Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Super Smash Bros. 2014

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 22 Oct 2014, 06:31

The video's private now.

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 23 Oct 2014, 07:55

Found about twenty more of it by searching "ssb4 pokemon theme" and clicking videos. There are multiple postings of it. :L

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 04 Apr 2015, 03:40

Most of you probably know about the smash ballot thing.

And I'm sure all of you would never think you'd see something like this happening.
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/584023190692737024
I'm going to go cast my vote now I hope this gives some people an idea on who to vote for.

constachugga
User avatar
Posts: 233
Joined: 30 May 2012, 04:49
Reputation: 396
Contact:

Post » 04 Apr 2015, 03:53

4Chan's trying to get Shrek into the game...

Do need I say anything more than that?

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 969
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36
Reputation: 259

Post » 04 Apr 2015, 04:18

No I will and what I'm going to say is that probably isn't 4chan it's probably just /b/. And it's probably not even /b/, just the creatively challenged 11.8 year olds who came for the memes that they don't know have been dead for a while.
Don't take me too seriously
On the other hand,
Image

constachugga
User avatar
Posts: 233
Joined: 30 May 2012, 04:49
Reputation: 396
Contact:

Post » 04 Apr 2015, 04:32

In any case, it would be cool to see this:

Image

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 04 Apr 2015, 06:35

... Does 4Chan understand they're just wasting their time voting for shrek? it's not like the votes are going to be public so what's the point?

also another character in case some people are still not sure about who to vote for
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... ts/1187315
This one seems more likely imo and I would loooooove to see her in the game.

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 805
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 211
Contact:

Post » 04 Apr 2015, 17:51

This'll be cool. I voted for Jeff, Poo and Paula cuz why not.

bubba_nate
User avatar
Posts: 817
Joined: 02 Sep 2012, 23:22
Reputation: 30
Contact:

Post » 04 Apr 2015, 23:59

I agree with whoever said Quote from Cave Story should be in the game. I need to go back and finish Cave Story....
I'm planning on buying this for 3DS after I played the heck out of it when visiting my uncle. Meta Knight FTW!

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 05 Apr 2015, 03:24

A lot of people and creators are voting and are encouraging other people to vote for some pretty likely 3rd party characters.

Image

Image

Banjo is also supported by the owners.

And Nintendo has confirmed any 3rd party character can get in.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 05 Apr 2015, 03:24

A lot of people and creators are voting and are encouraging other people to vote for some pretty likely 3rd party characters.

Image

Image

Banjo is also supported by the owners.

And Nintendo has confirmed any 3rd party character can get in.

Edit:
whoops forgot about ren's posts, sorry
but hey now we have a bunch of characters under one post right?
Last edited by Cake on 05 Apr 2015, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 05 Apr 2015, 03:27

imaginary cake wrote:A lot of people and creators are voting and are encouraging other people to vote for some pretty likely 3rd party characters.

Image

Image

Banjo is also supported by the owners.

And Nintendo has confirmed any 3rd party character can get in.

Hey!

renhoek wrote:Most of you probably know about the smash ballot thing.

And I'm sure all of you would never think you'd see something like this happening.
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/584023190692737024
I'm going to go cast my vote now I hope this gives some people an idea on who to vote for.

renhoek wrote:... Does 4Chan understand they're just wasting their time voting for shrek? it's not like the votes are going to be public so what's the point?

also another character in case some people are still not sure about who to vote for
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... ts/1187315
This one seems more likely imo and I would loooooove to see her in the game.


Also I'm going nuts over the idea of Shantae making it in.

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 05 Apr 2015, 18:11

I vouch for Ridley regardless of the stage obstacle factor, because we need more Metroid rep. and everyone is inconsistent besides him and space pirates, which don't fit the art theme of smash. Don't hate :T

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 05 Apr 2015, 20:13

Ridley.
Is.
Too.
Freaking.
Big.

Seriously though, scaling him down would be like Ganondorf the size of Mario.
What would maybe work though is keeping Ridley big with strong and powerful moves to avoid completely being destroyed via the size; imagine how easy it world be to meteor smash or shoot the character with projectiles, or how easy landing a final smash would be. Even then, that would be incredibly hard to balance such a strange character.

(Also Dark Samus could be a character for more Metroid rep; if that's one Samus too many, then do someone from Other M.)

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 05 Apr 2015, 21:30

We do not speak of other M. And shut up about scaling. Your analogy was terrible. Olimar is the size of a bottlecap, and pikmin half. Not to mention this is Nintendo we're talking about.

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 198
Contact:

Post » 05 Apr 2015, 22:13

Honestly if the character's in as an assist trophy or a stage hazard it really has next to no chance to become a character. They'd have to do a lot of magic and tomfoolery to either remove the assist trophy or make it not show up if that character's in play, and it really doesn't seem worthwhile.

Plus Ridley's just Bowser with wings. We got one of those already. It's called Charizard.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 05 Apr 2015, 22:19

Being scaled up is entirely different from being scaled down; Olimar fits in perfectly fine, and so would Chibi Robo. This is due to the fact that these characters fit in perfectly fine in their own worlds- if someone saw the pure design of Olimar without seeing his environment, only his character art, then people would assume he's normal size (maybe short) and not 5cm tall. Chibi Robo works the same as well. If you want, we can poll people at school to see how tall these characters will be purely from character art.
Ganondorf looks big and menacing, Ridley even more so.
Ridley cannot be scaled down without losing that aspect of that character- and without that, you don't have Ridley.
Also Ridley is way too thin to be scaled down without looking weird.

I'm not against the idea Ridley being put into smash, but it's pretty much impossible.

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 05 Apr 2015, 23:04

Bowser is a turtle. Turtles are amphibians, therefore Ridley is a flying turtle. Okay. So basically charizard is a flying turtle too. Anyhow, it older games he had different ratios and such due to alternate forms (i.e. omega, meta, etc.) so older models could be used. True his stage hazard presence would be an issue. However, there are literally zero characters (and I mean characters not just general enemies) that recur throughout the series more than three times (about 1/4 of the games). So representation for Metroid is extremely limited to Samus and Ridley. I want someone who didn't die for the sake of canon-uity for my favorite game to be playable in smash. So I'm gonna be a stubborn fuck. Sorry. But I still hold the belief that it's possible even by slim measures.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4635
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 06 Apr 2015, 02:53

Defiant Shout wrote:So representation for Metroid is extremely limited to Samus and Ridley.

...and they're both in the game. No need to add someone where it doesn't work.

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1218
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35
Reputation: 265
Contact:

Post » 06 Apr 2015, 03:06

All this support for indie characters - Shovel Knight, Shantae, CommanderVideo, Sash Lilac, and whoever else - makes me wonder just how feasible an indie take on Smash would be.

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 969
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36
Reputation: 259

Post » 06 Apr 2015, 03:08

Why not fuse both ice climbers together and create Nopa, the ultimate climber

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 06 Apr 2015, 06:07

One can still dream. ;-;

Anyhow, it sucks that smash was made right before the upgrade of the 3ds, because now double characters like ice climbers are feasible for the doubled powers of the new 3ds.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 06 Apr 2015, 06:11

As much as I want the ice climbers, even if they were put in the New3DS version, they wouldn't do it because then they'd be snubbing previous 3DS adopters. (and if you say "so what" you're a selfish idiot)

WillWare wrote:All this support for indie characters - Shovel Knight, Shantae, CommanderVideo, Sash Lilac, and whoever else - makes me wonder just how feasible an indie take on Smash would be.

I'm on Team Shantae all the way baby.

Also I love Freedom Planet but I really don't ever see Sash Lilac making it in because outside of getting soon to be released port, she has almost nothing to do with Nintendo and is super recent.
And for CommanderVideo... Where'd you find that? I have no problem with people wanting him but I gotta wonder who would, because no offence but the last thing he could be considered is a fighter...

I'm on the boat that Nintendo should just go.
Image




Also I'm all for another Metroid rep, but if the game has him in already (and cutting him as a stage hazard is a huge change to the stage), and the creator actively says it's not happening.

It's not happening,

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 06 Apr 2015, 06:25

Honestly, making dlc different for separate systems is anything but selfish, and a good marketing technique for Nintendo. And who knows, maybe they will.
I would say shovel knight, shantae, and quote, but it's a Nintendo franchise, and I like to keep third party characters to a minimum. I was actually pissed when they kept Sonic. :/

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 198
Contact:

Post » 06 Apr 2015, 07:14

Don't really understand why you didn't want Sonic in this, he's honestly a perfect fit for this game and, most likely, will continue to show up in future Smash games. Seeing Sonic fight Mario just never gets old and Nintendo and Sega know it. Plus many of Sonic's great games are on Nintendo's consoles, like Colors and all the handheld titles. He's kinda here to stay.

As for indie characters, I only really want the main 3 populars like anyone else. Shantae, Quote, and Shovel Knight. They've all had great impacts on the indie scene, and all have games on Nintendo's consoles. Hell Shantae has the best chance of all 3 because up until the Steam Release of Risky's Revenge she was Nintendo exclusive.
Quote's had his game on 2 different Nintendo consoles as well so it gives him a dang good chance too.
And though Shovel Knight's pretty recent his game did come out on Nintendo consoles first for a good margin of time before being released on Playstation platforms and long before being announced for an Xbox One release.

Also the whole "system exclusive characters" idea would never work, since they want both Original- and New-3DS styles to be able to connect to each other, and it'd be more trouble than it's worth to make certain character choices only connect to certain systems, and considering you connect to your opponent BEFORE you choose your fighter, they'd have to do a major rewrite of many parts of the online to make that work. Again, more trouble than it's worth.
And IMO, it's not a good business practice because the game's meant to be played with friends on the 3 different styles of 3DS: Original, New, and 2DS. Making one character exclusive to one of the 3 just kills the enjoyment of that character.

Now all that out of the way the two characters that I want in the game are Bayonetta and Bomberman. Yes they're 3rd party but Sega's already got one rep in this, and given how outstanding Bayonetta 2 did, it wouldn't hurt to have her in the game. With Bomberman he got his start on NES and almost all the games he had on Nintendo consoles were freaking great. He needs love.

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 06 Apr 2015, 09:24

Throws up hands
FINE, I give up. I'll stop talking. Now the thread can be happy again.
Jeez.

Edit: I changed my mind.
Image

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 06 Apr 2015, 17:54

Super Meat Boy is being promoted to appear in smash, even if it's unlikely to happen.
linky

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4635
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 06 Apr 2015, 23:03

idiot9.0 wrote:Hell Shantae has the best chance of all 3 because up until the Steam Release of Risky's Revenge she was Nintendo exclusive.

Then suddenly I remembered Maxwell is pretty much the same but more importantly I haven't voted for him yet OHMYGOD

bubba_nate
User avatar
Posts: 817
Joined: 02 Sep 2012, 23:22
Reputation: 30
Contact:

Post » 07 Apr 2015, 00:04

TurretBot wrote:
Defiant Shout wrote:So representation for Metroid is extremely limited to Samus and Ridley.

...and they're both in the game. No need to add someone where it doesn't work.

As are metroids themselves. !%$# YOU, YOU STUPID UNDEFEATABLE MONSTER! RAAAAARGH *gets KO'd by metroid*
Darned things aren't as bad as the Master Hand tho'. Kirby doesn't have many great attacks for fighting that thing, since his main special is stealing other people's abilities. Also, my L button doesn't work so I either have to disable Shield or Grab, so it's kind of hard to fight him if I got there by grabbing people and beating them up.

