Racing Game

Stabyourself related discussion, announcements
nintendoluk
User avatar
Posts: 10
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 19:21
Reputation: 0

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 00:50

Hey Maurice (or the other one)

can ya make a cool car racing game? (also ich mein Autorennen)
Im thinking of a game where ya drive very fast and ya are like in space and ya have to jump over holes and there are loopings where ya have to drive through and then there are enemies and ya have to shoot (unendlich munition also ohne item kasten wie in Mario Kart) and ya can Play with many many friends and ya are so fast so if ya crash something your death and ya have to start the level new and the main-destination is to get to the end of the level

But sure first make Not Pacman and Mari0

And i think it would be a good idea to add a level maker to Ortho Robot :)

MfG Lukas

Raicuparta
User avatar
Posts: 533
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 02:07
Reputation: 27
Contact:

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 01:07

nintendoluk wrote:Hey Maurice (or the other one)

Haha poor Saso

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32
Reputation: 35

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 02:40

Raicuparta wrote:
nintendoluk wrote:Hey Maurice (or the other one)

Haha poor Saso

Indeed, poor Sašo, as I seem to be the only one capable of getting his name right.
On topic, racing games are hard to make in LÖVE as it's 2D, but Maurice's Illusionary Engine should fix that up. I'm not sure as to the specifics of the IE so I can't accurately tell you how practical this idea is. I will hazard a guess at not very.
But, saying that, Maurice will probably be all sarcastic about it so my guess could seem inaccurate.

RWLabs
User avatar
Posts: 795
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 03:36
Reputation: 9
Contact:

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 04:00

nintendoluk wrote:Hey Maurice (or the other one)


Sašo wrote:-75/10 for effort





nintendoluk wrote:can ya make a cool car racing game? (also ich mein Autorennen)
Im thinking of a game where ya drive very fast and ya are like in space and ya have to jump over holes and there are loopings where ya have to drive through and then there are enemies and ya have to shoot (unendlich munition also ohne item kasten wie in Mario Kart) and ya can Play with many many friends and ya are so fast so if ya crash something your death and ya have to start the level new and the main-destination is to get to the end of the level


That seems like... a normal racing game. Maurice made games that include a plumber with a portal gun, a Pacman controlled by a mouse, a game where 3-D is 2-D, Tetris where physics didn't take a vacation, a world where smashing your keyboard writes programs, an uncrashable plane flying to a mountain range you'll never reach, a music writer mixed with Guitar Hero, and a game where you shoot a ball into a hooker's face.

Maurice does not write boring-ass programs. And we like games that took an idea and made an out-of-the-box version of it, that's why Mari0 is so awesome. I'm not saying that your idea is bad, but it seems kinda generic. Add, say, portals to the mix and you got something that isn't too shabby.

AND STOP WRITING IN GERMAN

Sašo wrote:Post in English (with exception of technical support forums; keep in mind that you're most likely to get help if you post in English, German or Slovenian)





nintendoluk wrote:And i think it would be a good idea to add a level maker to Ortho Robot :)


viewtopic.php?f=5&t=80

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 213

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 14:47

Camewel wrote:
Raicuparta wrote:
nintendoluk wrote:Hey Maurice (or the other one)

Haha poor Saso

Indeed, poor Sašo, as I seem to be the only one capable of getting his name right.


FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP BEING SO SMUG ABOUT HAVING AN š ON YOUR KEYBOARD YEAH WE GET IT YOU HAVE š'S ON YOUR KEYBOARD
WHAT DO YOU WANT A COOKIE, YOU(and mabye Sašo) ARE THE ONLY ONE('s) WHO HAVE THAT ON YOUR KEYBOARD.
sorry for the rage mode, I'm just sick of this guy going around telling people that they must always say š when it's ovious that no one exept him have it.
(p.s. no I don't have it either I copy pasted)

on-topic
I think a racing would be fun but couldn't you technically race a friend in Mari0, plus I think Maurice should focus on one thing at a time

