An idea

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
sirex

Post » 18 Mar 2014, 01:43

I have a idea for a mod
since i'm not good at any type of game code
maybe a mod that adds more cheats like no clip by the press of a button. bullet time but maybe you can also make it go faster.Who knows it can probably even makes it so you don't have to use the test level glitch to get cheats (if your lazy like that) and it can make more things incredible and fun like having 6 portals and each one leads to a different one and those are my ideas just give me credit if you make this cause i made u the idea unless
someone else made it...

HAPPYFACES

Post » 18 Mar 2014, 02:28

Hey, welcome to the forums I suppose. Try to use that type of spoiler code for large images or walls of text. There should be another that has your desired effect where it blacks out the text.

For the most part, modding small things like that has become rather... Tedious, and our modders get requests like this all the time. I say for now, enjoy what the users have up already, and wait and see if anything else pops up. Who knows, maybe someone will include one of your ideas.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 18 Mar 2014, 04:20

sirex wrote:I have a idea for a mod
since i'm not good at any type of game code
maybe a mod that adds more cheats like no clip by the press of a button. bullet time but maybe you can also make it go faster.Who knows it can probably even makes it so you don't have to use the test level glitch to get cheats (if your lazy like that) and it can make more things incredible and fun like having 6 portals and each one leads to a different one and those are my ideas just give me credit if you make this cause i made u the idea unless
someone else made it...
Hello! Welcome to the forums!
If you want, you can use my mod: Mari0 +Portal. With it you can have most of these requests. Bullettime can make you go faster if you use custom variables (bullettimemaxspeed = [some number]) and you can get cheats with Commanders. I'm not sure about what you mean by "6 portals leading to a different one". I already thought of adding it, and probably will, but in the future. The noclip, though, is an idea! Perhaps I add it :)

MegaKid

Post » 19 Mar 2014, 02:20

sirex wrote:Who knows it can probably even makes it so you don't have to use the test level glitch to get cheats (if your lazy like that)
OrbitalBlueprint wrote:As I was looking through the Mari0 source, I noticed some code related to the konami code. I tried it in the main menu and suddenly some music played. Here's the code:

↑↑↓↓←→←→ B A

Not sure if this is really thread-worthy, I just though this was a neat easter egg.
Type that in the menu and *poof* you got cheats.

I LÖVE LUA

Post » 19 Mar 2014, 17:41

If you want bullettime to make things happend faster (reminds me Not Pacman ++), go in game.lua. At line 2991 you should have :

Code: Select all

elseif button == "wu" then
			if playertype == "minecraft" then
				mccurrentblock = mccurrentblock - 1
				if mccurrentblock <= 0 then
					mccurrentblock = 9
				end
			elseif bullettime then
				speedtarget = speedtarget + 0.1
				if speedtarget > 1 then
					speedtarget = 1
				end
			end
		end
Change the two "1" in

Code: Select all

if speedtarget > 1 then
speedtarget = 1
to the value you want. (Exemple : If you want to make at maximum things going twice faster, change to 2)

zorua7551

Post » 19 Mar 2014, 21:38

Mod that has bulletime, Unless you mean SE.
sirex wrote:and having 6 portals so that one leads to a different portal
How would that be possible if the portals are shot with your mouse buttons?  Unless you have a magic mouse that has 6 buttons  Where would the 4 other portal shots be made?

BobTheLawyer

Post » 19 Mar 2014, 22:33

zorua7551 wrote:How would that be possible if the portals are shot with your mouse buttons?  Unless you have a magic mouse that has 6 buttons  Where would the 4 other portal shots be made?
Scroll wheel to select.

Dav999

Post » 20 Mar 2014, 00:09

BobTheLawyer wrote:
zorua7551 wrote:How would that be possible if the portals are shot with your mouse buttons?  Unless you have a magic mouse that has 6 buttons  Where would the 4 other portal shots be made?
Scroll wheel to select.
That would be annoying if you have a trackpad...

Qcode

Post » 20 Mar 2014, 01:34

Last edited by Qcode on 21 Oct 2021, 19:20, edited 2 times in total.

MissingWorld

Post » 20 Mar 2014, 02:38

Qcode wrote:Who plays Mari0 with a trackpad
I only do because my laptop space doesn't have enough room for a mouse. I prefer mappacks without the portal gun anyways...
But this is getting off-topic.