EDIT: Reckless safety man... Heh. I'd actually like to see that, can't be any crazier than OP WII FIT TRAINER OF BEATING ME UP WITH YOGA OF DEATH.

MagicPillow
User avatar
Posts: 1234
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59
Reputation: 296
Contact:

Post » 07 Apr 2015, 03:22

I personally find Master Hand (and/or Crazy Hand) to be pretty easy with Kirby.
That could just be because I main him, though.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 07 Apr 2015, 04:39

MagicPillow wrote:I personally find Master Hand (and/or Crazy Hand) to be pretty easy with Kirby.
That could just be because I main him, though.

I find them easier to play as anyone.


Also I'm really obssessed with the idea of Shantae making it in.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 07 Apr 2015, 05:32

CommanderVideo person that was already a trophy in smash is now being supported.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/07/choice-provisions-wants-commandervideo-from-the-bit-trip-series-in-smash-bros/

Also apparently there's 5 blank spots on the smash roster on the official website now.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/06/theres-five-blank-spots-on-the-super-smash-bros-character-lineup/

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 07 Apr 2015, 06:25

imaginary cake wrote:CommanderVideo person that was already a trophy in smash is now being supported.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/07/choice-provisions-wants-commandervideo-from-the-bit-trip-series-in-smash-bros/

Also apparently there's 5 blank spots on the smash roster on the official website now.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/06/theres-five-blank-spots-on-the-super-smash-bros-character-lineup/

2015 the year of thirsty indie devs.


Also this exact thing happened during dev of smash 4, it's just the way the website generates characters. Because last time people were saying there's only be 4 more characters when it turned out there were about 10 more.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 07 Apr 2015, 18:17

Gunvolt person developer wants to be in smash.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/07/inti-creates-wants-gunvolt-in-smash/

Also this smash poll escalated quickly.
Artix from that weird online "Adventure Quest" that you keep seeing advertised is also being supported to be in smash; this is nearly as bad as Goku but much more official.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/07/the-developers-of-adventure-quest-want-artix-in-super-smash-bros/

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 07 Apr 2015, 21:50

You insult something you have never played. How quaint. And as for Goku, motherfucking deal with the fact that he's in smash flash. They can do what they want with the game. You whine too much about that. And making that the only reason not to try it is also bs.
--End Rant Towards Cake--
I see no point in putting up links just to insult them, everyone's gonna try to get in. Unless you have a legitimate reason such as upvoting that character there's no point in posting.

zorua7551
User avatar
Posts: 194
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 04:23
Reputation: 5

Post » 07 Apr 2015, 22:48

The 5 extra spots have been there since the release of smash 4. I'm kinda surprised people are making it such a big deal now, and i can see why because minor things like that aren't very noticed. Possibly might be placeholders in the future for more characters but I doubt they'll announce more characters until later.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 07 Apr 2015, 23:18

Defiant Shout wrote:You insult something you have never played. How quaint. And as for Goku, motherducking deal with the fact that he's in smash flash. They can do what they want with the game. You whine too much about that. And making that the only reason not to try it is also bs.
--End Rant Towards Cake--
I see no point in putting up links just to insult them, everyone's gonna try to get in. Unless you have a legitimate reason such as upvoting that character there's no point in posting.


The reason why I called both Goku and the adventure quest characters terrible for smash is because these characters have nothing to do with Nintendo.
This makes them terrible candidates.

Also the main reason why I don't want to play smash flash or even "try" it (which I actually do from time to time with Stephen when an extra 3DS with smash isn't around) is mostly because I suck at the controls, and the art style is too conflicting for me. It's terribly inconsistent. Goku is just a lame excuse that I keep throwing out because I don't want to extend this debate far past what you make it to be.
The only point to posting these links is to show that the developers officially support their characters being in smash. That means they have a lot better odds in general in getting in because obtaining licensing issues become much simpler.

Don't be critical of people until you understand their reasoning- have a straight-up conversation with me, by phone or in person, the next time you want to criticize me over my opinion on the internet.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 08 Apr 2015, 05:31

imaginary cake wrote:Gunvolt person developer wants to be in smash.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/07/inti-creates-wants-gunvolt-in-smash/

Also this smash poll escalated quickly.
Artix from that weird online "Adventure Quest" that you keep seeing advertised is also being supported to be in smash; this is nearly as bad as Goku but much more official.
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/07/the-developers-of-adventure-quest-want-artix-in-super-smash-bros/

Wow OK this is getting ridiculous. (gunvolts ok I guess)

I want to try and guess which has nothing to do with Nintendo wants in.
My guess goes to Gomez from Fez... (well seeing as his developer's a prick I doubt it'll happen I don't know who to guess)

Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 652
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21
Reputation: 267
Contact:

Post » 08 Apr 2015, 06:27

as someone who did play adventure quest... shit's boring af. not to mention that yeah, it has no relevance to nintendo.
You could try to justify that Goku has appeared in video games on nintendo; however it breaks the idea that Smash is made up of video-game characters. if we're brutally honest with ourselves, Goku is not a 'video-game character'; he's an anime character, he simply doesn't fit in with estabilished video-game characters because he isn't one.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32
Reputation: 415
Contact:

Post » 08 Apr 2015, 08:25

I voted for Gun Guy.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 08 Apr 2015, 20:08

Although IGN aren't the developers of anything, they're pushing to vote for Tails.
https://instagram.com/p/1MULjkMTHd/

IGN seems to have a pretty large community, so beware.

zorua7551
User avatar
Posts: 194
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 04:23
Reputation: 5

Post » 08 Apr 2015, 20:32

imaginary cake wrote:Although IGN aren't the developers of anything, they're pushing to vote for Tails.
https://instagram.com/p/1MULjkMTHd/

IGN seems to have a pretty large community, so beware.


Yet another predictable voted character. Not sure if Sega will be ok
with adding someone else besides sonic.

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 08 Apr 2015, 22:57

It would seem from comments alone, he doesn't have a lot of support, so I'm not too worried about it. It's better than some other character being a sonic clone though. 3 clones in one game is plenty.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 09 Apr 2015, 00:04

There is nothing wrong with clones in a game; they take up less time to develop than other characters and provide a fresh take on the existing character.
I personally wish for more clones in order to sneak in more favorite characters- Mrs Pac-Man, Louie, (from Pikmin) and ProtoMan (from Megaman) to name a few.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 09 Apr 2015, 03:14

There's about 20 other characters I'd like to see over Tails.
It's kind of annoying that we're given the choice to add any character and people are asking for characters that already have a good representation in smash already...
But that's just me.

Cake
User avatar
Posts: 1436
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29
Reputation: 286

Post » 09 Apr 2015, 05:40

Personally, I don't really think representation is a thing inside smash. More or less characters for a specific series means nothing, as long as one character is in smash in the first place. That being said, the more characters there are for a series means the more people that will play those characters as those characters now have a larger percentage of the roster.
Still though, the important part is getting a character into smash in the first place.

Also Rusty is being supported by the developers now.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ImageForm/status/585790722827104256

Defiant Shout
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44
Reputation: 197
Contact:

Post » 09 Apr 2015, 09:18

You really want a second "jam down special then strong up?"
Because I really think you don't. I don't. I'd sell my 3DS if they made another.
And anyone who is confused, I'm talking about Sonic in layman's terms, who rolls into a leg-clap.
Anyhow, it would be an utter waste of five slots with (almost) limitless possibility for a remake that took no time or effort to make.
And Rusty has no legs. How will he settle it in smash?

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 09 Apr 2015, 09:40

Defiant Shout wrote:You really want a second "jam down special then strong up?"
Because I really think you don't. I don't. I'd sell my 3DS if they made another.
And anyone who is confused, I'm talking about Sonic in layman's terms, who rolls into a leg-clap.

Yes a character who's main ability is flying would definitely be a clone of a character who's main ability is running fast. (What's with your hate boner for Sonic? I don't particularly like Mewtwo but you don't see me bitching about selling my DS)

Defiant Shout wrote:Anyhow, it would be an utter waste of five slots with (almost) limitless possibility for a remake that took no time or effort to make.


We debunked the five slots as bullshit. there's about 11 hidden characters not listed (12 if you count Lucas) and the list only has 1 slot for the ??? Character section, if we take that into consideration there there'd be about 4 blank slots (again if you count Lucas it's 3) since there can only be about 9 characters per page.

I don't know why people think that Smash brothers is locked to a certain amount of slots, how can anyone believe that at this point? (I'm not talking to you specifically Defiant Shout I'm talking about in general)

Also what do you mean by remake.

Defiant Shout wrote:And Rusty has no legs. How will he settle it in smash?

Could use his arms?
I have no idea what steam world dig is so I'm not going to tackle you for this one :P (I don't think he deserves to be in smash either)


This thing where developers want their characters in the game is getting really ridiculous.

Jorichi
Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 999
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08
Reputation: 328
Contact:

Post » 09 Apr 2015, 15:41

Defiant Shout wrote:And Rusty has no legs. How will he settle it in smash?

R.O.B. doesn't either. Yet he can wreck your ass if played right.

For me either Shantae, Paper Mario or Banjo-Kazooie would make me buy the WiiU version (and probably an Amiibo if they get one) and blow new life into the game.
All three of them could have amazing move-sets. I'm not holding much hope for BK, but I've grown up with those game and they are still nintendo classics in my eyes.
I've heard some ridiculous arguments that, for example, BK would get more attention for Microsoft's Rare. I think it's more important to look for characters that have been or still are Nintendo Gems. The only limitation I see with non-Nintendo characters are that Amiibo are less of an option since they have no other games to be applied to. If the company in question is in good terms with Nintendo then it would all be possible. I just don't know if they want all characters in Smash to get an Amiibo, that might change a few things for the character's chances.

We had our fun with the joke ballots, now it's time to actually check who has a valid chance. I wouldn't be happy with comeback characters, besides I think they might just be DLC's later on. A copy character wouldn't be great unless their fighting style would be completely different (e.g. Paper Mario).
But any title that has a solid standing in the Nintendo community does have increased chances.

My best bet is Paper Mario. He's Mario after all, but totally different. Easy to animate. Gives the modelers a break. Has a whole heap of potential moves, including his partners, Paper Transformations from TTYD, Star Powers from 64 or Mega Stickers from SS.
I think I like Shantae best though. She's completely new and completely fits the requirements in my eyes. Again has a ton of potential moves, plus I'd love to see her in 3D and get an Amiibo. I really think WayForward deserves this for their incredible work on their games.
Rayman is a good potential character too, though I'm not a huge fan and I see nothing wrong with him.
I'm surprised I haven't seen any "& Knuckles" jokes since the ballot started. But any Sonic character is possible. Never been a fan, but they're close with Nintendo now and I wouldn't really mind, plus they have tons of fans that'd vote for any of the characters.
Bayonetta? Probably not. Oversexualization was already a big deal with Zero Suit Samus, I don't think they want to go through that again. Plus I think Bayonetta kinda stands out of the Smash style.
Shovel Knight is a maybe. A very, very vague maybe.
Quote from Cave Story doesn't really have much going for him for moves. Or reputation from games to go on.
That's about all the solid suggestions I've seen.
Any comebacks; probably not. They either will never turn up or come in as DLC characters, but doubt they'd be accepted for a ballot where they ask for new and creative characters.

I just hope they surprise me with a character I'm looking forward to or one that surprises everyone in a good way.
Now to sit back and watch Ecco the Dolphin make it in.

Flutter Skye
User avatar
Posts: 1717
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54
Reputation: 787
Contact:

Post » 09 Apr 2015, 17:08

Image


Return to “Twatter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest