Save State Mod [Request]

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
ben123111
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Sep 2014, 17:32
Reputation: 0

Post » 27 Sep 2014, 18:53

Ok, so i just want a mod that will let me save states. Here is how it will work.

-Say the player is going into a dangerous part of the game, he presses O

-A menu opens up with 2 buttons. One says "Save State" and the other says "Load Save"

-When you press "Save State" it will ask for a name. the default will be "Save State 1" and the "1" goes up depending on how many save states you've made.

-Then you save it, and when you die and start the level over again, you just press O, then Load State.

-A menu will pop up with all your saves. Double click on to open a save. You will be put back where you where before

I made these 2 concept images in photoshop.

Image

Image

Note that these are just concept images. Not a real mod (Yet)

It would be awesome if someone would make this!

Thanks! -Ben
Last edited by ben123111 on 04 Oct 2014, 01:03, edited 1 time in total.

MM102
User avatar
Posts: 1015
Joined: 11 May 2012, 06:08
Reputation: 497

Post » 29 Sep 2014, 06:03

there is (more like was. Yeah I'm calling you out HUGO) a tas mod which had savestates planned at one point.

Pact
User avatar
Posts: 61
Joined: 03 Aug 2014, 19:29
Reputation: 0

Post » 29 Sep 2014, 08:57

MM102 wrote:there is (more like was. Yeah I'm calling you out HUGO) a tas mod which had savestates planned at one point.
Link, please.

MM102
User avatar
Posts: 1015
Joined: 11 May 2012, 06:08
Reputation: 497

Post » 29 Sep 2014, 12:48

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4309
unfinished is an understatement however because of various planning flaws along the way.
Most of which are not stated in the thread because more than half the planning was done by luna/mindnomad and HugoBDesigner over steam.

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2091
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 658
Contact:

Post » 29 Sep 2014, 23:38

I don't think he wants a TAS mod. It looks to me like what you do when you suspend game, except that, instead of going back to the level's start, it brings you to the position you were when you saved it (including enemies and stuff).

ben123111
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Sep 2014, 17:32
Reputation: 0

Post » 01 Oct 2014, 06:11

HugoBDesigner wrote:I don't think he wants a TAS mod. It looks to me like what you do when you suspend game, except that, instead of going back to the level's start, it brings you to the position you were when you saved it (including enemies and stuff).
Yes thats exactly what I want

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2091
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 658
Contact:

Post » 01 Oct 2014, 06:14

Well, that's a bit complicated to do. Not impossible, though. It'd just take a good amount of time. Not that the community can't help, but I don't think many people would be interested in doing this anytime soon, since most modders have bigger projects being developed. I, myself, could do this, but I'm not promising anything, since most times I "promise" I'll do something I end up unmotivated...

ben123111
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Sep 2014, 17:32
Reputation: 0

Post » 02 Oct 2014, 02:11

HugoBDesigner wrote:Well, that's a bit complicated to do. Not impossible, though. It'd just take a good amount of time. Not that the community can't help, but I don't think many people would be interested in doing this anytime soon, since most modders have bigger projects being developed. I, myself, could do this, but I'm not promising anything, since most times I "promise" I'll do something I end up unmotivated...
Ok. Just contact me if you want to do it.

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 284
Contact:

Post » 04 Oct 2014, 00:49

I kinda don't like the example on the first post, so I had made one a little better.

IMPORTANT!!!
This is a Photoshop edit, not a mod. All you see here isn't real.

Instead of hitting the "O" button, you hit the pause button "esc". And instead of the Load and Save menu, you get one with a very familiar look...[spoiler]Image
Doom anyone? This basically is like a Mini Menu from the beginning of the game.

Image
Save Select

Image
Notice in the top left corner next to name Mario it says "W4-1 Loaded". I tried to make represent the words its says when you save/load a game.


As I said, this is not a mod I made, its a simple Photoshop edit.
Other ideas like typing "IDBEHOLD_" in Doom for Mari0 would be cool. Lol,how about "MauriceTheGodBlessMeWith_"

ben123111
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Sep 2014, 17:32
Reputation: 0

Post » 04 Oct 2014, 01:03

Mariofan064 wrote:I kinda don't like the example on the first post, so I had made one a little better.

IMPORTANT!!!
This is a Photoshop edit, not a mod. All you see here isn't real.

Instead of hitting the "O" button, you hit the pause button "esc". And instead of the Load and Save menu, you get one with a very familiar look...[spoiler]Image
Doom anyone? This basically is like a Mini Menu from the beginning of the game.

Image
Save Select

Image
Notice in the top left corner next to name Mario it says "W4-1 Loaded". I tried to make represent the words its says when you save/load a game.


As I said, this is not a mod I made, its a simple Photoshop edit.
Other ideas like typing "IDBEHOLD_" in Doom for Mari0 would be cool. Lol,how about "MauriceTheGodBlessMeWith_"


I was using the O button as an example, but whatever. I still think the save states should have their own menu/button

MF064DD
User avatar
Posts: 737
Joined: 20 May 2014, 00:08
Reputation: 284
Contact:

Post » 04 Oct 2014, 03:28

ben123111 wrote:
Mariofan064 wrote:I kinda don't like the example on the first post, so I had made one a little better.

IMPORTANT!!!
This is a Photoshop edit, not a mod. All you see here isn't real.

Instead of hitting the "O" button, you hit the pause button "esc". And instead of the Load and Save menu, you get one with a very familiar look...[spoiler]Image
Doom anyone? This basically is like a Mini Menu from the beginning of the game.

Image
Save Select

Image
Notice in the top left corner next to name Mario it says "W4-1 Loaded". I tried to make represent the words its says when you save/load a game.


As I said, this is not a mod I made, its a simple Photoshop edit.
Other ideas like typing "IDBEHOLD_" in Doom for Mari0 would be cool. Lol,how about "MauriceTheGodBlessMeWith_"


I was using the O button as an example, but whatever. I still think the save states should have their own menu/button

Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you. I just had a simple idea to make it more fun for people who like references and stuff. Nerds dig that kinda stuff.
I love this idea though that you had though. I hope for it to become reality someday.

ben123111
User avatar
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Sep 2014, 17:32
Reputation: 0

Post » 04 Oct 2014, 03:29

Mariofan064 wrote:
ben123111 wrote:
Mariofan064 wrote:I kinda don't like the example on the first post, so I had made one a little better.

IMPORTANT!!!
This is a Photoshop edit, not a mod. All you see here isn't real.

Instead of hitting the "O" button, you hit the pause button "esc". And instead of the Load and Save menu, you get one with a very familiar look...[spoiler]Image
Doom anyone? This basically is like a Mini Menu from the beginning of the game.

Image
Save Select

Image
Notice in the top left corner next to name Mario it says "W4-1 Loaded". I tried to make represent the words its says when you save/load a game.


As I said, this is not a mod I made, its a simple Photoshop edit.
Other ideas like typing "IDBEHOLD_" in Doom for Mari0 would be cool. Lol,how about "MauriceTheGodBlessMeWith_"


I was using the O button as an example, but whatever. I still think the save states should have their own menu/button

Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend you. I just had a simple idea to make it more fun for people who like references and stuff. Nerds dig that kinda stuff.
I love this idea though that you had though. I hope for it to become reality someday.


Nah, don't be sorry. We just both have different opinions, thats all :)


Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests