Mod Idea

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
benw36

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 02:07

Could anyone possibly code a mod where you can add an audio clip into a checkpoint or invisible, non-colidable tile?
The idea is to attach a GlaDos speech file into this (located in the mappack file) to run when the player reaches a certain location.

Camewel

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 02:37

It might be possible to use an entity for this and just recycle the emancipation's check to play one of a few hard coded sound files (which can be selected via a recycle of the world pipe drop down thingy). Theoretically, very possible. It's of very limited use though.

EntranceJew

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 03:22

To make the most of this, it would be best to create a linkable entitiy that checks for player within itself and link that to another entity that plays a sound file. To make maximum use of the former, an entity will need to accept many inputs. Selecting the sound file would require some serious new code handling for the interface in order to give it a proper dynamic list of sounds and not just a predetermined list. I will consider it when I have a moment but I can't guarantee anything, ever.

benw36

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 03:55

EntranceJew wrote:To make the most of this, it would be best to create a linkable entitiy that checks for player within itself and link that to another entity that plays a sound file. To make maximum use of the former, an entity will need to accept many inputs. Selecting the sound file would require some serious new code handling for the interface in order to give it a proper dynamic list of sounds and not just a predetermined list. I will consider it when I have a moment but I can't guarantee anything, ever.
appreciate it.