Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

[2.0]Mari0 Premium Edition - MARI0 PrE IS BACK

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
JohnHOne
User avatar
Posts: 347
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 23:55
Reputation: 8

Post » 12 Feb 2015, 17:18

Mari0 1.4 is coming!
I'm sure i will launch at this night
Mari0 1.4.1 will launch later when i remove Turret's Animation mod
1.4.1 just remove the Turret's Animation mod,
At the Moment,i will create Mystery House Challenge Mappack,unlike other mappacks,That Mappack will have Challenges per World(Kill all Enemies,Collect all Seven Coins,Defeat the Bowser,Defeat the Special Enemies with a Shell),also,the time is 10-15

Tecminer
User avatar
Posts: 484
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 20:44
Reputation: 180
Contact:

Post » 12 Feb 2015, 18:07

The idea with the challenges seems copied from alesan's entities

JohnHOne
User avatar
Posts: 347
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 23:55
Reputation: 8

Post » 12 Feb 2015, 18:09

Tecminer wrote:The idea with the challenges seems copied from alesan's entities

No tec,i do not mean the "Daily Challenges",
I will get a gif later,also,its a mappack(That challenge thing),not a mod,but it will be included at the mod when its finished

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4651
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 718
Contact:

Post » 13 Feb 2015, 19:28

I think it's supposed to be like nes remix

Wary
User avatar
Posts: 638
Joined: 03 Jun 2012, 14:30
Reputation: 57

Post » 13 Feb 2015, 23:50

I love how this mod is detected as a "malicious file" by Chrome.

JohnHOne
User avatar
Posts: 347
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 23:55
Reputation: 8

Post » 14 Feb 2015, 22:54

Wary wrote:I love how this mod is detected as a "malicious file" by Chrome.

This happen because no one want to download the mod(The only guy that downloaded this mod is SuperMario444),
This mod DON'T contain virus
See:
https://www.virustotal.com/pt/file/b861 ... 423947206/

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 285
Contact:

Post » 15 Feb 2015, 06:21

Not looking at the replys, I'm downloading it right now.
Will give my thoughts when I'm done.

Edit:
This has some good potential. While the added shaders aren't necessary, they're a nice add.
As well as the new loading texts. Nice, but unnecessary.
The added skins are cool, too. (using the John one).
I'm not sure if the level selector in the Level Editor is different, but that's a nice touch is well. (props to whoever made that)

I would like to see an options button while in-game. Like, hit O to bring open the Options button.

But that's all I have to say. I can't wait to see more of this mod in the future! Keep up the work! :D

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 806
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 214
Contact:

Post » 18 Feb 2015, 19:07

Mariofan064 wrote:Keep up the work! :D


Uh, no. Don't.

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 285
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2015, 01:32

PrincessKiller wrote:
Mariofan064 wrote:Keep up the work! :D


Uh, no. Don't.


Well that's rude. He's really trying. And even if he isn't, I still think encouragement is necessary.
So how about you guys on this topic stop being rude (I know he isn't exactly the nicest person here) and support him.

And I don't want to here "Oh but why be nice if he is rude to *blank/me/us* ".

FuriousHedgehog
User avatar
Posts: 788
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14
Reputation: 300
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2015, 01:42

All 444 posts John have, does not have any reputation point.

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2121
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 674
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2015, 03:49

This post of yours was totally pointless.
That's all I have to say.




At John: This text is becoming larger than I thought, but please read and try hard to understand (I know English isn't your first language, but neither it's mine).

The little I've seen of your mod, it's all about adding small things, which is fine, but most mods do that. If you want people to use your mod, take a look at a few of the most popular mods: Alesan's mod, my mod and Turtle's mod (there may be a few more, but these are just great for what I'm trying to say).

These three mods have very different things and try to reach different outcomes, but they all have one thing in common: they add new, innovative, different things to Mari0. Of course, it requires a bit more of knowledge of coding to add "proper" new features (not expanding already-existing features, like shaders or loading texts). You most likely don't know coding, and it's probably hard for you to learn, but take this from someone who started exactly where you did (kind of).

When I started working on Mari0 +Portal, I knew NOTHING of coding. Okay, I knew the BASICS of programming logic that I got from an online Java course on YouTube (I could even give the link to you if you want. It's in Portuguese, so it'll be easy for you to learn). I stopped the course at object-oriented scripting, because I got tired and bored.

Then I wanted to try making a mod for Mari0 because I didn't like that people were making mods just to add custom textures (at that time we didn't have SE beta released). Since I didn't know anything about Lua and Löve, I researched a bit. Here are two links for you to get started:
http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/
http://www.love2d.org/wiki/Main_Page

Then I started learning more about what I'd need for my main idea: custom textures that were loaded from the mappack itself, and not that required you to download a new mod. That's when Mari0 +Portal was born, and that's all it could do: load custom entities/enemies textures from the mappack itself. And, if you look at the first comments, people were amazed by it, not because of the amount of random things I added, but because of that one, single, simple thing that made everyone's lives easier. Mari0 +Portal was born and was a success!

Later, I started experimenting a lot. I tried, failed, tried again, failed, until I could get some new features that I wanted. They started simple, like new indicator lights or buttons (for custom textures variation). Then I started adding a few, slightly more complex entities, and it kept growing because I wasn't only modding Mari0: I was learning Lua and Löve from it. Then it kinda started getting less attention, especially because SE and Alesan Entities were released at the time. But it didn't stop me, because I was having fun learning and modding Mari0. The entities, customization and stuff became pretty advanced, from things you'd expect from a mod from someone who was pretty experienced (which I was actually becoming).


So here are a few things to wrap up my oinion:
- Try as hard as you can to learn. It is never easy, but if you don't try because it's hard, you'll never learn anything in your life. Nothing is easy to learn at start!
- Add features that people CARE AND WANT. Custom loading texts are fun but I wouldn't download a mod just for that. How about taking a look at the "Ideas and things to Mari0"? My first post was about suggestions, and I've modded most of the things I actually suggested: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3101&p=61750#p61750
- If you get REALLY, REALLY stuck and CAN'T fix something, ask for help to someone that is more experienced than you (or anyone who's willing to help). If it weren't by Qcode, Mari0 +Portal would still be only a custom textures mod. He was really patient and helpful, so try to find someone like him. If you're willing to try harder, I'd more than happily help you!
- Stop making little things no one cares about. THINK BIG! People don't want a small, silly mod: they want a new experience!
- Stop making mediocre posts and pissing people off. The best mods and mappacks come from good users. Try to be more polite and helpful. I know people are being harsh on you lately (I'm looking at you, FuriousHedgehog!), but if you make nice posts only, people will eventually get better. There are a few examples of bad users that became very good users, but I don't wanna throw names (and NO! It's not ALL about Wary. Stop being harsh on him too, by the way!)
- AND, most importantly, NOBODY wants to play a mappack/mod you made in like 5 minutes. A mappack demo of only 1 level or 1 world is pretty much a BAD mappack always. This also applies to updates: "Update: added a new loading screen text" is like saying "Update: made this bad mod 1 text-screen worse".


Unless you become a better user and give us quality mappacks and mods, people will still hate you. So turn around and fix your stuff. And remember: I'm willing to help with whatever you need, as long as you're willing to TRY to fix your stuff.

My name is HugoBDesigner, and I'm candidate to Stabyourself Moderation 2015!!!

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4651
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 718
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2015, 06:02

HugoBDesigner wrote: a few of the most popular mods: Alesan's mod, my mod and Turtle's mod

:(

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2121
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 674
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2015, 06:15

Should I know or understand or merely ASK what was this post about?

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4651
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 718
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2015, 06:39

It was a dumb joke/post about how you didn't mention my mod and I'm very sorry.
But WillWare seems to like it so hey, maybe I'm doing something right?

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2121
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 674
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2015, 06:52

Well, your mod is more of an addon, since it doesn't introduce new things, so yeah... didn't work much of a joke there, sorry...
Also, your mod is completely different from the mods I've mentioned, and now this is becoming a random chat thread, missing completely my point, which is getting behind on my own posts as well.

Oh, the destiny's ironies. Anyway, scroll up and read my post John (if you're even reading this one right now).

FuriousHedgehog
User avatar
Posts: 788
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14
Reputation: 300
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2015, 06:55

Sorry John, sorry Hugo

I do not want to be rude in my posts, if not, more friendly !
John, you must work more with the mod, try putting something new, it is a recommendation, Hugo You are cool but also motivation to understand, total apologize by my.
FuriousHedgehog

JohnHOne
User avatar
Posts: 347
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 23:55
Reputation: 8

Post » 31 Mar 2015, 19:02

I'm back,and i developed Mari0 PrE 2.0!
Let me Show the Changelog
It remove:
Turret's Additional Animations
It add:
JOHN'S AWESOME ANIMATIONS!!!!!!
3D Mode(Yes,it use the new Love3D that i developed)
ADownload Manager,One bit(Or More Bits) will Transform into a Game or a Mod made my Me!(Including this mod)
Ice(Yeah,i added Ice)
New Enemies Options!:
Banana: Any enemy will eat a banana,and throw away,the banana may kill mario if the ground is ice!
Royal: If a enemy is selected,that enemy will follow the enemy with this mode
Christmas!,where the enemies will not attack you,Yeah,You are Idiot,now Goombas is a Idiot
It Fix:
A lot of bug of Mari0 SE
It fix the Character Bug
It fix the MINUS WORLD!
It remove the MissingNO. from this game

And i'm done...
...You can download tomorrow this new version,
After downloading this mod,The Download Manager will download the rest of the mod

Mari0_Player
User avatar
Posts: 415
Joined: 23 Sep 2013, 00:48
Reputation: 49

Post » 31 Mar 2015, 19:33

I'm guessing this is an (early) april fools joke?

Squidish
User avatar
Posts: 806
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04
Reputation: 214
Contact:

Post » 31 Mar 2015, 19:52

JohnHOne wrote:I'm back,and i developed Mari0 PrE 2.0!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY

JohnHOne
User avatar
Posts: 347
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 23:55
Reputation: 8

Post » 31 Mar 2015, 20:17

PrincessKiller wrote:
JohnHOne wrote:I'm back,and i developed Mari0 PrE 2.0!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY

U mad bro?
I'M BACK!
I WILL TAKEOVER THIS FORUM WITH THIS MOD!!
I WILL TAKEOVER THIS COMPANY WITH MY MAPPACK!!!
AND TAKEOVER THE WORLD WITH A NYAN CAT!!!!
Mari0_Player wrote:I'm guessing this is an (early) april fools joke?

No,NO FOOL,NO JOKE!
You can download tomorrow!

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32
Reputation: 417
Contact:

Post » 31 Mar 2015, 20:44

I'm alive!
April fools
I'm dead inside

Thanks Jogn

JohnHOne
User avatar
Posts: 347
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 23:55
Reputation: 8

Post » 31 Mar 2015, 21:24

B-Man99 wrote:I'm alive!
April fools
I'm dead inside

Thanks Jogn

As i read the Turret's Long List of Rules:
"You can't die,it's a forum!"
Also,you can't die because this is not a april fool

JohnHOne
User avatar
Posts: 347
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 23:55
Reputation: 8

Post » 01 Apr 2015, 01:18

MARI0 PrE IS BACK!!!
2.0 Update

This add a lot of NEW things!!
You can download here!!

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1466
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 72
Contact:

Post » 01 Apr 2015, 01:59

Nice mod.
Image

JohnHOne
User avatar
Posts: 347
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 23:55
Reputation: 8

Post » 01 Apr 2015, 02:18

Qcode wrote:Nice mod.
Image

I'm sorry,you can't touch the code because its using the new code,the HEHEHE code
But why it's not working?
Maybe i convert the HEHE code into normal code tomorrow

FuriousHedgehog
User avatar
Posts: 788
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14
Reputation: 300
Contact:

Post » 01 Apr 2015, 02:38

Early April fools joke
Confirmed

JohnHOne
User avatar
Posts: 347
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 23:55
Reputation: 8

Post » 01 Apr 2015, 02:41

FuriousHedgehog wrote:Early April fools joke
Confirmed

NOT CONFIRMED
IT CRASH BECAUSE I'M LAZY AND IT HAVE A LOT OF BUGS!

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1466
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 72
Contact:

Post » 01 Apr 2015, 03:00

JohnHOne wrote:
FuriousHedgehog wrote:Early April fools joke
Confirmed

NOT CONFIRMED
IT CRASH BECAUSE I'M LAZY AND IT HAVE A LOT OF BUGS!

It crashes because there's literally no code.
Might as well call off your April fool's joke, might have worked if you put a bit more effort into it (like this for example viewtopic.php?p=99584#p99584)

FuriousHedgehog
User avatar
Posts: 788
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14
Reputation: 300
Contact:

Post » 01 Apr 2015, 03:08

This joke is better than this.

JohnHOne
User avatar
Posts: 347
Joined: 13 Jul 2014, 23:55
Reputation: 8

Post » 01 Apr 2015, 03:08

Qcode wrote:
JohnHOne wrote:
FuriousHedgehog wrote:Early April fools joke
Confirmed

NOT CONFIRMED
IT CRASH BECAUSE I'M LAZY AND IT HAVE A LOT OF BUGS!

It crashes because there's literally no code.
Might as well call off your April fool's joke, might have worked if you put a bit more effort into it (like this for example viewtopic.php?p=99584#p99584)

You are Wrong,I'M THE CREATOR OF THIS CODE AND YOU CANT TOUCH MY CODE!
ALSO,ITS NOT A APRIL FOOl!!1

YOU RUINED THE JOKE!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah,you are right,this is a joke,
Actually,This mod is dead,It will not recieve a update,but when a new version of Mari0 SE is launched,i will return and update this mod to 2.0,it don't include the april fool's fake features,
Goodbye
*Run away*

FuriousHedgehog
User avatar
Posts: 788
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14
Reputation: 300
Contact:

Post » 01 Apr 2015, 03:10

Joke end.
Nothing happened here.

HowToEatGirafes
User avatar
Posts: 600
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 23:18
Reputation: 105
Contact:

Post » 01 Apr 2015, 08:29

Image
Hurray

craftersshaftstuff
User avatar
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Jun 2015, 03:55
Reputation: 8
Contact:

Post » 10 Jun 2015, 23:35

IT'S JUNE AND IT HASN'T EVEN CHANGED

Firaga
User avatar
Posts: 944
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 16:05
Reputation: 118
Contact:

Post » 11 Jun 2015, 18:27

craftersshaftstuff wrote:IT'S JUNE AND IT HASN'T EVEN CHANGED

Yeah, because who needs a life when you have MODS TO MAKE.
He does this in his free time.

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1663
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 302
Contact:

Post » 12 Jun 2015, 15:06

Firaga wrote:
craftersshaftstuff wrote:IT'S JUNE AND IT HASN'T EVEN CHANGED

Yeah, because who needs a life when you have MODS TO MAKE.
He does this in his free time.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about a new update but that the main post still has the april fools stuff
JohnHOne wrote:Added 3D Mode(Yes,it use the new Love3D that i developed)
Added a Download Manager,One bit(Or More Bits) will Transform into a Game or a Mod made my Me!

Shyguylover
User avatar
Posts: 13
Joined: 20 Nov 2015, 19:30
Reputation: 3

Post » 21 Nov 2015, 18:30

Broken link please give me a link!


Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron