the other test subject (spoiler alert: bowser)

suppchoc

Post » 06 May 2012, 10:57

Edit:
So before i go into detail, ill give you a short version of my idea to prevent you guys from leaving without having read anything For the design of the stage check out the pic in my second post.
The Basic Story is that you come into the last chamber and find glados, but instead of having to fight Glados alone you have to team up with the other test subject (bowser). After you killed glados, bowser pushes you into the hole in the middle of the room but you manage to take him with you. You both fall down into the final room where the epic mari0 Vs. Bowser fight will take place.

Still interested? Here comes the long version:
So, here is my idea, you come out of the elevator on the left and enter the room. Glados, is hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the room. In the middle of the floor there is a light bridge above a hole. You cant throw portals at anything higher than the elevators. You have a short dialog with glados and she tells you that she is going to kill you. But before you die you should meet the other test subject.
Bowser/bowser junior steps out of the elevator on the right and enters the room. Mari0 and Bowser decide to work together and defeat glados. Glados can move from left to right on the ceiling. Glados follows you and then stops to charge and fire a lazer at your position. Glados cant be hurt by her own lazers. Bowser gives you koopa shells, which have to be launched at Glados with via portals.
When Glados is destroyed, the light bridge is destroyed too.
Mari0 stands in front of the hole and talks to bowser.
Then bowser suddenly pushes him, and mario is flying/falling into the hole. Time slows down and you have to throw two portals in a way so bowser falls into the hole too.
If you mastered that challenge you and bowser fall down that whole for 3-5 seconds and land in a place where the true bossfight takes place. A fight between you and bowser. I havent thougt of a good mario-bowser fight yet. Any help is welcome.
Last edited by suppchoc on 02 Jun 2012, 23:23, edited 3 times in total.

suppchoc

Post » 13 May 2012, 14:37

A few changes.
1. Added neurotoxin timer, timer starts after the dialogs with bowser & glados and ends when glados is destroyed.
2. Changed the level design a little.
Also: bowser doesnt move he just spawns a koopa shell in front of him.
You have to jump onto the shell to make it move.
Then you have to use portals to hit glados when she is charging the laser.
If the shell doesnt hit glados, but the ceiling, it breaks(disapears) and bowser spawns a new shell.
Using the portals to redirect the laser onto glados doesnt hurt her, she just reflects the laser to the right/left onto the black blocks.
Glados will randomly move from left to right pretty fast.
Glados will stop above you and need like 4 seconds to charge the laser.
She can be only be hit with the koopa shell while charging, she wont run into the shell accidentally.
When you defeated glados the light bridge is destroyed. You will jump/run to the right edge of the whole and bowser will too.
Then the dialog starts and finally he pushes you.
3. I thought a little about multiplayer....
Dead players could respawn at the elevator to the left (3x or so)
Bowser pushes only One player into the hole, the others will have to jump themselves.
4. If the koopa shell hits bowser, it just stops in front of him.
5. Still working on the fight between bowser& mario, but i think i will use broken transportation tubes in some way.
Also, i plan on doing it somewhat like the super mario bros 3 Final fight.
Mario will get home by entering a tube.
Since the "dead" bowser is left in the labotory with the broken glados, the end leaves good starting points for sequels.
Last edited by suppchoc on 02 Jun 2012, 23:30, edited 2 times in total.

FaycalMenouar

Post » 01 Jun 2012, 00:38

i was too lazy to read this ,try to make it short

renhoek

Post » 01 Jun 2012, 03:49

FaycalMenouar
yeah do what this guy did and never tell us how the boss fight works with pretty images -_-
seriously though
it looks like you put a lot of effort into your idea.

FaycalMenouar

Post » 01 Jun 2012, 11:40

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:FaycalMenouar
yeah do what this guy did and never tell us how the boss fight works with pretty images -_-
seriously though
it looks like you put a lot of effort into your idea.
FaycalMenouar wrote : i was too lazy

TheHamster400

Post » 05 Jun 2012, 00:25

FaycalMenouar wrote:i was too lazy to read this ,try to make it short
Yeah to long I didn't read it either

idiot9.0

Post » 05 Jun 2012, 00:40

TheHamster400 wrote:
Sheesh, you two are too lazy to read? C'mon, I'm one of the laziest people alive, but I read that whole thing. Plus suppchoc even put a short version in the first post. Freaking read you too.

As for the idea, I really like it. Well thought out, great pictures for example, plenty of effort put into it. Just need to figure out a good Mario Vs. Bowser fight, and it will be great.

TheHamster400

Post » 05 Jun 2012, 00:47

idiot9.0 wrote:
TheHamster400 wrote:
Sheesh, you two are too lazy to read? C'mon, I'm one of the laziest people alive, but I read that whole thing. Plus suppchoc even put a short version in the first post. Freaking read you too.

As for the idea, I really like it. Well thought out, great pictures for example, plenty of effort put into it. Just need to figure out a good Mario Vs. Bowser fight, and it will be great.
I love reading I read the Percy Jackson series and other good ones. I didn't read it because I was doing something for this post: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1865
But I will read it now.

FaycalMenouar

Post » 05 Jun 2012, 00:59

idiot9.0 wrote:
TheHamster400 wrote:

YOU ? the laziest person alive ?? man if there was any pricefor the laziest people in the world , i would probably send someone to pick it up for me

Stabyourenemies

Post » 22 Jun 2012, 23:45

Erm, could you stop arguing about laziness and help this guy out?
As for you the maker, I like your entire logic, but GLaDOS could just be harder and closer to the original GLaDOS boss battle (i.e. falling cores).
Otherwise, you probably have my vote.

Chaolin112

Post » 01 Jul 2012, 20:14

FaycalMenouar wrote:FaycalMenouar
I'd wait 'till someone would pick it up for me, not worrying about it anyway.

I really like this idea. It looks like you've put a lot of effort into it, and the drawings are clear. You'd have my vote