Mari0 Alesan99's Entities Character Thread

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
BetterDonutGamer

Post » 17 Nov 2020, 02:08

Donut the Lakitu
This character is pretty old and stuff, but I'll keep it up for archival purposes
download here

the controls are as followed:

B/run on the ground - Paint Brush Swipe
Up + B/run - Paint Bucket Throw
B/run in the air - Short Flight
Last edited by BetterDonutGamer on 12 Jul 2022, 01:07, edited 1 time in total.

WilliamFrog

Post » 17 Nov 2020, 02:14

New page

Britdan

Post » 17 Nov 2020, 12:30

WilliamFrog wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 02:14
New page
i like how this has somehow become the most active thread

3O9XT

Post » 20 Nov 2020, 09:21

WilliamFrog wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 02:05
The wait is over...
ODYSSEY MARIO V6
OM V6 Release Showcase.gif
Yay, brand new gif! It's small though
Odyssey Mario Preview V4.gif
a smoother stiffer.gif
Odyssey Mario Preview.gif

OM V6 is out at last! This one took longer than the other updates because I took a break from working on him. I didn't actually expect to make a V6, but here it is. This update overhauls the entire system to utilize animations, which allows for some stuff which wasn't possible before. Finally, swimming has been fixed! And with it, comes a new move: quick swimming (or just swimdiving). Also with this update comes rolling, a fast way to to go under low ceilings, or to gain speed down slopes. This means that at last, EVERY move from Super Mario Odyssey has been incorporated into OM! Probably the most important change though, has been move disabling. By changing specific animation numbers (entailed in an enclosed text file) mappacks can decide which moves OM can preform in real time! Also with a new update, comes a new test area. There are 6 now. They're compiled into a full mappack for ease of use. This one is locked unless you're using V6 because you could seriously cheat it. Anyone who beats them all deserves an award because they do NOT kid around. Also if you're on the Discord and are using one of the beta versions I posted there, it's worth updating.

V2

Code: Select all

- Reworked wall jumping, it works better now. The height has been nerfed a bit though.
- You can wall jump off of EVERYTHING now, including entities. No more clipping! (yay!)
- No more wall jumping backwards through walls
- You slide less while ground pounding
- Tweaked diving
- You can now land dives on entities. No more sliding!
- You can also bonk on entities now, with both long jumps and dives
- Midair cap jump now refreshes when you land on semisolids, entities... EVERYTHING. 
- You can die to spiked ceilings while long jumping (yay?)
- Dynamic Cappy throw speeds! You throw farther when you're moving faster, so you can land a
  cap dive at any speed.
- Fixed some moves that might have been affected by framerate. Now they aren't.
- Grounded Cap jumps! Up, then touch cap, then jump. Gif included.
- Ground Pounds reworked
- You can no longer sit forever after ground pounding. Sorry nsmb fans.
- No more annoying sitting noises. Also no more extracting huge amounts of coins from
  blocks with Ground Pounds.
- Ground Pound Jumps also reworked. You can Ground Pound Jump on EVERYTHING now!
- Fixed the cap spin animations
- Bonking can now theoretically break bricks. It doesn't usually work but it's not a big deal
- I broke long jumps then fixed them again
- Made another test zone
V3

- All the jumps work on all surfaces now. (Epic YaY!)
- Return cap jumps aren't janky anymore! Inputs changed to be like Long Jumps
- Up and down throws! Including cappy rolling, but it could use some tweaking.
- Press up to do Cappy Bounces without diving
- Fixed the backflip!
- Ledge Grabs! Same control as wall sliding, but at the top of a wall. Mario can ledge grab all blocks and some
entities. I'll try and fix it next update.
- Normal jump height increased a bit
- Death animation! Credit to PixelMarioXP for the sprite I modified.
- This changelog is awful. I did more than this but idr what
V3.1

-Changed the options screen sprites, patched a bug
V4

- Fixed the Grounded Cap Jump.
- Fixed everything else V3 broke
- Buffering wall slides no longer makes you come off the wall.
- Cappy stays out a bit longer
- Ledge grabs work on entities now, and are more consistent
- Ledge grab jumps are higher so you can always get up onto the platform
- At long last fixed Cappy collision... I hope
- Triple Jumps! (yay!) Work on all surfaces
- New jump: the Betaflip! Mostly for comedic purposes
- Long Jump keybind adjusted to accommodate new Triple Jumps
- Readjusted some of the jump heights to closer match SMO
- New wall slide sprites made by Megabound
- New Long Jump animation made by me (it's better than nothing)
- Ground Pounds are faster.
- Cancelling Ground Pounds is now friendlier
- You now face the correct direction while Ground Pounding
- You can drop off walls now, press use.
- You can also cancel wall slides into cap throws
- Tweaked Cappy returning, now looks smoother at longer distances
- Mario accelerates a bit faster, but he's still slower than normal Mario
- Several internal adjustments
V5

- Fixed endlag after diving (yay.)
- Dives are smoother now, and the hitboxes are friendlier
- Cap jumps are smoother now
- Fixed Triple Jumps becoming Double Jumps when they shouldn't
- Reduced the friction
- Fixed the vanishing Cappy bug I hope
- Slight improvements to the Cappy throw system
- Adjusted several existing moves...
	- QOL improvements to Triple/Double Jumps
	- Dives are faster but lower
	- Cappy Throws are shorter to adjust for the above
	- Long Jumps have natural speed gain now (yay)
	- Backflips take you backwards now
	- Diveless cap jumps are now balanced
	- Cappy Rolls work great now
	- Ledge Grabs play a bit nicer with slabs
	- You can now do instant wall jumps and ledge jumps
	- You can die to spiked ceilings while long jumping (I swear I fixed this in V2)
	- Kicks now stale when used multiple times
- You can't climb as high or jump as far as before.
- New Moves!
	- Spinning
	- Spin Jumps
	- Spin Pounds
	- Spin Throws
	- Side Flips
	- Rolling Cap Dives
- New animations for up and down throws
- Fixed a bunch of other bugs and inconvieniences
V6

