Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Forum TODO

Stabyourself related discussion, announcements
Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2142
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19
Reputation: 103

Post » 11 Mar 2012, 14:02

Sašo wrote:I'll look into it when I'll have the time. Calm down.

FUCK YOU CALM DOWN
WE FUCKING NEED LUA HIGHLIGHTS QUICK

rokit
User avatar
Posts: 2108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47
Reputation: 98

Post » 11 Mar 2012, 14:20

Maurice wrote:
Sašo wrote:I'll look into it when I'll have the time. Calm down.

FUCK YOU CALM DOWN
WE FUCKING NEED LUA HIGHLIGHTS QUICK

AGREED!

eracet
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 22:33
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 13 Mar 2012, 01:17

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1561075
This is how to add tabs and links into your header bar, I found it very useful when I did a phpbb forums.

rokit
User avatar
Posts: 2108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47
Reputation: 98

Post » 24 Mar 2012, 19:59

I just noticed something.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17466990/not_pacman.love
That badboy above is clickable
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17466990/not_pacman.love

That badboy isn't.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32
Reputation: 35

Post » 29 Mar 2012, 18:30

Do you know what would be nice?
A rule that stops people making stupid pointless posts saying nothing more than 'no this is bad' in genuine threads. It gets annoying looking at a suggestion thread and seeing people sharing their useless opinion about why the mod is a terrible idea when no mod is actually a terrible idea because if someone wants to make their own game crap then they can go do that without harming anyone.
Just saying.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1387
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07
Reputation: 343
Contact:

Post » 29 Mar 2012, 19:21

Yes.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32
Reputation: 35

Post » 29 Mar 2012, 22:46

While I'm constructively ranting, here's another good rule to add. No making posts with literally no purpose like 'bump lol'.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32
Reputation: 35

Post » 04 Apr 2012, 01:27

Inbox size got increased by a factor of 50.
That's pretty cool.

Ozuma36
User avatar
Posts: 148
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 09:17
Reputation: 1

Post » 04 Apr 2012, 17:24

Camewel wrote:While I'm constructively ranting, here's another good rule to add. No making posts with literally no purpose like 'bump lol'.

Yes, you may only use

Ozuma36 wrote:HUMP'D!

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32
Reputation: 35

Post » 09 Apr 2012, 01:20

It'd be nice to have some kind of centre align tag, just to make title posts look nice.

Turtle95
User avatar
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 21:48
Reputation: 122
Contact:

Post » 14 Apr 2012, 01:30

Maybe add a "upload file" type of add-on to the forums? This would help many modders and mappers in Mari0. It would make the forums ten times neater because you won't be seeing URL addresses to sites such as Mediafire all the time in those sections.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32
Reputation: 35

Post » 14 Apr 2012, 01:37

They already have an attachments system, Sašo just doesn't want you putting loads of large files on the stabyourself server.

trosh
User avatar
Posts: 1596
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36
Reputation: 8
Contact:

Post » 14 Apr 2012, 10:38

yeah, the only files I've seen as attachments were the betas :S
Is there no way to limit the total size to like 1~2 Mb ? that would also discourage people from making files too large, because attachment is preferable for users to mediafire.

Flutter Skye
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54
Reputation: 789
Contact:

Post » 25 May 2012, 12:03

we need on this forum achievements
Last edited by Flutter Skye on 02 Jun 2012, 17:58, edited 2 times in total.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 25 May 2012, 12:29

supermarioportal2 wrote:archevements

did you say archived
or achievements?

either way their both pretty pointless. (especially achievements)

this is why you need to read your post before clicking submit so that it all makes sense.

Fox
PERMABANNED
User avatar
Posts: 36
Joined: 03 May 2012, 17:19
Reputation: 0

Post » 25 May 2012, 19:13

ummm.....

suggestion:

an ignore button ........?

Elsensee
User avatar
Posts: 3
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 22:02
Reputation: 0

Post » 25 May 2012, 20:03

Fox wrote:ummm.....

suggestion:

an ignore button ........?
Already there:

Click on the user you will ignore and click then on "Add foe".

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2142
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19
Reputation: 103

Post » 25 May 2012, 20:46

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
supermarioportal2 wrote:archevements

did you say archived
or achievements?

either way their both pretty pointless. (especially achievements)

Corrects others' spelling mistakes.
Misspells "they're".

samkostka
User avatar
Posts: 302
Joined: 17 Feb 2012, 04:42
Reputation: 3

Post » 25 May 2012, 22:42

I like the new icons and slightly different layout on the forum. Good job Sašo.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 26 May 2012, 03:39

I was sick so I couldn't concentrate,
(plus I didn't correct anything :P)
I just want to know what he said.

