Mari0 1.6 (Hugo's Unofficial) Joystick Sensitivity

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
HugoBDesigner

Post » 07 Sep 2014, 18:18

So... I wanted to play some local coop with my nephew, and I'd love to have some sensitivity controls to make more smooth movements. We asked Maurice for this a while ago, but he said it was impossible because the angles in joysticks were controlled by the position you were holding it, so it couldn't be configurated.

BUT, what Maurice didn't thought is that you can make the pointer move from it's current position to the poisition you're holding in a certain speed, not only instantaneously. So, I decided to add this option. It was quite easy, actually, so modders shouldn't have problems adding this to their mods or Maurice to SE or whatever.

You can set the sensibility in the controls settings, from 0 to 1, 0 being instantaneously moving (like it actually is, but you don't want that, do you?) and 1 being 1 second to move between points. It is actually really slow, so set a value between these two :)

For modders (and Maurice): I only modified the main.lua, mario.lua, menu.lua and variables.lua files. There weren't MANY changes, so it should be easy to identify. Just a thing: in variables.lua I only added a variable "joystickmaxsensibility = 1", so you don't need to go crazy trying to find what I changed. In main.lua I only edited the loadconfig, defaultconfig and saveconfig, nothing else.

DOWNLOAD

PS.: If anyone is worried about compatibility, it doesn't affects mods nor vanilla Mari0...

JohnHOne

Post » 25 Oct 2014, 00:08

nice,i will try if after i purchase a computer controller

HugoBDesigner

Post » 25 Oct 2014, 02:02

Thanks! Hopefully modders (and Maurice) add this to their mods, so people don't have to struggle with the super sensitive controller axis :)

Wary

Post » 26 Oct 2014, 23:03

HugoBDesigner wrote:Thanks! Hopefully modders (and Maurice) add this to their mods, so people don't have to struggle with the super sensitive controller axis :)
Maurice will add this to his mod?
Also Maurice has been incredibly inactive for the past century.

B-Man99

Post » 26 Oct 2014, 23:24

WaryLouka wrote:Also Maurice has been incredibly inactive
Oh wow Wary you've only said that (and quite unfairly) several times recently
Thanks for seizing what could barely be considered an opportunity to say it again
No one except you seems to care enough for that midguided statement to be said as many times as you're saying it
You're accomplishing nothing, it comes across the wrong way, and it makes you sound like a complaining idiot that doesn't know what he's talking about

However active an admin is - one that kindly runs the very website you use - is none of your concern, and it isn't even remotely on topic
Either stop mentioning it, or just leave. I mean if what the admins do is such a big deal to you why should they even bother letting you stay here

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
NICE JOB HUGO THIS IS A GREAT MOD THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT AND SHARING IT IN THIS THEEAD BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS

Wary

Post » 27 Oct 2014, 00:03

B-Man99 wrote:
WaryLouka wrote:Also Maurice has been incredibly inactive
Oh wow Wary you've only said that (and quite unfairly) several times recently
Thanks for seizing what could barely be considered an opportunity to say it again
No one except you seems to care enough for that midguided statement to be said as many times as you're saying it
You're accomplishing nothing, it comes across the wrong way, and it makes you sound like a complaining idiot that doesn't know what he's talking about

However active an admin is - one that kindly runs the very website you use - is none of your concern, and it isn't even remotely on topic
Either stop mentioning it, or just leave. I mean if what the admins do is such a big deal to you why should they even bother letting you stay here

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY
NICE JOB HUGO THIS IS A GREAT MOD THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT AND SHARING IT IN THIS THEEAD BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THIS THREAD IS
I've been inactive for like a month or two and you said "recently".
You don't need to skyrocket a single sentence into orbit pls.
Also, I'm an admin on some forum run by me and other 5 people. It may be of my concern or not.