- Reworked everything to use animations (whee...)
- All moves can be disabled and enabled in real time by mappack-side animations 
	- For stuff like locking moves in certain areas or before objectives are completed
- Extra settings, also adjustable mappack-side
- Added Rolling, Roll Boosts
- Added Downward Dive
- Swimming is finally fixed (thx alezle)
	- Added Quick Swimming, or "swimdiving"
- Fixed several bugs and crashes
- Made many moves easier to do
- Balance Fixes
	- Buffed Side Flips, now they're chainable
	- Nerfed Spin Jumps, but you can do them more easily now.
- Fixed moves not colliding with red see-saws
- Countless tweaks and adjustments
	- You can hold multiple Cappies if you grab more, and the count can be changed with animations
	- Compatible with red see-saws now

Odyssey Mario is primarily meant to semi-accurately recreate the movement system from Super Mario Odyssey, a game I have never played.

Above all, Odyssey Mario is made to be fun to play as. I would greatly appreciate if you provide feedback and report any mishaps you may encounter so I can correct them in the next version.
Controls
Moves with multiple inputs require the buttons to be held sequentially without letting up until the move is preformed.
  • Throw Cappy: Left/Right + Use
  • Up Throw: Up + Use
  • Down Throw: Use + Down. Notice how the input is reversed. If Cappy hits the ground he'll roll for extra distance.
  • Ground Pound: Down in midair or underwater. Breaks blocks and kills enemies. DO NOT hold Use.
  • Dive: Ground Pound then Use. You dive the direction Mario is facing when you started the Ground Pound.
  • Downward Dive: Ground Pound + Use after falling, like a Dive but lower and faster.
  • Swimdive: Ground Pound + Use underwater, can be chained by pressing Use again with timing.
  • Cap Jump: Dive onto Cappy, or press Up right before you touch him in midair.
  • Rolling Cap Jump: Dive onto Cappy while he rolls. This has a different cooldown than aerial Cap Jumps.
  • Kick: Press Up right after Cappy returns. Stalls you like a Cap Throw would but better, but they stale when used multiple times
  • Wall Slide: Left/Right + Jump when next to a wall. If you slide into a ledge you'll grab it. Press Down to drop off.
  • Ledge Grab: Left/Right + Jump by a ledge, or slide onto it. Press Jump to jump up, Run to low jump up, or Down to drop down
  • Wall Jump: Wall Slide + Jump/Run. You can still Cap Jump after a Wall Jump.
  • Ground Pound Jump: Ground Pound + Jump (on the ground).
  • Return Cap Jump: Up then Jump right after Cappy returns.
  • Grounded Cap Jump: Up + Jump while touching Cappy on the ground.
  • Regular Jump: Press Jump. Odyssey Mario's jump is always 4 blocks, it doesn't matter how fast he's running.
  • Long Jump: Up + Run while moving. You get a speed boost from it and fall slow. Can be cancelled into a Cap Throw.
  • Side Flip: Brake + Up + Jump. Takes you backwards and is pretty quick. You need to be moving at a threshold speed.
  • Betaflip: Up + Run while standing. Takes you backwards with no control. A little higher than a Backflip.
  • Backflip: Up + Jump while standing, Takes you backwards. Can't quite reach 7 block ledges.
  • Double Jump: Up + Jump right after landing. Marginally higher than a single jump.
  • Triple Jump: Up + Jump after landing a Double Jump. You must be near max speed. This is the highest jump.
  • Spin: Left + Right + Up (on the ground). Sorry controller users ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Also breaks blocks.
  • Spin Throw: Use while spinning, or Run + Up + Use in midair. Spin Throws can penetrate walls but have less range.
  • Spin Jump: Jump while spinning. You can steer in midair and you fall very slowly. The second-highest jump, but it's slow rising.
  • Spin Pound: Down while Spin Jumping. Faster than a Ground Pound, but you can't cancel it.
  • Roll: Down + Use on the ground. Can be used to go downhill fast.
  • Roll Boost: Use while rolling. Not much acceleration, but it stops you from slowing down.
Tips & Notes
  • Cappy hits blocks and kills enemies. No capturing sadly. All throws carry your momentum. If Cappy hits the ground he can roll for extra distance.
  • Ground Pounds can be cancelled by jumping.
  • Spinning can lift up red see-saws, and Ground Pounding can weigh them down.
  • If you press Up before you fall off a ledge, you can Spin Jump/Long Jump shortly after in midair.
  • You can chain Swimdives by pressing Use rhythmically.
  • You can't bounce off enemies while diving.
  • Diving before a jump can help you get a lot more distance with little space. Downward Diving works even better.
  • Kicks play a tail whip sound when preformed.
  • If you're on a ledge, and you press Run + Jump while holding towards the ledge, you can Wall Jump off.
  • You can do instant Wall Jumps and ledge jumps by pressing Run and at the same time as you ledge grab/wall slide
  • Normal jumps don't increase with speed for balance reasons. I increased the height by a bit in V3 though.
  • If you are going faster, you can Long Jump even farther, but if you Long Jump while going too fast you can actually lose speed.
  • You can chain Side Flips with good timing
Known Bugs
  • Trying to backflip while facing a wall crashes the game. Easy fix, but I missed it somehow.
  • Wall jump inputs get eaten occasionally. I've fixed it for next version.
  • Sometimes Ground Pounding underwater makes you rise upwards. Not everyone has this issue. It's fixed for the next version.
  • Sometimes rolling can clip you into the floor. I fixed this but I was dumb and broke it again and didn't notice
Planned Features
  • Moves from other games, including...
    • The star-spin from Super Mario Galaxy
    • Triple Spin Jumps from SM64 beta
    • Air spin from SMM2
    • Sliding
    • Short rolls from SM3DW
  • Custom Star Colors
    • Because right now it's still not very pretty. Idk if I'll ever do this.
  • Feel free to suggest any features you'd like to see so I can consider them
Features I Don't Plan on Adding
  • Capturing
    • This would be cool but also not plausible with custom enemies
  • Melee attacks
    • For goodness sakes, some people just won't stop asking me for these. NOT HAPPENING.
  • Reskins
    I really don't care if you make a reskin yourself, as long as you...
    • Do not change any moves significantly
    • Do not alter the gameplay significantly
    • Do not add or remove moves
    • Do not include the Test Areas or Teh Archives in the download
    • Credit me very clearly and link to this post
    • Correct anyone who thinks you made the original char
    • Ask me first
I want this project to turn out the best it can be, which is why I am open to feedback. Please pm me if you have any suggestions. Also if you're good at making sound effects, I could use some.