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32
Reputation: 35

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 15:09

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP BEING SO SMUG ABOUT HAVING AN š ON YOUR KEYBOARD YEAH WE GET IT YOU HAVE š'S ON YOUR KEYBOARD
WHAT DO YOU WANT A COOKIE, YOU(and mabye Sašo) ARE THE ONLY ONE('s) WHO HAVE THAT ON YOUR KEYBOARD.
sorry for the rage mode, I'm just sick of this guy going around telling people that they must always say š when it's ovious that no one exept him have it.
(p.s. no I don't have it either I copy pasted)


Wow, you're really mad. c:
I actually don't have an š button on my keyboard, and I'm fairly sure Sašo doesn't either.
And by the way, "š'S" is such a grammatical failure. It should be " 'Š's ".
And yeah, a cookie would be nice, thanks.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1377
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07
Reputation: 318
Contact:

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 16:50

I don't give a shit if you write it with an s or a š

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32
Reputation: 35

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 18:16

Fair enough.

RWLabs
User avatar
Posts: 795
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 03:36
Reputation: 9
Contact:

Post » 24 Feb 2012, 03:54

I use the handy dandy Ctrl C + Ctrl V combo when writing Sašo's name. It's just more respectful to write a person's name in what it's supposed to be, not that I'd make uncontrollable shitstorms out of "Saso".

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 213

Post » 24 Feb 2012, 11:38

Camewel wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:yah I over reacted


RESPONSE :D


sorry I over reacted, I just don't want to search through countless threads just to find the S (yeah not gonna bother call me lazy whateva)
I just find it pointless I mean it's just a forum post it's not like a book report or somethin.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32
Reputation: 35

Post » 24 Feb 2012, 12:50

Sašo wrote:I don't give a šhit if you write it with an s or a š

So it's all good. :P

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2142
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19
Reputation: 101

Post » 24 Feb 2012, 14:08

Can I be the ideas guy
oh wait that position is taken by you already.

nintendoluk
User avatar
Posts: 10
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 19:21
Reputation: 0

Post » 27 Feb 2012, 16:00

I only asked for the opinion of maurice!
And he didnt wrote his opinion :o
So if i am the ideas guy what abaout a 2D stealth game where you can play like in Splinter Cell but in 2D :D

Sry if youll be the ideas guy but your job is to programm and i live to say you what you have to programm :)

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2142
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19
Reputation: 101

Post » 27 Feb 2012, 16:10

Well you idea is just a little silly and over-ambitious. And even then it's painfully unspecific.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 213

Post » 27 Feb 2012, 16:13

Maurice wrote:you idea is just a little silly.



Maurice no the bad grammer is rubbing of on you!!!

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2142
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19
Reputation: 101

Post » 27 Feb 2012, 16:15

I'm fucking ill, fuck you I'm allowed to make typos.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 213

Post » 27 Feb 2012, 16:16

Maurice wrote:I'm fucking ill, fuck you I'm allowed to make typos.


shit really sorry, I had no idea, I was just joking.

any way hope ya get well soon ;)

trosh
User avatar
Posts: 1596
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36
Reputation: 8
Contact:

Post » 27 Feb 2012, 16:52

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:Maurice no the bad grammer is rubbing of on you!!!

Maurice, no ! The bad grammar is rubbing oFF on you. You're a grammar nazi or you're not.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 213

Post » 28 Feb 2012, 12:24

trosh wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:Maurice no the bad grammer is rubbing of on you!!!

Maurice, no ! The bad grammar is rubbing oFF on you. You're a grammar nazi or you're not.


omg it's rubbing of onto me too knoooooooooooooooooow

yeah I'm not a grammer nazi I was just joking aroung if I'm a grammer nazi then I'd have to be the biggest hipocrite on earth. (for those to thick I don't have good grammer most of the time myself.)

nintendoluk
User avatar
Posts: 10
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 19:21
Reputation: 0

Post » 28 Feb 2012, 17:14

Why have all of you an avata with Portals?
I thought Mario Portal isnt already released?

trosh
User avatar
Posts: 1596
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36
Reputation: 8
Contact:

Post » 28 Feb 2012, 17:19

1. Power of the imagination ! yeah people can actually create their ooowwwn pictures of portals, or portal gun.
2. I have Mari0. you don't ? that sux.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 213

Post » 29 Feb 2012, 14:43

trosh wrote:1. Power of the imagination ! yeah people can actually create their ooowwwn pictures of portals, or portal gun.
2. I have Mari0. you don't ? that sux.


if I wasen't so shy who knows I could have had a beta If I registered earlyer.

@nintendoluk if you want an avatar with portals read this
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=184 make a sugestion.

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1464
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 71
Contact:

Post » 29 Feb 2012, 16:14

trosh wrote:1. Power of the imagination ! yeah people can actually create their ooowwwn pictures of portals, or portal gun.
2. I have Mari0. you don't ? that sux.


But pretty much everybody has the beta cause you leaked it!!!!!!

nintendoluk
User avatar
Posts: 10
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 19:21
Reputation: 0

Post » 29 Feb 2012, 17:31

I want an Avata of Not Tetris :D
Can i make a screenshot an use it?

rokit
User avatar
Posts: 2108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47
Reputation: 98

Post » 29 Feb 2012, 18:19

Why do people think they're badasses when they have that funny S on the keyboard?

RWLabs
User avatar
Posts: 795
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 03:36
Reputation: 9
Contact:

Post » 01 Mar 2012, 04:15

Qcode wrote:
trosh wrote:1. Power of the imagination ! yeah people can actually create their ooowwwn pictures of portals, or portal gun.
2. I have Mari0. you don't ? that sux.


But pretty much everybody has the beta cause you leaked it!!!!!!


WHERE???? I know there's only 2 days left but I still want it!!!

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1464
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 71
Contact:

Post » 01 Mar 2012, 04:37

You havent' seen Trosh's beta? It's all over the forums. Anyway here's a link. http://www.mediafire.com/?w2fuhy6b0v0lb12

RWLabs
User avatar
Posts: 795
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 03:36
Reputation: 9
Contact:

Post » 01 Mar 2012, 05:44

Wait a minute... before I download it, this sounds familiar. Isn't this the weird thing with the cubes that someone made?

EDIT: Well, I saw that coming.

trosh
User avatar
Posts: 1596
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36
Reputation: 8
Contact:

Post » 01 Mar 2012, 09:36

ginger guy wrote: Isn't this the weird thing with the cubes that someone made?

way to describe something. maybe you just downloaded minecraft, for all i know.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 213

Post » 01 Mar 2012, 09:45

nintendoluk wrote:I want an Avata of Not Tetris :D
Can i make a screenshot an use it?


press PrtScn and make sure caps lock is off
or press Alt + PrtScn

while the games running

EDIT: (read next post) oops forgot that part thanks trosh.
Last edited by renhoek on 01 Mar 2012, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

trosh
User avatar
Posts: 1596
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36
Reputation: 8
Contact:

Post » 01 Mar 2012, 09:49

and if you're running windows then open an image editor like Paint and ctrl-v the copied image to crop it, change it, save it as you wish.

rokit
User avatar
Posts: 2108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47
Reputation: 98

Post » 01 Mar 2012, 18:45

Well I'm not a fan of the Idea.

nintendoluk
User avatar
Posts: 10
Joined: 13 Feb 2012, 19:21
Reputation: 0

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 14:14

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
nintendoluk wrote:I want an Avata of Not Tetris :D
Can i make a screenshot an use it?


press PrtScn and make sure caps lock is off
or press Alt + PrtScn

while the games running

EDIT: (read next post) oops forgot that part thanks trosh.


Thanks both but i only wanted to know if its legal but i think so^^

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 213

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 15:21

nintendoluk wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
nintendoluk wrote:I want an Avata of Not Tetris :D
Can i make a screenshot an use it?


press PrtScn and make sure caps lock is off
or press Alt + PrtScn

while the games running

EDIT: (read next post) oops forgot that part thanks trosh.


Thanks both but i only wanted to know if its legal but i think so^^

... if it were illegal it wouldn't make sense sinse maurice would be breaking copyright. (stop acta)


Return to “Stabyourself.net”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron