think of things like: "Hey could you find me a wild horse?", "Sure, 20 Emeralds".
However, the only problem will be that these kind of items can also be generated by other players. That's why I was thinking people should be restricted to generate or generate a certain amount of these things.
It could work with different currencies.

2. The Job Center:
Another way is that players can create "jobs" at a "job center" and other players can take these to get the reward. The jobs can be "Get me this", "Find that" or "Build me this" (or whatever you want to pay people for). They can be aimed at specific players or anyone. To generate money with this, the "bank" could create jobs as well to keep money flowing. From simple, low rewarding jobs to big, high rewarding jobs.
(I'd be more then willing to build a massive job center and create jobs like this (I already have quite some nice things in mind actually)).
It would require roughly 2 - 3 people to keep it running actively.
You can say it's some kind of quest-center.
I don't know how this would motivate people to trade and stuff, but that seems to be the problem with pretty much every way of trying to set some kind of economy.
I don't know if this could work with Scoreboard Points, but it would be nice to have now that I think about it (for the extra's it could give).

I personally prefer the Job Center (sounds more fun). Even more so if it can be used with Scoreboard Points.
You could also set up a special shop if you create Scoreboard points. In this shop you could sell stuff that isn't normally obtainable.
If this is added I will join this server so hard.

ucenna

Post » 12 Sep 2013, 01:26

Hows this:
Job center, Special Scoreboard Point only shop, and a super villager that has a pile of trades (10 lgos for an emerald, diamond sword for 5 emeralds, etc.)

Edit: @HappyFaces how's about hover boots from the scoreboard shot?

thunderfapper

Post » 12 Sep 2013, 01:57

I like all the things you guys are coming up with, and I think it should be scoreboard points, and a shop with items, like long fall boots or boots that give you more health etc. you could get a point for every time you mine diamonds?

thunderfapper

Post » 12 Sep 2013, 05:07

Sorry for the double post, but should we use an amplified world, or just a normal world?
Also, I could do the restart now, if you wanted. I can upload the old world here

ucenna

Post » 12 Sep 2013, 05:13

Amplified would be nice, it would put a bit more work on the server though. Coincidentally I finished the griefer log in my schematic. I'll PM it to you and if you start the server I can work on the rest from there.

ucenna

Post » 12 Sep 2013, 05:36

The new world's going to be going up in a bit, so now's a good time to tell people how to use the new snapshot.
1. Open the minecraft launcher
2. Click New Profile in the bottom right
3. Check the enable experimental development versions.
4. run minecraft using the new profile.

thunderfapper

Post » 12 Sep 2013, 05:52

Updating to 13w36b now.