Borealis

freakstorm101

Post » 12 May 2012, 10:53

My idea is that the final boss fight should be the Borealis under GLaDOS' control, it would have 3 stages of the battle.
All the stages but stage 3 are done with GLaDOS insulting mario.
Mario will finish the final test chamber and go through a portal to Antarctica where........
STAGE 1 BEGINS ( DUN DUN DUH):
The Borealis' main attack is an aimed laser and an occasional missile, the secondary attack is a line of lasers that change from verticle to horizontal, this attack occors every 10 seconds.
Mario must rederect the lasers at the hull of the Borealis not once, not twice but three times ( surprise ).
The hull will then break open for mario to enter and begin.........
STAGE 2:
Mario must then find his way through the Borealis and reach the control room and defeat GLaDOS once and for all.
The GLaDOS fight would be exactly like the one from portal 1, once GLaDOS has been defeated a space and time rip will open a portal to Zen ( the alien planet from half-life ) and suck mario in, thus begining........
THE FINAL STAGE:
Once mario's in Zen he have to find and defeat THE KING OF ZEN!!!
Once mario defeat's THE KING OF ZEN he will have a little chat with a very AWESOME and MYSTERIOUS character.
He will say:
"Congradulations Mr. Mario, your efforts these past few hours have been, exceptional.
Never before have i seen such bravery from a plumber, the only other time i've seen such bravery was by a certain sccientist.
But unfortunately i must cut your victory short, for the sights you have seen are not ment for mushroom people eyes.
When you wake up your mis-adventure will all seem like a dream.
Farewell Mr.Mario, and i sinserely hope our paths will cross again."
See if you can guess who the mystery man is.
Sorry i didn't post any pictures, i don't have the time to make one.

kyudoxp

Post » 12 May 2012, 18:16

I like it until you mention ZEN

freakstorm101

Post » 13 May 2012, 04:52

What's wrong with ZEN?

kyudoxp

Post » 13 May 2012, 05:16

I find strange that mari0 suddenly found a portal, in a boat, that lead to another planet...

freakstorm101

Post » 14 May 2012, 10:04

Portal and half-life are both in the same universe and mari0 is a mixture of both portal and mario, and so it is plausable that this could actualy happen.
Please tell me if my logic is wrong, and tell me why.

Maxargan

Post » 14 May 2012, 15:43

freakstorm101 wrote:Portal and half-life are both in the same universe and mari0 is a mixture of both portal and mario, and so it is plausable that this could actualy happen.
Please tell me if my logic is wrong, and tell me why.
I find out of place the Idea of THE KING OF ZEN (DUN DUN DHUAHGUFPNIFJOF) the thing is that it doesn't really fits into the game, i know that portal and half-life are in the same universe but they never interact with eachother, thus making MARIO interact with half-life doesn't seem correct, also... it just seems ridiculous... just ridiculous... i mean the borealis idea was good enough but just really throwing you into the half-life universe with no reason whatsoever and then talking to G-Man... just no... it seems very out of place man...

