need help making and installing custom character

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
B4XT3R03

Post » 15 Aug 2014, 12:51

Title says it all :T

Firaga

Post » 15 Aug 2014, 17:32

We aren't mind readers, and your thread is fucking barebones.
If you want us to make a character for you, DESCRIBE WHAT THE CHARACTER WILL LOOK LIKE.

B-Man99

Post » 15 Aug 2014, 18:07

I don't think he wants you to make him a character, he's just asking for help
@B4X You probably just didn't check around the forums. There are threads showing how to do things like this. If you have a question please be more specific
@Firaga seriously chill out. They're new, and I for one am sick of people being harsh and mean when it's incredibly uncalled for.

Mari0Maker

Post » 15 Aug 2014, 23:58

The question is already specific enough, and finding a tutorial for a new member is not the easiest thing.
Anyways, I assume you're using Mari0: SE beta. If you're not, then just say you are and I'll show you how to do it for 1.6.

Making a custom character can be challenging if you don't have much practice in graphic editing and coding, so if you know how to do that, this should not be too difficult. If you want a basic guide, you can find one here:
viewtopic.php?p=91244#p91244

As for installing them, it is much simpler.
Open Mari0: SE, go to the mappack selection screen, press M on your keyboard. Next, create a folder called characters, and place your custom characters in there. Each will have a separate folder, so, for example, if you downloaded a Mega Man character, you would make a folder titled something like mega man, and put the custom character files in there.
So, the layout should look like this, changing the character name respectively: I hope this helped! :)