Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

[Mod] Guns N' Grenades v0.61.2b

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
Lexsym
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:32
Reputation: 1
Contact:

Post » 14 Mar 2012, 21:26

Gun N' Grenades v0.61.2b

Description
You can become a goomba shooting killer. You can become the bomb activist you've always dreamt of. Basically you get a gun and grenades.

Images
Guns
Image
Grenades
Image
Grenade Spam
Image
Gun N Grenades mode
Image
Preview of upcoming addition:
Image

Changelog

version 0.61.2b
-Added support for gamepads/controllers
-Added new mode: "gunngrenades"
-Added multiplayer support
-Collecting 10 coins now gives you +1 ammo
-Disabled crosshair hit pos for "gunner", "greander", and "gunngrenades" modes
-Disabled color change if surface is portalable for "gunner", "greander", and "gunngrenades" modes
-Enabled sight line for "gunner", "greander", and "gunngrenades" modes
-Fixed hud not drawing for multiplayer
-Fixed visuals not drawing for multiplayer
-Fixed game crashing bug dealing with throwing a grenade
-Fixed ammo counter being drawn when in portal mode
-Removed a really weird draw routine that I don't know why I even had it there anymore

Downloads (updated to version 0.61.2b)

Source:
Lexsym.com (.love)
Lexsym.com (.rar)
Lexsym.com (.zip)

Compiled exe:
Lexsym.com (.rar)
Lexsym.com (.zip)
Last edited by Lexsym on 23 Mar 2012, 23:11, edited 4 times in total.

rokit
User avatar
Posts: 2108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47
Reputation: 98

Post » 14 Mar 2012, 21:40

AWSHUM!

teryakisan
User avatar
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 06:16
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 14 Mar 2012, 22:30

O_O WOW!!

teryakisan
User avatar
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 06:16
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 14 Mar 2012, 22:48

Advancing levels resets ammo back to 10. Is it supposed to do that?

Zlmpery
User avatar
Posts: 339
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 19:12
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Post » 15 Mar 2012, 00:52

This actually looks pretty interesting. I may just have to give it a download.

DoctorButler
User avatar
Posts: 4
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 05:29
Reputation: 0

Post » 15 Mar 2012, 06:00

Do the bullets respond to collision, or does clicking on things instantly kill them?

teryakisan
User avatar
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 06:16
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 15 Mar 2012, 09:00

Took me a few minutes to realize you have to go to the cheats menu to activate gunner and grenadier modes. Either way there's plenty of stuff to kill because it checks "goomba attack mode" for you.

Neither the gun or grenade respond to my controller. Mouse only?

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 15 Mar 2012, 09:07

I'm going to predict that
1.) people are going to bitch and moan that this isn't in the game

2.) bitch and moan that they can't install it.

3.) people are going to use this to be lazy and make 20 maps of flat lands with nothing but goombas (CoD anyone?)

on-topic
nice mod looks like fun but I don't see myself using this (no gunz in martio AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW)

RWLabs
User avatar
Posts: 795
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 03:36
Reputation: 9
Contact:

Post » 15 Mar 2012, 09:20

Only the .love file seems available for download...

teryakisan
User avatar
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 06:16
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 15 Mar 2012, 09:23

It's a standalone version of 1.3. No install necessary.

Lexsym
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:32
Reputation: 1
Contact:

Post » 15 Mar 2012, 14:01

teryakisan wrote:Advancing levels resets ammo back to 10. Is it supposed to do that?


Yeah, it also resets on death as well.

DoctorButler wrote:Do the bullets respond to collision, or does clicking on things instantly kill them?

Collisions. If you edit Variables.lua, you can change the bullet projectile speed.

teryakisan wrote:Took me a few minutes to realize you have to go to the cheats menu to activate gunner and grenadier modes. Either way there's plenty of stuff to kill because it checks "goomba attack mode" for you.

Neither the gun or grenade respond to my controller. Mouse only?

Yeah sorry about that, I'll reconfigure it with controller support as well as bug fixes.

RWLabs wrote:Only the .love file seems available for download...

lol apparently I didn't upload them all with the same file name and just a different extension... fixed.


Also I added a compiled version so you don't need to compile the source code if you don't want to.

