[Solved] Use More Than One Mod?

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
Azril

Post » 13 Sep 2013, 17:24

Is there anyway to use more than one mod? If there is please tell me.

EDIT:This problem is solved thanks to Automatik heres hes post:
Automatik wrote:
Azril wrote:I dont really get it about that lua thing can you make a video or steps for doing it?
Well, first, the problem is that you have to know how to program in lua.
Let's say you want to merge two mods, a a "purple koopa mod" and a "make goomba green and jumpy mod"

You know that the 1st mod modifie three files:
-It add graphics/purplekoopa.png (The graphics)
-It add purplekoopa.lua (The code for the entity)
-It change entity.lua(To add the entity into the game)

You know that the 2nd mod modifie three files:
-It change graphics/goomba.png (The graphics, to make the goomba green)
-It change goomba.lua (To make it jump)
-It change entity.lua(To change the name and the description)

If you want to merge the two mods together, either you take the 1st mod and you merge in the files changed in the 2nd mod, or vice-versa. We'll take the former.
Putting the first two files of the green goomba mod(graphics/goomba.png & goomba.lua) into the first mod isn't a problem.
Howered, if you replace the entity.lua of the first mod with the one in the 2nd mod, the "adding purplekoopa" part will get removed. So you have to search in the the 2nd file which changes were made, and copy-paste them to the 1st mod. So you have to know lua to understand what you have to copy paste.
Last edited by Azril on 15 Sep 2013, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 13 Sep 2013, 17:36

At once? As in combined? No, you need to copy code over.
At different times? Sure. They don't overwrite each other.

Azril

Post » 14 Sep 2013, 07:45

You mean I need to put them in one .zip than launch it with LOVE?

joeyjoey396

Post » 14 Sep 2013, 15:23

No, you need to actually get down to the center and copy code over.

alesan99

Post » 14 Sep 2013, 15:23

Azril wrote:You mean I need to put them in one .zip than launch it with LOVE?
No no. That's not going to work. Mari0 mods are different. Unlike minecraft, Mari0 mods are like downloading the whole game with the mod so if you put them together you're basically putting the game, in the game.
Let me show you the proper way to do it. Let's say there's a mod that changes the character to toad, and you wan't it to also have randomly generated levels.
First, open the toad mod with winrar, 7zip or whatever you use to achive then the random generated levels mod.
Next, you have to find out what files the mods change. The toad mod changes the player graphics , smbtiles.png, variables.lua, menu.lua. The randomly generated levels mod changes a whole bunch of stuff so we are better off moving the toad mod to the generator mod.
Then, drag the toad mod's graphics to the generator mod and make sure it replaces them.
Afterwards, You also have to change the code, i don't think the generator mod puts more code in the variables so let's drag the variables.lua to the genated levels mod.
Next, both mods change menu.lua so thats what Mr.Q.Marx? meant by copy pasting. The toad mod only changes the name so copy that then go to the Level generator mod's menu.lua and paste the name where it was in the toad mod.
FINALLY, save the changes and run the level generator mod . ta da. You probably didn't understand the giant block of text. I suggest to keep on using them separately or download the Superjustinbros mod.

Azril

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 11:11

alesan99 wrote:
Azril wrote:You mean I need to put them in one .zip than launch it with LOVE?
No no. That's not going to work. Mari0 mods are different. Unlike minecraft, Mari0 mods are like downloading the whole game with the mod so if you put them together you're basically putting the game, in the game.
Let me show you the proper way to do it. Let's say there's a mod that changes the character to toad, and you wan't it to also have randomly generated levels.
First, open the toad mod with winrar, 7zip or whatever you use to achive then the random generated levels mod.
Next, you have to find out what files the mods change. The toad mod changes the player graphics , smbtiles.png, variables.lua, menu.lua. The randomly generated levels mod changes a whole bunch of stuff so we are better off moving the toad mod to the generator mod.
Then, drag the toad mod's graphics to the generator mod and make sure it replaces them.
Afterwards, You also have to change the code, i don't think the generator mod puts more code in the variables so let's drag the variables.lua to the genated levels mod.
Next, both mods change menu.lua so thats what Mr.Q.Marx? meant by copy pasting. The toad mod only changes the name so copy that then go to the Level generator mod's menu.lua and paste the name where it was in the toad mod.
FINALLY, save the changes and run the level generator mod . ta da. You probably didn't understand the giant block of text. I suggest to keep on using them separately or download the Superjustinbros mod.
I dont really get it about that lua thing can you make a video or steps for doing it?

alesan99

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 15:12

Azril wrote:I dont really get it about that lua thing can you make a video or steps for doing it?
.lua is a type of file where all the code is stored. You can open .lua files with any text editor but i suggest notepad++.
So lets get in to the steps.
Once you have Mari0's Source right click and choose open with then choose an archiver, I use Winrar so I chose that
Once you opened it with your archiver then you should see many .lua files.
Then look for a .lua file then double click (depends on which archiver you're using)

Automatik

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 15:50

Let's say you want to merge two mods, a a "purple koopa mod" and a "make goomba green and jumpy mod"

If you want to merge the two mods together, either you take the 1st mod and you merge in the files changed in the 2nd mod, or vice-versa. We'll take the former.
Putting the first two files of the green goomba mod(graphics/goomba.png & goomba.lua) into the first mod isn't a problem.
Howered, if you replace the entity.lua of the first mod with the one in the 2nd mod, the "adding purplekoopa" part will get removed. So you have to search in the the 2nd file which changes were made, and copy-paste them to the 1st mod. So you have to know lua to understand what you have to copy paste.

Azril

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 18:32

Automatik wrote:

Thank you Automatik i just combined mari0 extras with silly parkour mod. I also edited this post as solved and gived credit to you thanks :D