Also included in the download is a test mappack. Beating it will take a ton of skill because it'd meant to test the absolute limits of the character. All the areas are unique and take advantage of each version's capabilities and quirks.

For AE V13a. You'll need to download AE V13a for this char to work, or else the game will crash. Extract the file into the characters folder then open the game, then select him in the characters menu. Odyssey Mario is not meant to wear hats, but if he seems to have an extra hat on top of his face, go back to the characters menu and set default Mario's hat to 0, which should fix it. Also don't change the colors plz.

Read the entire post before asking me anything, your question is probably answered somewhere.

Old versions can be found in the Odyssey Archive on the next page
odyssey mario v6.zip
This took quite some time please download it
Credit to PixelMarioXP for the death sprite I modified, Megabound for the Wall Slide sprites, and HansAgain for the base Rolling/Ground Pound sprites.
B R E A T H I N G

WilliamFrog

Post » 26 Nov 2020, 04:21

Use the Force, Mario...
Psychic Mario V3
Small gif :(
Psychic Mario V3 Showcase.gif (7.61 MiB) Viewed 68773 times

I decided to update Psychic Mario with a new move. Again. You can now freeze objects in place, which typically allows you to use them as platforms. This move is controlled with mouse locating so it might not work well with a controller. The update also greatly improves performance with extended use, and fixes several bugs. He's also footstep compatible now.

The download also includes a 3 level tutorial mappack. It's inside the folder, but you need to move it to your mappacks folder for it to work.

His other moves include telekinesis, which allows him to move items out of reach, among other things. You can move nearly everything that can move, and some things that can't, not just cubes. He can also teleport two blocks to the left or right. He can't teleport into objects, but he can go through stuff. He can also throw a small projectile which allows him to trade places with mostly anything things it touches. All of these moves can be blocked by specially made custom enemies, with examples in the tutorial map. Teleportation is also blocked by doors. All his moves can be disabled by setting specific animation numbers. As usual, please report any bugs to me, and feel free to provide feedback.

• Telekinesis: Use
    • Move aura: Run + WASD
    • Move aura slowly: WASD (Lets you adjust your grip on held items)
    • Switch colors: Use (You can only carry things while pink)
    • Drop/Cancel: Tap space
    • Throw: WASD + Tap space while pink (Launches held items in the direction you're pressing, also breaks blocks)
    • Kill: Hold space while pink (Kills enemies, melts ice, and lights bob-ombs. Don't hold WASD)
  • Start Teleport: Up + Use
    • Teleport: Jump (while space is clear)
    • Cancel: Use
  • Swap Toss: Up + Run
  • Freeze/Unfreeze: Down + Run
All of Psychic Mario's moves can be enabled and disabled in real time through use of specific animation numbers listed below. Setting a number to 1 disables the behavior, setting it to 0 enables it.

cankinesis: If he can use telekinesis. Default 0
cantp: If he can teleport. Doesn't govern swapping. Default 0
canswap: If he can swap with objects. Default 0
canfreeze: If he can freeze things or not. Default 0
singlefreeze: If he can only freeze one thing at a time. Default 1
  • Freezing specific built in objects, most notably platforms, doesn't work very well. Sadly there isn't much I can do about this. Some of them are blacklisted but I can't do that for everything.
If you have questions, please read the entire post before contacting me
This is a custom character, not a mod, and the extracted folder with his files must be placed in your characters folder. They can then be selected from the options menu after a game restart. The mappack file included should be placed inside the mappack folder. For use with Alesan's Entities V13c and later versions only.
psychic mario v3.zip
(130.96 KiB) Downloaded 4620 times
V2 if you want it for some reason
psychic mario v2.zip
(74.02 KiB) Downloaded 1449 times
V1 got 1063 downloads
Last edited by WilliamFrog on 02 Jul 2021, 06:03, edited 3 times in total.

Ormalawayo

Post » 03 Dec 2020, 22:59

WilliamFrog wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 04:21
Psychic Mario
Does this work for Android?

Also, where do you put this file

Marlee_Goat

Post » 04 Dec 2020, 02:23

Astro
From Astro's Playroom/Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
astroshowcase.gif
astroshowcase.gif (3.06 MiB) Viewed 78101 times
This is Astro. Astro goes around and saves tiny robots. Now he's flinging himself using portals and fighting turtles.
  • Punch - Press the run button, makes Astro punch
  • Spin - Hold run and press Use. Makes Astro use his spin attack, specifically from Astro's Playroom.
  • Hover - Hold Up while holding down jump to hover. Stop holding Up to stop hovering. Simple.
Have fun with Astro or something, idk.
Also, go play the Astro games if you have a PS5/PSVR. They're great.

Download:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nished.zip

Droidzeetka14

Post » 04 Dec 2020, 02:26

nice

Meculus

Post » 12 Dec 2020, 05:36

WilliamFrog wrote:
Use the Force, Mario...
Psychic Mario
Telekinesis Showcase.gif

So recently I've been working on this character for a while, if you're active on the Discord you've probably seen him. It took some time but he's finally been released. He's a much more puzzle-oriented character than any other I've made, and he's easy to design levels around. He cannot use powerups, and dies in one hit. He only has two abilities, but they're unique and useful, without being too broken. Included is a tutorial mappack for you to learn to use his abilities. It's not super difficult, don't worry. Telekinesis allows him to move items out of reach, among other things. You can move nearly everything that can move, and some things that can't, not just cubes. He can also teleport two blocks to the left or right. He can't teleport into objects, but he can go through stuff. Both of these moves can be blocked by specially made custom enemies, with examples in the tutorial map. Teleportation is also blocked by doors. This took a lot of time and even a new enemy breakthrough to get him to his current state, so enjoy! As usual, please report any bugs to me, and feel free to provide feedback.

Also the tutorial map uses doors which are supposed to force close, which is bugged at the time of writing this, so there may be ways to cheat it by wedging doors open. This is not the intended solution to any of the puzzles.

• Telekinesis: Use
    • Move aura: Run + WASD
    • Move aura slowly: WASD (Lets you adjust your grip on held items)
    • Switch colors: Use (You can only carry things while pink)
    • Drop/Cancel: Tap space
    • Throw: WASD + Tap space while pink (Launches held items in the direction you're pressing, also breaks blocks)
    • Kill: Hold space while pink (Kills enemies, melts ice, and lights bob-ombs. Don't hold WASD)
  • Start Teleport: Up + Use
    • Teleport: Jump (while space is clear)
    • Cancel: Use
If you have questions, please read the entire post before contacting me
This is a custom character, not a mod, and the extracted folder with his files must be placed in your characters folder. They can then be selected from the options menu after a game restart. The mappack file included should be placed inside the mappack folder. For use with Alesan's Entities V13a and later versions only.

psychic mario.zip
I might update him later if I feel like it
I'm having a big issue with Psychic Mario because objects in the pink field are moving in the direction the pink field is moving relative to the pink field. For example, if I move the field left, the cube in the field goes left faster than the pink field, and falls out because of that.

Moving the field faster works quite well, so that's a workaround. I really like playing as him!

WilliamFrog

Post » 12 Dec 2020, 09:14

That's an intended result when moving the field slowly. It does that so you can shift something in your grip without having to drop it and pick it back up.

Meculus

Post » 15 Dec 2020, 20:14

Cool, thanks for letting me know!
Also, Is there a good guide on how to create custom characters?

WilliamFrog

Post » 20 Dec 2020, 03:05

Odyssey Mario V7 is out now if you're interested. This is only here so people get notifs.

kustick

Post » 22 Dec 2020, 17:36

WilliamFrog wrote:
Goodness that took a while...
ODYSSEY MARIO V7
wow,its cool

WilliamFrog

Post » 29 Dec 2020, 00:36

"It pays to be prepared" - Someone famous
Prepared Mario
Prepared Mario.gif
Prepared Mario.gif (9.69 MiB) Viewed 77065 times

So I've often talked about theoretical exploits you could do in maps if you could have any powerup anywhere, and that seemed like a cool idea, so I set about doing it. However, that's not very balanced, and I like balanced characters, so I decided I would make a character with an inventory system instead. This is the result. Working on him was super boring, I basically just did the same thing 17 times in a row, but it could've been worse. He has an inventory with every powerup in the game available in limited quantities, which he can use whenever. His inventory is governed with animation numbers, so mappack animations can adjust his item counts. This gives him a ton of map potential. For example, you could let him buy items at a shop which he can save for later. He is not complete, this is pretty much a demo. I'm planning on adding more items, such as bombs, lights, crates, helmets, etc.

• Open Inventory - Up + Use
  • Close Inventory - Use
  • Drop Item - Jump
  • Navigate - Left/Right

For Alesan's Entities V13b and up. This is a custom character, not a mod, and the folder with the extracted files in it must be placed within your characters folder.
prepared mario.zip
(239.24 KiB) Downloaded 3788 times

Meculus

Post » 01 Jan 2021, 23:08

WilliamFrog wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 00:36
Prepared Mario
Prepared Mario.gif

So I've often talked about theoretical exploits you could do in maps if you could have any powerup anywhere, and that seemed like a cool idea, so I set about doing it. However, that's not very balanced, and I like balanced characters, so I decided I would make a character with an inventory system instead. This is the result. Working on him was super boring, I basically just did the same thing 17 times in a row, but it could've been worse. He has an inventory with every powerup in the game available in limited quantities, which he can use whenever. His inventory is governed with animation numbers, so mappack animations can adjust his item counts. This gives him a ton of map potential. For example, you could let him buy items at a shop which he can save for later. He is not complete, this is pretty much a demo. I'm planning on adding more items, such as bombs, lights, crates, helmets, etc.

• Close Inventory - Use
  • Drop Item - Jump
  • Navigate - Left/Right

For Alesan's Entities V13b and up. This is a custom character, not a mod, and the folder with the extracted files in it must be placed within your characters folder.
prepared mario.zip

Prepared Mario doesn't work for me. I can open and close the menu with use+up and use, but if I try to drop an item with jump, the menu closes, no item is dropped, and the menu doesn't work anymore.

WilliamFrog

Post » 02 Jan 2021, 21:11

I redownloaded it and it seems to work for me. Maybe there was an issue when you downloaded/extracted it?

Meculus

Post » 03 Jan 2021, 05:20

WilliamFrog wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 21:11
I redownloaded it and it seems to work for me. Maybe there was an issue when you downloaded/extracted it?
It still doesn't work for me.

Kant

Post » 09 Jan 2021, 14:35

Meculus wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 23:08
WilliamFrog wrote:
Prepared Mario
Prepared Mario.gif

• Close Inventory - Use
  • Drop Item - Jump
  • Navigate - Left/Right

prepared mario.zip

Prepared Mario doesn't work for me. I can open and close the menu with use+up and use, but if I try to drop an item with jump, the menu closes, no item is dropped, and the menu doesn't work anymore.
Check in another mappack, that happened to me too, its so weird

Droidzeetka14

Post » 12 Jan 2021, 01:52

Cursed drip

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYGSJGzccB4[/yt]

moves
double jump
ground pound
little drip (use)
cursed drip.zip
(102.55 KiB) Downloaded 965 times

Britdan

Post » 24 Jan 2021, 22:29

Pi- Pip0n???
ohhh.png
ohhh.png (367.72 KiB) Viewed 76013 times

Pip0n has made his way into mari0 somehow. Pip0n may be a little less mobile but has some additional moves to help you through the levels you will face.

V1.5 adds custom colors that even work with enemies, don't ask me how i did it, not even i know.

Controls

Jump while jumping - Double Jump (that's it)
Down while jumping - Boost (will launch pip0n upwards)
Hold Run + Down while on the floor - Retract (Pip0n will go into the ground)
Left/Right while underground - Move (move while in the ground)
Up while underground - Emerge (Will only happen if their are no blocks above you)
Use while on the floor - Spawn head (can damage enemies, lasts 10 seconds)

Special Thanks to WilliamFrog for helping with some parts and finding some bugs.

Enjoy!

PIP0N Download (V1.5): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e0mmcccskh9h ... imF4a?dl=0
PIP0N Download (OLD): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gdvatdvztttt ... VfAEa?dl=0

boost.gif
boost.gif (335.58 KiB) Viewed 76013 times
dig.gif
dig.gif (74.14 KiB) Viewed 76013 times
head.gif
head.gif (167.6 KiB) Viewed 76013 times
Last edited by Britdan on 17 Feb 2021, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.

WilliamFrog

Post » 04 Feb 2021, 23:39

Not quite like in Terraria...
Grapple Mario
Grapple Mario ShowcaseB.gif
Grapple Mario ShowcaseB.gif (8.34 MiB) Viewed 74647 times
So recently I decided to make Mario with a grapple hook, so I did. He can grapple directly towards objects, and also swing on them. It even works with moving objects! The hook and chain are colorable via the characters menu. Please do not critique the swinging physics, there's only so much I can do. If you get an unusually fast launch while swinging, your framerate probably fluxuated. This is miles more complicated than it looks on the surface, and it uses extremely complex techniques to accomplish what should really be simple tasks (eg. taking a square root). I'm pretty happy with the result though. As usual, report any major bugs that you may find. Do not use in multiplayer because it won't work.
V1

- Added to the internet
V1.1

- Patched some bugs related to things you've grappled going away
V1.2

- Fixed teleporting leftwards when you grapple near the floor
  • Throw hook - Use
  • Swing - Hold Use while grappled - Doesn't work underwater
  • Retract - Don't hold Use while grappled
  • Release hook - Jump

Please read the whole post before asking me questions
For Alesan's Entities V13B and up. This is a custom character, not a mod, and they must be unzipped and placed in your characters folder to work. They can then be selected from the options menu in game.
grapple mario.zip
(44.84 KiB) Downloaded 3345 times
I also made a tall version in case you like judging people by height
tall grapple mario.zip
(57.86 KiB) Downloaded 1737 times
Credit to BetterDonutGamer for the hook and chain sprites

SuperLarryTanner

Post » 10 Feb 2021, 21:59

heyo, i want to update felipe character in mari0 ae, but first: how do i make him not able to jump? moveset is: crush: felipe has to use down + b to crush an enemy with his hand. teleport: felipe has to use up + b to teleport to random positions. that is all.

Qwerbey

Post » 11 Feb 2021, 20:11

Set the character's jumpforce to 0

SuperLarryTanner

Post » 11 Feb 2021, 20:16

Qwerbey wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 20:11
Set the character's jumpforce to 0
ok how can he also teleport?

Qwerbey

Post » 11 Feb 2021, 20:32

Custom enemies

Drachenbauer

Post » 25 Feb 2021, 18:09

As i looked into the files of some of theese characters, sometimes i found one, that looked a bit messy:
Ones, they are made out of the character-template and use "defaultsize" to stay in one size, no matter, wich powerup they collect.
In this case, you can delete all spritesets exept the ones for small and the choosen default size.
and in the config.json you can delete the graphic-property sets for theese unused sizes and their color-properties.

I also like all grapic-property-sets in this order:

"smalloffsetX": 6,
    "smalloffsetY": 4,
    "smallquadcenterX": 16,
    "smallquadcenterY": 16,
    "smallquadwidth": 32,
    "smallquadheight": 32,
    "smallimgwidth": 512,
    "smallimgheight": 32,
In the character-template and the buildin characters, some of them are a bit scrambled.
I think, the template looks better, if they are all ordered like shown.

if you use:

"hats": false,
    "defaulthat": 0,
you can remove all the hat-offset-properties from your config.json, because they are not needed in this case.

And i saw animation graphics, where the portal-gun aiming spritesets are removed, but the hight of the graphic was still as tall as for five rows of sprites.
if you want to use only one spriteset in your graphic, you can match the hight of the grapkic to the hight of your sprites.

Another tip.
People on the discord server told, if you give your character a health-bar by setting a number in:

"health":
and it should stay small as default, it´s a good choice to add:

"defaultsize": 1,
They say, if an animation changes the character-size, with this line, it will turn back to small after short time.

babah-portal

Post » 29 Mar 2021, 16:46

Kant wrote:
09 Jan 2021, 14:35
Meculus wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 23:08
WilliamFrog wrote:
Prepared Mario
Prepared Mario.gif

• Close Inventory - Use
  • Drop Item - Jump
  • Navigate - Left/Right

prepared mario.zip

Check in another mappack, that happened to me too, its so weird
i have samilar problem i can open invetoty but i cannot drop items and cannot close inventory

SomeHatWearingKid

Post » 09 Apr 2021, 01:44

WilliamFrog wrote:
ODYSSEY MARIO V7
How do you enable/disable moves, I never saw any previous versions

Ormalawayo

Post » 17 Apr 2021, 16:40

TheBraveSackboy wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 02:23
Astro
From Astro's Playroom/Astro Bot: Rescue Mission

astroshowcase.gif

This is Astro. Astro goes around and saves tiny robots. Now he's flinging himself using portals and fighting turtles.
  • Punch - Press the run button, makes Astro punch
  • Spin - Hold run and press Use. Makes Astro use his spin attack, specifically from Astro's Playroom.
  • Hover - Hold Up while holding down jump to hover. Stop holding Up to stop hovering. Simple.
Have fun with Astro or something, idk.
Also, go play the Astro games if you have a PS5/PSVR. They're great.

