[TOOL] Auto-updater & Source-builder

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
EntranceJew

Post » 11 Mar 2012, 12:12

Hark! I didn't mod an auto-updater into the game, nor did I teach it to handle raw love files. But I can give you a script and a set of programs that will accomplish just about the same thing. The only instructions I have right now are for Windows because that's what I happen to use. It wouldn't be too hard to translate my script to a bash script but I haven't worked with them enough to do that myself.

Download & run mari0.bat, script will download the latest version of mari0 and build the source. Useful for modders or for just automatically checking for the source. Script will probably break around version 1.9 of Mari0 just because I don't know how Maurice is going to handle versions after that. I will update it when the time comes, however.

What it does:
  • Determines if mari0 is downloaded through the existence of mari0*.exe, checks the version against the latest version on the website.
  • Downloads and extracts the windows executable and the source file of the latest version.
  • Stores a copy of the source as a zip in a folder called srcs while unpacking the latest source into a folder within srcs.
  • Nearing the end of the script it automatically builds the contents of srcs/latestversion to a .love file and launches it with love.exe.
  • Use the mari0.bat to quickly test changes made to a raw source folder or simply make it easier to use mods.
I welcome any modifications to the script people have to make, I kind of did this in a hurry because manually compressing the source each time got really discouraging.
Last edited by EntranceJew on 13 Mar 2012, 21:43, edited 2 times in total.

rAALph SiC

Post » 11 Mar 2012, 12:37

kudos

EntranceJew

Post » 13 Mar 2012, 21:46

I went ahead and made it a packaged download, just extract it to where you want mari0 to be, rename the folder to whatever you want, and run mari0.bat inside.

rAALph SiC

Post » 13 Mar 2012, 22:14

DL'd, running.. and thanks

teryakisan

Post » 13 Mar 2012, 23:31

Neato!