jump survival

trosh

Post » 03 May 2012, 15:01

Will this be a boss at the end of a normal mappack or a Special Edition mappack or what ? And will it be just one room with a special entity or an actual new boss fights with real new game mechanics and stuff ? I think a minimum amount of context will help people think of what boss battle they would want.

EDIT
OK here's an idea :
A bit starck and sucky but it's a start. So cubes are falling in front of a moving glados thing. glados hits some which come hurling through the air towards mario (who dies if he is hit sideways but who can jump on them, while others just fall past glados and bounce on a surface beneath before disappearing. This allows mario to redirect them with portals on that surface.
So it's just a basic idea right now but it can be expanded
Last edited by trosh on 03 May 2012, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 03 May 2012, 15:07

Did you see the blogpost?

It's the final boss for the portal campaign, and as you can guess from my scribble, it can be whatever you want.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 03 May 2012, 15:07

I'm pretty sure the existing threads already answer this.

Regardless,

- Yes, a boss fight with actual new mechanics. That's the point.
- It may as well be a single entity, it doesn't matter. Don't think of this as programming ideas but design ideas. Just because it seems that the idea will take 150 thousand lines of code that doesn't mean you shouldn't post it. Complex ideas can be simplified and worked upon if that would be the issue.

trosh

Post » 03 May 2012, 15:10

oh sorry hadn't seen the blopost, your rss feed hasn't updated yet.
delete this thread if you want.

Mari0Lu1g1

Post » 04 May 2012, 03:25

trosh wrote:oh sorry hadn't seen the blopost, your rss feed hasn't updated yet.
delete this thread if you want.
Dude, that's actually a pretty decent idea

Kyle Prior

Post » 04 May 2012, 19:13

I'm assuming the cubes would be moving quite slow, right? I would enjoy this. Or at least something like it. Where would the cubes be coming from? A broken delivery tube?

trosh

Post » 04 May 2012, 19:19

yeah that was kind of the idea. I didn't elaborate on the story but I was thinking about a gradual approach into space, like maybe at first you're just running while boxes are coming your way, and then you come out of the room/spaceship/whatever and you have to keep on jumping to survive. So yeah broken stuff everywhere, even glados/whatever is half torn off and can only bump into the boxes. (no lasers or fancy sh*t)

Mari0Lu1g1

Post » 04 May 2012, 19:37

trosh wrote:yeah that was kind of the idea. I didn't elaborate on the story but I was thinking about a gradual approach into space, like maybe at first you're just running while boxes are coming your way, and then you come out of the room/spaceship/whatever and you have to keep on jumping to survive. So yeah broken stuff everywhere, even glados/whatever is half torn off and can only bump into the boxes. (no lasers or fancy sh*t)
How about that GLaDOS shoots lasers in a arch fashion