Mari0 Alesan99's Entities Character Thread

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
Kant

Post » 02 Aug 2020, 05:49

WilliamFrog wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 02:41
Kant wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 02:16
mushroomcharactershowcase.gif

mushroomchar.zip

Mushroom character!

Powers!
Reintroducing...
Mushroom

New Mushroom Demonstration.gif
(The gif has Odyssey Mario written as the name instead of Mushroom, idk why.)

Credit to Kant for the original character. This was posted with their permission I didn't steal it.

I actually made improved this character before Odyssey Mario V1, and the experience I got from it was vital to the creation of the latter. I'm posting it later because I wanted to contact Kan...
Guy, you are amazing! nice job! now my char isn't op xD

SubPixuru

Post » 02 Aug 2020, 11:14

wow new page!

WilliamFrog

Post » 04 Aug 2020, 04:17

Odyssey Archives

This is where the old versions of Odyssey Mario go to die. There's really no reason to download these but it'll stop people from begging for old versions. There is no guarantee that these still work as they originally did, quite likely they have been broken by updates.

This sucks don't download
odyssey mario V1.zip
(43.24 KiB) Downloaded 1098 times
V1 got 36 downloads

This sucks less but V3 is better
odyssey mario V2.zip
(49.84 KiB) Downloaded 614 times
V2 got 12 downloads

This still sucks but V3.1 isn't quite as bad
odyssey mario V3.zip
(68.14 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
V3 got 2 downloads but it was up for only half an hour

This also sucks, but infinitesimally less than V3. You should only be here if you wanna play the test areas authentically.
odyssey mario v3.1.zip
(64.75 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
V3.1 got 36 downloads, same as V1.

This version doesn't suck! I still reccomend V5 over this though
odyssey mario v4.zip
(103.17 KiB) Downloaded 2252 times
V4 got 49 downloads, a new record!
Last edited by WilliamFrog on 10 Jun 2021, 04:26, edited 10 times in total.

WilliamFrog

Post » 04 Aug 2020, 06:24

Odyssey Archives Cont.

This is where the more recent outdated versions of Odyssey Mario go to die

This version isn't too sucky at all, but the latest version is still better and you should go get it
odyssey mario v5.zip
(152.78 KiB) Downloaded 767 times
V5 got a whopping 118 downloads, by far the most yet. Yay!

This is the second-best version yet, but the wall jumps are really annoying
odyssey mario v6.zip
(311.2 KiB) Downloaded 1877 times
V6 got 3732 downloads, and I have no words for that.
Last edited by WilliamFrog on 20 Dec 2020, 02:55, edited 3 times in total.

WilliamFrog

Post » 06 Aug 2020, 20:21

They said it couldn't be done...
(Captain) Viridian
Viridian teaser.gif
Viridian teaser.gif (83.97 KiB) Viewed 140172 times
VVVVVV seems to be pretty popular but nobody had made a functional character that flips gravity yet. People said it was impossible, so I threw this together in a couple hours to prove them wrong.

They work like you'd expect them to, press space to flip gravity, again to flip back. You can't flip in midair. Also, falling up won't kill you, but it WILL kill your frames, so be careful. They're also portal-compatible so that's cool. If you're holding something, you can't flip gravity, and will instead jump normally. Viridian also can't swim at all, and controls the same underwater.

Captain Viridian.zip
(9.38 KiB) Downloaded 1671 times

Sirfloofy

Post » 06 Aug 2020, 23:07

how do you use as the skins? i cant figure it out im on windows 7

NH1507

Post » 07 Aug 2020, 21:30

Sirfloofy wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 23:07
how do you use as the skins? i cant figure it out im on windows 7
Download the skin, and extract the .zip into your characters folder. You said you're on Windows 7 so the path should be..

Code: Select all

"C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\mari0\alesans_entities\characters\"
..if you're using the .exe version of Mari0 AE, and if you're using the .love version it is

"C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\LOVE\mari0\alesans_entities\characters\"
Alternatively, you are also able to go to Options > Skins in-game and press "M" to open your characters folder.
Copy the folder into that directory, and your character should work.
If it doesn't, make sure everything is correct;
make sure config.json is in the character's folder, and the folder for your character isn't inside another folder. (The path should like "...\characters\<CHARACTER>\<FILES HERE>")

I hope this helps!

WilliamFrog

Post » 10 Aug 2020, 05:52

Odyssey Mario V4 is out now if you're interested. This is only here so people get notifs.

Marlee_Goat

Post » 10 Aug 2020, 23:12

baba
it's baba.
from baba is you
download newest version (v1.2): https://www.mediafire.com/file/2ja0n4qeheaz2hf/file

controls
-Defeat. Press UP and RUN to use. Kills enemies that touch the block. Lasts 1 and a half seconds before disappearing.
-Push. Press DOWN and RUN to use. Freezes enemies in an ice block so they can be pushed. Also lasts 1 and a half seconds.
-More. Press LEFT and USE to summon cloned Babas to the left. Press RIGHT and USE to summon cloned Babas to the right. More summons 4 extra Babas in a direction of your choice that will ram into enemies and poof away after 3 seconds. They will also poof away after running into a wall. If there isn't 4 Babas currently loaded, more will spawn.

enjoy baba

Bromaster
PERMABANNED

Post » 18 Aug 2020, 02:25

why is baba kinda great

Qwerbey

Post » 18 Aug 2020, 06:34

Because ImageImageImage
Last edited by Qwerbey on 19 Aug 2020, 05:05, edited 1 time in total.

Bromaster
PERMABANNED

Post » 19 Aug 2020, 03:04

the images are broken.

WilliamFrog

Post » 25 Aug 2020, 00:13

Odyssey Mario V5 is out now if you're interested. This is only here so people get notifs.

NH1507

Post » 25 Aug 2020, 00:25

Bromaster wrote:
19 Aug 2020, 03:04
the images are broken.
I'm aware.
WilliamFrog wrote:
25 Aug 2020, 00:13
Odyssey Mario V5 is out now if you're interested.
Your odyssey mario is probably the most amazing Mari0 character I've seen! I don't really know what else to say except it's totally awesome

LoogyiGame

Post » 25 Aug 2020, 04:24

WilliamFrog wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 02:05
Finally speedrun friendly...
ODYSSEY MARIO V5
Odyssey Mario Preview V4.gif
New gif is no longer new :(
a smoother stiffer.gif
Odyssey Mario Preview.gif
Grounded Cap Jump.gif

WOOO V5 is out at last! This update wasn't quick but it may be the single biggest improvement yet. Alseman finally added division and absolute values, so I was able to fix several of the unfixable bugs that plagued previous versions, such as the long jump speed. You can now actually do speedruns at a legimate pace! Also comes a record number of new moves, with five from SMO and one original. Finally all the jumps from SMO have been added to OM. The only move left is rolling. Coming soon...? Also, Odyssey Mario is a bit less athletic in general. You could jump way too high and way too far. OM needs to require skill to play, but not be too op in skilled hands. I STILL did not fix swimming. Also, with a new update, comes a new test area! There are 5 now. I compiled them into a full mappack for ease of use. Anyone who beats them all deserves an award because they do NOT kid around. This new one is much kinder though.

V2

- Reworked wall jumping, it works better now. The height has been nerfed a bit though.
- You can wall jump off of EVERYTHING now, including entities. No more clipping! (yay!)
- No more wall jumping backwards through walls
- You slide less while ground pounding
- Tweaked diving
- You can now land dives on entities. No more sliding!
- You can also bonk on entities now, with both long jumps and dives
- Midair cap jump now refreshes when you land on semisolids, entities... EVERYTHING. 
- You can die to spiked ceilings while long jumping (yay?)
- Dynamic Cappy throw speeds! You throw farther when you're moving faster, so you can land a
  cap dive at any speed.
- Fixed some moves that might have been affected by framerate. Now they aren't.
- Grounded Cap jumps! Up, then touch cap, then jump. Gif included.
- Ground Pounds reworked
- You can no longer sit forever after ground pounding. Sorry nsmb fans.
- No more annoying sitting noises. Also no more extracting huge amounts of coins from
  blocks with Ground Pounds.
- Ground Pound Jumps also reworked. You can Ground Pound Jump on EVERYTHING now!
- Fixed the cap spin animations
- Bonking can now theoretically break bricks. It doesn't usually work but it's not a big deal
- I broke long jumps then fixed them again
- Made another test zone
V3

- All the jumps work on all surfaces now. (Epic YaY!)
- Return cap jumps aren't janky anymore! Inputs changed to be like Long Jumps
- Up and down throws! Including cappy rolling, but it could use some tweaking.
- Press up to do Cappy Bounces without diving
- Fixed the backflip!
- Ledge Grabs! Same control as wall sliding, but at the top of a wall. Mario can ledge grab all blocks and some
entities. I'll try and fix it next update.
- Normal jump height increased a bit
- Death animation! Credit to PixelMarioXP for the sprite I modified.
- This changelog is awful. I did more than this but idr what
V3.1

