Television Discussion Thread

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Lawnboy

Post » 14 Jul 2012, 06:48

Recently, Twatter has been consumed by forum games.
In search of actual discussion, I decided to make a T.V thread. So what shows do you like, Stabyourself? Personally, I watch Metalocalypse and Futurama a lot, among other things like the Simpsons and South Park.
Oh and please keep My Little Pony related stuff out of this thread, that's for the Ponies thread.

DISCUSS.

Polybius

Post » 14 Jul 2012, 07:35

I watch the same shows!,but i occasionally miss some South Park episodes. Of the Souh Park episodes, my favorite episodes were: when the group(cartman, and such) visit kenny in the ghetto, Minorities in my water park, and many others, about 5-6 more episodes that i like.
i haven`t watched any of the new episodes of metalocalypse (recent season), I really hope to see them soon though. Futurama i used to watch i can`t wait for that to get back on AS soon hopefully. erm, Simpsons i used to watch back in the day i for some reason lost track of them and slowly left from watching them for some unknown reason.anyway, talking about TV i heard spongebob`s voice actor died.(no bullshit, look it up if you don`t believe), i was a fan of the older episodes i grew up with. im not sure what to think about the “newer”(newer meaning the most recent episodes) episodes.

RWLabs

Post » 14 Jul 2012, 09:09

None. My TV broke down a few months ago and I broke the habit of watching it.

trosh

Post » 14 Jul 2012, 09:28

We get cable tv with cinema channels so I'll watch the occasional movie with my parents, but other than that and the news, I'll rarely watch tv.
Internet all the way!

renhoek

Post » 14 Jul 2012, 11:10

there's barely anything on the normal T.V channels where I live,
it's always a bad show or news,
occasionally there's something entertaining on but I'm always bombarded with commercials every five seconds (seriously they even cut part of the Simpsons out just to show them)

thank god I have a recorder that records the occasional shows that are good.

LightningFire

Post » 14 Jul 2012, 14:29

Hmm, let's see... I watch Futurama, the Simpsons, South Park (Not so much anymore), and any other kid show you can find.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Adult Swim.

Lawnboy

Post » 14 Jul 2012, 22:00

drone36 wrote:I watch the same shows!,but i occasionally miss some South Park episodes. Of the Souh Park episodes, my favorite episodes were: when the group(cartman, and such) visit kenny in the ghetto, Minorities in my water park, and many others, about 5-6 more episodes that i like.
i haven`t watched any of the new episodes of metalocalypse (recent season), I really hope to see them soon though. Futurama i used to watch i can`t wait for that to get back on AS soon hopefully. erm, Simpsons i used to watch back in the day i for some reason lost track of them and slowly left from watching them for some unknown reason.anyway, talking about TV i heard spongebob`s voice actor died.(no bullshit, look it up if you don`t believe), i was a fan of the older episodes i grew up with. im not sure what to think about the “newer”(newer meaning the most recent episodes) episodes.
I've seen most old episodes of the Simpsons(Season 1-11 are the stuff I own), and honestly they are way better than the new stuff they're pumping out. The humor was better, and instead of just being all sex jokes, they actually thought of clever stuff.
The same thing applies for pre-Comedy Central Futurama.

RWLabs

Post » 14 Jul 2012, 22:24

Which just reminds me, Family Guy is just a rip-off of Simpsons. Someone made a video of all the jokes that MacFarlane stole from the Simpsons, but I'm too lazy to hunt for it...

renhoek

Post » 15 Jul 2012, 03:57

I hate family guy (unfortunately that's one of the shows I have to record because it's very boring watching the other stuff over and over)
there's so many cut away gags in it that there's barley any story,
why isn't it just a clip show or something?

one show I do like a lot is robot chicken.

Pyrosaur

Post » 15 Jul 2012, 05:16

Mythbusters, Adventure Time, and occasionally Regular Show.

Polybius

Post » 18 Jul 2012, 09:28

i occasionally watch them out of boredom, my favorite episodes of those series are most likely, “Billy” episode of Adventure time mostly because of the rediculus song. my favorite episode of regular show is,“the worlds greatest burger” mostly because i like food, and that burger idea did seem insanely possible. i like robot chicken enough that i have the genuine robot chicken hat in TF2.hmm, I heard a rumor that AS was going to have a TF2 inspired show.I`m not sure if that is true, otherwise why would AS promote meet the pyro, have a TF2 hat of a show, and say something about a partnership, and valve release a source film maker, anyways its just a hunch.

Sakura1221

Post » 20 Jul 2012, 03:26

Futurama, The Simpsons, South Park, Dead Like Me, MTV (everything in there)
I think that's about it /:
I don't watch much tv now, that's what the internet's for :D

thunderfapper

Post » 20 Jul 2012, 03:28

Like many people here I don't watch TV much, I only really used my TV for my Xbox, which got stolen

tesselode

Post » 20 Jul 2012, 05:29

Polybius

Post » 20 Jul 2012, 08:28

Sakura1221 wrote:Futurama, The Simpsons, South Park, Dead Like Me, MTV (everything in there)
I think that's about it /:
I don't watch much tv now, that's what the internet's for :D
Many people think so as well. Thats why I theorize TV will be dead in 40 years or more IF the internet reliant users of each country increases by atleast .2% every 1-2 years. :p but then again many people watch tv before using the interwebs.

rokit

Post » 21 Jul 2012, 12:55

Seth MacFarlanes stuff (Family Guy, American Dad, Cleveland Show)
Mythbusters and other stuff on discovery.

FaycalMenouar

Post » 21 Jul 2012, 16:42

Waw , it's been like 2 years since the last time i checked on a television , being busy with work , Internet , you guys . i used to watch every episode of CSI ( From NY to MIAMI ) , the Simpsons ( obviously , who does not watch the simpsons ? ) and other channels in other languages .