Lexsym
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:32
Reputation: 1
Contact:

Post » 15 Mar 2012, 18:48

Updated to version 0.61.2b, see changelog for details.

teryakisan
User avatar
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 06:16
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 15 Mar 2012, 19:05

That was fast!

Lexsym
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:32
Reputation: 1
Contact:

Post » 15 Mar 2012, 20:11

Yeah, I took a break from life :p
I'm already working on some new features too.

Here's a spoiler of one of them:
Image



Time to upgrade to Mari0 1.4, or mabye use the github repo, either way I have to re-implement everything.

EntranceJew
User avatar
Posts: 93
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 05:37
Reputation: 23

Post » 17 Mar 2012, 02:59

Lexsym wrote:Yeah, I took a break from life :p
I'm already working on some new features too.

Here's a spoiler of one of them:
Image



Time to upgrade to Mari0 1.4, or mabye use the github repo, either way I have to re-implement everything.

I tend to use a tool like WinMerge or TortoiseMerge to graphically port the modded code over against a fresh source. Good old sdiff works too.

get8p
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 00:45
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Mar 2012, 01:24

Sorry 4 teh dumb question, but is there a way to open it without completing the plot?

teryakisan
User avatar
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 06:16
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 18 Mar 2012, 21:36

on the menu screen press up up down down left right left right b a enter on your keyboard and you should hear the success sound.

get8p
Posts: 14
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 00:45
Reputation: 0

Post » 19 Mar 2012, 00:28

Aah, thanks. Nice mod!

seb1332
Posts: 10
Joined: 16 Mar 2012, 01:14
Reputation: 0

Post » 20 Mar 2012, 23:34

if you don't mind me asking what was added and where? I am creating a mega mod mash-up and I'm using this mod the rpg mod and the weapons switching mod.

Eleenrei
User avatar
Posts: 15
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 03:43
Reputation: 0

Post » 22 Mar 2012, 07:29

Cool mod
hey can i use this for my own level (typo)
its called resident evil (lol)
Last edited by Eleenrei on 26 Mar 2012, 05:38, edited 1 time in total.

Lexsym
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:32
Reputation: 1
Contact:

Post » 23 Mar 2012, 06:03

seb1332 wrote:if you don't mind me asking what was added and where? I am creating a mega mod mash-up and I'm using this mod the rpg mod and the weapons switching mod.


I'll write up a list of modifications that I did for you tomorrow.

Eleenrei wrote:Cool mod
hey can i use this for my own mod
its called resident evil (lol)


Yeah you can.

wes3852
Posts: 1
Joined: 23 Apr 2012, 09:58
Reputation: 0

Post » 23 Apr 2012, 10:12

Can i no how to istalll this im a newb and you can say it all you want and i sttill wont care heh!

Sentinel
User avatar
Posts: 119
Joined: 29 Mar 2012, 09:48
Reputation: 0

Post » 24 Apr 2012, 21:00

Are the guns using explosive ammo? I'd like to suggest adding muzzle flash on the portal gun instead of that flash when it hit goomba enemies. I think it will look better if you remove explosion on impact when you shoot the enemies and just add blood splat or just let them die without the impact animation.

Man, I can already see a rocket launcher using bullet bills O_O I really hope that you continue working on this mod because it will add more fun for those who are already bored with Mari0 gameplay mechanics. I'm already planning a mappack using this mod :)

Toastbroat
Posts: 1
Joined: 13 May 2012, 23:13
Reputation: 0

Post » 14 May 2012, 12:33

Can you please make it compatible with the Railgun Mod and the Hatloader and update it to the latest Version of mari0?. And please just pack the files, which you have editet, not the complete game, thats confusing.

LightningFire
User avatar
Posts: 1907
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24
Reputation: 133
Contact:

Post » 15 May 2012, 01:28

Actually, he needs to make it compatible with the Mari0MS, and the hatloader and the railgun mods need to be compatible with Mari0MS too.

wereWING
Posts: 7
Joined: 16 May 2012, 09:46
Reputation: 0

Post » 16 May 2012, 10:09

wow! spectacular mod! when i actually download mari0, i'm so getting this!

Lowmaster
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 May 2012, 20:30
Reputation: 0

Post » 17 May 2012, 20:39

When I start the program I have this error ''The version of this file is not compatible with version of Windows you're running.
Check your computer's system information to see whatever you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of program,and then contact the software publisher.'' Can I fix it? I have Windows 7 32-bit

trosh
User avatar
Posts: 1596
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36
Reputation: 8
Contact:

Post » 18 May 2012, 17:03

do you have a working installation of love2d for x86 ? If so, use his .love instead of the .exe.

FaycalMenouar
Posts: 1076
Joined: 11 May 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 2
Contact:

Post » 31 May 2012, 15:09

This is Amazing ! developers should put this as a cheat

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 31 May 2012, 15:42

there's a developer
and Maurice does his own codes
BESIDES YOU HAVE A F*CKING PORTAL GUN!

FaycalMenouar
Posts: 1076
Joined: 11 May 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 2
Contact:

Post » 31 May 2012, 20:00

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:there's a developer
and Maurice does his own codes
BESIDES YOU HAVE A F*CKING PORTAL GUN!


shooting enemies would be "Funnier"

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 214

Post » 01 Jun 2012, 03:36

not to mention stupider and lazier.

FaycalMenouar
Posts: 1076
Joined: 11 May 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 2
Contact:

Post » 01 Jun 2012, 11:42

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:not to mention stupider and lazier.


personally , i do like this idea as a cheat , yes the portalgun gel gun and stuff are cool but this would add a "call of duty" feeling

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 198
Contact:

Post » 01 Jun 2012, 11:56

FaycalMenouar wrote:personally , i do like this idea as a cheat , yes the portalgun gel gun and stuff are cool but this would add a "call of duty" feeling

Honestly, there's too much Call of Duty shit nowadays anyway. Hell, there's too many things that are even remotely close to Call of Duty nowadays.
So I don't agree with this as a cheat.
Besides, Mari0 is a game about mario and portal. You know, a platformer and a puzzle game. Call of Duty doesn't fit either of those genres.
This is a good mod, nice and entertaining, but it really doesn't fit the bill of a cheat. So it's a stupid idea.

FaycalMenouar
Posts: 1076
Joined: 11 May 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 2
Contact:

Post » 01 Jun 2012, 12:47

idiot9.0 wrote:
FaycalMenouar wrote:personally , i do like this idea as a cheat , yes the portalgun gel gun and stuff are cool but this would add a "call of duty" feeling

Honestly, there's too much Call of Duty shit nowadays anyway. Hell, there's too many things that are even remotely close to Call of Duty nowadays.
So I don't agree with this as a cheat.
Besides, Mari0 is a game about mario and portal. You know, a platformer and a puzzle game. Call of Duty doesn't fit either of those genres.
This is a good mod, nice and entertaining, but it really doesn't fit the bill of a cheat. So it's a stupid idea.


oké oké , it was just my opinion , gosh .

mikewalker11
User avatar
Posts: 6
Joined: 14 Mar 2012, 18:33
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Jun 2012, 21:23

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:I'm going to predict that
1.) people are going to bitch and moan that this isn't in the game

2.) bitch and moan that they can't install it.

3.) people are going to use this to be lazy and make 20 maps of flat lands with nothing but goombas (CoD anyone?)

on-topic
nice mod looks like fun but I don't see myself using this (no gunz in martio AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW)


lol, i agree.
cod sucks, IMHO.

ubhisukhpal
Posts: 1
Joined: 05 Oct 2013, 21:14
Reputation: 0

Post » 05 Oct 2013, 21:29

I have a request that if you could mash up this mod into this mari0 mod from this link: http://www.mediafire.com/?du2axiah6zynyik thx if you tried

TheDarkGuardian
Posts: 1
Joined: 25 Jan 2016, 20:46
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 25 Jan 2016, 20:54

umh i have a question....HOW MANY DO YOU FRICKING NEED FOR THE NUKE FEATURE?! ITS 2016 BRO!

Technochips
User avatar
Posts: 691
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05
Reputation: 190
Contact:

Post » 25 Jan 2016, 21:06

sorry, the last post on this thread was made in october 2013
yu bumped the thread

Tecminer
User avatar
Posts: 483
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 20:44
Reputation: 179
Contact:

Post » 27 Jan 2016, 18:13

TheDarkGuardian wrote:umh i have a question....HOW MANY DO YOU FRICKING NEED FOR THE NUKE FEATURE?! ITS 2016 BRO!

do you actually think that this is still being worked on?

The creator of this mod has literally not been online since 2012...


Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest