Chat "Room" v2

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Camewel

Post » 18 Nov 2013, 10:59

stop indirectly hating on my excellent joke you assholes
ren your tiles are hot
hugo's avatar is great
PPOTOU was a joke about people taking jokes too seriously so yeah the whole thing is dumb
also turret people hate you because you're a dumbass, if you were actually helpful people would like you
also on topic I don't see why mario party doesn't have online yet

renhoek

Post » 18 Nov 2013, 11:27

Camewel wrote:ren your tiles are hot
they are? OH SHIT! (I think this is the third bad joke I've made today.)
Camewel wrote:also on topic I don't see why mario party doesn't have online yet
I could see it working with friends or in a mini game mode as regular matches can take hours to complete, (come to think of it MP9's car gimmick could really help in the pacing of online seeing as everyone moves at once) but I can't see it working with random people online as matches could have horrendous lag issues *stares at brawl* and imagine if one asshole decides to leave the game for a moment leaving everyone waiting for him to get back, though I think a good counter measure for that would be to add a timer but then we'd end up with people who just sit there waiting for the timer to run out just to piss everyone off.
Though I would love to play with real people instead of computers as yesterday I was playing mp2 with my brother and when the cpus win it feels like they cheat every time.
quick summary of the experience.
-Oh wow the boo I wanted to pick in day of the races got picked by yoshi, Oh wow he won and me and my bother got third and fourth isn't that lovely?
-Oh wow Luigi got 3 stars from ? blocks without talking to toad and with 5 coins that's some serious luck.
-Oh wow Yoshi got a high roll and got to talk to boo twice stealing from guess who? (hint the only one with money still in the bank was luigi)
-Oh wow I got a gold mushroom and all I got was a 5 landing me right next to the boo chain and the next turn's day.
TL:DNR: I could only see it working with online friends or in a minigame stadium thing.

Polybius

Post » 18 Nov 2013, 11:50

@Camwel: Rage stew. . chili hot!, so spice!, burns the touch.
Calm down camwel. Do you need a hug or something comforting?

Anyways, back on topic. I agree, Mario party has no online because a game of Mario Party lasts ages unless they shorten the round by about 6-10 turns and the player turns as well. Either that or have online be minigames only, which would be pretty interesting.
As for Super Mario 3D World, online play on that would have been amazing. players could have formed parties and if they could seamlessly add and drop players in a world, or in the world map, that would have been epic.

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 18 Nov 2013, 11:57

drone36 wrote:Meh, jokes:
Maurice cooks up his Thanksgiving turkey with Sasoning.
This made me laugh.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 18 Nov 2013, 16:18

renhoek wrote:well I said that because when I made the post I was expecting some feedback and I thought it was funny how I could never have made the posts and no one would have noticed. I wasn't really upset, I was just poking fun at it.
That's what I meant :)
renhoek wrote:anyway hugo may I ask how you're guy feel down? (though seriously I think you art looks okay, it has some small perspective problems but other than that it's alright.)
The perspective problem is something that always happens. It's hard to fit a cartoony character in a 3D-shadow-light-ish ambient.
I just wanted some feedback, but it's okay :)

Cake

Post » 19 Nov 2013, 02:45

The post I had was far unnecessary.
Anyway...
Anyone know a good, free program that can be used to create 16-bit tracks?

BobTheLawyer

Post » 19 Nov 2013, 02:52

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValle ... indexE.htm
This converts .midi files into more video game like music.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 19 Nov 2013, 03:03

imaginary cake wrote: Anyone know a good, free program that can be used to create 16-bit tracks?
I wanna know some too... But one to create, not to convert...

HansAgain

Post » 19 Nov 2013, 03:12

Well, i know about one, but it is to create 8-bit tracks, not 16-bit, but i think there are not much difference.
Yo!

