CANCELLED Stabyourself.net SMBX GFX Pack 0.1 (Group Project)

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Mari0Maker

Post » 27 Feb 2013, 21:02

*CANCELLED*

Well, I just got saw a SMBX GFX pack a while ago, and thought that we could all make our own, considering there are lots of spriters on here, and lots of users with creative thinking, Super Mario Bros. X Graphics Pack, for the game Super Mario Bros. X.
So basically, this project is editing the Graphics (GFX) in Super Mario Bros. X (SMBX).
Here's some screenshots of what I have done so far:

Blue Tanooki Suit Toad

Purple Koopa

Red SMB3 Brick Block

If you are wondering, yes, I will be posting this to the New SMBX Forums too, when it's finished.

So, if you want to participate in this project, this is what you'll need:

Computer
Image Editor. Paint.NET is recommended.
Super Mario Bros. X

Please note that the SMBX download comes with a virus (last time I checked). You'll need a program such as Microsoft Security Essentials To clean it while it installs on your computer. Then, it will be harmless. :)
Or you can trying downloading from LightningFire's link, which was posted here. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1975&hilit=super+mario+bros+x

http://www.mediafire.com/?icd2uv7vydst7lx

Or, you can try download it from here:
http://www.mtsapd.com/

Here's a basic tutorial on how to recolor a sprite.

Please note the mask part of the tutorial, is somthing you don't need to do (Unless you're adding something to a sprite, such as adding a spike on Mario's head).

This is how to add them.

Or, you can watch this longer 20 minute video.

If you participate, just leave a reply below, and when you have finished some GFX, please PM (Private Message) them to me.

Users Participating
Mari0Maker

Anyways, here's a download for the GFX I have done so far.
Mediafire Download

Changelog

Code: Select all

Alpha Release

Please give your opinions on this! :)
Last edited by Mari0Maker on 02 Mar 2013, 18:18, edited 3 times in total.

Vyper

Post » 27 Feb 2013, 23:35

This looks interesting, although I know almost nothing about Super Mario Bros. X.
I guess I could do some sprites though.

renhoek

Post » 28 Feb 2013, 01:22

Turret Opera wrote:viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1975
That link is irrelevant seeing as this is for a graphics pack not discussing anything smbx.

As for the topic I'd rather the forum come together to do a community map pack that most forums that talk about smbx do. (seeing as there's more creative freedom than there would be for mari0's editor.) But a graphic pack sounds okay I guess, but I don't think many people are going to be creating something usefull for level makers though though.

Mari0Maker

Post » 01 Mar 2013, 04:50

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
Turret Opera wrote:viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1975
That link is irrelevant seeing as this is for a graphics pack not discussing anything smbx.

As for the topic I'd rather the forum come together to do a community map pack that most forums that talk about smbx do. (seeing as there's more creative freedom than there would be for mari0's editor.) But a graphic pack sounds okay I guess, but I don't think many people are going to be creating something usefull for level makers though though.
I was thinking of doing a map project, and maybe we can do one when this is complete. Unless, someone else will start it.
I don't know how to use the Map Editor anyways. :P