Now running on a new server. Stuff still needs to be straightened out. Please see the details here.
Known issues: MagicDNS down, mailing list down, email (including registration emails) down, forums still need work. Please report issues with anything else to saso@stabyourself.net.

Suggestion.

Stabyourself related discussion, announcements
User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 00:21

After I read this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2193
I found out that you guys aren't getting enough money to keep the website up so, I thought that maybe you could make a non-copyright infringing game that you can only download if you made a donation. Kinda like Aboboy's adventure: http://abobosbigadventure.com/donate/
I believe this would help keep the site better funded.
If you think this is stupid than rant on me all you want.

User avatar
Sašo
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 1415
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 00:28

"game that you can only download if you made a donation"

Also otherwise known as "selling".

We aren't doing any special favors/games for donators and we keep them anonymous - at least at this point. I'd rather just eat into my personal reserves than start actively asking for donations.

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 00:36

"game that you can only download if you made a donation" also means that someone who donates basically distributes the file the the interwebs?

User avatar
TheJonyMyster
Posts: 1795
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 03:15

rokit boy wrote:someone who donates basically distributes the file the the interwebs?
What?

User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 03:22

He means that they would pay then illegally upload it to the internet.

User avatar
idiot9.0
Posts: 1707
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 04:04

If they were really struggling with funds to keep the website up, I'm sure just flat out selling a game would be much easier than doing one of those
donate-to-download games. Hell, they could easily make a new Ortho Robot game using this thing Maurice created and sell it if they needed the money.

User avatar
BobTheLawyer
Posts: 2232
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00

Post » 26 Feb 2013, 23:01

He was actually going to make an orthorobot 2 and sell it

User avatar
Automatik
Posts: 1073
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 17:54

Post » 26 Feb 2013, 23:18

BobTheLawyer wrote:He was actually going to make an orthorobot 2 and sell it
[Citation Needed]

User avatar
BobTheLawyer
Posts: 2232
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00

Post » 27 Feb 2013, 00:39

IRC I think.
I heard a lot of talk about it.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 27 Feb 2013, 02:44

2d3d platformer has a lot of promise. As long as he solves the design problems I'm sure he'll do fine with it.

User avatar
Automatik
Posts: 1073
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 17:54

Post » 27 Feb 2013, 10:38

Yes, but there is that:
viewtopic.php?p=58621#p58621
Sašo wrote:"game that you can only download if you made a donation"

Also otherwise known as "selling".

We aren't doing any special favors/games for donators and we keep them anonymous - at least at this point. I'd rather just eat into my personal reserves than start actively asking for donations.

User avatar
Sašo
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 1415
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 27 Feb 2013, 11:32

Automatik wrote:Yes, but there is that:
viewtopic.php?p=58621#p58621
Sašo wrote:"game that you can only download if you made a donation"

Also otherwise known as "selling".

We aren't doing any special favors/games for donators and we keep them anonymous - at least at this point. I'd rather just eat into my personal reserves than start actively asking for donations.
Irrelevant since it just refutes the "donate" part because it makes it a sale, not a donation.

I don't think either of us said we'd never work on a commercial project, so don't imply that. And no, we don't have some super secret active commercial project.