-Changed the options screen sprites, patched a bug
V4

- Fixed the Grounded Cap Jump.
- Fixed everything else V3 broke
- Buffering wall slides no longer makes you come off the wall.
- Cappy stays out a bit longer
- Ledge grabs work on entities now, and are more consistent
- Ledge grab jumps are higher so you can always get up onto the platform
- At long last fixed Cappy collision... I hope
- Triple Jumps! (yay!) Work on all surfaces
- New jump: the Betaflip! Mostly for comedic purposes
- Long Jump keybind adjusted to accommodate new Triple Jumps
- Readjusted some of the jump heights to closer match SMO
- New wall slide sprites made by Megabound
- New Long Jump animation made by me (it's better than nothing)
- Ground Pounds are faster.
- Cancelling Ground Pounds is now friendlier
- You now face the correct direction while Ground Pounding
- You can drop off walls now, press use.
- You can also cancel wall slides into cap throws
- Tweaked Cappy returning, now looks smoother at longer distances
- Mario accelerates a bit faster, but he's still slower than normal Mario
- Several internal adjustments
V5

- Fixed endlag after diving (yay.)
- Dives are smoother now, and the hitboxes are friendlier
- Cap jumps are smoother now
- Fixed Triple Jumps becoming Double Jumps when they shouldn't
- Reduced the friction
- Fixed the vanishing Cappy bug I hope
- Slight improvements to the Cappy throw system
- Adjusted several existing moves...
	- QOL improvements to Triple/Double Jumps
	- Dives are faster but lower
	- Cappy Throws are shorter to adjust for the above
	- Long Jumps have natural speed gain now (yay)
	- Backflips take you backwards now
	- Diveless cap jumps are now balanced
	- Cappy Rolls work great now
	- Ledge Grabs play a bit nicer with slabs
	- You can now do instant wall jumps and ledge jumps
	- You can die to spiked ceilings while long jumping (I swear I fixed this in V2)
	- Kicks now stale when used multiple times
- You can't climb as high or jump as far as before.
- New Moves!
	- Spinning
	- Spin Jumps
	- Spin Pounds
	- Spin Throws
	- Side Flips
	- Rolling Cap Dives
- New animations for up and down throws
- Fixed a bunch of other bugs and inconvieniences

Odyssey Mario is meant to semi-accurately recreate the movement system from Super Mario Odyssey, a game I have never played.

It's far from perfect but I'll be updating it with more tweaks and fixes in the future.

Above all, Odyssey Mario is made to be fun to play as. I would greatly appreciate if you provide feedback and report any mishaps you may encounter so I can correct them in the next version.
Controls
Moves with multiple inputs require the buttons to be held sequentially without letting up until the move is preformed.
  • Throw Cappy: Left/Right + Use
  • Up Throw: Up + Use
  • Down Throw: Use + Down. Notice how the input is reversed. If Cappy hits the ground he'll roll for extra distance.
  • Ground Pound: Down in midair. Breaks blocks and kills enemies.
  • Dive: Ground Pound then Use. You dive the direction Mario is facing when you started the ground pound.
  • You can do aerial cap jumps by diving onto Cappy, or pressing up right before you touch them.
  • You can do rolling cap jumps by diving onto Cappy while they roll. This has a different cooldown than aerial cap jumps.
  • Kick: Press Up right after Cappy returns. Stalls you like a cap throw would but better, but they stale when used multiple times
  • Wall Slide: Left/Right + Jump when next to a wall. If you slide into a ledge you'll grab it.
  • Ledge Grab: Left/Right + Jump by a ledge, or slide onto it. Press Jump to jump up, Run to low jump up, or Use to drop down
  • Wall Jump: Wall Slide + Jump/Run. You can still cap jump after a wall jump.
  • Ground Pound Jump: Ground Pound + Jump (on the ground). Third highest jump, at about 5.2 blocks.
  • Return Cap Jump: Up then Jump right after Cappy returns. Exactly 5 blocks but you can keep your speed
  • Grounded Cap Jump: Refer to GIF. About 5.1 blocks, you can keep your speed.
  • Regular Jump: Press Jump. Odyssey Mario's jump is always 4 blocks, it doesn't matter how fast he's running.
  • Long Jump: Up + Run (moving on the ground). Mario jumps 2.5 blocks, but gets a speed boost from it and falls a bit slower. Can be cancelled into a cap throw.
  • Side Flip: Brake + Up + Jump. Takes you backwards and is pretty quick, but not especially high. You need to be moving at a threshold speed.
  • Betaflip: Up + Run (not moving on the ground). Takes you backwards with no control. A little higher than a backflip
  • Backflip: Up + Jump (while not moving on the ground), Mario jumps just over 5 blocks backwards. Can't reach 7 block ledges.
  • Double Jump: Up + Jump right after landing. About 4.5 blocks.
  • Triple Jump: Up + Jump after landing a Double Jump. You must be near max speed. At 6 blocks, this is the highest jump.
  • Spin: Left + Right + Up (on the ground). Sorry controller users ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Also breaks blocks.
  • Spin Throw: Use while spinning, or Up Throw + Run. The second input must be done very fast, but not all at once. Spin Throws can penetrate walls but have less range.
  • Spin Jump: Jump while spinning. You can steer in midair while Spin Jumping, and you fall really slowly. At about 5.6 blocks, this is the second-highest jump, but it's slow. Can be cancelled into Cap Throws and by pressing Jump. Don't have both left and right pressed while steering at any time or you might lose control until you release both. Take caution to let up both while turning.
  • Spin Pound: Run while Spin Jumping. Has no build-up, unlike normal Ground Pounds, and breaks single columns of bricks faster, but double columns slower. You can still Ground Pound Jump after a Spin Pound.
  • Bonk: Long Jump or Dive into a wall. Mario flips upside down while bonking.
Tips & Notes
  • Cappy hits blocks and kills enemies. No capturing sadly. All throws carry your momentum. If Cappy hits the ground he can roll for extra distance.
  • Ground Pounds can be cancelled by jumping.
  • You can't bounce off enemies while diving, I had to remove it because it broke everything.
  • Diving before a jump can help you get a lot more distance with little space.
  • Kicks play a tail whip sound when preformed.
  • Idk why you can't Cap Jump after a Wall Jump in Mario Odyssey, it seems kinda silly. You can't Wall Jump out of a ledge grab.
  • You can do instant Wall Jumps and ledge jumps by pressing Run and at the same time as you ledge grab/wall slide
  • It helps to wait an instant after Cappy returns before Cap Return Jumping. It's lower than most jumps, at 5 blocks, but you get to keep your run speed while doing it so you can jump really far, especially if you dive. This plays a cape sound if done correctly
  • Normal jumps don't increase with speed for balance reasons. I increased the height by a bit in V3 though.
  • If you have a higher runspeed you can Long Jump even farther. Try doing a long jump after a dive.
Known Bugs
  • A few moves pass through red see-saws. This is very minor.
Planned Features
  • Rolling
    • This is the only SMO move left. There's a good chance of it being in the next version, but it might not work like you expect.
  • Fixing Swimming
    • Swimming currently sucks, but I might try and fix it next update, again, again, again, again, at least in risingwater
  • Custom Star Colors
    • Because right now it's still not very pretty
  • Feel free to suggest any features you'd like to see so I can consider them
Features I Don't Plan on Adding
  • Capturing
    • This would be cool but also not plausible with custom enemies
I want this project to turn out the best it can be, which is why I am open to feedback. Please pm me or reply to the thread with any suggestions. I'd love it if someone could help me with:
  • Custom Sound Effects, for any moves really
  • Sprites/Animations, for bonking, midair kicks, and Cappy.
If you'd like to help with these, please pm me about it.

Also included in the download is a test mappack. Beating it will take a ton of skill because they're meant to test the absolute limits of the character. It's mostly simple platforming challenges.

For AE V13 (duh). You'll probably need to redownload V13 for this char to work, even if you think you have the latest version. Extract the file into the characters folder then open the game, then select him in the characters menu. Odyssey Mario is not meant to wear hats, but if he seems to have an extra hat on top of his face, go back to the characters menu and set default Mario's hat to 0, which should fix it. Also don't change the colors plz.

Thanks to Alesnam's lacking update notifications, he released an update that broke everything without notifying anyone. If you were having any issues with OM V5, please redownload it and AE V13 and try again, because I think I've fixed it.

Read the entire post before asking me anything, your question is probably answered somewhere.

Old versions can be found in the Odyssey Archive on the next page
odyssey mario v5.zip
This took quite some time please download it
Credit to PixelMarioXP for the death sprite I modified, and Megabound for the wall slide sprites
Wow thats great imma try it out right now!

Britdan

Post » 27 Aug 2020, 21:02

Clockwind clock V2 coming out soon...

