Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Criticism.

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
bubba_nate
User avatar
Posts: 818
Joined: 02 Sep 2012, 23:22

Post » 23 Jun 2014, 04:09

I said it was out of context. I meant you said someone else had said that I was posting badly.
B-Man99 in a PM wrote:Some people have been saying your ridiculousness is getting out of hand

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 23 Jun 2014, 04:21

This was like a month ago I doubt we need to dwell on it.
I was trying to say that your public appearance was improving so you really shouldn't be concerned
idk how old you are but sometimes your two word posts after quotes with really obscure thoughts were a bit weird
I can't think of anything recent

Shank
User avatar
Posts: 226
Joined: 24 Feb 2013, 04:17

Post » 16 Jul 2014, 18:49

Criticize me.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4715
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 18 Jul 2014, 04:24

You suck spammer nah just kidding, but I only see you in forum games so i got nothing

jwright159
User avatar
Posts: 465
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

Post » 18 Jul 2014, 15:24

OH WAIT THERES A THREAD FOR THIS. *facepalms*
Criticize me.

Trist3D
User avatar
Posts: 685
Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 06:31

Post » 19 Jul 2014, 13:37

You got my thread locked and you say, "what the buck."
You've also spammed.
0/10
Edit: You didn't even request something on the Stabyourself Planet thread, you just got it bumped and locked.
wtf
"Add ponies."
You didn't even say it in a funny way like, "Needs more ponies."
I really don't like you. COME ON STEP IT UP.

Shank
User avatar
Posts: 226
Joined: 24 Feb 2013, 04:17

Post » 19 Jul 2014, 14:34

jwright159 wrote:Criticize me.

from what i've seen you're a pretty shitposty person, and you act pretty lame too.
you're like the old me except more ponies.

LightningFire
User avatar
Posts: 1907
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24

Post » 19 Jul 2014, 15:24

Trist3D wrote:You didn't even request something on the Stabyourself Planet thread, you just got it bumped and locked.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't the reason the whole thread got locked.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1388
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 19 Jul 2014, 16:02

jwright159 wrote:OH WAIT THERES A THREAD FOR THIS. *facepalms*
Criticize me.

Majority of your posts that I've read are either a complete waste of bandwidth or are the most cringeworthy thing on the forums.
The fact that you try to mash ponies into anything just shows you're the model aaaaa, who are the reason aaaaa is the only filtered word around here.
You seem to get overly excited about new shit you manage to read about and then try to mash that everywhere as well (see: the bible verses shit you stopped after a warning), and that is outstandingly annoying.
At this point I either don't run into your posts a lot or you calmed down a bit lately.

tl;dr: I don't like you, I don't like your attitude, and I'm keeping my eye on you.

Jad
User avatar
Posts: 43
Joined: 01 Jul 2014, 18:31

Post » 19 Jul 2014, 20:08

Ok i don't know if you will criticize me but anyway i am going to this :P

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 08 Dec 2014, 03:15

The forums have been a bit of a mess lately so I think now would be a nice time to start this back up. (Yes this means I am more than open to criticism of myself)

Wilo: You've managed to continue your humorous contribution to discussions without taking it out of hand. I'm glad that when things easily could have reached the level of absurdity from chat room 2 that they didn't. You're a great member.

Wary: Needs to know when to stop

Idiot: The whole idea of stating an opinion as a matter of fact and not very nicely without explaining it - this annoys me a bit. To use a light example that's less likely to cause negativity, I'll use earlier in the chat room when we started talking about UNL. What I had said about Patchouli I meant humorously, so my apologies if you were joking too, but you sort of dismissed the discussion aspect and just insulted the character. Now this is a character from a videogame so no one was offended, but I just remember this "opinion" thing coming up before with other discussions that were more... toxic, and it's a bit of a pet peeve for me. Nothing against you, it's just frustrating to try and get something from some of your posts when they aren't elaborated on.

Imaginary Cake: I may be biased because you made a thread about beating dead horses, but I like your sense of humor a lot. More importantly, when you contribute to things you put a lot into it and that's a really good thing

Flutter Skye: Unsure whether aspires to have all of the kawaii or be all the Kawaii
*sarcastically says "weeaboo" but pronounces it wrong*

B-Man99: Poured parmesan cheese into Snapple and drank it to perpetuate a thought experiment, then did so again because he enjoyed the taste

Lost cause.
Last edited by B-Man99 on 08 Dec 2014, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.

Wary
User avatar
Posts: 638
Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 14:30

Post » 08 Dec 2014, 03:23

B-Man99 wrote:
Wary: Needs to know when to stop


...stop what?

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 08 Dec 2014, 03:50

Arguing a point when you've been proven wrong, or something to that extent

Like at some points I've seen you get corrected on something, but rather than accept it and learn from it instantly you instead try to continue insisting you are in the right when it's clear to everyone else you're not.

It's okay to make mistakes but you push your insistence of said mistakes not being such a bit too far

Trist3D
User avatar
Posts: 685
Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 06:31

Post » 08 Dec 2014, 06:15

While this thread is rebooted, I'd just like to say some things about this crappy Trist3D guy.
He just comes prancing about, with his crappy humor and his 'lel epic maymay' irony and I think that I speak for everyone when I say that I'm sick of it.
Also, he doesn't know when to stop. He keeps his terrible jokes running for far too long. He somehow set up camp on that fine line between hated by everyone and tolerated by most.

jwright159
User avatar
Posts: 465
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

Post » 08 Dec 2014, 23:49

jwright159 wrote:OH WAIT THERES A THREAD FOR THIS. *facepalms*
Criticize me.


You are a terrible person.

With that out of the way, here's this: You are a terrible person.
You go on and on about the slightest thing and make posts that are completely nonsensical. You haven't made a real contribution in a long time. Most of your posts don't have anything to do with any current topic. You post(ed) way too much in the Shameless Chamber. You are very self-centered. And lastly: ponies. Way too many ponies. I would bet my right asshole that you are a clopper.
jwright159 wrote:Important notices:
Okay, so I was reading through criticism, and I vow to follow advice from you guys!
-Less, if not none, ponyisms!
-Less spaming! (I was really shocked at this one.)
-Less shitposting!
-Less nonsense!
-And finally, (pause for suspense,) NO MORE PONIES!!!

Wow. Really? You haven't been following your own rules. Shame.
0/10 Terrible forum member.
-----
Explinations, top to bottom:
You are a terrible person: Why, yes! Yes I am! The reason for this is because I feel like I am possesed by (at least) 4 minor demons: Jay, Sara, Ty, and Tes. Ty is the most active and is the one I mostly blame for shitty posting and ponies.
You go on and on about the slightest thing: Sorry, I have a large mind and Ty won't shut up.
You make posts that are completely nonsensical: I like posting random stuff because it gives me a sense of power. Most of that stuff you don't understand is because it isn't all there. It is very private to me, but I post it anyway because I have a need to come here.
You haven't made a real contribution in a long time: Writing my books helps keep Ty calm, and it's taking up all my time.
Most of your posts don't have anything to do with any current topic: See the nonsensical post reason.
You post(ed) way too much in the Shameless Chamber: That was for, like, one day and I was bored.
You are very self-centered: I can't help that for some reason.
Way too many ponies/I would bet that you are a clopper: It's all Ty's fault. He likes ponies, okay? Hence I normally (used to) view him as Typer (but I have found out that they arn't the same :D). Also, I'm not a clopper, and I don't do porn in general. I googled stuff the other day and I was bored in 30 seconds, tops. So, no. Although I do sometimes late at night alone in bed daydream about this very mature shitty clopping thing with Tesla
You haven't been following your own rules: I have very terrible memory. Plain and simple.

Criticize me.

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 969
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36

Post » 08 Dec 2014, 23:57

jwright if it is really that hard to not spam ponies whatever the reason may be please do it somewhere else
it's like there's a bathroom right next to you with no one in it but you poop on the floor anyways
tl;dr therefore stop pooping on the floor

jwright159
User avatar
Posts: 465
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

Post » 08 Dec 2014, 23:59

Thanks. I needed that.

mindnomad
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 09 Dec 2014, 02:17

I'm always in steam chat and I don't hang out here much so idk if it's okay to criticize me, but do it anyway if you can.

Wary
User avatar
Posts: 638
Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 14:30

Post » 11 Dec 2014, 23:36

BMan is always on my ass each time I do a mistake/do my general shitposting (which I'm trying to stop) and I hate that.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 12 Dec 2014, 00:58

So would you rather people NOT point out and criticize mistakes and shitposting...?

If you're trying to improve then how on Earth does me pointing out your mistakes and explaining how you could get them to stop suddenly become a bad thing

Also if you hate it then maybe you should focus on getting it to not happen again. I haven't been nearly as insulting as you recently, so if you're somehow offended by ME, maybe it'll help give you some insight onto the other side of your arguments. Sorry if something I said was over the top - please tell me what that was - but at least I had a reason for it. You get criticized if you make mistakes. That's how mistakes work.

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 808
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04

Post » 12 Dec 2014, 01:39

Removed
Last edited by Squidish on 12 Dec 2014, 19:49, edited 2 times in total.

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1466
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00

Post » 12 Dec 2014, 01:46

PrincessKiller wrote:JohnHole just likes to fucking say everything I do is stupid.


Trist3D wrote:Have you ever just seen someone post and want to yell at them for making mistakes? I have. And I haven't seen any topics directly envoking criticism. I've seen people get really mad when people try to tell them how to act.

But let's do it anyway! In a calm way, of course.

copy
User avatar
Posts: 475
Joined: 17 Apr 2012, 16:29

Post » 12 Dec 2014, 01:57

Have you ever just seen someone post and want to yell at them for making mistakes? I have. And I haven't seen any topics directly envoking criticism. I've seen people get really mad when people try to tell them how to act.

But let's do it anyway! In a calm way, of course


EDIT: Ninja'd

Wary
User avatar
Posts: 638
Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 14:30

Post » 12 Dec 2014, 13:33

B-Man99 wrote:So would you rather people NOT point out and criticize mistakes and shitposting...?

If you're trying to improve then how on Earth does me pointing out your mistakes and explaining how you could get them to stop suddenly become a bad thing

Also if you hate it then maybe you should focus on getting it to not happen again. I haven't been nearly as insulting as you recently, so if you're somehow offended by ME, maybe it'll help give you some insight onto the other side of your arguments. Sorry if something I said was over the top - please tell me what that was - but at least I had a reason for it. You get criticized if you make mistakes. That's how mistakes work.


It's not like that I rather people NOT point out any mistakes/shitposts I make.
It's rather I hate that it's always you. I'm not implying that other members should do it (they would just scream at me) but you are not the babysitter here.

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 808
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04

Post » 12 Dec 2014, 15:20

Okay, I'll be sure to help you then too if that's what you're saying. In fact, let's get everyone on the forums to, too.

I can take criticism.

Wary
User avatar
Posts: 638
Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 14:30

Post » 13 Dec 2014, 02:09

PrincessKiller wrote:Okay, I'll be sure to help you then too if that's what you're saying. In fact, let's get everyone on the forums to, too.

I can take criticism.


WaryLouka wrote:It's not like that I rather people NOT point out any mistakes/shitposts I make.
It's rather I hate that it's always you. I'm not implying that other members should do it (they would just scream at me) but you are not the babysitter here.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 13 Dec 2014, 03:38

So in other words:
WaryLouka wrote:I rather people NOT point out any mistakes/shitposts I make.

Literally.
If I can't criticize you, and others can't, YOU'RE SAYING YOU CAN'T TAKE CRITICISM. LEARN TO TAKE IT. THAT IS HOW YOU IMPROVE.
... *facial expression signifying disbelief*
This is one of those times when you really need to see the situation for what it is and stop. It's only making you look like an idiot (and not the 9.0 kind that Kiashi worships) who thinks no one is good except him.

copy
User avatar
Posts: 475
Joined: 17 Apr 2012, 16:29

Post » 13 Dec 2014, 04:11

Just checking up on Stabyourself, yet there's something that I've noticed, Bman:

You're a good guy, but when it comes to arguments you need to calm the hell down. Over the top accusations is something that Stabyourself prides itself on most of the time, yes. Yet when you take everything that somebody says personally with a barrel of salt on the side, it makes you look like an ass.
Not a sarcastic ass, just a very angry ass.

Merry Christmas, happy new year, I'll be back sometime next year.
Carry on with the criticisms and what-not.

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 808
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04

Post » 13 Dec 2014, 04:16

Well, I'm sure you mean well, but it's mostly Wary he's correcting, and he does get in arguments some times, but he is always the one to end the argument. It's not his fault Wary can be a major asshole. B-man, you're a really nice guy, and I always like seeing you on the forums. You don't need to correct Wary every time though.

Merry Christmas, too.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 13 Dec 2014, 04:28

copy wrote:calm the hell down

oh jeez I come off as not calm...?!?
I'm a fairly energetic person but usually when I'm involved in some kind of conflict I naturally tone down my typical over-the-top attitude
Thanks for pointing this out. I'll work on it whenever I get the chance to (although we both probably hope there aren't any more serious conflicts that I would have to)
My apologies if often the translation from speech to text loses the effect of "I'm not really angry at you guys I'm sitting in front of a computer chill listening to hella rad music laughing at shit jokes in a skype chat while typing all this and I kinda like all caps more than most people do because I don't take life seriously so I don't really care enough to actually flip out 99% of the time"
Last edited by B-Man99 on 13 Dec 2014, 04:33, edited 2 times in total.

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 808
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04

Post » 13 Dec 2014, 04:31

PrincessKiller wrote:I can take criticism.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 13 Dec 2014, 04:33

Woops
PrincessKiller wrote:It's not his fault Wary can be a major asshole. B-Man, you're a really nice guy, and I always like seeing you on the forums. You don't need to correct Wary every time though.

Thanks for this too. I like seeing you on the forums too... your mappack looks SWEET, though I don't notice you as much other places. I think Wary made it more than enough clear that I should stop correcting him on everything... I'm really just trying to help since I feel like I have a lot of things I could say.
I've said more than I needed to though, and I genuinely hope he can improve from there. Sorry for being mad, it's kind of reasonable for me to be mad with some of the stupid things that have happened, but I still don't like it.

Vakema123
User avatar
Posts: 423
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 21:24

Post » 22 Jan 2015, 13:38

Going back to what I said in the chat room, I probably shouldn't have brought up idiot, as they had no place there. But it still applies. I think you and renhoek tend to look at people two dimensionally on these forums, and it makes you seem kinda like assholes.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 22 Jan 2015, 16:49

I'm just going to come out and say I would like it if people didn't make posts criticizing me as most of the people who needed to say it have said it by now and the newer posts would probably just be doing it out of spite for what happened in chat.

MM102
User avatar
Posts: 1015
Joined: 11 May 2012, 06:08

Post » 23 Jan 2015, 10:33

while I do agree that constructive criticism is better and ren may be a bit cynical at times, I don't think he judges people "two dimensionally". He may just not speak his whole opinion about you. Also the fact that we can never get a solid conversation going anymore in chat room is a bit disappointing. Its more,"lol! be random!!!" nowadays.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4715
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 24 Jan 2015, 07:23

Yeah, but that's what it always was.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 24 Jan 2015, 07:57

TurretBot wrote:Yeah, but that's what it always was.

First of all no it wasn't,
Second of all Just because you've been doing it all this time doesn't mean you can't stop. If you follow that kind of logic you may as well still wear a diaper.

MagicPillow
User avatar
Posts: 1247
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59

Post » 24 Jan 2015, 13:19

renhoek wrote:you may as well still wear a diaper.

Yeah, about that...

HowToEatGirafes
User avatar
Posts: 600
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 23:18

Post » 30 Jan 2015, 10:07

Firaga has volcano criticism , i think most users who start on the forums/their mappacks quit because anger critics , i made ones too and i feel sorry but ... yeah ...

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 808
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04

Post » 31 Jan 2015, 18:13

HowToEatGirafes wrote:Firaga has volcano criticism , i think most users who start on the forums/their mappacks quit because anger critics , i made ones too and i feel sorry but ... yeah ...

What's that? You want critisism? OK!

You're pretty nice, you most in the games a lot, so I haven't really seen you in the mari0 forums a lot. mostly in twatter. But there's nothing wrong with that. Time's running out soooo yeah. You're cool the way you are :3

I can also take criticism.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 01 Feb 2015, 01:48

@Furious I'm guessing English isn't your first language so please don't take this as a bad thing because I'll be the first to admit it's a fucked up language that must be super hard to learn, but your posts are getting harder to understand lately. English is my first language so I doubt I would be able to give advice on how to fix that. There are plenty of users here that also had to learn English so maybe talk to them?

Also here's some general criticism from a really frustrated observer of some threads in the past week:
I was only on once in the past 5 days to really share my thoughts on some of the chat room discussions but we were mourning a youtuber and talking about Amiibos (some Nintendo thing I'm assuming?). That was really cool. People sort of dropped in and shared their thoughts. Good chat room being a chat room.
Now it's a trainwreck bullshit endless domino ping pong match for like the 5th fucking time over bans that are long since over... someone honestly started a conversation over whether a forum member is LIKED or not - what on earth were you thinking?! I can't follow this enough to tell how that happened but if you think anything good is going to come out of that then please tell me.
Other threads have also been really confrontational and just relatively unpleasant. Doesn't feel like people are trying to help but instead just destroy. Where would we be if instead of trying to make this place better we just got rid of everything we were annoyed by at one time or another?
I swear I'm about to leave for days by choice this time rather than attempt to be a part of so many conversations that result in nothing but utter garbage

FuriousTH
User avatar
Posts: 807
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14

Post » 01 Feb 2015, 02:29

I have yet to completely finish learning English for now tell you what I can, I'm on this forum to have friends, post my progress in mappacks and mods, and view different topics, I have also read that Spanish is one of the languages ​​more difficult to learn because it has more rules than the same English , but if anyone bother my English, I'm sorry, but now I feel calm.

Just something to criticize this.

B-Man

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 01 Feb 2015, 16:36

renhoek wrote:I'm just going to come out and say I would like it if people didn't make posts criticizing me as most of the people who needed to say it have said it by now and the newer posts would probably just be doing it out of spite for what happened in chat.

I think it's been long enough for everyone to calm down.
If anyone has any legit criticisms about me go nuts.

Wary
User avatar
Posts: 638
Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 14:30

Post » 01 Feb 2015, 19:07

renhoek wrote:
renhoek wrote:I'm just going to come out and say I would like it if people didn't make posts criticizing me as most of the people who needed to say it have said it by now and the newer posts would probably just be doing it out of spite for what happened in chat.

I think it's been long enough for everyone to calm down.
If anyone has any legit criticisms about me go nuts.


I don't know if this is criticism or not but compared to the other Steam chat moderators (excluding Jorichi) you are actually not selective.

Jorichi
Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 999
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

Post » 01 Feb 2015, 20:23

renhoek wrote:If anyone has any legit criticisms about me go nuts.

We talk a lot on steam chat and skype, so if I were to be brutally honest:
Overall, you're a nice guy (this is so brutal, I'm sorry).
The only two negative things are that you tend to speak before you think and that you can be very direct and come across as rude and superficial when annoyed.
I often hear you say "sorry, shouldn't have said that", "maybe I phrased it wrong", "sorry, I'm tired" or things along those lines.
Simply take an extra few seconds to re-read or re-think the text or your answer (I tend to say things in such a way that they can be interpreted differently that's usually why we always confuse each other in conversations, ghehe) ... or go to bed, it's bad for your eyes to be sitting behind your pc while tired. :P
As for the rude part; This is mostly something that's because of the fact that we can't hear your tone of voice in a text chat or forum. I've known you long enough that you don't really meant it as rude as it seems on first glance. Phrasing it more in a constructive way would help I assume. On Skype you say "sorry" almost every five minutes, and compared to you stereotypical Canadians look like assholes.

On another note; "Don't judge if you don't want to be judged yourself". So....
I haven't been that active on the forum lately, but if you have something you want to say about me, feel free.

MagicPillow
User avatar
Posts: 1247
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59

Post » 01 Feb 2015, 21:02

I would accept criticism if I wasn't so perfect.

mindnomad
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 01 Feb 2015, 21:45

I know I'm not perfect and i definitely come off as a dick sometimes (also not knowing when to stop joking or something idk) but yeah. someone help me out here. I'm mostly on steam chat if some of you don't know.

MM102
User avatar
Posts: 1015
Joined: 11 May 2012, 06:08

Post » 02 Feb 2015, 05:26

I feel like you're overly sensitive at times and take over peoples words and actions too seriously for what they are. Over all though you're very nice and talented person (and you got me pacman championship edition DX+ that one time for no reason which is generous of you).

SauloFX
User avatar
Posts: 617
Joined: 26 Feb 2014, 02:52

Post » 02 Feb 2015, 14:26

I think it's time for me to get another critique... Btw you're cool MM102, I don't see anything wrong to point out of you.

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2128
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 02 Feb 2015, 16:21

Jorichi: You're amazing, your art is amazing, and you're all amazing. Nothing else to add-- Hold on, forgot something: you're amazing!
Mindnomad: You're a really nice person, but sometimes you get a bit oversensitive (especially in Steam). Not in a bad way, though, since it's nothing too lasting usually. Your art is also great, and your videos too!
MM102: You're a very great artist, and you give great tips for starting artists, but I've seen some of your critiques pointing what an artist could do to be better, but not what he/she made that's already good. You don't complain or anything, but letting others know that what they have so far feels good :)
Saulo: I personally haven't seen anything bad from you. Your art is also great (my goodness, everyone here is a great artist), and certain people tend to talk a lot about you xD

Feel free to criticize me. Brutal honesty would also be nice ;)


Return to “Twatter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rock or something, State sponsored guitar solo and 0 guests