TheSeek

Post » 19 Nov 2013, 03:38

Hans1998 wrote:Well, i know about one, but it is to create 8-bit tracks, not 16-bit, but i think there are not much difference.
Yo!
There are a lot of differences...NES music is 8-bit, SNES music is 16-bit.
BobTheLawyer wrote:http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValle ... indexE.htm
This converts .midi files into more video game like music.
There is also a B773, and btw, GXSCC plays midi files emulating the SCC sound chip, which was used in some MSX games, so it won't sound really close to what most people think of regarding 8-bit or 16-bit music, aka NES/SMS/C64 for 8-bit, and SNES/Genesis for 16-bit.

HansAgain

Post » 19 Nov 2013, 04:34

Does anybody know about a Physics proyect about music?

BobTheLawyer

Post » 19 Nov 2013, 04:37

Not off the top of my head.
Who's planning on buying Concerned Joe Alpha when it comes out?
I hear it's going to be about $5 and could be out in 2 weeks.

I definitely am. It seems amazing. I'm a bit disapointed that there are no premade levels, but hopefully there will be a community that does that. I'm pretty excited.

HansAgain

Post » 19 Nov 2013, 04:45

BobTheLawyer wrote: Who's planning on buying Concerned Joe Alpha when it comes out?
I would like to buy it, i have the amount of $5 in my wallet, but sadly i can't, because my parents don't trust in the online money.
Aww..

TripleXero

Post » 19 Nov 2013, 07:32

Off topic, but I've been messing with friends recently and giving them this and similar files to open. If you want to try it: http://www.mediafire.com/view/c75jes88ktqytw3/Test.vbs

To disable it after it's on, open task manager and find wscript.exe and close it

Cake

Post » 19 Nov 2013, 08:22

Dang it, I wanted a new page.
What I really meant was a program that had instruments that could replicate the SNES's music capabilities.

Polybius

Post » 19 Nov 2013, 08:42

Try: AudioSauna.com

Its an online synth with loads of tools!, you can easily replicate NES sounds with that synth. It can even export the music you make to .mp3 or .WAV
I`m sure its better than nothing :o

Costinteo

Post » 19 Nov 2013, 19:35

Hans1998 wrote: My parents don't trust in the online money.
Why don't you ask them to make you a credit card that is yours and only yours (on their name if you don't have the age required to make one on your name) and put your money on it? That would be totally secure and you will also show them that some online payments are safe.

Cake

Post » 20 Nov 2013, 02:02

Noted: Audiosauna is still in the beta phase... :D

Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 were both shown off at the same time, but SM3DW is releasing in 3 days and we haven't seen anything new from MK8 since.
I mean, there was plenty shown from Smash and that game's even further in the future.

Edit: I never knew that making music could be so complex...

HansAgain

Post » 20 Nov 2013, 04:02

Costinteo wrote:Why don't you ask them to make you a credit card that is yours and only yours (on their name if you don't have the age required to make one on your name) and put your money on it? That would be totally secure and you will also show them that some online payments are safe.
That's a good idea, i will try.

In other notices i did some tiles and gifs:

Image Image Image Image

MM102

Post » 20 Nov 2013, 06:20

http://katfacts.herokuapp.com
so... my friends brother and some of his friends are working on a website

Polybius

Post » 20 Nov 2013, 07:53

imaginary cake wrote:Noted: Audiosauna is still in the beta phase... :D

Super Mario 3D World and Mario Kart 8 were both shown off at the same time, but SM3DW is releasing in 3 days and we haven't seen anything new from MK8 since.
I mean, there was plenty shown from Smash and that game's even further in the future.

Edit: I never knew that making music could be so complex...
complex but fun!, if you cant make digital music, just pick up a guitar, its the next best thing. Once you get an effects pedal, everything sounds cooler!

