Testing with fire.

Camewel

Post » 03 May 2012, 22:42

There's an mappack to go with this idea so you can see what I mean.
Anything is subject to improvement, if you don't want the voice clips in then that's your choice and yay for you.

Mario enters by pipe into room 1.
"So, you're finally here. You'd probably have gone much faster if you weren't so bad at this, but oh well, it's in the past now. Have you seen my new toy? I saw that thing you called a villain, but I thought I could do better. Well, that's for the testing to decide."

The door (that thing that's currently represented by the light bridge + button + laser thing) opens in an impressive format, letting you into room 2. Bowser is roaming around like the boss he is, and you go to the axe (currently represented by another button. The bridge collapses, but as Bowser is about to fall in the lava, rocket jets (or some other propulsion method I don't really care) come out of his feet and he starts to float in place.

"Oh, did you really think it would be that easy? That was just the start of the test."
Omit if 1P mode [ "By the way, you may want these. I can't say for sure, as you did just murder them."
The other players now respawn. ]

The door to room 3 opens and you run away from Bowser, who is now flying up and down, shooting fire at the person who is furthest behind. If you try to go past him or if he catches you, he will breathe a huge firebreath at you, instantly killing you. He travels slower than Mario, but his nose will always be on-screen, so you can't get away from him. The first section is a platforming maze, the second section is micro-puzzles. At the end, there's a leap of faith to the final test chamber where you need to open the door (represented by a light bridge once again) and get inside. Bowser will fly in after you.

"You made it to the final chamber. I'm impressed. It's just a shame you're doomed. That tube to the right is slowly filling with lava that will flood the room and kill you. It's coming up straight from the mantle, so I can't stop it even if I wanted. It's a shame to lose such a high-profile test subject, but oh well, you were probably just going to die eventually anyway."

Bowser moves left and right across the room, shooting fire downwards. The right hole starts filling. You have to escape and seal the room back via the entrance. When you get out, there's something out there to take you to victory.

Note that this idea doesn't require some huge amount of pixel artistry as I know that's not your strong point, rather it just has a fair bit of scripting involved.

TheJonyMyster

Post » 03 Sep 2012, 07:58

Ohh. Mahh. Gawd. I. Am. Amazed.
I can die RIGHT NOW with no regrets!
lol jk. We need to get people to read this somehow!
I'm with you for this! If you tell me how to post pics here,
I could make some pixel art! It's my thing.

FaycalMenouar

Post » 03 Sep 2012, 14:00

Good idea , we could use Pbalazs jetpack mod on Bowser .

renhoek

Post » 03 Sep 2012, 14:37

FaycalMenouar wrote:Good idea , we could use Pbalazs jetpack mod on Bowser .
this is a boss idea for SE not a mod idea.

TheJonyMyster

Post » 03 Sep 2012, 14:39

TheJonyMyster wrote: I could make some pixel art! It's my thing.
Tell me if you need it

FaycalMenouar

Post » 03 Sep 2012, 14:42

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
did you read the hole thing ? i was suggesting to use the jetpack on bowser , because he'll be able to fly in the " boss battle suggestion for SE "

TheJonyMyster

Post » 03 Sep 2012, 15:49

FaycalMenouar wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
jetpack
that's where you went wrong. jetpack is a mod

FaycalMenouar

Post » 03 Sep 2012, 17:40

Camewel wrote:The bridge collapses, but as Bowser is about to fall in the lava, rocket jets (or some other propulsion method I don't really care) come out of his feet and he starts to float in place.
i was suggesting a jetpack for bowser , as a propultion method . get it now ?

TheJonyMyster

Post » 03 Sep 2012, 17:52

FaycalMenouar wrote:
Camewel wrote:The bridge collapses, but as Bowser is about to fall in the lava, rocket jets (or some other propulsion method I don't really care) come out of his feet and he starts to float in place.
i was suggesting a jetpack for bowser , as a propultion method . get it now ?
yes. But I'd rather see bowser fart fire instead of a jetpack

FaycalMenouar

Post » 03 Sep 2012, 18:02

fart fire ? maybe sprite jet boots or something

TheJonyMyster

Post » 03 Sep 2012, 18:08

FaycalMenouar wrote:fart fire ? maybe sprite jet boots or something
Nope. he has to fart fire