About bricks and shells?

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
NachoGrande96

Post » 27 Sep 2014, 17:23

Is there a way to make bricks and "?" blocks not break when they get struck by a shell from the side? I'm trying to make an underground corridor level using the old SMB style and I want to have bricks that the player can still break through by jumping, but not break if the player happens to kick a shell into the side of it.

I'm sorry if this doesn't warrant its own thread, but I've searched everywhere and can't find an answer anywhere...I'm still new to modding Mari0, so this might be a simple question where I'm completely overlooking an obvious solution. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 27 Sep 2014, 17:30

If you're using SE you could probably have a switch that changes the animated tile out to a none animated tile if an entity is within the block to the left or right. As Mario only breaks from the bottom this wouldn't affect him.

NachoGrande96

Post » 27 Sep 2014, 17:35

Hmm...this could work! Although right now I am using TripleXero's Super Mario Bros. + mod (I prefer the way Mario moves in that mod over how he moves in Mari0/Mari0 SE). I just didn't know if there was a place I could edit the properties of the blocks themselves within the lua code. Thank you so much for the help though!

Although this raises another question while I'm here...is there any easy way of transferring Mario's physics from the SMB+ mod into the Mari0 SE file?

Qcode

Post » 27 Sep 2014, 18:12

Last edited by Qcode on 21 Oct 2021, 19:25, edited 1 time in total.

NachoGrande96

Post » 28 Sep 2014, 13:12

Thank you Qcode! Actually with this answered I'm not too worried about the physics code anymore (though if anyone has a solution I'd love to hear it!).

I do have one more question to add...is it possible to have Mario flip the koopa into its shell instead of knocking it off the screen when he hits it from below through a block?