Download:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nished.zip
It wont let me hover

SanamShams83

Post » 18 Apr 2021, 08:12

Bromaster wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 19:38
Evan.F wrote:
03 Aug 2019, 09:35
animations.pngAND HERE HE IS!!!biganimations.pngcapeanimations.pnghammeranimations.pngraccoonanimations.png. The lui (skinny) and tanooki will be released on the next comment. use any old character config.txt for them (if you can add make it change colours in ways that seem alright, as I can't get colour changes to work properly
Looks awesome.
But, what about a config file?
I'm on it!

WilliamFrog

Post » 19 Apr 2021, 23:14

Do you realize that those messages are from 2 years ago?

SanamShams83

Post » 05 May 2021, 10:38

WilliamFrog wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 23:14
Do you realize that those messages are from 2 years ago?
yeah

SanamShams83

Post » 05 May 2021, 10:41

WilliamFrog wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 23:39
Not quite like in Terraria...
Grapple Mario
Grapple Mario ShowcaseB.gif
So recently I decided to make Mario with a grapple hook, so I did. He can grapple directly towards objects, and also swing on them. It even works with moving objects! The hook and chain are colorable via the characters menu. Please do not critique the swinging physics, there's only so much I can do. If you get an unusually fast launch while swinging, your framerate probably fluxuated. This is miles more complicated than it looks on the surface, and it uses extremely complex techniques to accomplish what should really be simple tasks (eg. taking a square root). I'm pretty happy with the result though. As usual, report any major bugs that you may find. Do not use in multiplayer because it won't work.
V1

- Added to the internet
V1.1

- Patched some bugs related to things you've grappled going away
V1.2

- Fixed teleporting leftwards when you grapple near the floor
  • Throw hook - Use
  • Swing - Hold Use while grappled - Doesn't work underwater
  • Retract - Don't hold Use while grappled
  • Release hook - Jump

Please read the whole post before asking me questions
For Alesan's Entities V13B and up. This is a custom character, not a mod, and they must be unzipped and placed in your characters folder to work. They can then be selected from the options menu in game.
grapple mario.zip
I also made a tall version in case you like judging people by height
tall grapple mario.zip
Credit to BetterDonutGamer for the hook and chain sprites
Weird moment: YOU CAN CLIP THROUGH SEMI-SOLID TILES ALSO????!!!!

Ormalawayo

Post » 06 May 2021, 23:10

TheSkullCreeper! wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 20:43
Modern Recolor Character Pack [V1]
Includes Mario, Luigi and Customizable.
modern-recolor-character-pack.zip

Toad is planned, not sure about Toadette though.
Can I use Luigi sprites for a placeholder for a buddy entity I’m trying to make for AE? Also, any ideas of what Mario’s partner should look like?

WilliamFrog

Post » 11 May 2021, 05:20

Swinging through semisolids is an intended feature

SankeySMM2

Post » 11 May 2021, 07:43

WilliamFrog wrote:
11 May 2021, 05:20
Swinging through semisolids is an intended feature
My mom understands it now. That's a cool character but if I download it, all my cousins and siblings will make me delete all my new characters! I'll download it personally for me. Nice character, WilliamFrog. :)

thelonelysoul

Post » 12 May 2021, 19:27

forget that.
new question: how do you make a fully functioning character, with power-ups, WITHOUT the portal gun sprites?

Edit: still don't know, but there is this: toad, and toad, and toad, and toad
Yeah, just recolored, modern-ish toads. because why not
file:
toads.zip
(774.38 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
note: All of the graphics are form ae, I just recolored them.
And, all of them use the same spritesheets, so have at it.

ZTStyle

Post » 06 Jun 2021, 15:54

Hello, I would like to showcase two characters I created.

Layla

This space-travelling girl is flying in from the obscure Famicom game Layla, and she's bringing some of her weapons with her.

Controls:
Run - Shoot
Run + Up - Throw grenade
Jump + Down - Super Jump

Scrooge McDuck

The world's richest duck, of DuckTales fame, is exploring the Mushroom Kingdom in search of new treasures.

Controls:
Run (in air) - Pogo Bounce

Download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Credits:
Layla prites ripped by xxdonthave1xx
Layla's explosion made by alesan99
Scrooge McDuck sprites ripped by Misterman, Silverbolt, JOBNED1, Sonicfan32, and superjustinbros
DuckTales sound effects ripped by J-Sinn

Ormalawayo

Post » 09 Jun 2021, 02:02

WilliamFrog wrote:
Prepared Mario
Prepared Mario.gif

• Close Inventory - Use
  • Drop Item - Jump
  • Navigate - Left/Right
  • Never gonna give you up

prepared mario.zip
It won't let me navigate

thelonelysoul

Post » 09 Jun 2021, 16:32

maybe someone can make a working peach for ae

WilliamFrog

Post » 02 Jul 2021, 06:05

Psychic Mario V3 is out. This is only here so people get notifs.

Meculus

Post » 19 Aug 2021, 16:17

WilliamFrog wrote:
ODYSSEY MARIO V7
When Mario dives and then goes straight into a roll, the game crashes and freezes up. Am I doing something wrong? I tested with a fresh download, and it still happened.

It turns out that this seems to happen any time I try and roll while moving.

MinDC

Post » 20 Aug 2021, 00:44

I have the same problem too

SankeySMM2

Post » 21 Aug 2021, 22:33

mario arcade.rar
attachment
(66.35 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
use for small mario
use for small mario
animations.png (6.72 KiB) Viewed 67491 times
use for super, hammer, frog and skinny mario
use for super, hammer, frog and skinny mario
biganimations.png (14.91 KiB) Viewed 67491 times
use for tiny mario
use for tiny mario
tinyanimations.png (1.61 KiB) Viewed 67491 times

{
	"colors": [
		[255,61,61],
		[64,64,255],
		[255,216,160]
		],
	"defaultcolors": [
		[[255,61,61],
		[64,64,255],
		[255,216,160]],

[[255,61,61],
		[64,64,255],
		[255,216,160]],

[[255,61,61],
		[64,64,255],
		[255,216,160]],

[[255,61,61],
		[64,64,255],
		[255,216,160]]
		],
	"flowercolor": [[255,255,255], [255,61,61], [255,216,160]],
	"hammersuitcolor": [[255,255,255], [0,0,0], [255,216,160]],
	"frogsuitcolor": [[0,170,0], [0,0,0], [255,216,160]],
	"iceflowercolor": [[225,255,255], [60, 188, 252], [255,216,160]],
	"tanookisuitcolor": [[200,76,12], [0,0,0], [255,216,160]],
	"superballcolor": [[125,25,25], [50,10,10], [200,40,40]],

"smallducking": true,

"swimpushframes": 1,
	"smallduckingframes": 1,
	"fenceframes": 2,
	"fallframes": 1,

"smalloffsetY": 3,
	"smallquadcenterX": 11,
	"smallquadcenterY": 10,
	"smallquadwidth": 20,
	"smallquadheight": 20,
	"smallimgwidth": 400,
	"smallimgheight": 100,

"shrinkquadcenterX": 9,
	"shrinkquadcenterY": 32,
	"shrinkoffsetY": -3,
	"shrinkquadcenterY2": 16,

"growquadwidth": 20,
	"growquadheight": 24,
	"growquadcenterY": 16,
	"growquadcenterY2": 10,

"bigquadcenterY": 20,
	"bigquadcenterX": 9,
	"bigoffsetY": -3,
	"bigoffsetX": 6,
	"bigquadwidth": 20,
	"bigquadheight": 36,
	"bigimgwidth": 360,
	"bigimgheight": 180,

"duckquadcenterY": 26,
	"duckoffsetY": 3,

"hammerquadcenterY": 20,
	"hammerquadcenterX": 9,
	"hammeroffsetY": -3,
	"hammeroffsetX": 6,
	"hammerquadwidth": 20,
	"hammerquadheight": 36,
	"hammerimgwidth": 360,
	"hammerimgheight": 180,

"frogquadcenterY": 20,
	"frogquadcenterX": 9,
	"frogoffsetY": -3,
	"frogoffsetX": 6,
	"frogquadwidth": 20,
	"frogquadheight": 36,
	"frogimgwidth": 360,
	"frogimgheight": 180,

"hugeoffsetX": 18,
	"hugeoffsetY": -41,
	"hugequadcenterX": 9,
	"hugequadcenterY": 20,
	"hugeclassicoffsetX": 12,
	"hugeclassicoffsetY": -1,
	"hugeclassicquadcenterX": 11,
	"hugeclassicquadcenterY": 10,

"hugeclassicduckquadcenterY": 22,
	"hugeclassicduckoffsetY": 7,

"tinyoffsetX": 6,
	"tinyoffsetY": 3,
	"tinyquadcenterX": 11,
	"tinyquadcenterY": 10,
	"tinyquadwidth": 20,
	"tinyquadheight": 20,
	"tinyimgwidth": 400,
	"tinyimgheight": 100,

"hats": true,
	"defaulthat": 1,
	"hatoffsets": {
		"idle": [0,0],
		"running": [[0,0],[0,0],[-1,-1]],
		"sliding": [0,0],
		"jumping": [0,-1],
		"falling": [0,0],
		"climbing": [[2,0],[2,-1]],
		"swimming": [[1,-1],[1,-1],[1,-1],[1,-1]],
		"grow": [-6,0]
	},

"bighatoffsets": {
		"idle": [-4,-2],
		"fire": [-5,-4],
		"running": [[-5,-4],[-4,-3],[-3,-2]],
		"sliding": [-5,-2],
		"jumping": [-4,-4],
		"falling": [-4,-2],
		"climbing": [[-4,-4],[-4,-4]],
		"swimming": [[-5,-4],[-5,-4],[-5,-4],[-5,-4]],
		"ducking": [-5,-12],
		"capefly": [[-10, -10], [-11, -15], [-10, -19], [-11, -21], [-9, -22], [-9, -24]],
	},

"skinnyhatoffsets": {
		"idle": [1,0],
		"running": [[2, -2],[1,-1],[3,0]],
		"sliding": [-1,-3],
		"jumping": [2,-2],
		"falling": [1,0],
		"climbing": [[2,0],[4,-2]],
		"swimming": [[0,0],[0,-1],[-2,-1],[0,-1]],
		"ducking": [1,-13]
	}
}

SankeySMM2

Post » 23 Aug 2021, 22:06

SankeySMM2 wrote:
21 Aug 2021, 22:33
mario arcade.rar
animations.pngbiganimations.pngtinyanimations.png

{
	"colors": [
		[255,61,61],
		[64,64,255],
		[255,216,160]
		],
	"defaultcolors": [
		[[255,61,61],
		[64,64,255],
		[255,216,160]],

[[255,61,61],
		[64,64,255],
		[255,216,160]],

[[255,61,61],
		[64,64,255],
		[255,216,160]],

[[255,61,61],
		[64,64,255],
		[255,216,160]]
		],
	"flowercolor": [[255,255,255], [255,61,61], [255,216,160]],
	"hammersuitcolor": [[255,255,255], [0,0,0], [255,216,160]],
	"frogsuitcolor": [[0,170,0], [0,0,0], [255,216,160]],
	"iceflowercolor": [[225,255,255], [60, 188, 252], [255,216,160]],
	"tanookisuitcolor": [[200,76,12], [0,0,0], [255,216,160]],
	"superballcolor": [[125,25,25], [50,10,10], [200,40,40]],

"smallducking": true,

"swimpushframes": 1,
	"smallduckingframes": 1,
	"fenceframes": 2,
	"fallframes": 1,

"smalloffsetY": 3,
	"smallquadcenterX": 11,
	"smallquadcenterY": 10,
	"smallquadwidth": 20,
	"smallquadheight": 20,
	"smallimgwidth": 400,
	"smallimgheight": 100,

"shrinkquadcenterX": 9,
	"shrinkquadcenterY": 32,
	"shrinkoffsetY": -3,
	"shrinkquadcenterY2": 16,

"growquadwidth": 20,
	"growquadheight": 24,
	"growquadcenterY": 16,
	"growquadcenterY2": 10,

"bigquadcenterY": 20,
	"bigquadcenterX": 9,
	"bigoffsetY": -3,
	"bigoffsetX": 6,
	"bigquadwidth": 20,
	"bigquadheight": 36,
	"bigimgwidth": 360,
	"bigimgheight": 180,

"duckquadcenterY": 26,
	"duckoffsetY": 3,

"hammerquadcenterY": 20,
	"hammerquadcenterX": 9,
	"hammeroffsetY": -3,
	"hammeroffsetX": 6,
	"hammerquadwidth": 20,
	"hammerquadheight": 36,
	"hammerimgwidth": 360,
	"hammerimgheight": 180,

"frogquadcenterY": 20,
	"frogquadcenterX": 9,
	"frogoffsetY": -3,
	"frogoffsetX": 6,
	"frogquadwidth": 20,
	"frogquadheight": 36,
	"frogimgwidth": 360,
	"frogimgheight": 180,

"hugeoffsetX": 18,
	"hugeoffsetY": -41,
	"hugequadcenterX": 9,
	"hugequadcenterY": 20,
	"hugeclassicoffsetX": 12,
	"hugeclassicoffsetY": -1,
	"hugeclassicquadcenterX": 11,
	"hugeclassicquadcenterY": 10,

"hugeclassicduckquadcenterY": 22,
	"hugeclassicduckoffsetY": 7,

"tinyoffsetX": 6,
	"tinyoffsetY": 3,
	"tinyquadcenterX": 11,
	"tinyquadcenterY": 10,
	"tinyquadwidth": 20,
	"tinyquadheight": 20,
	"tinyimgwidth": 400,
	"tinyimgheight": 100,

"hats": true,
	"defaulthat": 1,
	"hatoffsets": {
		"idle": [0,0],
		"running": [[0,0],[0,0],[-1,-1]],
		"sliding": [0,0],
		"jumping": [0,-1],
		"falling": [0,0],
		"climbing": [[2,0],[2,-1]],
		"swimming": [[1,-1],[1,-1],[1,-1],[1,-1]],
	},

"bighatoffsets": {
		"idle": [-4,-2],
		"fire": [-5,-4],
		"running": [[-5,-4],[-4,-3],[-3,-2]],
		"sliding": [-5,-2],
		"jumping": [-4,-4],
		"falling": [-4,-2],
		"climbing": [[-4,-4],[-4,-4]],
		"swimming": [[-5,-4],[-5,-4],[-5,-4],[-5,-4]],
		"ducking": [-5,-12],
		"capefly": [[-10, -10], [-11, -15], [-10, -19], [-11, -21], [-9, -22], [-9, -24]],
	},

"skinnyhatoffsets": {
		"idle": [1,0],
		"running": [[2, -2],[1,-1],[3,0]],
		"sliding": [-1,-3],
		"jumping": [2,-2],
		"falling": [1,0],
		"climbing": [[2,0],[4,-2]],
		"swimming": [[0,0],[0,-1],[-2,-1],[0,-1]],
		"ducking": [1,-13]
	}
}
The super, frog, hammer and skinny climbing spriteworks are currently in progress, as well as the hat. Will released finished version soon!

Meculus

Post » 25 Aug 2021, 07:10

WilliamFrog wrote:
Use the Force, Mario...
Psychic Mario V3
This is really cool!
Would it be possible to be able to freeze the object you're holding with telekenisis?

WilliamFrog

Post » 28 Aug 2021, 20:57

Meculus wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 07:10
WilliamFrog wrote:
Use the Force, Mario...
Psychic Mario V3
This is really cool!
Would it be possible to be able to freeze the object you're holding with telekenisis?
I specifically made it so you can't do that, so you can't fly too easily by freezing things in midair

WilliamFrog

Post » 28 Aug 2021, 20:58

Meculus wrote:
19 Aug 2021, 16:17
WilliamFrog wrote:
ODYSSEY MARIO V7
When Mario dives and then goes straight into a roll, the game crashes and freezes up. Am I doing something wrong? I tested with a fresh download, and it still happened.

It turns out that this seems to happen any time I try and roll while moving.
I have already addressed this on the forum post, please read through it again.

MinDC

Post » 31 Aug 2021, 12:30

I wrote:
20 Aug 2021, 00:44
I have the same problem too
Sorry for the last time.
BTW, I report a bug (this is happen while I try to ledge grab a seesaw) (ODYSSEY MARIO V7)
Screenshot 2021-08-31 170819.jpg
Screenshot 2021-08-31 170819.jpg (141.42 KiB) Viewed 67099 times

0 Tolerance X

Post » 03 Oct 2021, 15:57

Crate Mario.zip
(222.45 KiB) Downloaded 679 times
A character I have been working on who has 3 attacks that are all crates of different ablilities. which are controlled via animations
Normal crate enabled: up + use
Red Crate enabled: up + run
Blue Crate enabled: up + reload

I forgot to credit theskullcreeper for the modern Mario “customizable” modern Mario sprites.

I will add an update as soon as I find out how to make a certain enemy trigger a transformation into another enemy.
Last edited by 0 Tolerance X on 29 Oct 2021, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.