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 20 Nov 2013, 17:49

For some reason the SNES trackers are one of the hardest to find. People who want to use SNES instruments normally just add reverb to a square wave and sample a load of sounds from SNES games they like.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 01:00

My computer says that only 2.46 GB out of the 4.00 GB of my installed RAM is usable.
Is that normal?
My computer runs slower than it used to, and I was wondering if that was part of the problem.

copy

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 03:24

Defrag, AVG virus scan, MalwareBytes scan, remove unused software, check to see if memory is bad (if so, scan the memory one at a time. When you find the broken one replace it), clear computers insides of any dust.
That should fix most problems. BUT you already knew that.
That's my piece of usefulness for the rest of the week.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 04:03

Thanks for the recommendation of programs. I'll have to check on those.
I'm planning on trying out memtest.
I'm still wondering if my small amount of usable ram is normal.

Polybius

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 07:19

BobTheLawyer wrote:My computer says that only 2.46 GB out of the 4.00 GB of my installed RAM is usable.
Is that normal?
My computer runs slower than it used to, and I was wondering if that was part of the problem.
A defrag would do wonders on your pc.
go into cmd and run this: "defrag [name of your drive]" (Usually C: or D: depending how many hard drives you have.)

<no quotation marks>

Automatik

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 16:32

drone36 wrote:A defrag would do wonders on your pc.
go into cmd and run this: "defrag [name of your drive]" (Usually C: or D: depending how many hard drives you have.)
What. No.
A defrag will sort and reassemble files so that the hard drive is faster at reading files. It don't have anything to do with RAM, and it sure isn't a magical "fix everything" solution.
@Bob: Where did you see that 2.46 GB/4.00 GB is useable?

Camewel

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 16:50

I'm betting he went Task Manager -> Performance -> Physical Memory -> Available
If you did Bob, stop panicking.

Costinteo

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 19:43

~unrelated~

Sorry for busting in..
You probably don't care, but I found a really cute and awesome TF2 Saxxy Entry:
~unrelated~

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 20:37

BobTheLawyer wrote:My computer says that only 2.46 GB out of the 4.00 GB of my installed RAM is usable.
Is that normal?
Integrated intel graphics card that for some reason uses 1.5 GB of memory would be my guess.

Do a speccy or something.

Mari0Maker

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 23:52

Camewel wrote:I'm betting he went Task Manager -> Performance -> Physical Memory -> Available
If you did Bob, stop panicking.
He went to My Computer (or just Computer considering he's on Windows 7) properties.

B-Man99

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 01:24

Just curious what are you guys's thoughts on ghosts?

Cake

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 01:30

They make as great stories and inspirations for enemies, etc.
I like them.

HansAgain

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 01:39

They are ghostly, in a good way.
Now seriously, i believe in the posibility that they exist, but in my school (more spesific in religion class) they teach me that they are devils, because when the people die, they go to the hell or to the heaven, but nobody stay here...
anyway, that's a serious thought, and out of that, i agree with imaginary cake.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 02:18

I'm going to agree with Imaginary Cake, but I don't feel they exist.

Bonko

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 02:36

Agreed, bob. Ghosts really have no reason for existing, nor is there any proof whatsoever. Concerned with supernatural events, there are WAY more alien sightings then ghosts. I do believe aliens exist (I mean, the universe is f'ing huge), just that they have made no or extremely little contact with earth.

Turtle95

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 03:40

B-Man99 wrote:Just curious what are you guys's thoughts on ghosts?
When I was younger (not sure how many years ago) I was in my room. I had just woken up, and it was early in the morning (around 2 AM I think) and I saw a ghost walking back and forth in the middle of my room. I don't know how. It was creepy, so I just laid back and turned my head away from the spot, and slept peacefully while trying to get the picture of the ghost out of my head.

