The Final Battle Ideas [Storymode][Bowser & GLaDOS]

Maxargan

Post » 12 May 2012, 20:32

With this Topic i would like to give my ideas for the Final Battle planned in the next version of this awesome game, also other things the creator might be interested.

StoryMode

Before jumping into the Final Battle, i want to suggest a "Story Mode" for the game, in which it explains why the Mario universe and the Portal Universe are together, here its a very simple idea of the Story Mode:

"Mario was in a adventure to save princess peach (like always) but when he gets to bowser's castle he doesn't find anyone, except a tube which leads to the underground facility known as Aperture Science, as Mario walks through the strange place he finds out that bowser was brainwashed by GLaDOS, which is attempting to take over the mushroom kingdom and his people to have more Test Subjects to test, so then Mario must go through the Test chambers and various other places to reach the evil Machine and take her down"

its a basic idea.

The Final Battle

Ok so now we get to the Real purpose of this topic, The Final Battle, i will present my idea with pictures and i will explain what to do in order to defeat the Boss

1º Boss: Bowser

You enter a room and the fight begins, Bowser its stading in the top of a platform so mario can't reach him, he is guarding the way to GLaDOS and the only way to get to her is killing him.

GLaDOS gives many weapons to bowser, first the Rocket Launcher who appeared in the first portal game, and a dispenser which throws enemies like goombas (and in rare cases koopas, you'll see why it needs to be rare in a second) so they can attack mario, also bowser shoots fire which follows mario's location.

How to beat the Boss:

Redirect the Rocket with the portals so it can hit bowser (IN DAH FACE) he can avoid the attacks by jumping (Like in the original mario game) after you hit him with a rocket, he gets angry at you and shoots more fire at a faster rate. After hit him 3 times the fight its over, and bowser hides under his shell, you will need to portal yourself to the platform he was standing, and push the shell so it destroys the door leading to GLaDOS's chamber.

(PD: Another way to beat him is to wait until the dispenser fires a Koopa, then hit the koopa and redirect his shell to bowser, this way its much easier cause its a 1 hit kill, but the koopa appears in EXTREME RARE ocations)

2º Boss: GLaDOS

GLaDOS' Sprite created by: Yamino

So this is it, you have collected all those coins, you killed all those enemies, you solved all those puzzles and beat bowser to get to this final fight between you and the queen of machines, she has a Forcefield to protect herself, she uses the laser to make your job harder, and to kill you she throws bombs at you with the bomb launcher, it all seems lost when suddently you realize that Bowser's shell its the only key to defeat her. how?

How to beat the Boss:

You need to be very careful and show your portal skills perfectly for this fight, not only the bombs and the laser will be pain in you 8-bit butt, but the shell you are using to take down GLaDOS also kills you, so how to use it?, you will need to redirect the shell so it hits the forcefield, you will need to do this 3 times (note here, the forcefield changes colors when you hit it, first its blue, then yellow, and finally red) when you do this it will break, leaving GLaDOS weak, when this happens you will have little time to redirect the bombs to her, to lead the enough damage. Then the Forcefields will be up again, repeat this process 2 more times and you will beat GLaDOS!

The Ending

After doing this, you will go to the next room and find peach, you free her and both of you go out, THE END.

Before i end this post i would like to point out that if the creator of this game wants to implement my idea, i will be so happy, also you dont have to implement ALL step by step, you can modify everything you want.

Thanks for Watching and leave a comment about the idea down below.
Last edited by Maxargan on 13 May 2012, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

RWLabs

Post » 12 May 2012, 20:39

You spelled "laser" wrong.

Sky

Post » 12 May 2012, 20:42

It still irks me that everyone keeps producing these very specific designs.
Not that that's a bad thing - you did a very good job designing this - but I keep hoping for something that's a little more open to designing other mappacks.

Maxargan

Post » 12 May 2012, 20:43

RWLabs wrote:You spelled "laser" wrong.
Its a Joke i actually spelled it way to good, i was actually going for: LAZHOR

anyways what you think of my idea?
Last edited by Maxargan on 12 May 2012, 20:54, edited 2 times in total.

Maxargan

Post » 12 May 2012, 20:46

WillWare wrote:It still irks me that everyone keeps producing these very specific designs.
Not that that's a bad thing - you did a very good job designing this - but I keep hoping for something that's a little more open to designing other mappacks.
Yeah i saw your idea of a entity who can be placed in other mappacks, but i find out that really that would be a problem in terms of placing the boss, also that i personally like that this could be in the official campaign and the official campaign only

Sky

Post » 12 May 2012, 20:47

Maxargan wrote:but i find out that really that would be a problem in terms of placing the boss
Bowser.

Also, there's an edit button. Don't post twice in a row if you can help it.

Maxargan

Post » 12 May 2012, 20:55

WillWare wrote:
Maxargan wrote:but i find out that really that would be a problem in terms of placing the boss
Bowser.

Also, there's an edit button. Don't post twice in a row if you can help it.
I am not talking about bowser, i am talking about GLaDOS, cause in the 2 portal games you have to use the enviroment to defeat the Boss

Sky

Post » 12 May 2012, 21:08

Maxargan wrote:
I wrote:
Bowser.
I am not talking about bowser, i am talking about GLaDOS, cause in the 2 portal games you have to use the enviroment to defeat the Boss
When I said "Bowser," I meant "look at how easy it is to use Bowser."
Again: Your idea is very good, but I don't feel a "Campaign Mode" would be quite appropriate in this situation.

...Okay, these posts are too serious. MUSIC TIME:

Hatninja

Post » 13 May 2012, 02:10

now i feel this should be the boss for the game

Maxargan

Post » 13 May 2012, 02:18

hatninja wrote:now i feel this should be the boss for the game
Thank you :D

Dilster3k

Post » 13 May 2012, 10:42

I like this idea but I don't like the pictures. That sprite of Glados was made by my friend Elena, her Tumblr user name is Yamino. She gave me special permission to use it in my video and images. Either you give her credit, or you replace the pictures.

Maxargan

Post » 13 May 2012, 15:14

Dilster3k wrote:I like this idea but I don't like the pictures. That sprite of Glados was made by my friend Elena, her Tumblr user name is Yamino. She gave me special permission to use it in my video and images. Either you give her credit, or you replace the pictures.
I do not created it, but i didn't know her username, thanks for informing me i will give her the credit she deserves, cool sprite