Sonic the Hedgehog

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
TripleXero

Post » 22 Jan 2013, 02:24

No, this isn't "can u mak a sanic nd portal game caled sonic0?!" (Also, sorry if a similar thread existed, I searched and couldn't find one)

I've seen some general threads about video games and such, and I've seen Sonic brought up pretty often, so I thought a discussion on all things Sonic would be nice
And Sonic Retro doesn't see me fit to be a member, so I can't discuss my thoughts there

I love Sonic the Hedgehog, it is my #1 favorite video game of all time. I grew up with the character, watching Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog at a very young age. My first game was Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast (although I was so young at the time, I didn't know what the hell I was doing even on the first level). I also played Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 on the NES around this age, too, but for some reason I just always liked Sonic better

So to start some conversation, what are some of everyone's favorite Sonic games?

LightningFire

Post » 22 Jan 2013, 02:35

Well, I really liked Sonic Colors, and I've been wanting to try out Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, since my friends say it's really cool, so yeah.

idiot9.0

Post » 22 Jan 2013, 02:39

Sonic '06
I grew up with both Mario and Sonic, and though I loved Mario a little bit more, Sonic was always a blast to play. Sonic Adventure was also one of my favorite games in the series, though I owned the Gamecube port of it.
To this day the original 3 games are fun (and in sonic 3's case, it's much more fun playing with S&K locked on. I find it a little dumb why they split S3&K into two separate games but I understand why they did.) and I play them through still.
Also Sonic Heroes was fun but it always gets hated on. Same deal with Sonic 4 ep.1.
Sonic Colors is also a very good game, and I still haven't played Generations. I need to play that.

Legend_of_Kirby

Post » 22 Jan 2013, 02:55

Didn't play sonic since I never owned a SEGA system, When I finally broke down and got an xbox I was still young and didn't realize I was playing the worst game ever, Sonic 06, I loved the game and thought the bugs were intentional. I loved the fast paced speed.

renhoek

Post » 22 Jan 2013, 03:34

sonic 2 was one of the first video games I ever saw and is still my favorite out of the sonic series. (there was just something missing from s3&k, it was most likely the fact that to even get the full experience I needed two games.)

I didn't find out about Mario until I visited a friends house and saw him play smash brothers.

TripleXero

Post » 22 Jan 2013, 07:17

LightningFire wrote:Well, I really liked Sonic Colors, and I've been wanting to try out Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, since my friends say it's really cool, so yeah.
I have Sonic Colors, but I never really got into it. Maybe because it was the first Sonic game I played in years that wasn't adventure styled (counting Sonic 06). I did like Sonic Generations a ton, but the classic stages were better
idiot9.0 wrote:Sonic '06
To this day the original 3 games are fun (and in sonic 3's case, it's much more fun playing with S&K locked on. I find it a little dumb why they split S3&K into two separate games but I understand why they did.) and I play them through still.
Also Sonic Heroes was fun but it always gets hated on. Same deal with Sonic 4 ep.1.
Legend_of_Kirby wrote:Didn't play sonic since I never owned a SEGA system, When I finally broke down and got an xbox I was still young and didn't realize I was playing the worst game ever, Sonic 06, I loved the game and thought the bugs were intentional. I loved the fast paced speed.
I thought nothing of Sonic 06, Heroes, or 4 at the first time playing them, but replaying them now I see now they aren't the best, and Sonic 4 wasn't even that long ago. I still really like Sonic 4, and hope they make another episode since the 3rd just left a cliffhanger. I still really like Sonic 06's multiplayer.

The original 3 are still the best era, the first Advance is also a favorite of mine, the other two, not so much. Like CD a lot, too. I'm replaying that again for the achievements on my phone now, I hope that they eventually remake the other originals instead of porting to everything possible like they have done so far.
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:sonic 2 was one of the first video games I ever saw and is still my favorite out of the sonic series. (there was just something missing from s3&k, it was most likely the fact that to even get the full experience I needed two games.)
I always liked the first two games better too, the third seemed too hard for me when I was younger and had the game on Mega Collection for the Gamecube. Up until last year, I never even beat the game. I got the Sonic 3 Complete from Sonic Retro and just played it through one day

Also, what does everyone think about Chao? I still think they are a cool feature, but a lot of people hate them and some even blame things like them for the downfall of Sonic games years ago

Sunset_Moth

Post » 25 Jan 2013, 16:48

...Sonic Unleashed...

*Plays a night level and smashes EVERTHING and gets the worst time ever*

renhoek

Post » 25 Jan 2013, 18:17

bubba_nate wrote:*Plays a night level and smashes EVERTHING and gets the worst time ever*
*generic sonic 06 comment*

TripleXero

Post » 06 Feb 2013, 00:34

So there's some believable rumors of Sonic Adventure 3 coming out. Or maybe Sonic 4 Episode 3

Space core

Post » 10 Feb 2013, 16:34

bubba_nate wrote:...Sonic Unleashed...

...Shadow the Hedgehog...

*Plays a dark level, smashes everything and has the worst time ever*

TheJonyMyster

Post » 10 Feb 2013, 16:48

Space core wrote:
bubba_nate wrote:...Sonic Unleashed...

...Shadow the Hedgehog...

*Plays a dark level, smashes everything and has the worst time ever*

TurretBot

Post » 10 Feb 2013, 22:27

idiot9.0 wrote:Sonic was always a blast to play.
*pa ting CRASH*