Fox
PERMABANNED
User avatar
Posts: 36
Joined: 03 May 2012, 17:19
Reputation: 0

Post » 26 May 2012, 14:22

Maurice wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
supermarioportal2 wrote:archevements

did you say archived
or achievements?

either way their both pretty pointless. (especially achievements)

Corrects others' spelling mistakes.
Misspells "they're".


Honey, we have a new grammer nazi in town..

oh wait quick! Hide Larry!

Fox
PERMABANNED
User avatar
Posts: 36
Joined: 03 May 2012, 17:19
Reputation: 0

Post » 27 May 2012, 20:34

Also , a suggestion:

A "your threads" button right next to the "view your posts" button

Cuz I hate going to the "view your posts" , I always have to find my thread

Flutter Skye
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54
Reputation: 789
Contact:

Post » 02 Jun 2012, 18:09

i was bored. So i suggested this ! it would be stupid, if on the forum would be achievements. This would be like: Achievement get !join the forum,Achievement get ! make nothing,Achievement get ! first post , Achievement get ! 50 view's ,Achievement get ! 100 view's , Achievement get ! add a friend,Achievement get ! add a foe (i know renhoek you would get this achievement first in ignoring me), Achievement get ! be on the forum two day's, Achievement get ! be on the forum a week, Achievement get ! be on the forum 0ne month, Achievement get ! find the secret ''The cake is a LIE!;; on the forum, Achievement get ! have 50 friend's, Achievement get ! have 50 foe's ,Achievement get ! be a beta tester , Achievement get ! be the best grammar spelling on the forum, Achievement get ! be the worst grammar nazi.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1387
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07
Reputation: 343
Contact:

Post » 02 Jun 2012, 22:52

supermarioportal2 wrote:i was bored. So i suggested this ! it would be stupid, if on the forum would be achievements. This would be like: Achievement get !join the forum,Achievement get ! make nothing,Achievement get ! first post , Achievement get ! 50 view's ,Achievement get ! 100 view's , Achievement get ! add a friend,Achievement get ! add a foe (i know renhoek you would get this achievement first in ignoring me), Achievement get ! be on the forum two day's, Achievement get ! be on the forum a week, Achievement get ! be on the forum 0ne month, Achievement get ! find the secret ''The cake is a LIE!;; on the forum, Achievement get ! have 50 friend's, Achievement get ! have 50 foe's ,Achievement get ! be a beta tester , Achievement get ! be the best grammar spelling on the forum, Achievement get ! be the worst grammar nazi.

Post a dumb idea with absolutely zero value.

Achievement unlocked.

Flutter Skye
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54
Reputation: 789
Contact:

Post » 02 Jun 2012, 23:12

Sašo wrote:
supermarioportal2 wrote:i was bored. So i suggested this ! it would be stupid, if on the forum would be achievements. This would be like: Achievement get !join the forum,Achievement get ! make nothing,Achievement get ! first post , Achievement get ! 50 view's ,Achievement get ! 100 view's , Achievement get ! add a friend,Achievement get ! add a foe (i know renhoek you would get this achievement first in ignoring me), Achievement get ! be on the forum two day's, Achievement get ! be on the forum a week, Achievement get ! be on the forum 0ne month, Achievement get ! find the secret ''The cake is a LIE!;; on the forum, Achievement get ! have 50 friend's, Achievement get ! have 50 foe's ,Achievement get ! be a beta tester , Achievement get ! be the best grammar spelling on the forum, Achievement get ! be the worst grammar nazi.

Post a dumb idea with absolutely zero value.

Achievement unlocked.

you the master of Achievements Saśo

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 03 Jun 2012, 04:40

one big reason why this is a bad idea smp2

spam... Enough said.

RWLabs
User avatar
Posts: 795
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 03:36
Reputation: 9
Contact:

Post » 10 Jun 2012, 08:23

supermarioportal2 wrote:you the master of Achievements Saśo

If you're going to use an accent on his name you should use the right one...
This guy -> š
Not this guy -> ś

ANYWAY: another suggestion.
A list of top posters?

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 10 Jun 2012, 08:47


RWLabs
User avatar
Posts: 795
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 03:36
Reputation: 9
Contact:

Post » 10 Jun 2012, 08:48

The awkward moment when...

