Team Fortress 2 Sound Mod

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
Seth.D

Post » 05 May 2014, 10:28

Hello everyone! This is just a simple little mod that replaces every sound effect of Mari0 with sound effects from Team Fortress 2! I actually made this mod many years ago, but I forgot to post it here. It doesn't do anything special, all I set out to do was replace the sounds. Enjoy! :D

Download the compiled game!
Download the .love file if you want to do it yourself!
Want to do it yourself even more? Here are the sound files!
If you want to do EVERYTHING yourself, download Team Fortress 2 and extract the sound files using GCFScape!

P.S.: I don't know if this has already been said, but if you go to World 8-2 and do absolutely nothing, the Lakitu will drop a Spiny that piggyback rides on a Paratroopa.
Last edited by Seth.D on 10 May 2014, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.

I LÖVE LUA

Post » 05 May 2014, 11:43

Seth.D wrote:Note: Both the "bonus stage" music and the starman music share the same file, so in the bonus stage you'll hear the starman sound effects. Unfortunately I don't think there's a way for me to easily fix this. :(
Simple to fix. Go in main.lua, lines 709-723 :

Code: Select all

--music
	--[[
	overworldmusic = love.audio.newSource("sounds/overworld.ogg", "stream");overworldmusic:setLooping(true)
	undergroundmusic = love.audio.newSource("sounds/underground.ogg", "stream");undergroundmusic:setLooping(true)
	castlemusic = love.audio.newSource("sounds/castle.ogg", "stream");castlemusic:setLooping(true)
	underwatermusic = love.audio.newSource("sounds/underwater.ogg", "stream");underwatermusic:setLooping(true)
	starmusic = love.audio.newSource("sounds/starmusic.ogg", "stream");starmusic:setLooping(true)
	princessmusic = love.audio.newSource("sounds/princessmusic.ogg", "stream");princessmusic:setLooping(true)

overworldmusicfast = love.audio.newSource("sounds/overworld-fast.ogg", "stream");overworldmusicfast:setLooping(true)
	undergroundmusicfast = love.audio.newSource("sounds/underground-fast.ogg", "stream");undergroundmusicfast:setLooping(true)
	castlemusicfast = love.audio.newSource("sounds/castle-fast.ogg", "stream");castlemusicfast:setLooping(true)
	underwatermusicfast = love.audio.newSource("sounds/underwater-fast.ogg", "stream");underwatermusicfast:setLooping(true)
	starmusicfast = love.audio.newSource("sounds/starmusic-fast.ogg", "stream");starmusicfast:setLooping(true)
	]]
Simply add your music the same way it's in the code, for exemple :

bonusmusic = love.audio.newSource("sounds/bonus.ogg", "stream"); bonusmusic:setLooping(true)
bonusmusicfast =  love.audio.newSource("sounds/bonus-fast.ogg", "stream"); bonusmusic:setLooping(true)

After that, go in musicloader.lua, lines 86-98

music:load{
	"overworld",
	"overworld-fast",
	"underground",
	"underground-fast",
	"castle",
	"castle-fast",
	"underwater",
	"underwater-fast",
	"starmusic",
	"starmusic-fast",
	"princessmusic",
}
This is the list of the musics that are in main.lua, so you have to use the names you used in that file.

Then, in editor.lua, line 29 :

guielements["musicdropdown"] = guielement:new("dropdown", 17, 110, 11, changemusic, musici, "none", "overworld", "underground", "castle", "underwater", "star", "custom")
In this line you can add the music in the editor dropdown, you can add it after "custom" (recommended) or before, but there is more job to do (only the non-fast version).

If you did put it before "custom", you have to go in game.lua to edit the function "playmusic()", at line 4044 :

function playmusic()
	if musici == 7 and custommusic then
		music:play(custommusic)
	elseif musici ~= 1 then
		if mariotime < 100 and mariotime > 0 then
			music:playIndex(musici-1, true)
		else
			music:playIndex(musici-1)
		end
	end
end
You have to change "if musici == 7" to "if musici == 8".

Save all the files, and you're done.

All of this was tested.

Hope this will help you.

Seth.D

Post » 09 May 2014, 11:22

Hello! I attempted the code edits, but for some reason the bonus stages still play the same old starman music instead of the new bonus music I added. Also, when I try to select "BONUS" in the level editor, the game just freezes.

On the other hand, I made the princess music not loop, which should fix my other issue. Hooray!

H̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶.̶l̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶:̶D̶

Problem solved!
Last edited by Seth.D on 10 May 2014, 11:38, edited 4 times in total.

I LÖVE LUA

Post » 09 May 2014, 17:08

I found what's wrong. You just need to rename the files "bonusmusic.ogg" and "bonusmusic-fast.ogg", or the music loader thread won't load it.

Just that. Wow.

Seth.D

Post » 09 May 2014, 23:56

Well the good news is, the game doesn't freeze when I load the bonus music in the editor! The bad news is, the game is still using the starman music in bonus levels. :/

I'm not going to bother uploading the .love since the only edit I made was changing the filenames to what you recommended (bonusmusic.ogg and bonusmusic-fast.ogg).

I LÖVE LUA

Post » 10 May 2014, 09:57

Well, just select "BONUS" when you wanna make a bonus level.

Seth.D

Post » 10 May 2014, 11:15

Seth.D wrote:Note: Both the "bonus stage" music and the starman music share the same file, so in the bonus stage you'll hear the starman sound effects. Unfortunately I don't think there's a way for me to easily fix this. :(
Not that I don't appreciate your help (I really do!), but the whole point was to separate the starman and bonus music in the game so that they don't use the same sound file. The point wasn't to add a new song to the editor. ._.

EDIT: Never mind! I was able to solve my issue by going into the level text files for the bonus stages and changing "music=6" to "music=7". Thank you very much for assisting me! Even if you didn't give me this solution directly, I still wouldn't have been able to add this music to the levels at all if it weren't for your help, Mr. I LÖVE LUA! :D

The download links in my first post should now be updated to contain the fixes.