RWLabs

Post » 15 May 2012, 08:27

freakstorm101 wrote:My idea is that the final boss fight should be the Borealis under GLaDOS' control. The battle would have 3 stages of the battle.
All the stages but stage 3 are done with GLaDOS insulting Mario.
Mario would ("will" means that it will happen no matter what.) finish the final test chamber and go through a portal to Antarctica where........
STAGE 1 BEGINS (DUN DUN DUH):
The Borealis' main attack is an aimed laser and an occasional missile. The secondary attack is a line of lasers that change from vertical to horizontal- this attack occurs every 10 seconds.
Mario must redirect the lasers towards (at means that he needs to do it ON the hull of the Borealis) the hull of the Borealis- not once, not twice, but three times (surprise).
The hull will then break open for Mario to enter and begin.........
STAGE 2:
Mario must then find his way through the Borealis, reach the control room and defeat GLaDOS once and for all.
The GLaDOS fight would be exactly like the one from Portal 1. Once GLaDOS has been defeated, a space and time rip will open a portal to Zen (the alien planet from Half-life) and suck Mario in, thus beginning........
THE FINAL STAGE:
Once Mario's in Zen he has to find and defeat THE KING OF ZEN!!!
Once Mario defeat's THE KING OF ZEN he will have a little chat with a very AWESOME and MYSTERIOUS character.
He will say:,
"Congratulations Mr. Mario, your efforts during these past few hours have been, exceptional.
Never before have I seen such bravery from a plumber. The only other time I've seen such bravery was from a certain sccientist.
But unfortunately I must cut your victory short, for the sights you have seen are not meant for Mushroom Peoples' eyes.
Farewell Mr.Mario, and I sincerely hope our paths will cross again."
(Space must be here.)
Sorry I didn't post any pictures, I didn't have the time to make them ("pictures" is plural. You can't refer to them by saying "one").
Grammar-wise: Run-on sentences, lack of capitalization, WTF are you talking about situations, misspellings, etc. Yup, pretty normal.

Idea-wise: All in all, I'd say this idea is WTF. Mari0 is a crossover between Mario and Portal, not Half-life. Also, that 'mystery man' has exactly 0 need to be there. And who the f*ck is Borealis? And you mention boss battles but do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DESCRIBE HOW THE BATTLE WILL PROGRESS. The only explaining you actually did was Stage 1, where your mind was presumably fresh with the fact that you had to describe how the battle would even work. From Stage 2 it shifted into a plot instead of a design idea. And you didn't even try to explain WHY killing GLaDOS would open a rip in space and time to some WTF planet called Zen. Nor did you try to describe who the "King of Zen" is, or why you have to find him. In this idea, the most random things happen because they can. I can't find the string that connects one event to another- Antartica -> Borealis -> GLaDOS -> Rip in time and space -> Zen -> Finding the King of Zen for some reason -> Mysterious man -> Him mentioning a scientist.

Overall, this idea seems irrelevant to Mario + Portal idea, nor does it have any design work done in it. I've been thinking of a joke that explains where you got this idea, but I'm too tired for it.

(Sorry if I sound 'snarky'- I should have gone to bed 4 hours ago and I didn't get any coffee)

Lawnboy

Post » 15 May 2012, 12:50

Holy shit RW
You're the in-forum grammer-correcter man

And the Boss Battle... How the hell is he supposed to defeat "The King of Zen"? You should describe it more.

Chippy348

Post » 15 May 2012, 13:11

LawnboyInAJar wrote:grammer-correcter man
*Grammar Nazi

Maxargan

Post » 15 May 2012, 21:42

Grammar-wise: Run-on sentences, lack of capitalization, WTF are you talking about situations, misspellings, etc. Yup, pretty normal.

Idea-wise: All in all, I'd say this idea is WTF. Mari0 is a crossover between Mario and Portal, not Half-life. Also, that 'mystery man' has exactly 0 need to be there. And who the f*ck is Borealis? And you mention boss battles but do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DESCRIBE HOW THE BATTLE WILL PROGRESS. The only explaining you actually did was Stage 1, where your mind was presumably fresh with the fact that you had to describe how the battle would even work. From Stage 2 it shifted into a plot instead of a design idea. And you didn't even try to explain WHY killing GLaDOS would open a rip in space and time to some WTF planet called Zen. Nor did you try to describe who the "King of Zen" is, or why you have to find him. In this idea, the most random things happen because they can. I can't find the string that connects one event to another- Antartica -> Borealis -> GLaDOS -> Rip in time and space -> Zen -> Finding the King of Zen for some reason -> Mysterious man -> Him mentioning a scientist.

Overall, this idea seems irrelevant to Mario + Portal idea, nor does it have any design work done in it. I've been thinking of a joke that explains where you got this idea, but I'm too tired for it.

(Sorry if I sound 'snarky'- I should have gone to bed 4 hours ago and I didn't get any coffee)
You are my idol...

I can explain what are the things he is mentioning, he was mostly based in half-life, borealis is a ship owned by aperture science that crashed in antartica, Zen its a alien planet were the main enemies of half-life came from, and that "Misterious man" its G-Man, a guy from the half-life series

overall i think the idea its terrible... its more inspired in Half-life than portal

freakstorm101

Post » 18 May 2012, 06:51

How about everyone is able to recreate my idea to make it make more sense.

Sky

Post » 18 May 2012, 06:58

freakstorm101 wrote:How about everyone is able to recreate my idea to make it make more sense?
Because criticism is more fun. Obviously.

RWLabs

Post » 18 May 2012, 08:02

Maxargan wrote:You are my idol...
RWLabs wrote:Image
I'd bam you for making me use this meme for the first time in my life
I feel this is necessary (again).

freakstorm101 wrote:How about everyone is able to recreate my idea to make it make more sense.
I don't think that's possible. The problem with your idea is that it's main focus is on Half-life. This is Mari0, not Half-Mario. If we make it unrelated to Half-life (as it should be- remember, just because Half-life's in the same universe doesn't mean it needs to appear here), then 2/3 of your idea are gone, just like that.

Seriously, take out all the Half-life references (or at least those unrelated to Mario or Portal). Here's the original...
freakstorm101 wrote:My idea is that the final boss fight should be the Borealis under GLaDOS' control, it would have 3 stages of the battle.
Mario will finish the final test chamber and go through a portal to Antarctica where........
STAGE 1 BEGINS ( DUN DUN DUH):
The Borealis' main attack is an aimed laser and an occasional missile, the secondary attack is a line of lasers that change from verticle to horizontal, this attack occors every 10 seconds.
Mario must rederect the lasers at the hull of the Borealis not once, not twice but three times ( surprise ).
The hull will then break open for mario to enter and begin.........
STAGE 2:
Mario must then find his way through the Borealis and reach the control room and defeat GLaDOS once and for all.
The GLaDOS fight would be exactly like the one from portal 1, once GLaDOS has been defeated a space and time rip will open a portal to Zen ( the alien planet from half-life ) and suck mario in, thus begining........
THE FINAL STAGE:
Once mario's in Zen he have to find and defeat THE KING OF ZEN!!!
Once mario defeat's THE KING OF ZEN he will have a little chat with a very AWESOME and MYSTERIOUS character.
He will say:
"Congradulations Mr. Mario, your efforts these past few hours have been, exceptional.
Never before have i seen such bravery from a plumber, the only other time i've seen such bravery was by a certain sccientist.
But unfortunately i must cut your victory short, for the sights you have seen are not ment for mushroom people eyes.
Farewell Mr.Mario, and i sinserely hope our paths will cross again."
329 words.

...Now here's all that's left after taking out all the unrelated bullsh*t. (I didn't correct the grammar cause I already did before.)
freakstorm101 wrote:My idea is that the final boss fight should be the Borealis underGLaDOS' control, it would have 3 stages of the battle.
Mario will finish the final test chamber [Doesn't need to be Antarctica now.].
[Borealis is unrelated to this]
STAGE 1 (and last):
Mario must then find his way through the room and reach the control room and defeat GLaDOS once and for all.
The GLaDOS fight would be exactly like the one from portal 1, once GLaDOS has been defeated then you win!
96 words (of course after taking out the tags and notes).

Now that idea can be rejected as well because it's pretty much "you fight GLaDOS" without any explanations. It's just a nondescript, poorly explained (if explained at all) battle. I suggest you expand the GLaDOS fight and leave the references to Half-life for Halfmegaman (if you're still interested in making SE boss battles, that is).

(Looks down at the wall of text. My TL;DR senses are tingling!)