GIF 27-08-2020 20-00-45.gif
GIF 27-08-2020 20-00-45.gif (2.54 MiB) Viewed 139844 times

Bromaster
PERMABANNED

Post » 27 Aug 2020, 21:40

only if something like stopping time could work

Britdan

Post » 28 Aug 2020, 10:54

Bromaster
PERMABANNED

Post » 28 Aug 2020, 16:30

clock for smash

TheSkullCreeper!

Post » 31 Aug 2020, 03:01

Modern Mario Custom Character has been updated to Version 2. This is just here so people get notified.

Bromaster
PERMABANNED

Post » 31 Aug 2020, 05:03

cool

TheSkullCreeper!

Post » 02 Sep 2020, 18:34

Modern Mario v2.1 is out now!

WilliamFrog

Post » 04 Sep 2020, 21:34

CLOCKWIND CLOCK "WISE" (V3)
Sprites by alesan99

thumb.png
thumb.png (64.19 KiB) Viewed 139672 times

Aid0n created the original Clockwise Clock character a while ago, but I saw some ways it could be improved, so I made some updates to it. As before, he has pretty poor stats, but has abilities to help him navigate tricky situations.

MOVES

BOMB - hold run + press up

SEED - hold run + press down

CAR - hold run + press use

BANDIT (HOLDING BOMB) - hold use + press up

BANDIT (HOLDING SEED) - hold use + press down

TIME FREEZE - hold use + press run
Time_Stop.gif
Time_Stop.gif (171.59 KiB) Viewed 139672 times
Seed Bandit.gif
Seed Bandit.gif (263.31 KiB) Viewed 139672 times
Not clipping.gif
Not clipping.gif (452.24 KiB) Viewed 139672 times
clockwind clock v3.zip
(38.2 KiB) Downloaded 1586 times

Bromaster
PERMABANNED

Post » 05 Sep 2020, 02:32

za warudo

TheSkullCreeper!

Post » 05 Sep 2020, 19:02

Modern Mario V3 is out!

HansAgain

Post » 11 Sep 2020, 05:12

This one marion is very playable at the moment, so i thought why not just share it with you:
I lacks a couple of the ton of power-ups AE adds, but the basic ones (and flowers) are alright.

Bromaster
PERMABANNED

Post » 11 Sep 2020, 15:49

Can someone help me? I keep getting an error that i need a comma or '[', but im not sure why.
The code that's getting the error is around the Flower Color.

{
	"name": "Atari",

"colorables": [
		"hat",
           "unused"	],
	"colors": [
		[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]
		],
	"defaultcolors": [
		[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],
	"flowercolor": [[252,216,168], [252,152,56]],
	"hammersuitcolor": [[0,0,0], [252,152,56]],
	"frogsuitcolor": [[0,168,0], [252,152,56]],
	"iceflowercolor": [[225,255,255], [252,152,56]],
	"tanookisuitcolor": [[200,76,12],[252,152,56]],
	"superballcolor": [[100,100,50], [230,230,180]],

"smallducking": false,
	"nopointing": true,

"swimpushframes": 1,
	"fenceframes": 2,
	"smallduckingframes": 1,

"smalloffsetX": 6,
	"smalloffsetY": 3,
	"smallquadcenterX": 11,
	"smallquadcenterY": 10,
	"smallquadwidth": 20,
	"smallquadheight": 20,
	"smallimgwidth": 380,
	"smallimgheight": 24,

"shrinkquadcenterX": 9,
	"shrinkquadcenterY": 32,
	"shrinkoffsetY": -3,
	"shrinkquadcenterY2": 16,

"growquadwidth": 20,
	"growquadheight": 24,
	"growquadcenterY": 16,
	"growquadcenterY2": 10,

"bigquadcenterY": 20,
	"bigquadcenterX": 9,
	"bigoffsetY": -3,
	"bigoffsetX": 6,
	"bigquadwidth": 20,
	"bigquadheight": 36,
	"bigimgwidth": 340,
	"bigimgheight": 36,

"duckquadcenterY": 26,
	"duckoffsetY": 3,

"hammerquadcenterY": 20,
	"hammerquadcenterX": 9,
	"hammeroffsetY": -3,
	"hammeroffsetX": 6,
	"hammerquadwidth": 20,
	"hammerquadheight": 36,
	"hammerimgwidth": 340,
	"hammerimgheight": 180,

"frogquadcenterY": 24,
	"frogquadcenterX": 9,
	"frogoffsetY": -1,
	"frogoffsetX": 6,
	"frogquadwidth": 20,
	"frogquadheight": 36,
	"frogimgwidth": 340,
	"frogimgheight": 180,

"raccoonquadcenterY": 20,
	"raccoonquadcenterX": 14,
	"raccoonoffsetY": -3,
	"raccoonoffsetX": 6,
	"raccoonquadwidth": 26,
	"raccoonquadheight": 36,
	"raccoonimgwidth": 754,
	"raccoonimgheight": 180,

"hugeoffsetX": 18,
	"hugeoffsetY": -41,
	"hugequadcenterX": 9,
	"hugequadcenterY": 20,
	"hugeclassicoffsetX": 12,
	"hugeclassicoffsetY": -1,
	"hugeclassicquadcenterX": 11,
	"hugeclassicquadcenterY": 10,

"hugeclassicduckquadcenterY": 22,
	"hugeclassicduckoffsetY": 7,

"capequadwidth": 34,
	"capequadheight": 36,
	"capeimgwidth": 984,
	"capeimgheight": 180,
	"capequadcenterY": 20,
	"capequadcenterX": 17,
	"capeoffsetY": -3,
	"capeoffsetX": 6,

"tinyoffsetX": 3,
	"tinyoffsetY": 4,
	"tinyquadcenterX": 5,
	"tinyquadcenterY": 6,
	"tinyquadwidth": 10,
	"tinyquadheight": 10,
	"tinyimgwidth": 190,
	"tinyimgheight": 50,

"shellquadcenterY": 20,
	"shellquadcenterX": 9,
	"shelloffsetY": -3,
	"shelloffsetX": 6,
	"shellquadwidth": 20,
	"shellquadheight": 36,
	"shellimgwidth": 400,
	"shellimgheight": 180,

"boomerangquadcenterY": 20,
	"boomerangquadcenterX": 9,
	"boomerangoffsetY": -3,
	"boomerangoffsetX": 6,
	"boomerangquadwidth": 20,
	"boomerangquadheight": 36,
	"boomerangimgwidth": 340,
	"boomerangimgheight": 180,

"hats": true,
	"defaulthat": 1,
	"hatoffsets": {
		"idle": [0,0],
		"running": [[0,0],[0,0],[-1,-1]],
		"sliding": [0,0],
		"jumping": [0,-1],
		"falling": [0,0],
		"climbing": [[2,0],[2,-1]],
		"swimming": [[1,-1],[1,-1],[1,-1],[1,-1]],
		"grow": [-6,0]
	},

"bighatoffsets": {
		"idle": [-4,-2],
		"fire": [-5,-4],
		"running": [[-5,-4],[-4,-3],[-3,-2]],
		"sliding": [-5,-2],
		"jumping": [-4,-4],
		"falling": [-4,-2],
		"climbing": [[-4,-4],[-4,-4]],
		"swimming": [[-5,-4],[-5,-4],[-5,-4],[-5,-4]],
		"ducking": [-5,-12],
		"capefly": [[-10, -10], [-11, -15], [-10, -19], [-11, -21], [-9, -22], [-9, -24]],
	},

"skinnyhatoffsets": {
		"idle": [1,0],
		"running": [[2, -2],[1,-1],[3,0]],
		"sliding": [-1,-3],
		"jumping": [2,-2],
		"falling": [1,0],
		"climbing": [[2,0],[4,-2]],
		"swimming": [[0,0],[0,-1],[-2,-1],[0,-1]],
		"ducking": [1,-13]
	}
}

NH1507

Post » 11 Sep 2020, 20:48

Bromaster wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 15:49
Can someone help me? I keep getting an error that i need a comma or '[', but im not sure why.

{

"hat",
           "unused"	],
		[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]
		],
		[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

},

"capefly": [[-10, -10], [-11, -15], [-10, -19], [-11, -21], [-9, -22], [-9, -24]],
	},

}
}
I haven't tested your character yet, but I think the error is that you need another "]" at the end of defaultcolors, like so:

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]]],
I could be wrong, but it's at least worth giving it a shot.

Bromaster
PERMABANNED

Post » 12 Sep 2020, 03:18

i grabbed a fire flower
turns out i was dumb and didn't set the skin color correctly

Qwerbey

Post » 12 Sep 2020, 07:51

That's why you should always indent your open and close brackets the same.

gustavocrazy55

Post » 15 Sep 2020, 02:48

HansAgain wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 05:12

This one marion is very playable at the moment, so i thought why not just share it with you:
I lacks a couple of the ton of power-ups AE adds, but the basic ones (and flowers) are alright.
hi bro, I was bored and I found your post with your base sprite and decided to expand it (basically to help you XD) and this is what I did so far, it took me a while, 5 hours I think, and I'm creating some custom powerup designs with this style
I hope you don't mind, and if I upload something, it will always be with your clear permission ;D

HansAgain

Post » 15 Sep 2020, 20:40

gustavocrazy55 wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 02:48
hi bro, I was bored and I found your post with your base sprite and decided to expand it (basically to help you XD) and this is what I did so far, it took me a while, 5 hours I think, and I'm creating some custom powerup designs with this style
I hope you don't mind, and if I upload something, it will always be with your clear permission ;D
Thanks, dude, althought personally i preffer working on this character by myself. I'm already working on some of these, i just haven't had time to finish the spritesheets (but again, i preffer doing that myself).

gustavocrazy55

Post » 15 Sep 2020, 21:30

HansAgain wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 20:40
gustavocrazy55 wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 02:48
Thanks, dude, althought personally i preffer working on this character by myself. I'm already working on some of these, i just haven't had time to finish the spritesheets (but again, i preffer doing that myself).
Ok bro, they were just some ideas in case you got stuck with the design of some power up, I hope you finish soon with the character, greetings ; P

Remy123

Post » 21 Sep 2020, 23:00

NH1507 wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 20:48
Bromaster wrote:
11 Sep 2020, 15:49

{

"hat",
           "unused"	],
		[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]
		],
		[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

},

},

}
}
I haven't tested your character yet, but I think the error is that you need another "]" at the end of defaultcolors, like so:

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
		[255,255,255]]],
I could be wrong, but it's at least worth giving it a shot.
in your fixed one there's an extra ] and it's like

[[156,32,32],
			[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
			[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
			[255,255,255]],

[[156,32,32],
			[255,255,255]]
	],

TheSkullCreeper!

Post » 23 Sep 2020, 13:34

Modern Mario V4 is out!

TheSkullCreeper!

Post » 26 Sep 2020, 20:43

Modern Recolor Character Pack [V1]
Includes Mario, Luigi and Customizable.
modern-recolor-character-pack.zip
(510.78 KiB) Downloaded 1866 times
Toad is planned, not sure about Toadette though.

sethblond

Post » 27 Sep 2020, 03:55

Cleiton Studios

Post » 27 Sep 2020, 22:50

Kart luigi in mari0

Its not just a recolor, his sprite is a bit different
costume_21_kart luigi.zip
(24.58 KiB) Downloaded 714 times

WilliamFrog

Post » 02 Oct 2020, 02:20

Odyssey Mario V6 is out now if you're interested. This is only here so people get notifs.

gustavocrazy55

Post » 02 Oct 2020, 20:59

WilliamFrog wrote:
02 Oct 2020, 02:20
Odyssey Mario V6 is out now if you're interested. This is only here so people get notifs.
Hey bro, really good job, is incredible, one problem, im play with this and get an error

main.lua:3005: in function '__LT'
mario.lua:7947: in function 'firecustomenemy'
mario.lua:7886: in function 'button'
game.lua:5148:in function 'game_keypressed'
main.lua:2186: in function <main.lua:2089>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'

WilliamFrog

Post » 03 Oct 2020, 07:49

Uhhh, that doesn't happen for me. Are you using AE V13a?

Cleiton Studios

Post » 05 Oct 2020, 02:15

Classic wario in mari0 AE
wario.png
wario.png (330.88 KiB) Viewed 138761 times
Shell power up = dash attack
Download link
wario.zip
(156.43 KiB) Downloaded 1326 times

gustavocrazy55

Post » 05 Oct 2020, 20:01

WilliamFrog wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 07:49
Uhhh, that doesn't happen for me. Are you using AE V13a?
Sorry, i downloaded the file again, the download was corrupted

Cleiton Studios

Post » 11 Oct 2020, 19:17

Cleiton in mari0 AE
It's my avatar use this in some mari0 animation
cleiton.zip
(171.08 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
If use this in videos and etc, give me credit

WilliamFrog

Post » 18 Oct 2020, 23:56

Why did I make this?
Flying Squirrel Mario
Flying Squirrel Mario.gif
Flying Squirrel Mario.gif (6.59 MiB) Viewed 87301 times
Gif is poorly cropped I know

I knew I was going to make a Flying Squirrel Mario eventually, and it finally happened. SubPixuru was making her own version and I wanted to try it myself, so here is the result. He's a pretty simple character with only a few abilities, but they work fine and are easy to use. He's not perfect, and he could definitely be more polished, but he wasn't a big priority for me.
  • Start Gliding: Hold Left/Right + Jump
  • Steer: Left/Right while gliding
  • Flying Squirrel Jump: Up while gliding
  • Wall Cling: Glide into a wall
  • Wall Jump: Jump while wall clinging
  • Drop Off: Left/Right away from wall while clinging
Credit to SubPixuru for the concept and base character, and AwesomeZach for the sprites.
flying squirrel mario.zip
(19.49 KiB) Downloaded 1537 times

Marlee_Goat

Post » 19 Oct 2020, 20:13

WilliamFrog wrote:
18 Oct 2020, 23:56
Why did I make this?
Flying Squirrel Mario

I knew I was going to make a Flying Squirrel Mario eventually, and it finally happened. SubPixuru was making her own version and I wanted to try it myself, so here is the result. He's a pretty simple character with only a few abilities, but they work fine and are easy to use. He's not perfect, and he could definitely be more polished, but he wasn't a big priority for me.
  • Start Gliding: Hold Left/Right + Jump
  • Steer: Left/Right while gliding
  • Flying Squirrel Jump: Up while gliding
  • Wall Cling: Glide into a wall
  • Wall Jump: Jump while wall clinging
  • Drop Off: Left/Right away from wall while clinging
Credit to SubPixuru for the concept and base character, and AwesomeZach for the sprites.
hey, thats pretty good
tried it out and it worked well
:thumbsup:

Britdan

Post » 02 Nov 2020, 21:13

HIM custom character!
No longer shall you be in fear.

- MOVES -
Hold left + Press use = bruh (left) - will blow enemies backwards.
Hold right + Press use = bruh (right) - will blow enemies backwards.
Hold run + Press down = speen - will make him speen and damage enemies.
Press jump (while in air) = balloon - will allow him to slowly rise upwards. (has a cooldown)

Enjoy!
(and don't report bugs, just please)

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tzqd5y5lcbrb ... uu96a?dl=0

WilliamFrog

Post » 09 Nov 2020, 01:01

Golden Mario
Golden Mario.gif
Golden Mario.gif (1.27 MiB) Viewed 86580 times
Golden Mario is a fairly simple low-effort character I made a while back. He's pretty much normal Mario, but he starts every mappack with 50 coins and loses one with every movement input. If he runs out, the mappack restarts. He has infinite lives and time though. Nothing too special, but it makes for a really interesting challenge to beat anything like that.
golden mario.zip
(137.24 KiB) Downloaded 696 times

B0uceBac0ne

Post » 10 Nov 2020, 02:57

STYX
Watch out, cause this kid's no joke! With his Sonic Dash, which can be activated with just one simple press of the Run button, he takes off at breakneck speeds, damaging enemy* and block alike! If ya time it right, you can even clip through walls and break the fabric of reality** WHICH IS DEFINITELY A FEATURE AND NOT A RESULT OF MY SHODDY PROGRAMMING.

The download:
Styx_MariZero.zip
(81.89 KiB) Downloaded 664 times
Here's a video, showing him off!

BANDIT
This blue burglar packs nothing short of a punch! By activating his shield, once again with a simple tap of the Run button, he's safe from both block and baddie* alike for a short time!

The download:
Bandit_MariZero.zip
(8.24 KiB) Downloaded 665 times
Here's a video of this sapphire swindler in action!

I'll accept any criticism, as these are my first characters!

*But not Piranha Plants for some odd reason.
**Breaknig the fabric of reality does not include the Balloon Goomba.

BetterDonutGamer

Post » 12 Nov 2020, 22:14

Jeremy which is literally just a flower
these characters are old and sorta scuffed
ok so basically I had a dumb idea of making a literal flower into a character for this game, and I actually put effort into this dang thing
Jeremy character download here

(sadly video is sorta old, and does not showcase the thorn move)
(some part of the gameplay is my own unfinished and unreleased mappack)

his moves are quite simple really
he fires a growing spiky vine when pressing B/run on the ground
a big upwards moving spinning flower can be fired when holding Up + B/Run
he can spawn a small grass block in the air while pressing Down + B/run
thorns that go downwards and breaks brick blocks and can give you a minor boost can be fired while pressing B/run in the air

Basically just a chair
yet another dumb character with actual effort put into it because I have no life
Chair character download here

(gameplay is part of default Mari0 AE mappack)

moves are also quite simple
For this move he becomes a office chair and slide around killing enemies and breaking blocks while holding B/run
A small stool that boosts him up and even be bounced on can be fired while pressing Down + B/run in the air
for the most useless move he flips a table forwards while pressing Up + B/run

These are my first characters made for Mari0 AE, so some feedback and criticism would be nice
if you use in videos, please give credit to me for the character properly
Last edited by BetterDonutGamer on 12 Jul 2022, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.