B-Man99

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 04:27

Turtle95 wrote:When I was younger (not sure how many years ago) I was in my room. I had just woken up, and it was early in the morning (around 2 AM I think) and I saw a ghost walking back and forth in the middle of my room. I don't know how. It was creepy, so I just laid back and turned my head away from the spot, and slept peacefully while trying to get the picture of the ghost out of my head.
Da-- err I mean wow
What did it like... look like? OR are you just trying to get in a spooky story? Are you sure it wasn't a dream? I have dreams where I think I've woken up too...
But anyway the whole reason why I asked was because a few days ago this thing happened and well I'll leave out the personal parts but anyone someone was talking as if a lost loved one could hear them and asked for a sign if he/she had liked something, and this little scarecrow in a closet moved to the hallway one day and to the window another and we have proof that no one touched it... so I guess the lost loved one was giving us a sign maybe I don't know I'm new to the whole ghost thing...? I'm more of a "conspiracy theorist" than a "supernatural skeptic" if that makes sense
Speaking of which, the Magic Bullet Theory is a lie! (Hard not to say that in all caps :D)

...*facepalm* flame wars please spare me

copy

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 05:21

Ghost stories?
I don't have any.
Cause nobody died in this house.
I'm boring and tired.

Wilo

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 06:12

[shitheadmode] but guise how u explain sonic.exe not real??? is real as fuck like herobrain [/shitheadmode]
Hahaha, ghosts don't exist.
So I got in this group of people and we decided to go around wear red-framed sunglasses and do the Team Flare pose to random people and talk like them and stuff today, nothing out of the ordinary.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 06:31

In a few year ago, me and my nephew saw something like a ghost. We weren't sure about what that was. We were playing of finding glowing toys on a dark room. Nothing wrong, 'til I saw something big glowing relatively close to us. I told him "Are you seeing this?" and he said yes. At first I thought it was a T-shirt (that really looked like one), but then I realized they don't glow on dark. I told him "Turn on the light..." and, when he did, there was nothing there. We both run to the other side of the street screaming like we never did. We panicked A LOT.

Recently I recorded a video with him. We were trying to make a sort-of horror movie. We recorded sometimes, but when I watched the video again I saw (for fractions of seconds) a silhouette that resembled a women. There was nobody there when we recorded that. He doesn't know because I don't wanna him scared, but I still have the video...

renhoek

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 06:44

I encountered a ghost in a mario game, every time I looked at him he'd stopped moving and when I looked away he would follow me.
Do I get best spooky now?

Wilo

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 06:58

Renhoek, you have given me nightmares. Okay fine, ghost story, but YOU ASKED FOR IT.
One night, I had a dream about a girl around my age at the time (like, 9 or something.), and she was shriveled, mulitated, naked, and had severe .. atomical problems. Her head was backwards, she had an eye on her forehead and palms, her leg was on her other leg, GIANT vessels covered her frail, thin body. I could see her individual cells. I woke up in cold sweat and rolled over to go back to bed, but I got the same dream several times over. The next day, I saw that SAME EXACT girl walking down the sidewalk. I turned around for a second, and she was gone. Disappeared.

Polybius

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 07:55

I dug up small dead animals from under my house, twice. Sorry for re-post but i thought it should be here.
drone36 wrote:Anyway, here's a story about me, It's spooky perfect for Halloween:

I am a pretty simple person as you can tell, but this event was beyond ordinary or simple. This is a story that will tell you something about me, and may sound odd, but It is true.

I once lived in an elevated house on the outskirts of my small town. It was on a forest covered hillside. This house was pretty old but still comfortable, although oddly colder than any other place I've previously lived in. Mornings in this house were frigid, I would get out of bed and step onto freezing wooden floors below. I didn't mind it much. The first night I heard a thump under the bed I ignored it mostly because it was a house near the woods, and it was elevated so animals could possibly live under there possibly a squirrel or something. I ignored it for a week or so until I came back from school and found a nearly dead pigeon at my doorstep I picked it up, and took a look at its wounds.It was bleeding profusely I couldn't have taken care of it because the wound was too serious, that's when it bled to death in my hands. I felt guilty, i placed it gently down on the edge of the step and carried on feeling guilty until i heard the thud while trying to sleep once more. That's when i decided first Saturday morning I would check what that noise was. About 4 days had gone by until the fateful day came. I did my weekend house duties then i got a flashlight and a screwdriver to check under the house. The house used to be blue, but my dad painted it a silly yellow.(He's color blind from certain shades of yellow. I inherited this but with certain shades of red.)

I unscrewed the screws holding the vent in place, turned on my flashlight and crawled in. I took a look around, the stench hit me, the smell was putrid and the floor was muddy. I regretted this, but curiosity always bites everyone at some time. I crawled to where I thought my room would be above me. I found nothing. I then decided i should have a look around, there's got to be something. On my way out i found a box it was muddy and horrid smelling, but again curiosity sparked my intrigue. I got out, it was about sunset. I made my way inside my house. My family was heading off to bed. I cleaned up the box and opened it. "Animal bones?" I was confused. they resembled a small bird possibly a pigeon. I gently picked up the dead pigeon i found the day before and settled it in the same box i just found and gave it a proper burial and respects, I still felt somewhat guilty. I washed up and went to bed. I heard the bump for about a few weeks.

I then found a dead cat on my porch one day. I'm not the type that gets scared, not anymore at least. Roller coasters don't thrill me like they used to, Its like the part of my brain that tells me I'm scared, or thrilled, is dead. i just looked at the cat, and looked around. I got some gloves and picked up the cat and buried it where i had the pigeon buried. I then wondered was that thud under the bed related to these animals? I decided again another weekend would be me digging under the house. It was Saturday morning, I got my shovel, flashlight, and screwdriver to begin spelunking under the house once more. I took the screws off that vent, and turned on my flashlight, and crawled in with the shovel. i began digging and found more boxes just like the one i had found weeks before. There were about 6-8 of them. I took them out a couple at a time. I'm not the type that asks questions frequently, but that day was full of them. I screwed the vent back on. It was night, my family was asleep. I made my way in with a pile of muddy boxes, a shovel, a flashlight and a screwdriver in my pocket. Each box i opened was a different animal, one a squirrel, another a bird, another was a small rabbit.

I buried them where the pigeon and cat were buried, all 8 boxes now that i remember the animal bones. I washed up, and went to bed. the thud hit once more. The recession hit the U.S we were forced to move, I never did find out what those boxes were doing there, or that thud's origin. My sister had that same room before she left, she told me something was driving her mad or something of the sort. She always came home with muddy boxes. That's when she ran away. She visited me at school once. Then at my birthday once. Then at a family reunion. then never again. . .

the end.

Shadowlord

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 19:35

This isn't related to ghosts but it was so creepy:
When I was around 5 years old I was playing outside with my brothers. We noticed something in the sky, and it was coming towards our yard. About a minute later it lands in my backyard. We go and check it out, and on further inspection, it was a deflated chuckie-cheese balloon. Weirdest thing I've ever seen.
Also I had a dream I was living on a peaceful island and all hell broke loose when slenderman came to kill me. As I thought I was doomed, Obi-Wan Kenobi came and sliced him in half. Then it became a TV series and went on for 2 seasons before I woke up.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 21:43

It's sad that people will label mari0 lets plays on youtube "HD" to get more views.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDJ7inFBrG0#t=18

Qcode

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 21:54

Check the related videos. The majority of his videos have (HD) in the title.

LightningFire

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 22:41

BobTheLawyer wrote:It's sad that people will label mari0 lets plays on youtube "HD" to get more views.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDJ7inFBrG0#t=18
No, it's sad that people will label any video "HD" to get more views.

Cake

Post » 23 Nov 2013, 02:59

Just spoiled Super Mario 3d World to myself.
It's actually shaping up really well for a Mario game. The final boss is hilarious and overwhelming...
But it's not something too out of the ordinary. Unless you count the final level itself, that is...

renhoek

Post » 23 Nov 2013, 03:33

You lucky sons of b*tches get it lucky, I still need to wait an entire week before I can actually get the game.