New graphics?

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
robotkoer

Post » 07 Mar 2012, 15:10

Is there a mod for Mari0 to use newer blocks, Mario and enemies?
(By newer I mean these: http://www.pouetpu-games.com/index.php? ... =640&h=480)

Also, there are some blocks Mari0 doesn't have... Can those be added too?

Nilsser

Post » 08 Mar 2012, 17:54

open computer then go c and open users your user and write up applications data\love\mari0\mappacks
make a ne w folder and then add a txt name settings.txt into it and search for blocks on mapping save the picture into it and save the image as tiles.png then when you go game select map that you added and you should see new blocks at custom if it dosent work save game or try again

FluffiMasta

Post » 08 Mar 2012, 18:48

Nilsser wrote:open computer then go c and open users your user and write up applications data\love\mari0\mappacks
make a ne w folder and then add a txt name settings.txt into it and search for blocks on mapping save the picture into it and save the image as tiles.png then when you go game select map that you added and you should see new blocks at custom if it dosent work save game or try again
I dont even understood a word.

Can you write it readable?

robotkoer

Post » 08 Mar 2012, 22:11

Nilsser wrote:open computer then go c and open users your user and write up applications data\love\mari0\mappacks
Uhh... More readable tutorial, plz?

trosh

Post » 08 Mar 2012, 22:20

this is the first time I'm using the wiki as an answer tool, but this might help you http://mari0wiki.wikkii.com/wiki/Tiles

robotkoer

Post » 08 Mar 2012, 22:34

trosh wrote:this is the first time I'm using the wiki as an answer tool, but this might help you http://mari0wiki.wikkii.com/wiki/Tiles
Yeah, nice but I'm too lazy to make them myself :D
Anyway, thank you!

Jackall4BDN

Post » 09 Mar 2012, 01:10

+bump* right now i am working on a retexture of Mari0 containing SMBWii Graphics and Musics, the Animated Sprites work like they should but i didnt find the Lua code i have to edit to make each sprite in the tilesheets (smbtiles etc.) being 2x or 4x as big, yet, without totally fucking up the engine. could someone maybe help me out as im not good in finding code?

MikeDX

Post » 09 Mar 2012, 12:27

Jackall4BDN wrote:+bump* right now i am working on a retexture of Mari0 containing SMBWii Graphics and Musics, the Animated Sprites work like they should but i didnt find the Lua code i have to edit to make each sprite in the tilesheets (smbtiles etc.) being 2x or 4x as big, yet, without totally fucking up the engine. could someone maybe help me out as im not good in finding code?
You make the graphics and let me know ;)

Hexonxonx

Post » 10 Mar 2012, 19:33

I've got a related question about sprites. In the "known issues" thread, it was pointed out that a box dropping onto a goomba will give you points, but it doesn't kill the enemy. The stomp() line is missing from the code, and that's an easy enough fix. But this also allows spikeys to be stomped by boxes, which I think makes "game sense".

The remaining issue is that there is no "flat spikey" image to show after one has been box-stomped. I went to fix this and figured most of it out (changing the quadi indices in the spikey animation, changing the size of the spikeyimg loading bit, adding an extra frame in spikey.png), but there are one or two remaining issues. First, the spikey (and egg) frames now have a white background when displayed. That is, there is no transparency to the background. How does transparency work in Mari0?

Related, the "squashed" frame I drew gets stretched to the full 16 pixel height when displayed. Rather than only being 6 pixels high, it's y-stretched to be 16 pixels. I'm guessing this has the same origin as the transparency problem.

EntranceJew

Post » 10 Mar 2012, 19:42

Hexonxonx wrote:I've got a related question about sprites. In the "known issues" thread, it was pointed out that a box dropping onto a goomba will give you points, but it doesn't kill the enemy. The stomp() line is missing from the code, and that's an easy enough fix. But this also allows spikeys to be stomped by boxes, which I think makes "game sense".
This could be fixed by doing a check against the goomba's type (object.t), the same way the game distinguishes them from one another in every other scenario.
Hexonxonx wrote:The remaining issue is that there is no "flat spikey" image to show after one has been box-stomped. I went to fix this and figured most of it out (changing the quadi indices in the spikey animation, changing the size of the spikeyimg loading bit, adding an extra frame in spikey.png), but there are one or two remaining issues. First, the spikey (and egg) frames now have a white background when displayed. That is, there is no transparency to the background. How does transparency work in Mari0?

Related, the "squashed" frame I drew gets stretched to the full 16 pixel height when displayed. Rather than only being 6 pixels high, it's y-stretched to be 16 pixels. I'm guessing this has the same origin as the transparency problem.
Transparency works the same way transparency works on normal images, using alpha. Open spikey.png in paint.net or GIMP for alpha support. (Presumably, you're using MSPaint and that doesn't support alpha transparency.)
Try that and see if that fixes it, if it doesn't then try to look closer at the code that defines the rect for the goomba getting squished.

Hexonxonx

Post » 10 Mar 2012, 19:50

Ah, thank you; I'm kind of graphics-stupid. I know you can do a check for the type, but I kind of like it with spikeys being squashed by boxes. They hurt Mario because he's soft and fleshy, but a box isn't.