Writer's Thread

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Turtle95

Post » 27 Jul 2012, 05:13

A long time of discussion between fellow writers, I have decided to make this.

In here, you can read various stories written by your fellow posters. Feel free to give positive critique and no negative critique. Positive critique is better, as it provides help to writers to improve their story. This will be updated with their stories as they PM me. This way the thread can stay clean.

Also, the story is best in a Google Document, published to the web. This way it is easier for other people on different OS's to read. (Ex: Macs cannot read title.docx, a MS Word document)

Stories:

Turtle95: The Dragon is Loose (WIP Novel)
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id ... 6lCQFV2GTk

Qcode, Lawnboy, and teh_lurker (aka RedLurker): creepybutton.exe
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mTo ... vz47M/edit
Last edited by Turtle95 on 27 Jul 2012, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

Camewel

Post » 27 Jul 2012, 05:27

Turtle95 wrote:Feel free to give positive critique and no negative critique. Positive critique is better, as it provides help to writers to improve their story.
This is the worst bit of advice I have seen on the entire forum.
Turtle95 wrote:Also, the story is best in a Google Document, published to the web. This way it is easier for other people on different OS's to read. (Ex: Macs cannot read title.docx, a MS Word document)
Macs can read .docx files if they have Word (or Pages). Before you say "what if they don't" people on Windows who don't have Word can't read .docx files so your point is redundant anyway. A much better point is that no-one wants to have to download your story, they just want to be able to read it.

RWLabs

Post » 27 Jul 2012, 07:21

Positive comments tell you what's good, and negative comments what's not. If anything, it seems to me that negative comments would improve the story further than positive feedback. Just make sure it's along the lines of-
"This part doesn't make a lot of sense because of ______"
not
"What the f*ck is this pile of sh*t?"

Turtle95

Post » 27 Jul 2012, 22:31

RWLabs wrote:Positive comments tell you what's good, and negative comments what's not. If anything, it seems to me that negative comments would improve the story further than positive feedback. Just make sure it's along the lines of-
"This part doesn't make a lot of sense because of ______"
not
"What the f*ck is this pile of sh*t?"
Exactly. That's more of what I meant.

popcan12

Post » 11 Dec 2013, 03:19

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LT7 ... nP30Gs/pub

WIP story, trying to be as non-descriptive as possible.

TheJonyMyster

Post » 14 Dec 2013, 04:36

i like it