Flutter Skye
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54
Reputation: 789
Contact:

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 18:58

maybe ability to hear sound on the forum ? like i selecct the 'music' button, give there music. and here i go ! example :
[music]www.justatest.com[/music]

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2142
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19
Reputation: 103

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 19:05

That would be annoying and pointless. No.

Flutter Skye
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54
Reputation: 789
Contact:

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 19:10

maybe ability to change the section like :
guy : i maked a mappack but where i was going to give it... modding section
guy 2 :hey pal its a mappack but its the modding section change it
guy :okay *selects the change section button and selects which section

LightningFire
User avatar
Posts: 1907
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24
Reputation: 134
Contact:

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 19:12

I like that idea.
supermarioportal2 wrote:maybe ability to hear sound on the forum ? like i selecct the 'music' button, give there music. and here i go ! example :
[music]www.justatest.com[/music]

That's why we have the [youtube] thing anyways.

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2142
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19
Reputation: 103

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 19:15

We have mods for that.

FaycalMenouar
Posts: 1076
Joined: 11 May 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 2
Contact:

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 19:44

How about putting flash content in posts ? like flash games or voting systems , kaptchas or idk

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2142
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19
Reputation: 103

Post » 02 Jul 2012, 19:48

That is so exploitable it's not even funny.
People, think about your ideas before posting them.

popcan12
User avatar
Posts: 600
Joined: 10 Feb 2012, 02:30
Reputation: 7

Post » 04 Jul 2012, 01:06

Why would you want to put flash content in post, that would just create less space, which is (might) be the reason Maruice disabled signatures!

Flutter Skye
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54
Reputation: 789
Contact:

Post » 21 Jul 2012, 09:49

giving reasons why the post got edited ?

Bonko
User avatar
Posts: 484
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 00:59
Reputation: 5

Post » 22 Jul 2012, 01:05

Why would you want reasons why a post got edited. Usually just spelling mistakes.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1387
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07
Reputation: 343
Contact:

Post » 22 Jul 2012, 01:29

Just write it in the post.

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1466
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 72
Contact:

Post » 01 Sep 2012, 17:13

Trosh: The Movie: The game forum? Or do you think it would be too insignificant to be made into a proper forum?

BobTheLawyer
User avatar
Posts: 2240
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00
Reputation: 55

Post » 03 Oct 2012, 23:30

A like button on post. Some of these post are so highly agreeable, but it isn't worth putting a reply telling them...

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 04 Oct 2012, 05:01

BobTheLawyer wrote:A like button on post. Some of these post are so highly agreeable, but it isn't worth putting a reply telling them...

wouldn't that make it like every other social networking website out there?

Jorichi
Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 999
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08
Reputation: 329
Contact:

Post » 04 Oct 2012, 10:22

I don't want this forum to turn into facebook or Youtube comments...
However, the way the old minecraft forums approached it seems quite acceptable, it didn't become a scoreboard for the posters.
It was just a small plus sign with a number behind it on the bottom right of your post. However, I personally don't think it would add much of value to the forum.

TripleXero
User avatar
Posts: 892
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 00:23
Reputation: 27
Contact:

Post » 09 Oct 2012, 05:34

That seems like a good idea to an extent, I think it'd only be useful if you have nothing to actually say about a mappack or a mod, but you like it, or dislike it. But I can see things becoming a popularity contest, some people already get too excited over thread views

BobTheLawyer
User avatar
Posts: 2240
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00
Reputation: 55

Post » 16 Oct 2012, 01:47


LightningFire
User avatar
Posts: 1907
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24
Reputation: 134
Contact:

Post » 16 Oct 2012, 01:54

Uhh Bob, if Saso didn't enable actual emoticons, I really doubt he will add pony emoticons, especially because not everyone in the forum's a you-know-what.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1387
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07
Reputation: 343
Contact:

Post » 16 Oct 2012, 18:22


TheJonyMyster
User avatar
Posts: 1873
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12
Reputation: 24
Contact:

Post » 20 Oct 2012, 15:24

Just how there's a link from the main site to the forum, there needs to be a link BACK.

BobTheLawyer
User avatar
Posts: 2240
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00
Reputation: 55

Post » 20 Oct 2012, 18:21

TheJonyMyster wrote:Just how there's a link from the main site to the forum, there needs to be a link BACK.

+ link to chatroom.


Return to “Stabyourself.net”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest