Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright)

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
popcan12

Post » 21 May 2012, 18:25

I'm wondering, has anyone ever heard of Phoenix Wright, you know, that game where you're a lawyer, trying to get a not guilty. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then let moi show you a video:
Last edited by popcan12 on 10 Aug 2014, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

Sky

Post » 21 May 2012, 18:52

Your description is very inaccurate, but I have heard of this.

...What of it?

teh_lurker

Post » 21 May 2012, 19:56

Yes, heard of it.

HeroKing

Post » 21 May 2012, 19:59

played through most of them. i lack the final bonus case of the first game and the final case of the 3rd one, but i don't wanna bother redownloading an emulator and restarting it again

MrCytosine

Post » 21 May 2012, 20:13

I haven't played this game, but I loved this video series (caution, NSFW).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZxbi78M ... ure=relmfu

trosh

Post » 21 May 2012, 20:38

I played the iPhone one (because I got it for free with installous at the time when I had an ipod touch)
I played for hours and got reaally far but then I lost my progress and didn't try it again because there was only one story and was sooo slow to get shit done.

popcan12

Post » 21 May 2012, 20:44

It's a great series. Too bad the Ace attorney series only features Phoenix wright as a main character for the first 3 games. (Excluding case 5 of Apollo Justice)

RWLabs

Post » 22 May 2012, 01:45

I saw the "OBJECTION!" meme, but never knew that it was even a game.

LightningFire

Post » 22 May 2012, 03:34

I knew it was a game when I saw the 'OBJECTION!' meme. Also, I don't think that would be the propper name to give that game. Or is there something I don't know? Oh well, it looks boring to me.

Flutter Skye

Post » 23 Aug 2013, 12:39

So what game do you thing is the best from the whole series ? I'm at Turnabout Succesion. And i think my favorite game so far was either Apollo Justice or Trials and Tribulations.
I wish that Dual Destinies would be already released in Europe. Also Jony, will you buy Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney ?

renhoek

Post » 23 Aug 2013, 17:34

I haven't played any Phoenix wright games, I have seen gameplay and such but I'm not quite sure if the game would be right for me, if I had any spare time to look up more gameplay or even pick a game up what should I aim for?

also the main reason I'm making this post.
WaryLouka wrote:
FlutterPie wrote:So what game do you thing is the best from the whole series ? I'm at Turnabout Succesion. And i think my favorite game so far was either Apollo Justice or Trials and Tribulations.
I wish that Dual Destinies would be already released in Europe. Also Jony, will you buy Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney ?
Suddenly random bump from May
Holy sheet bro
read the rules you twat.
Bumping threads is fine as long as you add something to the discussion or bring up to date information regarding it. Bumping with just "this is cool/terrible/whatever" is pointless and wastes everyone's time. If your thread is inactive, you can use the board's Bump Thread feature, which is available after 3 days of inactivity in the lower left corner of the page.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7
now stop making an ass out of yourself before you could get banned/warned

popcan12

Post » 23 Aug 2013, 18:00

Well, in order it's like AA, AAJFA, AAT&T, AAI, AAI 2, AJ and then Dual Destinies. You should probably start at the first game, but T&T has a pretty solid storyline.

Camewel

Post » 23 Aug 2013, 20:10

I'd say start with the first game because that's how you're supposed to play a series with story you idiot it means the story will make most sense.

Flutter Skye

Post » 25 Aug 2013, 09:56

I just completed Apollo Justice.
Now i'm bored, because there are no other Ace Attorney games.

Dragonberi

Post » 25 Aug 2013, 12:52

I have everything unlocked on Iphone, and up to Steel Samurai (only because I love the music!)
Capcom, make more Ace Attorney! Hurry up!

Flutter Skye

Post » 10 Aug 2014, 00:53

Dragonberi wrote:I have everything unlocked on Iphone, and up to Steel Samurai (only because I love the music!)
Capcom, make more Ace Attorney! Hurry up!
I'm curious why they haven't released the Trilogy on Android yet.

B-Man99

Post » 10 Aug 2014, 01:00

Nah I've never heard of it

That was a joke, in case anyone didn't know about this being my latest obsession. These games are near perfect; I'm on the third one right now. Mind blowing gameplay, amazing characters / character development, genuinely clever (and quite moving) plots, humor... if you're interested in detective shows/books, or situation-centric puzzles, this series is a must play. Even if you aren't, I'd recommend them to everyone. Not to mention this series made me change my all-time favorite game, which has been Portal 2 ever since I first played that 2 years ago.

Also shouldn't the thread be called "Ace Attorney" since that's the series name? Not every game centers around Feenie :P (Do the Investigations spin offs even have him? I don't think so)

I can't say enough, this post won't do it justice (no pun intended). Amazing games. Thanks to Skye for nagging me every day recommending them to me

Flutter Skye

Post » 10 Aug 2014, 01:04

I'm happy I managed to convince you to play the series. Now you have a new favorite game.
Phoenix and Maya appear in both Investigations as cameos. Speaking of investigations; "Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth: Prosecutor's Path" (Gyakuten Kenji 2) is the best game I've ever played in my life. It has the best story and characters ever. I hope they'll make GK3, cause it would complete the trilogy. (And would be awesome)
Also, Dual Destinies got released on iOS a few days ago, I hope they'll make an Android port of that, unlike with the Trilogy.

Wary

Post » 10 Aug 2014, 01:10

I own all the english physical games for the DS, except the first one.
I'm currently looking for a clean GBA cartridge of one of the first three games.

I also own Gyakuten Saiban 5 on my 3DS.

Tomorrow (or after-tomorrow?), I'm going to Montreal to get Gyakuten Kenji 2, I'm very lucky to find one on Kijiji

I started playing Ace Attorney because my brother did owned the first cartridge, and he talked to me about it. Today, he lost it somewhere.

B-Man99

Post » 10 Aug 2014, 01:35

The iOS ports I've played (2 and part of 3) are really high quality. Although I'm probably going to get Dual Destinies on Nate's 3DS, I am curious how that port is. Surprised they skipped Apollo Justice... no idea why.

Also I specifically avoided mentioning the quite amazing music because knowing me, if I brought up the music I would go on and on and on and on ...and on ...AND ON
A B O U T
I T
this is so satisfying having posted all of this

Flutter Skye

Post » 10 Aug 2014, 10:29

Maybe they skipped it, because they have bigger plans with it? (Maybe a remake of Apollo Justice on the Dual Destinies engine...)
Also since B-Man mentioned music, I'll post some too.

Wary

Post » 10 Aug 2014, 12:22

Anyone has seen the Gyakuten Saiban movie?
Here's a piece of music from it:

Flutter Skye

Post » 13 Aug 2014, 15:59

I just completed GK2, and like I expected it was the best game ever.
The Mastermind has been found, now I want GK3.

B-Man99

Post » 13 Aug 2014, 18:49

I do hope they make a GK3; I wonder where in the timeline it would take place though.

I doubt it'll be out anytime soon though, with fans hoping for GS6 and an already announced new spinoff...

Wary

Post » 11 Sep 2014, 23:31

Image Image Buckle up, B-Man/Flutter Skye. Image Dai Gyakuten Saiban is a spin-off that will take place during the Meiji period in Japan, as opposed to the main series' modern Japanese setting. This marks the first game in the franchise to take place in the past, rather than the present or near future. Ryuunosuke Naruhodou, the protagonist of the game, travels to England with his assistant, Susato Mikotoba, to further his studies, where he encounters world-famous detective Sherlock Holmes and works alongside him in solving a mysterious case.
  • Ryuunosuke Naruhodou (成歩堂 龍ノ介 Naruhodō Ryūnosuke?) - The protagonist of the game. A student at one of Japan's imperial universities in its capitol, a certain case pushed him to become an attorney. In order to learn the ways of the new justice system, he takes his burning sense of justice in hand and transfers to England.
  • Susato Mikotoba (御琴羽寿沙都 Mikotoba Susato?) - A young woman who works as a legal assistant supporting Ryuunosuke due to 'certain circumstances'. A progressive, foreign-mystery loving Yamato Nadeshiko.
  • Sherlock Holmes (シャーロック·ホームズ Shārokku Hōmuzu?) - The world's most famous detective. Though his skills of observation and deduction are incredible, he occasionally goes too far into the realm of speculation - a veritable "Reasoning Rampage". The meeting between this great detective and that rookie attorney will bring a grand turnabout down on England's courts. You gotta admit, this one was absolutely not expected.
  • Iris Watson (アイリス·ワトソン Airisu Watoson?) - A young girl living with Holmes. Although she's only 8 years old, she holds a medical degree and is the author of the extremely popular novel series "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes." Some say her skills of deduction surpass even Holmes'....
Image ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Golden rule of Ace Attorney: Payne is obligatory.
Image Image TRAILER 1:TRAILER 2:
ImageWARNING: Huge Images!
ImageComing: SPRING 2015
Last edited by Wary on 18 Sep 2014, 13:17, edited 11 times in total.

Flutter Skye

Post » 11 Sep 2014, 23:37

Good job copy pasting the article, besides, we seen that already. we're not stalking court-records 24/7 at all.
Still though, I'm really excited for it. It's awesome that they added Sherlock Holmes to this game.
Also:

Wary

Post » 11 Sep 2014, 23:40

Flutter Skye wrote:Good job copy pasting the article, besides, we seen that already. we're not stalking court-records 24/7 at all.
Still though, I'm really excited for it. It's awesome that they added Sherlock Holmes to this game.
Also:
You should note that mentioning that I copy/pasted the article was completely not necessary.
Further more, I didn't copy/pasted the article, so you can shove it up your ass.
Also, do you know where's the source of the original image?

B-Man99

Post » 11 Sep 2014, 23:52

As it is a spin-off, I'm most curious about what will be unique in terms of gameplay. They can definitely do a lot with this game, especially now that we've been given a glimpse into the intriguing idea of having Sherlock Holmes as a character. And yeah, holy shit was that unexpected. Of course as for the artwork, it's looking good as ever...
WaryLouka wrote:[*]Iris Watson (アイリス·ワトソン Airisu Watoson?) - A young girl living with Holmes. Although she's only 8 years old, she holds a medical degree and is the author of the extremely popular novel series "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes." Some say her skills of deduction surpass even Holmes'.
Iris as a character clearly has a lot of different directions that Capcom could go with this. As if we didn't have enough insane AA characters achieving at a young age, right? I'm curious about the hint of Watson being even more skilled than Sherlock. She/he has always been sort of mentored by Holmes, at least in the adaptions I've seen/read (My dad got me into the original books when I was younger, having read nearly all of them I'm a huge fan. Sherlock, Elementary... they're all right up my alley ;D), and the fact that Iris is only a child makes this whole situation even more unique. I have a feeling Capcom knows what they're doing though.
WaryLouka wrote:(England in the Western localizations)
I really don't see this working, given the basic premise and especially the character art...
England was great in PLvPW but this feels greatly unnecessary. The Phoenix we know and love certainly could have had ancestors in Japan, right? Given the different histories of the countries and when the game takes place, I'm not so much mad as just concerned for how this is going to work. Not that we've had any issue with localizations in the past we've had problems with the lack of one instead; Japanifornia is a wonderful place.
WaryLouka wrote:RELEASE DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON AT TOKYO GAME SHOW 2014
I can't wait! Even though they'll probably announce the Japanese release date and who knows how long the localization will take! WOOHOO HYPE SO MUCH HYPE

B-Man99

Post » 11 Sep 2014, 23:57

WaryLouka wrote:
Flutter Skye wrote:Good job copy pasting the article, besides, we seen that already. we're not stalking court-records 24/7 at all.
You should note that mentioning that I copy/pasted the article was completely not necessary.
He was making a joke since me and him are on Court Records a lot and he had already seen this, it was in no way attacking your post. I'm sure we both understand this post was helpful since there are most likely some AA fans on these forums that are not as obsessed as us and would have wanted to know.
WaryLouka wrote:so you can shove it up your ass.
You don't have to be rude about it
Jesus Christmas
Flutter Skye wrote:Image
Does that say Phoelo
Please tell me that does not actually say Phoelo
And the game takes place in England according to Wary's thing so wouldn't you expect him to say something about the country he's visiting rather than his homeland or whatever?
But still
Fucking Phoelo

Flutter Skye

Post » 12 Sep 2014, 00:00

Flutter Skye wrote:
WaryLouka wrote:
Further more, I didn't copy/pasted the article, so you can shove it up your ass.
You copied the premise from Wikipedia And the character descriptions from Court-Records
I'm saying that you could simply put a link to the news.

Anyways, 10 Bucks says Iris will be the prosecutor.
A prodigy prosecutor.

Also have some DGS avatars while we are at it:
ImageImageImageImage
Wow so many posts got made while I was writing this one...

B-Man99

Post » 12 Sep 2014, 00:07

Flutter Skye wrote: You copied the premise from Wikipedia And the character descriptions from Court-Records
I'm saying that you could simply put a link to the news.
You didn't say this at all though until now...? I'm not saying it's a bad idea but should we really be arguing over this? Who the hell cares if Wary copied stuff, eh still formatted it and put it on the forums where others could see it. I'm here to talk about things I'm interested in not get all confrontational over something so insignificant. We've already shown that just making a joke about it caused someone to say "shove it up your ass." I'd really prefer not to have more of this
Flutter Skye wrote: Anyways, 10 Bucks says Iris will be the prosecutor.
A prodigy prosecutor.
Oh yes. Hell yes. You totally got this idea from Court Records I can feel it.

Oh and thanks for the avatars, although I'd rather wait until the game actually comes out before deciding on a character I would want to represent myself on the internet xP
Last edited by B-Man99 on 12 Sep 2014, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.

Wary

Post » 12 Sep 2014, 13:23

Also the release date has been announced
..well, the approx* release date.

I also updated my post with even more stuff.

Wary

Post » 13 Sep 2014, 02:27

Sorry for double posting (it's for bumping the thread), but I added a shit ton of screenshots.

B-Man99

Post » 13 Sep 2014, 02:57

WaryLouka wrote:Sorry for double posting
It's fine. I did it too. As long as the post is meaningful or extensive this isn't that big of a deal.
WaryLouka wrote:I added a shit ton of screenshots.
THANK YOU!
B-Man99 wrote:music
I wonder what the music is going to be like for DGS. It will probably go for the orchestral feel of Layton v Wright and Dual Destinies, but given it is a prequel game, chances are most themes will be new. I for one will be looking forward to it; Ace Attorney has yet to disappoint me with anything short of amazing music.
Say, do we know if Iwadare is doing the soundtrack for this or not? I know a few different people did the first two in the original trilogy, but he's done all of Gyakuten Kenji, as well as GS3+5. I'd be more than welcome to Masakazu Sugimori doing it though, as the first game has some of the most memorable and generally good (albeit shorter than most) themes. I like what they did with that for Layton v Wright in the British Court... fresh bit of nostalgia since I'm just playing that now after doing all the others in release order

Vakema123

Post » 13 Sep 2014, 14:42

I don't think people are really going to complain about you guys freaking out and double posting in this thread.
I mean, what do they expect.

Wary

Post » 18 Sep 2014, 13:08

blablabla NEW TRAILER
blablabla CHECK MY MAIN POST
blablabla I ADDED A PAYNE-RELATED BECAUSE WHY NOT
blablabla kthxbai

Flutter Skye

Post » 18 Sep 2014, 13:41

Oh god.
Now I want this a lot more.
They still didn't show any animations for Iris though, I think they're planning to do something special for her. Prosecutor Iris Watson confirmed.

B-Man99

Post » 19 Sep 2014, 00:53

THAT TRAILER
THIS GAME LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING
I'M USING ALL CAPS AND AM LEGITIMATELY ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT SOMETHING FOR THE FIRST TIME IN DAYS
YOU CAN TOTALLY TELL HOW LIKE SHERLOCK'S DEDUCTION GOES AND JUST OMG
EVERYTHING
EVERY SINGLE LITTLE ASPECT OF THE GAME SHOWN IN THIS TRAILER
GOOD LORD AM I HYPED FOR THIS NOW

Wary

Post » 20 Sep 2014, 19:38

Shitass Load of Very Rare Screenshots Version 1337 (some of not are not so rare but whatev) Court:
OH SHIT (spoiler: he's not dead)
And who is the prosecutor?
The answer:
yeah
Images from Small Hidden Theater:

Flutter Skye

Post » 20 Sep 2014, 22:20

Iris Watson doesn't approve of her not being the prosecutor.

B-Man99

Post » 20 Sep 2014, 22:57

She's 8 and has a medical degree. I don't think she minds.

I wonder how Sherlock's character ties into his role as a prosecutor. Obviously he's involved in the investigations like Edgey, since everyone knows Holmes' deduction abilities with just about every incarnation there is, but how will he be in the courtroom? Also, since this is technically a spin-off from the main series, I'm really hoping for some kind of tie-in between the gameplay and these new characters.

B-Man99

Post » 24 Sep 2014, 01:42

Okay to switch the topic a little bit I just finished Layton vs Wright
I mean keep in mind Unwound Future (PL) and T&T (AA) were both previously my all time favorite game at one point
But
This is my new absolute favorite game

Flutter Skye

Post » 03 Oct 2014, 13:37

Since you completed both DD and Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney, which one do you suggest me to get first? I'm getting a 2DS soon, and I wanted to pick one of these games to play something, but I'm kinda undecided.

B-Man99

Post » 03 Oct 2014, 22:06

I would play Dual Destinies first because of chronological order and overall theme. That being said, Layton vs Wright is my personal favorite and Dual Destinies is the weakest in the entire series imo. Like Dual Destinies is an amazing game - compared to normal games, it's just a bit too linear and easy (link to my spoiler free post about this on Court Records) for the majority's taste and Capcom could do better - but I wouldn't want to play it last out of the two since Layton vs Wright has a lot more of a lasting impression and such.

Congrats on getting a 2DS soon by the way!

PS if anyone was interested and has already played Layton vs Wright I have a giant wall of text on CR explaining why it's my favorite thing

Flutter Skye

Post » 03 Oct 2014, 22:14

Alright, thanks. I'll most likely get Dual Destinies first then, since it's also the reason I'm getting a 2DS. Also you made a great post there.
I'm actually getting a 2DS in 2 months but that can be considered "soon"... right?

B-Man99

Post » 03 Oct 2014, 22:30

Flutter Skye wrote:thanks
np
Flutter Skye wrote:great post
thanks

Flutter Skye

Post » 01 Apr 2015, 16:28

New Trailer has been released for Ace Attorney: The Adventures of Ryunosuke Naruhodou!

This game looks like it will be the most amazing one in the series!

Flutter Skye

Post » 15 Apr 2015, 18:54

Okay, this time I'm serious.

B-Man99

Post » 17 Sep 2015, 22:27

Holy shit

We're getting an anime

Also I forgot to post about it here but GS6 was announced and there's also a trailer for it:

I linked someone's english sub edit because that's much more convenient: the original's here.

Wary

Post » 21 Sep 2015, 15:12

The localization team must be tearing their eyeballs out