The brutally honest opinion about you thread

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 00:36

Protip: read everything. READ EVERYTHING. If you don't understand something, stay away from the thread. Please.

I got this idea in IRC a bit ago (fyi if you want to join it, click here). I usually think I'm too honest for my own good. So let's upkeep that reputation, no matter the consequences. Since people are generally curious of other people's opinions about them, this might be curious.

Here's the idea. You post, and I will make a reply. In the reply, I will write what I know about you, what impressions you've made as a forum member and as a person in general. Keep in mind that if you don't have an avatar or change it often, I'll likely remember less. If you're a good poster, you might end up with a disappointingly short reply. Bad impressions make a much bigger impact than good impressions and are much more memorable - It's just human nature. There's probably only a handful of members I'll write more than a single line about, but oh well.

Here's how I plan this to go:

- You make a post containing just the word "Enter.". I will not check your post or warnings history, I will just write what I know on the spot. I might update at a later time if I remember something or happen to check your warnings and ban history, but I'll keep that separate.

- At the same time, I invite you to write an opinion and impressions about me. But to prevent bias from my side, write it in text of size one. I won't quote the posts so I won't read them until I write my part. Feel free to make the text normal size after I post.

Basically that means the post should be made like this:

Code: Select all

Enter.
[size=1]Opinion, opinion, opinion.[/size]
- If you don't intend to be brutally honest (as in, point any flaws or things that annoy you about me), you can reply with just Enter. If you don't want to hear my opinion about you, don't post. You will not be punished for posting an opinion. Feel free to add it after I reply, if you haven't already.

- Don't post on other people's behalf.

- Most rules do not apply in this thread, but please keep away from name calling, since that's just infantile and will lower everyone's opinion about you. Also, do not report posts in this thread.

- If you would like to discuss the opinions of others or your own, do it in IRC (link up there).

- For now, this thread is just me<->you, for the sake of keeping it civilized. This might change in the future. And until that happens, you make just one post in the thread. You can edit it (with elaborated opinion), but do clearly seperate it from what you first wrote.

- And of course, the mandatory threat: If you fail to keep to these rules, you'll be banned for a week. READ EVERYTHING.

It may seem a bit narcissistic, all this, but hey, we're all curious about what other people think about us. I haven't seen this done elsewhere, so at the very least it will be an interesting experiment.

Edit: Oh and I don't visit mapping modding and boss suggestions forum that often, so if you mostly post there, I likely won't have much to say.
Last edited by Sašo on 02 Jul 2012, 09:02, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: edit2

Qcode

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 00:53

Enter.
I think you seem quite serious. You don't seem to have much fun being in the StabYourself team, though lots of people would be willing to take your place and they would absolutely love it. Maybe lighten up a bit.
Last edited by Qcode on 02 Jul 2012, 17:14, edited 2 times in total.

idiot9.0

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 01:00

Enter

popcan12

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 01:11

Enter.

Sky

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 02:11

Enter.
Very much a nice guy, but seeing as you're an administrator, I'm slightly afraid to enter this.

RWLabs

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 02:22

Enter.
You come up with replies that generally make the other person look stupid. Here's a good example. Or pretty much bound by rules.

EDIT: And you remind me of Benson from Regular Show (as LF pointed out, I think) for some reason.
Last edited by RWLabs on 02 Jul 2012, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

LightningFire

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 02:32

Enter.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 06:57

So begins the streak of saying mostly the same things.

Qcode
You seem alright. You probably post mostly in twatter (though it might be just a duck hat distraction), but I can't recall anything bad. And from what I remember, you aren't in irc very often, if at all.

After checking post/warning history:
Well, your warning/ban history is absolutely clean. You did post a lot in various forum games which I tend to avoid due to being mostly useless, but whatever floats your boat. Especially with such a good record. I won't go reading about every single post you ever made, but you seem like a model poster.

Isn't it a bit silly, that keeping to the rules makes you less memorable? I mean that for everyone in general. It's a real shame.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 07:05

idiot 9.0
From what I can remember, you're the same sort of poster as Qcode. But you probably often the mapping forums, so yeah. Can't say much. Dig the avatar though.

Well, once again, clean warnings/ban history, so it seems I was fairly spot on. I wish I'd see your avatar around more often since it seems to be a good way to find good posts.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 07:23

popcan12
I can't say why, but the name seems to have a bit of a bad vibe with me. From what I remember, you do end up in the IRC channel every once in a while, so it might be from that, or you made a stupid post on the forums once or twice. Also the lack of transparency in your avatar bothers me a bit so it might even be that.

Well, it seems my memory deceives me. Good poster, but you hang around mostly in IRC. You were probably kicked for doing something silly, and it got imprinted in my memory. But from what I can tell when I flew through the IRC chat history, you're perfectly alright (and believe me, I did have to fly, the log is massive).

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 07:35

WillWare
Like a broken record, you seem like the rest so far, only better. I don't see you that often though, but the avatar is memorable enough for me to say that you seem like a perfectly good poster. You might've been in irc, but I really don't remember.

Well, you've got 1 ban, but it's easily excusable since it was a minor offence. Not really much else to say.

I should have thought this through a bit better when I made the thread, since there's only a handful I could write more about, but oh well.

Edit: in regards to your post: you don't have to be.

TheSeek

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 07:41

Enter.

Chippy348

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 07:55

Enter.
I don't know much about you, but I do know that you always seem serious, but whenever you post something, that post always make me laugh :D
Last edited by Chippy348 on 02 Jul 2012, 08:32, edited 1 time in total.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 08:29

RWLabs
It seems the magical memory breakthrough point is about 500 posts. I know you. And from what I can remember, you're a good poster with an occasional terrible one. You seem like a troublemaker, so whenever I see you, I give your post a second glance. As for the reason why...

Well, your warnings history makes you seem that you're learning from mistakes. Or at least from things that we tell you were mistakes. A grammar nazi though, that's what I'm not too fond of. I'm all for having everyone keep up a great standard of spelling, but I found your corrections some time ago more annoying than useful, since they were basically empty posts that the original posters of reacted differently. Likely the reason your name has sort of a bad vibe for me. Another thing would be the occasional stupid post you do, but I generally delete those singular stupid posts. For an example, in this thread you posted that he made the thread in a wrong forum after I moved the topic, but left shadow topic (basically a link). You made a post how he posted in the wrong forum, so I simply deleted it. Then you posted it again. And then I deleted it again.

Overall you seem like a good guy with an occasional terrible post. From the super fast flyover of your posts, you also stopped with the meme replies, and that's never a bad thing.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 09:01

LightningFire
Oh, you. I know very well you've got quite a history as far as warnings and bans go, so I'll just go straight to checking that.

Well, you're twelve. Meaning less mature. Meaning you're more bound to do stupid things on impulse. In retrospect I'm not sure how I was like when I was 12, but probably worse.
You've got a massive post history, so I won't bother to go much through them. You spend a massive amount of time in forum games topics (which, like I probably mentioned already, very rarely check) (200 posts in a single forum game thread? jeez), since you want to be an active member. And that's fine.

Rage comics are one thing I find annoying about you, since they've been basically run into the ground several times already by the entire internet. Lately I've seen you post them less so that's an improvement.

Another thing would be your openness about being a aaaaa, as much as I hate writing that word. You know very well I like ponies as much as the other guy, but at times you seem to be exactly like the stereotypical aggressive militant aaaaa. One such example would be your signature (which was even worse at the time where you defended the option to display signatures in posts), which, well, just seems infantile. Another would be the fact that you asked me to change your nickname, which is also something SMP2 is pushing for. You want to surround yourself with ponies and pony roleplay. It's a good thing I only skimmed through twatter story once since from what I remember, you put a great deal of time into your own character, not to mention identify with him. Or her, I'm not exactly sure. Did you ever think what you will think of yourself when you're older? I mean it's hard to put yourself in a position like that, but it's a good thing to try. When you turn 15 or 16, you'll already be looking back on the posts you've made and feeling a bit stupid.

I'd elaborate on your choice of nickname, but considering I've been using the same nickname since I was about 12 (not here though), I can't really say much. But the fact you changed your nickname is a bit concerning, as stupid as it may sound. If you want to make a name of yourself, it's best to be consistent with your usernames. Though I have a feeling that you'll stick to being LF from now on.

And you've had a few stupid outbreaks, but luckily you stopped very quickly most of the time.

This is mostly rambling, so I might need to elaborate at some point.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 09:05

TheSeek
Well, to be honest, I haven't seen you around. If I couldn't see your postcount I'd probably say you've made about 10 posts that I managed to never see.

Well you've got a clean history and what seem to be good overall posts. Not much else to say.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 09:09

Chippy348
Sort of the same as TheSeek, except I've seen you in the Meat boy thread. You seem to be willing to contribute, and that's always nice to see.

One ban, but that's it. You seem to be doing fine. Can't remember or see any bad posts on first glance so that's as much as I can say.

Assasin-Kiashi

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 11:26

Enter.
on the outside, you come across as possibly a jerk to some people, but i think that your probably a really nice guy on the inside. being able to see you happy would probably mean a lot to all of us, i know it means a lot to me, so maybe sometime be a little more cheery :)
Last edited by Assasin-Kiashi on 04 Jul 2012, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.

Jorichi

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 11:34

Enter.
For as far as I've seen you in the forum and chat, you seem like a good guy. Straight forward and to the point, something I like to see people do more often, but helpful when necessary. I don't really have anything bad to say, besides sometimes pointing out other people's obvious statements and make them look stupid in the chat. It hasn't happened much, but I just didn't expect something as childish from you. Nothing to be really bothered about though, as I can usually laugh about it.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 11:45

Assasin-Kiashi
I have no idea who you are.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 12:06

Jorichi
I keep seeing you around, but I can't really remember you. Go figure. I think you're the one who made pony models, but I'm not exactly sure.

Another member with a clean history. From a first glance you stay in forum games threads mostly. And it seems I was right about you making that model. I always have respect for people who are willing to dedicate their time to create something.

In response to yours: I see. Though that is pretty much the reason I keep changing nicknames in IRC. Easier to vent.

Enderborn

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 18:22

Enter.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 18:54

Enderborn
I've never even seen you before.

Bonko

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 20:16

Enter.

Lawnboy

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 22:11

Enter.
Sašo, to me you've always been like a better Maurice. Instead of getting some sarcastic response whenever someone asks a question, you're straight forward and "professional" about things.
Last edited by Lawnboy on 22 Jul 2012, 04:25, edited 1 time in total.

lolpoop89

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 22:26

enter

NickIAm

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 22:57

Enter
You are good in answers, so I think that you are there, where you must be. =)

TWNOLHD

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 23:03

Enter

samkostka

Post » 03 Jul 2012, 03:53

Enter.

Polybius

Post » 03 Jul 2012, 09:02

Enter
you may seem mean at first , but your posts do tend to set people in the right direction most of the time, with a bit of abrupt bluntness added.
Last edited by Polybius on 03 Jul 2012, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

renhoek

Post » 03 Jul 2012, 11:18

Enter
I'm terrible at introductions so... I keep reading people say that you're mean,
I beg to differ,
you're a forum moderator you're meant to do these things otherwise the forum would be over run with memes images and horrible, horrible people,
also I never understood why people think you're mean, you seem to be serious in your posts (occasionally funny.) but it never came off as mean.
I also like how you've put up with my shit most of the time and how you've informed me why I get banned (even though my last ban was two months ago) (I take those things to heart and try not to do it again.)

Please keep up the good work and never let anyone get to you ;)

JohnnyM21

Post » 03 Jul 2012, 11:34

Enter.

TurretBot

Post » 03 Jul 2012, 22:04

Enter.
Shift.
CTRL.
I have that feeling that you are probably the most mature person on these forums.

thunderfapper

Post » 04 Jul 2012, 08:06

Enter.

FaycalMenouar

Post » 04 Jul 2012, 13:15

Enter.

Hatninja

Post » 04 Jul 2012, 18:35

Enter INVASION
you're pretty nice, but also serious like qcode said
im also afraid i got something wrong and i would get banned for it

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 05 Jul 2012, 00:00

I'll skip the line of people i don't remember that well and just get to someone I know a bit more.
And break my own rules at the same time by quoting a post to make a point.

Turret Opera
Do you know why you're banned that often from the IRC?
Turret Opera wrote:Enter.
Shift.
CTRL.
Because of shit like this. Half assed attempts to be funny. And your portal related roleplay is horribly irritating and repetitive. It's not funny. It's NOT funny. Maybe SOMEONE finds you funny, but personally I don't.

You know what's fun? Kicking or banning you. That's what's fun.

And I can't say your performance on the forum is that much different.

Filio

Post » 05 Jul 2012, 00:12

Enter.

oh god please don't kill me

Camewel

Post » 05 Jul 2012, 00:32

Enter.
You seem to have stopped caring about people not liking you in the time that I wasn't here, and that's a plus. You seem to also have stopped caring about Maurice being a dick, which is also a plus as he's actually not a dick any more, he responds with a decent level of niceness relative to what the message is. You put in a whole load of effort in to keep the name 'stabyourself' in a good reputation though, and that should be applauded. You're clearly quite a nice guy, and brutal honesty in never a bad thing unless you believe this silly notion that people should have their feelings protected or whatever. I'm kind of expecting that you'll throw some negative stuff at me, but whatever.

rokit

Post » 05 Jul 2012, 21:31

Enter

DiamondPhoenix

Post » 07 Jul 2012, 01:18

Enter.

cavejohnson99

Post » 08 Jul 2012, 07:41

Enter.

trosh

Post » 14 Jul 2012, 10:23

enter.
Well, one of the few people who seems to be at ease talking on the forum or irc. I'm annoyed at the fact there's no picture of you. very professional about what you do, and it's sad you mostly spend your time taking care of 12 year olds here. guessing you'd probably be more fun if I knew you in person or if you weren't trying to be as professional (as is often the case on irc) or if you had more responsibility in stys. trosh out!
Last edited by trosh on 25 Jul 2012, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.

Flutter Skye

Post » 20 Jul 2012, 20:42

Enter.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 20 Jul 2012, 21:13

Enter

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 21 Jul 2012, 22:18

Let's get up to date with super short posts that won't tell you much but hey at least it's an update so more people don't have to post and get banned.

Bonko: You seem alright. Don't see you much since 98.99% of your posts are in Twatter (and that's most likely just forum games) so welp.

LawnboyInAJar: You've been here a while, and I don't really have any complaints.

JohnnyM21: I don't recall seeing any of your posts even.

TurretOpera's been done in earlier post

thunderflipper: Most of what I know from you is from the username change debacle, which I was completely against, so I might be a bit biased in your favor. Otherwise you don't seem like a troublemaker.

FaycalMenouar: I find you a bit annoying, mostly from the fact that I know you've annoyed Maurice with a lot of programming related PMs. Another factor would be your consistent bad post form (as in misplaced commas - a bit nitpicky, I know) and the fact that you used shitloads of reaction images in the past (which you've stopped after you were gived a warning, so props for that). Nothing special to say about your behavior since you seem alright, just the way you post.

hatninja: Haven't seen you around much.

Filio: You seem alright.

Camewel: I don't know why but for some reason I want to find you annoying. Not that I do, but it's probably just because something happened/you did something I didn't like. No idea what so oh well. Other than that, nothing special to say.

rokit boy: You're alright, but you've had your share of dumb/irrelevant posts. Also the event log is filled with various shit that happened to you and was done by you. Lately you've improved so that's good.

DiamondPhoenix: I'm fairly sure you're a regular in the irc but nothing really to say.

cavejohnson99: No idea.

trosh: At start you've had a bunch of horribly stupid posts, but I can't see any like that lately so that's good. Also I'm slighly irritated when you take the liberty to change IRC topic/bans even though you're technically the channel owner.

supermarioportal2 i'll make a seperate post.

BobTheLawyer: Only really seen you in irc, and I can't recall you doing anything silly, so you're fine in my eyes.

Kyle Prior

Post » 11 Aug 2012, 01:30

Enter.
I don't think you're too honest for your own good. Honesty can be refreshing. You've got a professional quality about you. From what I've seen, you handle problems quite well. Whether it's a spammer in the irc room, or a request for help in the support forum, you seem to be on top of things. I don't think I've ever seen you be too harsh. I think the disciplinary measures you take seem to be sufficient and fair. You really seem to care about Stabyourself. If I'm not mistaken, you and Maurice take money out of your own pockets to keep things running smoothly. To me, that says quite a lot about how much you both care. To top it all off, you have Gamescom coming up and you're still able to stay on top of things. I don't have anything bad to say about you.. you even like the best pony.
I'd like to think I've made a good impression on you.. I hope I have. If not, then I'm sure you have some constructive criticism..

MrCytosine

Post » 11 Aug 2012, 13:52

Enter.
I feel a little sorry for you to be honest. You seem to do an excellent job keeping everything Stys.net does very streamlined and professional, and your reward is having to deal with a large quantity of idiots asking for stupid stuff to be added into Mari0 SE and the like. You and Maurice deserve a lot better, but I guess an idiot or two is to be expected with any developers.

Mariobros2

Post » 12 Aug 2012, 20:28

Enter.

1cool46

Post » 16 Aug 2012, 00:21

Enter I really don't post often in this forum or any forum but I think that most of the people here mean no harm. I only have problems with one, maybe two people. Saso seems like a good admin that can be tough at times.That's all I have to say so... Peace! 1cool46 Out.