Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

[v2.0] Not Pacman: NES Edition

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 29 Jan 2013, 03:34

This mod makes Not Pacman like Pac-Man for the NES!

Quick Links
Image

Screenshots & Videos

Image
First to post in scale 1? o_o

Video Link

Back to the top

Image

Image (2.0)
For LÖVE 0.8.0
__________________________
|LÖVE is required for Linux and Source versions|
Download LÖVE Here


ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Direct Download (Source)
(Dropbox Download)

Download links for users that don't display images
Windows Linux Mac/OSX Source


Back to the top
Image

High Scores
1. Legend_Of_Kirby: 244 Pellets, 98.5 Seconds
2. Mari0Maker: 244 Pellets, 116.4 Seconds


Back to the top
Image

Changelog, Information & FAQ

Code: Select all

Not Pacman - NES Edition
By Mari0Maker & Superjustinbros

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

10/6/2013 - Forum Thread Update!
Added NES Cartridge to Bonus Stuff --thank you Vyper
Added Quick Links
Added "Back to the top" button
Added NES Cartridge icon (as an .ico file)

2.00 - Completely Reworked Update
Changed Colors of the game (Pac-Man, Walls, Ghosts)
--Special Thanks to Superjustinbros--
Added gameplay video
Added links for all versions (Windows, Mac, Linux, Source)
Added game icon for Windows version --oh snap
Changed forum thread entirely
--Updated forum thread on September 26th, 2013, with downloads links for users that don't display images, and icon and video links.

1.02
"Options" Color Fix?
Public Release

1.01
Title Change
Logo Added

1.00
Testing Release

FAQ:

Q: Will you post the High Scores in the "official" High Scores thread?
A: No.

Q: Can we edit this mod in any shape/form and post a download for it?
A: Yes.

Q: Can we post questions here?
A: Yes.

Q: Is this for LOVE 0.8.0?
A: Yes.

Q: Why do the Mac/Windows versions not work?!
A: Please PM me the error message, or post it here.

Q: Do you own a Mac?
A: No. I own Windows. Windows XP.

Changes in this mod are gravity, color tweaks, super pellet blink time, logo, Stabyourself logo, and title.
If anything isn't working, something seems to be a bug, or if you have any suggestions, please leave a reply below, or PM me.

Back to the top
Image

Bonus Stuff!

Icon
http://i.imgur.com/NPM-NESEdition_icon.png
Image


NES Cartridge
http://i.imgur.com/NPM-NESEdtion_cartridge.png
Image
Special thanks to Vyper for helping me make this!


NES Cartridge Icon
Download (.ico)

Enjoy!
Back to the top
Last edited by Mari0Maker on 29 Nov 2013, 04:35, edited 62 times in total.

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1466
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 72
Contact:

Post » 29 Jan 2013, 04:18

Just going to note here that this is for 0.8.0

Legend_of_Kirby
User avatar
Posts: 754
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37
Reputation: 14
Contact:

Post » 29 Jan 2013, 04:51

Got this score on your mod.Image
I am slow at this.

Superjustinbros
User avatar
Posts: 2101
Joined: 29 Mar 2012, 20:39
Reputation: 132
Contact:

Post » 29 Jan 2013, 18:50

So this is a mod that makes the game resemble the NES/FC version that Not Pac-Man's graphics and colors was originally based on.

Mr.Q.Marx?
User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: 15 May 2012, 18:35
Reputation: 27

Post » 29 Jan 2013, 21:00

Superjustinbros wrote:So this is a mod that makes the game resemble the NES/FC version that Not Pac-Man's graphics and colors was originally based on.

I was trying to understand the meaning of this mod too
If that is the goal then you can use these rips
http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/pacman/sheet/15839

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 29 Jan 2013, 21:38

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:
Superjustinbros wrote:So this is a mod that makes the game resemble the NES/FC version that Not Pac-Man's graphics and colors was originally based on.

I was trying to understand the meaning of this mod too
If that is the goal then you can use these rips
http://www.spriters-resource.com/nes/pacman/sheet/15839

This mods goal was to resemble the classic NES/FC version. And if you read the changelog, I did change the code a bit. Barely. :P
All I need to finish it is the change Pac-Man's color.

Mr.Q.Marx?
User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: 15 May 2012, 18:35
Reputation: 27

Post » 30 Jan 2013, 17:09

Mari0Maker wrote:This mods goal was to resemble the classic NES/FC version. And if you read the changelog, I did change the code a bit. Barely. :P
All I need to finish it is the change Pac-Man's color.

So how is it Not JUST Pacman? ...That would imply it was even MORE like pacman... You could call it Not Pacman NES or something... I just think it's a pretty missleading name. It's like you're going to add hunderds of new features. Not just changing a few things to make it like the NES version.

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 30 Jan 2013, 20:43

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:So how is it Not JUST Pacman? ...That would imply it was even MORE like pacman... You could call it Not Pacman NES or something... I just think it's a pretty missleading name. It's like you're going to add hunderds of new features. Not just changing a few things to make it like the NES version.

Good point.
I was just trying to think of a creative name. If Not Pacman NES is what people, want, then they'll get it. :)

Superjustinbros
User avatar
Posts: 2101
Joined: 29 Mar 2012, 20:39
Reputation: 132
Contact:

Post » 26 Feb 2013, 06:58

If you'd like some assistance, I could try ripping the music and sound effects from the Pac-Man NSF file agmonst palette corrections. Therefore it will fulfill Maurice's intent to make Not Pac-Man resemble as much as possible to the NES version with almost no traces of the arcade version intact.

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 27 Feb 2013, 02:17

Superjustinbros wrote:If you'd like some assistance, I could try ripping the music and sound effects from the Pac-Man NSF file agmonst palette corrections. Therefore it will fulfill Maurice's intent to make Not Pac-Man resemble as much as possible to the NES version with almost no traces of the arcade version intact.

Sure! Just PM me when you have them.
You can compile them into the .love if you want too. :)

Superjustinbros
User avatar
Posts: 2101
Joined: 29 Mar 2012, 20:39
Reputation: 132
Contact:

Post » 27 Feb 2013, 06:28


Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 02 Sep 2013, 22:04

Completely reworked forum thread and the mod is finished.
Added downloads for every platform and added a icon. :D

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 19 Oct 2013, 17:03

WaryLouka wrote:If the mod taken you all this time
I can say I can work more faster and produce better results
Still, great mod

Well, I did stop this a few months ago.
And thanks!

EDIT (September 26th): Updated with download links for users that don't display images, and added icon and video links for convenience.


Last bumped by Mari0Maker on 19 Oct 2013, 17:03.


Return to “Not Pacman”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests